Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? (1126 Views)

The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent / A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / Nigerians Abroad Remit $10bn Home In 2009 - World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by OneNaija(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
Worst or Better since Fashola took over. We are waiting to hear.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
how's the crime rate in your own state?
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by OneNaija(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2009
You African love Answer Question with Question. Well I am currently not in Nigeria. So please if you cant Answer the Question better leave it. Next
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2009
I've heard the crime rate has gone down, but it's hard to put any numbers on it when our useless police are too busy looking for N20 to collate crime statistics.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Jakumo(m): 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2009
The crime rate in Nigeria escalates DRAMATICALLY between September and mid January every year, as armed robbery gangs intensify their efforts to acquire as much money as possible, to better celebrate the yuletide season of good will to all men, or at least to those men who cooperate with that annual asset re-allocation exercise, by being generous in their Christmas contributions.

May I wish a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year in advance to one and all, but if you live in Nigeria, be advised that your holiday spirit and butt are more likely to remain intact IF you stay OFF the highways till at least the tenth day of next year.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
What are the yardstick on measuring crime rates in Nigeria?
is it based on the locations and the people?
people just talk based on the areas where they resides, the crime rate in Lagos cant go down, till there are jobs for people, and people moves from all areas of Nigeria daily to Lagos, and that increases the unemployment.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2009
OneNaija:

You African love Answer Question with Question. Well I am currently not in Nigeria. So please if you cant Answer the Question better leave it. Next

if you're currently not in Nigeria and cant answer basic questions abuot your own state then what concerns you with Lagos?
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by AloyEmeka6: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
tpia.:

if you're currently not in Nigeria and cant answer basic questions abuot your own state then what concerns you with Lagos?

Are Nigerians no more qualified to comment on the state of their own country unless the person is from that state?. If someone is living in Lagos, shouldn't he or she be concerned with the state of affairs in the neighborhood?. If that is the case, we should all keep quiet about  events in Nigeria unless we are talking about our own state. Tribalism is a disease.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Are Nigerians no more qualified to comment on the state of their own country unless the person is from that state?. If someone is living in Lagos, shouldn't he or she be concerned with the state of affairs in the neighborhood?. If that is the case, we should all keep quiet about  events in Nigeria unless we are talking about our own state. [size=18pt]Tribalism is a disease[/size].

Eats too bad into the bones
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Are Nigerians no more qualified to comment on the state of their own country unless the person is from that state?. If someone is living in Lagos, shouldn't he or she be concerned with the state of affairs in the neighborhood?. If that is the case, we should all keep quiet about  events in Nigeria unless we are talking about our own state. Tribalism is a disease.

Don't mind tpia, though sometimes she makes sense, but then spoil the whole thing with market-women logic! grin

tpia.:

Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by lannre(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2009
Believe me its fair, the security is not perfect(no perfect security anywhere) But as much as I do criticise Fashola for displacing poor masses without any hope . He really tried in that aspect. I was driving between 2am and 4am and wondering where all this police are going ,patrolling at least between 4 to five kilometers from Agbado to Ogba you will see their  Patrol vehicles. Its a plus.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Are Nigerians no more qualified to comment on the state of their own country unless the person is from that state?. If someone is living in Lagos, shouldn't he or she be concerned with the state of affairs in the neighborhood?. If that is the case, we should all keep quiet about events in Nigeria unless we are talking about our own state. Tribalism is a disease.

If you dont live in in Lagos, then stop concerning yourself with what's going on in Lagos.

Check the crime rate in your own state if you're looking for somewhere to badmouth.

Of course we all know criminals and armed robbers will consider Lagos a prime market oh!

Face your side abeg.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Eats too bad into the bones

good luck with your mentality.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by OneNaija(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
@tpia. You are a fish, Agreed with that. I am born Lagosian despite I dont live there. Lagos nur be your papa land. Lagos nur go put food for the table for you. Better wake up. I just want to know Because I see Fashola doing a great job that is why I am asking.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
OneNaija:

@tpia. You are a fish, Agreed with that. I am born Lagosian despite I dont live there. Lagos nur be your papa land. Lagos nur go put food for the table for you. Better wake up. I just want to know Because I see Fashola doing a great job that is why I am asking.

and you are a blathering idiot.

Born lagosian for where? Is Lagos your own papa land or are you lost?

Double mouth like you come dey ask stupid question as if people dont know your useless agenda.

mamy wata may be in your family, hence your familiarity with it.

ode.
Re: Lagosian: How Is The Crime Rate In Lagos In 2009? by citoyen: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2009
Just a question from someone (me) who knows NOTHING first-hand about Nigeria: is it true what I'm hearing and reading more and more that the rapidly-growing industry of on-line scams (the ones in which the so-called heir of a so-called rich family begs for YOUR financial help to cash in his so-called jackpot, ) originate from Nigeria?

NOT judging, just WONDERING,

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Oldest Man On Earth / Proof That Osama Bin Laden Is Dead! / The Plans For Water Transport In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.