Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,139 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? (1241 Views)

Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life / Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. / How To Make #30K Every Week On Virtual Football Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
I love football and I love gambling on football but the more I bet on it, the more it feels like it is just bingo, it is all a game of luck. To me football betting seems no different to poker. In poker AK off suit is 64% chance to beat QJ off suit. The fair odds are 1.56. You would think "I will have a bit of that", but what will happen is just purely down to chance. Football betting on paper looks so simple, you see a team that is a far better team on paper and they may be in decent form, but come the game it is just like that poker hand, any result can happen. There is no logic to it.
Take PSG in midweek at Evian. Evian had lost 4-0 and 2-0 in their previous two games, PSG had taken 32 points from their previous 12 away league games and yet lose 2-0. There are so many results that just do not make sense in football. I would love to find a solution in order to find what sort of games provide the most reliable way of finding winners - i.e. is it: betting on teams in great form, betting against teams in bad form, betting on teams with good head to head records against their opponent, betting on teams who are very strong at home, betting against teams who are weak away, betting on teams who score lots of goals, etc. but having researched all these types of games there is no one type of fixture that beats the odds from what I looked at. People do some brilliant analysis on games here but still it is
pointless because the game can end up in any result. On the forum this week I have read people say Benfica would beat Arouca even with their youth team, but it ended up a draw. I saw people tip Zwolle and they lose 4-1. I see people say Man Utd will for sure beat Newcastle, Newcastle win. I know we all love football betting and we try to use our football knowledge to beat the bookies but it just seems a game of chance and as much as you think on paper a team should definitely win, in reality it is simply a game of chance and the odds are very accurately set on just how likely you will win.
I just think a lot of people (me included) see football betting as a skill but it is in fact just luck.
Do you agree or disagree with me?
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by Luizkid(m): 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
100% my guy, I've even lost interest in the whole ish, just imagine me double chancing man u against Norwich just to b on d safe side, yet they lost...

2 Likes

Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by obasiken: 1:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Mehn my ticket don cut tire. Now i understand why they say in the end, the House always wins.
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by iykepromotions: 7:26am On Dec 28, 2015
The best solution is to quit. gambling is never one of the ways to make lasting money. the house {gambling house} always wins
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 28, 2015
iykepromotions:
The best solution is to quit. gambling is never one of the ways to make lasting money. the house {gambling house} always wins
Iykepromotions my man. I've been following you but the question I wanted to ask is how do you know an expired domain from a new one and where can one cos if you say godaddy. Com, first the price is usually like 9.9$ but on getting to Order price turns to 1,856$. M lagging behind seriously
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2015
for me I Don loose close to 130k punting, punting is just a waste of time and resources
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by pesty100(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2015
Betting is purely chance nothing more notjing less
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by Lordtrillion(m): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2015
Lol. Gambling is a Circle of bondage with only a starting point & no ending point. As humans, we always wanna go higher so even if you win 100mil in Gambling today, there's a high probability you will restake @ least half of that money if not all to win more.

Since I left Gambling 2 years ago, I've been living a stable life unlike back then when I was living a very unstable life & always refreshing Livescore.com like my life depended on it. Such a crazy experience.
Bro, I use GOD take beg u, Run as far as u can from Gambling. Its better late than never. You can always recover all you've lost in a matter of time. Football betting looks so easy to win in thoughts & very very easy to lose in reality. Its a pointless game of chance like you said where the bookie has a 2/3 chance of winning while the bettor has 1/3. The common phrase that you keep hearing is
"Baba, na just 1 game cut my bet". Had e been I know I for no bet say Arsenal go win, etc.

1 Like

Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by iykepromotions: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
JBETS:
Iykepromotions my man. I've been following you but the question I wanted to ask is how do you know an expired domain from a new one and where can one cos if you say godaddy. Com, first the price is usually like 9.9$ but on getting to Order price turns to 1,856$. M lagging behind seriously
oh there must be some serious mixup somewhere. the highest you can pay for a new domain registration is $13 and with a promo code you can get it for as low as N550, let me not derail this thread visit this link if you're really serious about making genuine money online. I know it will surely help so far you can follow instructions; www.Nairaland.Com/2540836/what-make-money-online
Regards
Re: Is Football Betting Just A Pointless Game Of Chance? by kalufelix(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2015
Gamble, the sure way of getting nothing for something. But hey.. a man has got to excite his adrenaline once in a while.

If you can't quit try and manage it

NO PLAY PASS YOURSELF...

(1) (Reply)

Konga.com Is So Annoying. / Quality American Fence Wire / I Am Interested In Indomie Distributorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.