Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. (8433 Views)

Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / 12 Types Of People You Will Meet On Election Day / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by virtual78: 8:39am On Mar 25, 2011
Hi peeps, maybe I was sleeping in the car this morning, but I thought I heard a yoruba radio presenter saying that the IGP Hafiz Ringim Rigging grin has announced that people should not bring their mobile phones or camera's to the polling centre on Election Day shocked !!!!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by friedrice1: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2011
let's assume it was your dream,
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:50am On Mar 25, 2011
IT IS NO DREAM. I ALSO HEARD IT THIS MORNING.
ITS JUST ANOTHER STRTEGY TO RIG THE ELECTIONS AT ALL COST.
NA WA O! . . . BUT I STRONGLY BELIEVE IT WILL NOT WORK
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2011
Heard it too. Ringim is a dreamer and a not so smart fellow (my own words)this my phone is already there. Heard him yesterday on network news I was stunned. Let them arrest me for taking my phone arrant nonsense. He better wake up from his slumber
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by PeeDaVinci: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2011
Chei, look at the one who is supposed to be canvassing for the use of video technology to minimize rigging!!! Nigerians, wake up, PDP has perfected plans to rig the election, and we must not give them the chance.

such a pity
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by efisher(m): 9:13am On Mar 25, 2011
This is the perfect recipe for violence. Very ridiculous.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 25, 2011
April polls: Soyinka slams IGP over use of cell phones

Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, on Thursday, slammed the Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, over his directive that Nigerians should not take pictures with their cell phones and cameras during the forthcoming April polls.

He expressed his displeasure with the directive during the official presentation of an online media platform, reclaimnija.net, held at the Golden Tulip Hotels, Festac in Amuwo-Odofin area of Lagos State.

Describing the IGP’s directive as “nonsense and illegal,” Soyinka said there was nothing wrong for citizens to monitor and record voting process with their cell phones and cameras.

However, he called on Nigerians to disregard the IGP’s directive by not only staying back, but to also record voting, counting and announcement of the results.

Soyinka, who was visibly embarrassed by the IGP’s directive, said that the order was tantamount to misdirection.

He said: “I wonder how the IGP expects the citizens to have adequate knowledge as well as exempt the INEC of any complicity.

“It is stupidity of the security agents to ban Nigerians from taking their cell phones and cameras to polling booths. If they do not go with it to polling booths, how will they monitor electoral misconducts? People should ignore it because it is contrary to electoral act. Police always confuse Nigerians just to suit their paymasters.”
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/19481-april-polls-soyinka-slams-igp-over-use-of-cell-phones
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 25, 2011
virtual78:

Hi peeps, maybe I was sleeping in the car this morning, but I thought I heard a yoruba radio presenter saying that the IGP Hafiz Ringim Rigging grin has announced that people should not bring their mobile phones or camera's to the polling centre on Election Day shocked !!!!
ALMUSTAQIM:

IT IS NO DREAM. I ALSO HEARD IT THIS MORNING.
ITS JUST ANOTHER STRTEGY TO RIG THE ELECTIONS AT ALL COST.
NA WA O! . . . BUT I STRONGLY BELIEVE IT WILL NOT WORK
aisha2:

Heard it too. Ringim is a dreamer and a not so smart fellow (my own words)this my phone is already there. Heard him yesterday on network news I was stunned. Let them arrest me for taking my phone arrant nonsense. He better wake up from his slumber

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay, Now I want to assume that i am the one dreaming (nightmaring) and am gonna pinch myself.

Ringim is a bloody bastard and should be executed if he even suggests that!!.

Buhari should come quick and rid us of these monsters
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Bintus2much(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2011
@AISHA 2, if a post like this has been posted and and someone posts something exactly i think as administrator or moderator of this session you should delete the other so we dont have the same post everywhere. So perhaps delete other posts as same as this. My Opinion Anyway.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2011
Bintus2much:

@AISHA 2, if a post like this has been posted and and someone posts something exactly i think as administrator or moderator of this session you should delete the other so we dont have the same post everywhere. So perhaps delete other posts as same as this. My Opinion Anyway.
I do not understand. this topic was posted first, you posted a similar one, we can not have two topics on the same issue, even if you have more details you are meant to post them under the the topic that came first
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by homerac7: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2011
Ds is professional irresponsibility. Police IG of all persons should know better. But y am i not suprised? Afterall its d NIGERIA POLICE, where everything is turned upside down. Illiterates in uniforms.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Pataki: 9:35am On Mar 25, 2011
This is the most ridiculous news ever.

PDP is really getting desperate over this election. Well let us see how many people they can stop from using their mobile phones as recording devices.

The voice of the people is the voice of change. And how many Nigerians are you going to arrest for the use of mobile phones and camera in public places during the election.

What a daft inspector general of police. Your resignation letter is on the way!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by tunnytox(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2011
pdp!!!! rigging!!!!!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Bintus2much(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2011
aisha2:

I do not understand. this topic was posted first, you posted a similar one, we can not have two topics on the same issue, even if you have more details you are meant to post them under the the topic that came first

Please get me correctly. I said if a post like this one we commenting on has been posted and something similar comes up, the one that comes after should be deleted if they are addressing the same issue. am not arguing with you to delete this and keep mine. Just saying so that all comments can be channeled to one post instead of having comments scattered around in different posts of the same nature.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by baksonlee: 9:39am On Mar 25, 2011
This man should be sacked asap
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2011
Let the rigging begin
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Knight1(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2011
What was the reason he gave for that?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2011
Bintus2much:

Please get me correctly. I said if a post like this one we commenting on has been posted and something similar comes up, the one that comes after should be deleted if they are addressing the same issue. am not arguing with you to delete this and keep mine. Just saying so that all comments can be channeled to one post instead of having comments scattered around in different posts of the same nature.
ok
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by honeric01(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2011
Is this man okay at all?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2011
honeric01:

Is this man okay at all?
I seriously doubt he is
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by efisher(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2011
Any reason he gives will be crap. The mobile phones and cameras will promote transparency. Also, will provide enough evidence to support post election court cases. What about security, prompt report of cases etc. Moreover, citizens have right to their phones. The IG is just talking trash. Damn!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by reckless: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2011
Ringim is a fool. Is he telling Nigerians to go back to his era and divorce technological advancement? He should be taken to the Zoo to meet his likes cos that's where people like him belongs.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by na2day(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2011
I really cry for my country,
It's a. sign of things to come!
Rigging under state sanction.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by honeric01(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2011
aisha2:

I seriously doubt he is

I feel like breaking that man's head.

Infact i want to go and buy a new phone which has like 8.0MP camera.

If i see that man angry
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 25, 2011
honeric01:

If i see that man angry
My brother the word i have for that man cannot be posted on nairaland. Hmmmm, so many words, hmmm
Infact am carrying 3 phones der
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 25, 2011
honeric01:

If i see that man angry
Get the sony ericsson idou, 12mp grin
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2011
Infact he is a not so sane man
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 25, 2011
Too much talk, pls how do we resolve this. There is no way, I would be going with my phones, if d IGP insists on this. Don't want Nigeria police palava. Infact, unless ds silly directive is reversed, no voting for me.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by honeric01(m): 10:35am On Mar 25, 2011
aisha2:

My brother the word i have for that man cannot be posted on nairaland. Hmmmm, so many words, hmmm
Infact am carrying 3 phones der

I am just angry here, these people think we are fools ehh?

Before going to vote, i am going to listen to this for like 20 times.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-631090.0.html
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2011
blink182:

Get the sony ericsson idou, 12mp grin

Ok, but what about you?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Abali1(m): 10:41am On Mar 25, 2011
Why am I not suprised. Last week or so the commissioner of police in Rivers state also told the voting public not to stay back after they cast their votes, irrespective of the INEC directive.
Today we hearing that the IGP is ordering people not to come to the polling stations with their cell phones.
Just this week I was discussing with an INEC supervisor, and he was giving me details of how rigging is being carried out in different polling units across the country. After the narratives I asked him how much he gets paid for assisting(cos he told me that whether he co-operates or not rigging will still take place) he mentioned something like 15000, that is at the ward level. Also sometime ago a friend told me he gets paid like 50000 for helping thumb print stolen ballot boxes. Poverty is the root cause I blame for those that help PDP in rigging.

If BB must win this particular election, Nigerian must not anly be ready to cast their vote, but also to defend the votes by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
If we are not ready to defend our votes, please their is no need for anyone to shout that PDP have rigged again. Just like The comrade governor said, YOU RIG YOU DIE. angry angry angry
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by honeric01(m): 10:51am On Mar 25, 2011
I am going with my phone, lets see how many people they are going to arrest!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets / Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill / Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.