Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad (2086 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by dorox(m): 11:27am On Nov 20, 2013
cold: Oops! I just saw a comment by bawomolo & discovered something wasn't right that was when i looked at the date..sigh
What happened to bawomolo?
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by dorox(m): 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Most Nigerians see religion as a means to an end, the juju that assists them in getting whatever it is they desire irrespective of the means by which it was obtained, be it ethical or not. Such people do not care if an action is inherently right or wrong as long as it works for them. When they get to a society that enjoys a relatively far higher level of peace, security and prosperity, they begin to see that God is not needed for them to travel safely, put food on their table or get a world class medical care only available to senators back home.
But for those who see religion as a way of life that establishes a relationship with their God both in good times and bad times and not as a means to bribe God in other to win material favor, getting to Europe would have very little impact on their faith

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by cold(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
dorox:
What happened to bawomolo?
He crossed the great divide in the most horrible circumstance
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
cold:
He crossed the great divide in the most horrible circumstance

I know he kicked the bucked but was it horrible shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

I know he kicked the bucked but was it horrible shocked shocked shocked

He was shot if I remember correctly
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

aww. cry
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians ´´Born Again´´ Get Backslided When They Travel Abroad by dorox(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

It's so sad to hear that he is dead. I hope whoever shot him was brought to justice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fool Says There Is No God – Na Me Talk Am! / You Want A Happy Marriage Then Read: / Popular US Black Prophet Quotes Witch Cheryl Lynn Word For Word For Prophesy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.