Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival (8425 Views)

Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions / Who Is Responsibility For The Fraud In 2016 Budget(budget Mafias Or Budget Rats) / Jan. 2016 Fg Civil Servant Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by MizMyColi(f): 12:41am On Dec 28, 2015
TimeManager:
@MizMyColi, **You got me cracking.** I presume you are a perfectionist; that's a compliment. My caps lock is on a single dimensional. As a matter of fact, i intend to play along by the mechanical errors to rationalise the stress involved in being too formal. Though, i'm extra cautious in my formal obligations. I'm sorry to have not in the least taken into consideration the sensitivities of grammatical adherents. However, on a personal note, i'm not arrogant to oblige.
No lie only truth!

smiley
Bless You Bruv.

I hope this gets to you before I'm banned.
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by TimeManager(m): 1:02am On Dec 28, 2015
@MizMyColi, A ban?, how?
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by MizColiatu: 1:46am On Dec 28, 2015
TimeManager:
@MizMyColi, A ban?, how?

I knew it was coming.
Everytime I see helpless/dying people and there's really nothing I can do to help, I become wrecked emotionally, and I get angry when I see people who don't show concern.

Arres a and Clever ly were casualties.

I feel weaker right now.

I just got word that Aunt Folake, whom I knew through NL and took care of for a very brief period died on xmas day.

I was able to meditate and get myself to release the negative energies of anger caused by Ngene and co.

But this one?
I can't seem to shake it off or get a grip on self.
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by TimeManager(m): 2:38am On Dec 28, 2015
@mizColiatu, I feel your pains, may God grant the family of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss and by extension every bereaved homes. It's hurtful to play politics with vulnerable and innocent lives, it drains up the valve of one's balance. Moerover, our conscience, humanity, and recesses of hearts could agree on the principle of sanctity of lives but political sentiments, considerations and ideologies could disagree on the war against insurgency. I would much less find some faults in those guys you mentioned who are opposed to your idea and feelings, one can look no further than the spill over of the election cross fires. Without an excuse, i am a part of such bandwagon because we belong to the same political lane. You would definately be helpless as to contain the broken emotions most of all when it involved a victim of a shared relationship. Once again, i sympathise with you and the nation at large. I would share this moment with you and suspend the temptation to enmesh in politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by PassingShot(m): 3:38am On Dec 28, 2015
grin
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Stop poisoning your audience with blanket lies as per the comment in the bold.

You are lost somewhere inbetween the lines.

By assigning specific amount to each ministry, agency and department makes your jargon nonsense when signed into law.

You think Nigeria is a sole proprietorship where the big man moves money as nobody's business?
Why don't you just read up on zero-budgeting and save us the headache of having to educate you forcefully?

In your mind, zero budgeting means there won't be any budget by the FG. Olodo upon 100! grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by bloodykiller: 4:20am On Dec 28, 2015
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Now you are asking the right question. If you really check, we spend so much on recurrent expenditure, inflated budgets by government ministries and agencies, multiple award of contracts and direct embezzling. Of the recurrent expenditure, the bulk of them goes to political officeholders, DGs and CEOs of government parastatals as well as benefits accrued to former leaders and their family. If we can cut the benefits of political officeholders by 60%, curb the menace of fraud and contract inflation as well as going after yams eaters, Nigeria will have lots of monies freed up for capital project. We could borrow say 500 billion or less to suplement whatever we have. Invest in capital project and forget about social benefit for now. Also removing subdidy(its a must) will help free hundreds of billions for projects. I don't think accruing more burden will be of long term good. Think
[/s]

mr TonyeBarcanista or whatever the worst thing i hate from someone is pretending and playing the fast one on people 10 times smarter than you in all ramifications.
remember am the last person you can fool on this pretending stuff of you. don't you think that you can use style to strengthen your useless mistakes or ride on people.
but I'll ask this question, man what do you intend to archive with all this?
don't you have life outside nairaland for Christ sake this is a festive period but you centered your life on nairaland hating trying to fool people that doesn't know you.

I'll remind you dude you're not a new member here neither do i so i think both of us understands our modus operandi very well and just like you know me i don't take it lightly when someone insults my comrades and I swear with my life i drop all this my flexing here and focus on nairaland just because of you to God who made me no moderator will save you from my hand.

btw: quit pretending and giving false reason for your double standard at pdp or friends because you and i knows that it's a white lie I'll advice you to steer clear from that side
Thanks.

cc
passingshot
ngeneukwenu
Beremx
MizMyColi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by bloodykiller: 4:26am On Dec 28, 2015
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't have to sound funny. Respect yourself and maintain your lane. I don't care whether you are pleased or not(I didn't even mention you). I believe you are matured enough to mind yourself.

As for me, I'm to old to be repeating myself. A word should be fine for the sane.
[/s]

I'll advice you tread carefully mr TonyeBarcanista stop insulting my comrades.

i warned you please i guess you don't like it like this when everyone is minding his business and stop feeding people with lies of why you're playing fast and safe one.

be guided dude
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by bloodykiller: 4:48am On Dec 28, 2015
MizColiatu:

I knew it was coming.
Everytime I see helpless/dying people and there's really nothing I can do to help, I become wrecked emotionally, and I get angry when I see people who don't show concern.

I feel weaker right now.

I just got word that Aunt Folake, whom I knew through NL and took care of for a very brief period died on xmas day.

I was able to meditate and get myself to release the negative energies of anger caused by Ngene and co.

But this one?

You see let me tell you there are many injustice on nairaland but i will never complain because my life is not centered on nairaland.

Some of this nairaland wannabe politicians and analysts can never face a multitude of electorates talk more of seeing or having a conference with their governor.

if you must know MizMyColi am a full card carrying member of apga and I got promoted recently... (that one na long story) we're currently running a youth program both offline and social media which am one of the top member and also many influential stuffs. the chief whip Anambra state though naughty and extremely forking rich but na padi me but with 100% respect and loyalty because am still a boy cheesy i spent 40% of this festive time with him in his private resident ( pm me for pics if you want)

and so many, come see conferences and political youth gathering you'll see vibrant youths discussing politics and the way out.
more but you'll can never see me waste my time on nairaland forming rubbish or trying to fool people.

many of us here are aware of this injustice but as big boys we don't complain we move on cheesy

as for TonyeBarcanista you better ignore that nigga, that many of us ignore is accusations and tricks he's playing here trying to smuggle himself back doesn't mean we don't know all his modus operandi.

we just choose to ignore him but he'll be a biggest fool and will shoot himself to death if he attacks you again.

am now watching him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by PassingShot(m): 6:15am On Dec 28, 2015
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]

mr TonyeBarcanista or whatever the worst thing i hate from someone is pretending and playing the fast one on people 10 times smarter than you in all ramifications.
remember am the last person you can fool on this pretending stuff of you. don't you think that you can use style to strengthen your useless mistakes or ride on people.
but I'll ask this question, man what do you intend to archive with all this?
don't you have life outside nairaland for Christ sake this is a festive period but you centered your life on nairaland hating trying to fool people that doesn't know you.

I'll remind you dude you're not a new member here neither do i so i think both of us understands our modus operandi very well and just like you know me i don't take it lightly when someone insults my comrades and I swear with my life i drop all this my flexing here and focus on nairaland just because of you to God who made me no moderator will save you from my hand.

btw: quit pretending and giving false reason for your double standard at pdp or friends because you and i knows that it's a white lie I'll advice you to steer clear from that side
Thanks.

cc
passingshot
ngeneukwenu
Beremx
MizMyColi
Do you need my help?

1 Like

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by chudionu58(f): 7:21am On Dec 28, 2015
Good morning dear nairalanders! It's being quite an educative thread but pursuant of my self appointed task on this forum to continually deflate APCs Lies, deceit and propaganda; I challenge 'passingshot' to come clean on this two facts...
1. "Another key aspect of the budget is theincrease in capital spending. Never in thehistory of Nigeria have we had anythingclose to 30% of the budget earmarked forcapital spending."
Is that for real? It's a shame people who claim to love Nigerians more than themselves, permanently go about deceiving them! it must be noted that the 2013 capital spending was 32.5%
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/2013-budget-we-allocated-over-n950bn-for-national-security-purposes-o-okonjo-iweala/

2."What is mostimportant is the debt burden to GDPratio. The deficit of 2016 budgetrepresents 2.16% of GDP and it takes ourtotal debt profile to 14% of GDP. Bywhatever parameter or school of thoughtone uses to examine it, Nigeria at 14%debt-to-GDP is not in any debt crisis; sheis not even near a crisis at all".
While the above assertion is not incorrect (infact, perfectly in order);But, may we please know the GDP figure Buhari and the APC used, is it the pre rebased or post rebased figures?? I find it hard to believe that you and your deceptive APC told the world that it was a gimmick rebasing our GDP! only to evidently use the same figures!!!! Hypocrisy? No?
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-calls-gdp-rebasing-pr-gimmick/175906/
One would have expected the APC to adjust those figures if they truly believe their mouths!!

Answering those questions will make people like us start to take you serious.Especially coming few months after you deliberately refused to accept certain simple facts about
1.The true state of our refineries,
2. Who was responsible for the turn around maintenance and 3.Improvements in power supply! where your fashola pledged continuity (not change)!

cc: Barcanista, Mizmycoli, IsrealiAirForce etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by PassingShot(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2015
chudionu58:
Good morning dear nairalanders! It's being quite an educative thread but pursuant of my self appointed task on this forum to continually deflate APCs Lies, deceit and propaganda; I challenge 'passingshot' to come clean on this two facts...
1. "Another key aspect of the budget is the increase in capital spending. Never in thehistory of Nigeria have we had anythingclose to 30% of the budget earmarked forcapital spending."
Is that for real? It's a shame people who claim to love Nigerians more than themselves, permanently go about deceiving them! it must be noted that the 2013 capital spending was 32.5%
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/2013-budget-we-allocated-over-n950bn-for-national-security-purposes-o-okonjo-iweala/
You're correct with 32.5% capital spending in 2013 budget. I didn't discover that info when I searched. Perhaps because I used the "largest amount on capital expenditure" to do the searching which returned N1.8tn of 2016 compared to the N1.62 of 2013. The fact that we can still get a 30% capital budget at this time of our eonomy with low crude price is worth praising though.

2."What is mostimportant is the debt burden to GDPratio. The deficit of 2016 budgetrepresents 2.16% of GDP and it takes ourtotal debt profile to 14% of GDP. Bywhatever parameter or school of thoughtone uses to examine it, Nigeria at 14%debt-to-GDP is not in any debt crisis; sheis not even near a crisis at all".
While the above assertion is not incorrect (infact, perfectly in order);But, may we please know the GDP figure Buhari and the APC used, is it the pre rebased or post rebased figures?? I find it hard to believe that you and your deceptive APC told the world that it was a gimmick rebasing our GDP! only to evidently use the same figures!!!! Hypocrisy? No?
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-calls-gdp-rebasing-pr-gimmick/175906/
One would have expected the APC to adjust those figures if they truly believe their mouths!!
This is a funny one from you!

Irrespective of whether anyone criticized the GDP or not, a government cannot work outside the data available to it from the NBS. It is the same data available to the world and there is no way APC or the FG will work with another set of data. Do you seriously expect the govt to just manufacture figures just because it earlier criticized the economy for being "the largest önly on paper"? As we speak, we remain the largest Africa's economy on paper. The state of our nation is an indication that we're not the largets in terms of standard of living, wealth distribution, number of people living below poverty line, mortality rate, security, etc. South Africa is doing better than us in all of those indices and that is what the average man cares to know. And that was the message of APC and the generality of Nigerians.

Answering those questions will make people like us start to take you serious.Especially coming few months after you deliberately refused to accept certain simple facts about
1.The true state of our refineries,
2. Who was responsible for the turn around maintenance and
3.Improvements in power supply! where your fashola pledged continuity (not change)!

cc: Barcanista, Mizmycoli, IsrealiAirForce etc
Whether you accept it or not, this regime will get the credit for making refineries work and for improving power supply if it succeeds in those areas. We're passed the campaign period and the current government will not have the luxury to give excuse for failure after four years. Similarly, PDP will not have any moral grand to claim credit for what did not work under them but now working under APC. It's not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by bloodykiller: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:

Do you need my help?
[/s]

warn TonyeBarcanista angry
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by PassingShot(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2015
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]

warn TonyeBarcanista angry
But he's your comrade nah. Or a trailer has caused a separation of you guys?

1 Like

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by bloodykiller: 8:56am On Dec 28, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:

But he's your comrade nah. Or a trailer has caused a separation of you guys?
[/s]

na you sabi
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:57am On Dec 28, 2015
PassingShot:
grin
Why don't you just read up on zero-budgeting and save us the headache of having to educate you forcefully?

In your mind, zero budgeting means there won't be any budget by the FG. Olodo upon 100! grin

What don't you understand?

Why are you trying so hard to appear intelligent? Why don't you answer the question in context of how it is scheduled in public sector under presidential system of government where the purse and the power to appropriate is dominant with the Legislature?

Zero Base Budgeting in the public sector and the private sector are very different processes let alone where the purse is with different organ of government.
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by chudionu58(f): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2015
@Passing shot, Kudos for accepting your error in the first place; but we all must condemn the APC for calling rebasing of our GDP a gimmick! It is stupid politics that must be condemned by all and shouldn't be painted in any colour different from what it is...

For our age long arguments about refineries and power supply; events of the past few months made us see people like you as either ignorant or very deceptive! otherwise why were our refineries shut since the body language induced functionality! and also why did you argue about the Q1 2016 timeline of commencement of operations we drummed into your skull but that you and your ilks refused to accept! Do you think Nigerians didn't read our arguments and juxtaposed it with reality?
Also, do you think millions of Nigerians aren't aware that APC have made no single investment whatsoever in the power sector nor introduced any policy - apart from their increase in tarrifs - which of course is in the MYTO!

So you think the same Nigerians will give him a thunderous applause? only people like you as expected!
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by Ebukaobi: 10:23am On Dec 28, 2015
bloodykiller:

[s]You see let me tell you there are many injustice on nairaland but i will never complain because my life is not centered on nairaland.

Some of this nairaland wannabe politicians and analysts can never face a multitude of electorates talk more of seeing or having a conference with their governor.

if you must know MizMyColi am a full card carrying member of apga and I got promoted recently... (that one na long story) we're currently running a youth program both offline and social media which am one of the top member and also many influential stuffs. the chief whip Anambra state though naughty and extremely forking rich but na padi me but with 100% respect and loyalty because am still a boy cheesy i spent 40% of this festive time with him in his private resident ( pm me for pics if you want)

and so many, come see conferences and political youth gathering you'll see vibrant youths discussing politics and the way out.
more but you'll can never see me waste my time on nairaland forming rubbish or trying to fool people.

many of us here are aware of this injustice but as big boys we don't complain we move on cheesy

as for TonyeBarcanista you better ignore that nigga, that many of us ignore is accusations and tricks he's playing here trying to smuggle himself back doesn't mean we don't know all his modus operandi.

we just choose to ignore him but he'll be a biggest fool and will shoot himself to death if he attacks you again.

am now watching him

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai Bloodykiller no go kill us oooo

Bloodykiller is the head of youth wing of Apuga grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by Ebukaobi: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2015
MizColiatu:

I knew it was coming.

I feel weaker right now.

But this one?

19. Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.

For the attention of Mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by bloodykiller: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2015
[s]
Ebukaobi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai Bloodykiller no go kill us oooo

Bloodykiller is the head of youth wing of Apuga grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]

get a life man and make yourself useful stop trolling allover nairaland because it ad no value to your life. if you think that you're valuable you don't need nairaland to prove it so quit the childish act of yours because it's already stale and boring.

good day mr man
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by MizColiatu: 11:15am On Dec 28, 2015
This is why I decided to keep shut and just read the opinions on this budget issue from more learned folks on the matter.

I guess 4play hasn't see this thread.

I have to agree with Chidionu58 though, on the second point he raised.

If APC seriously decried the GDP rebasing stats at the time, on what moral and professional ground do they now use it to make budgeting decisions.

Perchance, is this an admittance that they goofed?
Isn't this hypocrisy?
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by TGM2015: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2015
baralatie:

Check it very well!
The fg intends to borrow
1,#900 billion from local market and
2,#900 billion from foreign bodies.
Ok
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by 4Play(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2015
@Passingshot,

I have to say that unlike most posters on here, you are more likely to admit error and that's a laudable attribute as it demonstrates intellectual courage and integrity.

That being said,you still maintain some redoubts of denial aimed at circumnavigating the logical discontinuties in your and APC's present policy positions and previous policy positions. As the previous poster chudionu58 noted, it is simply inexcusable to claim in one breadth that Nigeria's GDP stats as of May 29 2015 were bogus but to now claim that is logical to rationalise today's spending and borrowing plans on what you deem bogus data. If the data is bogus, it is the height of irresponsibility to borrow and spend on the strength of it.

Everyone has forgotten that it was not long ago we were in uproar over the quantum of debt left by GEJ which most Nigerians claimed was irresponsible. GEJ borrowed $21bn in his 5 years in office. The import of this budget is that Nigeria plans to borrow at least close to $10bn in 1 year, almost half of what GEJ borrowed in 5 years. This is justified on the basis of debt-GDP ratio being low when the GDP data has been described as bogus!

Another issue that comes to mind is how anyone can continue to claim that the $20bn loot claimed by Sanusi to have been stolen over 18 months is plausible. PassingShot accepts the goverment's claim that at $38 per barrrel, oil revenues will be 850bn Naira or $4.3bn at the official exchange rate. Extrapolate from that to $100 per barrel and anyone with a basic grasp of numeracy will start to notice that the purported sum of theft is unlikely. This is partly what GEJ in his dim-witted way referred to when he said "America will know."By the way, isn't funny that these sorts of sums, $20bn is 4 trillion Naira, were stolen and no one has been charged? We are all going bananas over the charges made against Dasuki but the actual charge, not the media tittle-tattle, refers to sums significantly smaller. Sahara Reporters claimed $10bn was used for the elections, that's close to 2 trillion Naira. How come no one has been charged for anything remotely close to those amounts?

Finally, a lot of attention has been focused on the probability of the oil estimate of $38 per barrel being met. FG revenues are projected at 3.8 trillion Naira in 2016, an average of 316bn Naira a month. What is not noted that it is unlikely the non-oil revenue estimates and the total revenue estimates will be met. Simply look at current revenues today, the FG received 139bn Naira in the last FAAC allocation based on an oil price of $49.5. See below:

Giving the breakdown, Adeosun said the Federal Government received N139.5billion, [/b]representing 52.68 per cent; states, N70.7billion, representing 26.72 per cent.

She said that the local governments received N54.5billion, amounting to 20.60 per cent of the amount distributed.

The minister further said that N25.6billion representing 13 per cent derivation revenue was shared among the oil producing states.

Adeosun said the country generated N198.5billion as mineral revenue and N98.8billion as non-mineral revenue.

“Also, there was revenue loss of $19.4million as a result of drop in federation export, even though the average price of crude oil increased from $46.9 per barrel in September to[b] $49.5 per barrel in October’’.
http://leadership.ng/news/485842/faac-fg-states-lgs-share-n369bn-november. Please note that the monthly allocation are based on the previous month's revenue.

The previous month was 191bn Naira for the FG at $46.9 per barrel, so it was largely due to non-oil revenue -http://www.news24.com.ng/Politics/News/fg-states-lgs-share-n4738bn-for-october-20151128.
Giving the breakdown of revenue among the three tiers of government, Adeosun said the Federal Government received N191.9 billion, representing 52.68 per cent; states, N97.3 billion, representing 26.72 per cent. . . . . . "Also, there was revenue loss of 1.3 billion dollars as a result of drop in average price of crude oil from 47.3 per barrel to 46.9 per barrel in Sept. 2015", she said.

And before that 151.3bn: https://www.nairaland.com/2697931/faac-fg-states-lgs-share#39470160.

So you can see from the above that FG revenue under Buhari has not gone beyond 200bn Naira per month at a time oil sells close to $50 per barrel. Hence the likelihood that the FG will raise 3.8 trillion in 2016, averaging 316bn Naira monthly and at $38 per barrel, from mainly revenue collection alone is far-fetched to put it mildly.

I will do a separate thread for the above as it is easier to discuss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by MizColiatu: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2015
The fact that we can still get a 30% capital budget at this time of our eonomy with low crude price is worth praising though.

Yeah, @Passingshot
But, you pointed out earlier that crude amounts for very little in terms of revenue generation for the 2016 fiscal year.

Also, a major source of concern here is the checks and balances govt has put in place to ensure a near 100% tax and revenue remittance/compliance.

It is equally worrying that government intends to borrow 6billion or there about daily to fund the budget.
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by PassingShot(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
4Play:
@Passingshot,
I have to say that unlike most posters on here, you are more likely to admit error and that's a laudable attribute as it demonstrates intellectual courage and integrity.

That being said,you still maintain some redoubts of denial aimed at circumnavigating the logical discontinuties in your and APC's present policy positions and previous policy positions. As the previous poster chudionu58 noted, it is simply inexcusable to claim in one breadth that Nigeria's GDP stats as of May 29 2015 were bogus but to now claim that is logical to rationalise today's spending and borrowing plans on what you deem bogus data. If the data is bogus, it is the height of irresponsibility to borrow and spend on the strength of it.
I can't remember anyone disputing figures but I remember saying that the figures did not represent the realities. The difference is that, when our economy was rebased, it expectedly painted rosy picture which was different from facts on the ground. As I said in my earlier reply to Chudionu58, the common Nigerians are concerned about security, employment, poverty level, literacy level and all what have you. So, if a govt found it convenient to ignore these indices and hype the "biggest economy" appelation, the opposition and the generality of Nigeriann are right to say "shove it down your throat. We're not buying it as long as the indices that mattere are not positive outlook".

Everyone has forgotten that it was not long ago we were in uproar over the quantum of debt left by GEJ which most Nigerians claimed was irresponsible. GEJ borrowed $21bn in his 5 years in office. The import of this budget is that Nigeria plans to borrow at least close to $10bn in 1 year, almost half of what GEJ borrowed in 5 years. This is justified on the basis of debt-GDP ratio being low when the GDP data has been described as bogus!
Partisanship apart, would you say Nigeria needed to borrow in the five years of GEJ given what we earned? That is the difference between the uproar that greeted his borrowing and the lack of such uproar now. Nigeria could have survived without borrowing between 2011 and 2014 whereas we cannot live without borrowing at the moment.

Another issue that comes to mind is how anyone can continue to claim that the $20bn loot claimed by Sanusi to have been stolen over 18 months is plausible. PassingShot accepts the goverment's claim that at $38 per barrrel, oil revenues will be 850bn Naira or $4.3bn at the official exchange rate. Extrapolate from that to $100 per barrel and anyone with a basic grasp of numeracy will start to notice that the purported sum of theft is unlikely. This is partly what GEJ in his dim-witted way referred to when he said "America will know."By the way, isn't funny that these sorts of sums, $20bn is 4 trillion Naira, were stolen and no one has been charged? We are all going bananas over the charges made against Dasuki but the actual charge, not the media tittle-tattle, refers to sums significantly smaller. Sahara Reporters claimed $10bn was used for the elections, that's close to 2 trillion Naira. How come no one has been charged for anything remotely close to those amounts?
I don't have a doubt that people will be charged and we've started witnessing it already. Diezanni's absence from the country may have contributed to a kind of doldrum in NNPC's investigation. I am equally aware that PMB's govt hired one of the international audit firm to audit NNPC, FIRS, Customs and others around Aug/Sept. Once the audit firm turns in its report, we will surely hear of more charges. This should not bother you at all. Let PMB and his team handle the probing as they deem fit. It is a core part in his campaign promises and how he fares at the end of the four year is what matters. Not in the first one year.

Finally, a lot of attention has been focused on the probability of the oil estimate of $38 per barrel being met. FG revenues are projected at 3.8 trillion Naira in 2016, an average of 316bn Naira a month. What is not noted that it is unlikely the non-oil revenue estimates and the total revenue estimates will be met. Simply look at current revenues today, the FG received 139bn Naira in the last FAAC allocation based on an oil price of $49.5. See below:

http://leadership.ng/news/485842/faac-fg-states-lgs-share-n369bn-november. Please note that the monthly allocation are based on the previous month's revenue.

The previous month was 191bn Naira for the FG at $46.9 per barrel, so it was largely due to non-oil revenue -http://www.news24.com.ng/Politics/News/fg-states-lgs-share-n4738bn-for-october-20151128.

And before that 151.3bn: https://www.nairaland.com/2697931/faac-fg-states-lgs-share#39470160.

So you can see from the above that FG revenue under Buhari has not gone beyond 200bn Naira per month at a time oil sells close to $50 per barrel. Hence the likelihood that the FG will raise 3.8 trillion in 2016, averaging 316bn Naira monthly and at $38 per barrel, from mainly revenue collection alone is far-fetched to put it mildly.

I will do a separate thread for the above as it is easier to discuss.
Budgets are estimates and I am sure you know they're not cast in stone. For argument sake, if non-oil revenue projections are not met, I won't expect deviations to be too far away from targets. And no budget, no matter how deligent the brains behind it were, will achieve 100% target at the end of the day. If we achieve anything near 70% performance with the 2016 budget, it will have performed well.

A bit busy at work now. Will reply your subsequent reply later.
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by PassingShot(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
MizColiatu:
This is why I decided to keep shut and just read the opinions on this budget issue from more learned folks on the matter.

I guess 4play hasn't see this thread.

I have to agree with Chidionu58 though, on the second point he raised.

If APC seriously decried the GDP rebasing stats at the time, on what moral and professional ground do they now use it to make budgeting decisions.

Perchance, is this an admittance that they goofed?
Isn't this hypocrisy?
Read my response to 4Play.

And if APC didn't like or agree with the stats of NBS, which ones will it have used?

It's not a case of morality or professionalism. It's a case of having no choice when one's hands are tied.

1 Like

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by Rad1cal: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Read my response to 4Play.

And if APC didn't like or agree with the stats of NBS, which ones will it have used?

It's not a case of morality or professionalism. It's a case of having no choice when one's hands are tied.

Your hypocrisy knows no bound. -
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by TGM2015: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
@baralatie and TonyeBarcanista

I promise to get back, unfortunately the folder has been cleared. Thank you.
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
TGM2015:
@baralatie and TonyeBarcanista

I promise to get back, unfortunately the folder has been cleared. Thank you.
Notes Sir

1 Like

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Woman, if you want to attack my person be bold enough to do it directly(though I will ignore). Using indirect means doesn't tell good of your person.

My disagreement with you came because I refused to support Saraki and other PDP thieves facing trial. I left the SCN for you guys yet you won't mind your lane.

I'm not a sycophant and not a political jobber seeking patronage from any corrupt personality. I play politics according to my conscience dictates with the interest of Nigeria and my conscience as the motivator. I have a reputation beyond Nairaland to protect, and I have proved critics several times that Nigeria comes first for me.

I will advice that you face your lane and respect yourself. If however you choose otherwise, I will ignore you. Using indirect means doesn't tell good of you.

For the record, I DON'T seek your patronage.

[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=41396374]

[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=41396374]
Woman, if you want to attack my person be bold enough to do it directly(though I will ignore). Using indirect means doesn't tell good of your person.

My disagreement with you came because I refused to support Saraki and other PDP thieves facing trial. I left the SCN for you guys yet you won't mind your lane.

I'm not a sycophant and not a political jobber seeking patronage from any corrupt personality. I play politics according to my conscience dictates with the interest of Nigeria and my conscience as the motivator. I have a reputation beyond Nairaland to protect, and I have proved critics several times that Nigeria comes first for me.

I will advice that you face your lane and respect yourself. If however you choose otherwise, I will ignore you. Using indirect means doesn't tell good of you.

For the record, I DON'T seek your patronage.

Çc: Passingshot and Truckpusher please take note!

1)I simply decided to cut my sabbatical just for today to warn you...Who do you think you can deceive?...How smart do you think you're?...

2)Why not insult Mizmycoli directly than getting on issues that has no bearing on the discussion at hand in this thread...or is your shadow pushing you already

3)Don't ever try ditching the truth to make us look bad again publicly or I will come for you, either my tribe or SCN(though not a member)...Remember, I am an insider wink ...Firefire warn him Sir...

4)Why not open a thread to warn her or blackmail her? What has Truckpusher or Passingshot got with this issue? Why copy them?...I watched you last time in silence blackmail Dearpreye using same tactics...

5)I see you trying to soak into Ngeneukwenu & co nowadays... I thought you vowed always ignore them here?...What happened? Plotting on how to move in again with them now?...smh...You think Biafra agitation provided a window for you to jump in with them again; hence you're providing threads to support them?...gringringrin Maybe you need to check the dictionary meaning of sycophancy and political jobbers again since you have reputation to protect...

6)Don't insult me or my own people and enjoy your peace...Flaunt this and we naked ourselves here...

Thanks and happy new year broda...My best wishes as always but truth must always prevail in our dealings...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by LadyExcellency: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Whynotthetruth:
1)I simply decided to cut my sabbatical just for today to warn you...Who do you think you can deceive?...How smart do you think you're?...

2)Why not insult Mizmycoli directly than getting on issues that has no bearing on the discussion at hand in this thread...or is your shadow pushing you already

3)Don't ever try ditching the truth to make us look bad again publicly or I will come for you, either my tribe or SCN(though not a member)...Remember, I am an insider ...Firefire warn him Sir...

4)Why not open a thread to warn her or blackmail her? What has Truckpusher or Passingshot got with this issue? Why copy them?...I watched you last time in silence blackmail Dearpreye using same tactics...

5)I see you trying to soak into Ngeneukwenu & co nowadays... I thought you vowed always ignore them here?...What happened? Plotting on how to move in again with them now?...smh...You think Biafra agitation provided a window for you to jump in with them again; hence you're providing threads to support them?... Maybe you need to check the dictionary meaning of sycophancy and political jobbers again since you have reputation to protect...

6)Don't insult me or my own people and enjoy your peace...Flaunt this and we Unclad ourselves here...

Thanks and happy new year broda...My best wishes as always but truth must always prevail in our dealings...

Booked for reference purposes.

I am aware he attended the last National Youth PDP meeting and he was promised a role in rebranding the party and some commensurate benefits.

But I still don't know what went wrong along the line. May be I need to ask Joe for details.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by abduljabbar4(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
Seun, lalasticlala.

This one makes sense
Re: 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Booked for reference purposes.

I am aware he attended the last National Youth PDP meeting and he was promised a role in rebranding the party and some commensurate benefits.

But I still don't know what went wrong along the line. May be I need to ask Joe for details.

If barcanista kind of persons are the people leading PDP rebranding then PDP is far better off the way it is presently##fact##...Ever imagined the outcome of getting HIV virus to inject into a cancer patient hoping that the new virus decimates the other virus? cheesy Surely, grave is the final destination :-/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. / Photo: Atiku, Buhari At Okorocha’s Daughter’s Wedding / Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.