Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? (1129 Views)

hh / Nigeria A Failed Nation With Corrupt Minded Citizens / Nigeria Not A Failed Nation; Nigeria’s Leaders Have Failed The Nation-Jomo Gbomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2009
A nation where the people have to provide their own roads , their own light their own jobs their own security , i mean a nation where nothing works is a failed nation right ? like nigeria ?
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by sweetpain: 11:40am On Jun 11, 2009
Na today? Where you dey since we dey talk?
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by REALTRUTH1: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2009
This one na stale news,,however,, somethings still works real good in naija like corruption unlimited and Religiuos activities,,
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by biola44: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2009
not yet, grin
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by REALTRUTH1: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2009
biola44:

not yet, grin
Ok you mean almost
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by Bariga1(f): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2009
My humble opinion is that Nigeria either needs a revolution (we start all over again because we have missed the plot this time), a set of conscientious young military boys who will kill all those past leaders and imbibe fear of breaking the law into Nigerians (they must be people who are ready to kill their own family if that is what it takes) or the colonial masters comes back and rule us again. It might sound crude!!!! But it is the truth, we are not ready for DEMOCRACY YET, people see it as an easy way to make money.

Within the last ten years, has things become better or worse for the common man? Nigerians are currently hoping against hope that God will change things and the churches are helping them pander to such madness.

Why is it that when Nigerians come over here in London, they are able to build their career and contribute to the economy? What happened to the former EFCC Chairman that was fingering thieves in high places? Do you think that people get to power because of their intellect and ability to rule? Na yam to become president for Nigeria? What happened to the lady of dignity who came to take the post of finance minister?

Regardless of who is president, the problem will still continue because the few people ruling the country have created a structure for themselves which first needs to be broken down before the country can move forward.

Ten years time we will still be talking no action if none of my recommendations are taken on board.

I rest my case!!!!
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by Bariga1(f): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2009
I will rather people speak about solutions than the problems tongue
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2009
Nigeria is a not a failed nation, but Nigerians are the failed ones.
However, hope is not lost yet, we just have to find a way to get rid of all this "clowns" called leaders.
refocus and have things done differently with people that really ave genuine love for that nation called Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? / So Michelle Obama's Ancestry Is White! Is That What Matters? / Nigerian Appointed Into Un Group Against Global Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.