Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku (16681 Views)

Sani Warns El-rufai To Stop ‘eyeing’ Buhari’s Seat. / Photo: Channels' TV Live Poll: Over 75% Of Nigerians Approve Of Buhari's Job / Nairaland Poll Validates NOI Polls On Pres Buhari's Job Approval Rating (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by drss(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2015
Former Vice President and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Atiku Abubakar, has advised mischief makers to allow him enjoy his peace by desisting from sinister propaganda designed to draw a wedge between him and President Muhammadu Buhari and cause needless distrust and distractions in the President’s government, insisting that he is not eyeing the presidency.

Reacting to insinuations by what he called “political mischief makers and enemies of unity,” who alleged that he has been hosting political meetings at Burj Al-Arab, Dubai, the former Vice President said contrary to rumours being bandied around by political opponents, he is currently in Dubai with his family for physiotherapy on his injured knee.

A statement released by his media office in Abuja yesterday, and signed by his media adviser, Mazi Paul Ibe, stated that the former Vice President was embarrassed by the deliberate falsehood being spread against him by political opponents who are bent on causing distraction for President Buhari at a time all energies should be channelled into helping the President actualise his change agenda.

Describing the rumour mongers as “ill-motivated busybodies that don’t wish the country well,” the Turaki Adamawa explained that his medical treatment is his private affair which should not be politicised by anybody to achieve sinister objectives.”

Abubakar said he is entitled to enjoy his private life, including the right to attend to his health without being harassed and lied against by political opponents.

The former Vice President said the success of the Buhari administration has been his preoccupation, and that any true APC member should have the same zeal.

According to him, rumour mongers that seek to cause distrust and distraction in Buhari’s government do not mean well for the APC administration.

The former Vice President added that with the challenges of providing good governance for the country and creating job opportunities for Nigerians, including reducing the impact of poverty, President Buhari needs all the goodwill and support in this endeavour.

“Whether at home or abroad, the Turaki is preoccupied with his unassailable support for President Buhari and his administration, especially in this critical time, as it works assiduously to turn the fortunes of our dear country around and make Nigeria work for the greater good of Nigerians.”

According to Atiku, rumour mongers and mischief makers are toxic to the progress of the APC and the country at large, adding that political campaigns are gone, and therefore, all energies should be constructively devoted to the success of the Buhari administration.

“This is yet another plot of the enemies of our country and democracy, to divide, divert attention and distract the APC in its avowed commitment to secure the country, provide jobs for the mass of unemployed youths, build needed critical infrastructure, enthrone a regime of probity and accountability and pull the country out of the economic woods it has been consigned to by locust years of mismanagement.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/im-not-eyeing-buharis-job-says-atiku/
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by INTROVERT(f): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Atiku has always eyed the president's job, however one of his biggest mistakes was leaving ACN... barring that, the union of ACN and CPC would have made him a better candidate than the daura General.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by mccoy47(m): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
sauce

Egg Stew.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Segadem(m): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2015
ok
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Why EFCC "Selective" witchhunt On PDP Members Best for Nigeria right now.
[/size]

I have read and heard from many people and PDP sympathizers that the current Buhari anti corruption drive is selective and Bias.

I totally agree it is selective. but I don't agree that it is bias. And there is nothing wrong in it being selective as long as the reason is the best for the country for now. Because I strongly believe it is the best thing and the best way to fight corruption in Nigeria for now. My reasons are as follows:

1. The anti corruption fight is currently concentrated on corruption at the federal level. Buhari anti corruption war is currently not active on state level and former governors. Since federal government was fully controlled by PDP in the last 16years, most corruption at federal level is PDP affair.

2. Buhari greatest interest is to recover fund. The best thing to do in this regard is to concentrate on areas where he can recover the highest amount of stolen fund. And that is federal government and are mostly PDP members.

3. It is almost impossible to prosecute all corrupt cases in Nigeria. So the need to give priority to those with the highest amount and easiest to prosecute. Thus corrupt cases with highest return are within the PDP

4. currently the NSA is the main focus of the anti corruption war at the moment. The reason being because of the amount of money involve and because Buhari govt believe they can recover some billions from the former NSA. Since the former NSA used most of the money for election affair, it is natural that majority of people involve are PDP members

5. maybe in the next two years when the anti corruption war go to state level, some APC members will be prosecuted.

6. We should also recognized that the govt has limited resources and personnel to fight the anti corruption war. so the need to select those that will give the highest impact per resources utilized.

7. It will be very naïve, unwise and stupid for Buhari to focus on corrupt practice of APC members right now. His govt is too young for that. he cannot fight everybody at once even if he wishes to . His govt will crumble if he try that right now. He need to run the govt with Nigerians not aliens. Almost every Nigerian that have held political office has skeleton in their cupboard. thus many APC members have corrupt past. But however this is not the best time for him to open APC members files. Doing that right now will be stupidity and naïve and will be bad for the country. Ability to select the best fight to fight at a time is wisdom and leadership.

8. It may appear unfair to PDP members. but to the Nigeria masses I believe it is fair. PDP were not fair to the masses when they were stealing our treasury dry. I strongly believe all the persons who stole are common wealth should be brought to book. Whether they are APC or PDP. However, since we cant do all in one day, we must start from somewhere and from those that will give the highest return and impact.

9.The fact that the anti corruption war is currently ignoring APC members does not mean the war is not sincere. It is only a pragmatic approach to a complex problem. When you have a lot of complex problem to solve, you ranked it and choose where to start from. That is currently what is going on.

10. The truth is that all the people who are shouting witch-hunting, "selective", "vendetta" want the anti corruption war to fail. If I have access to Buhari, I will tell him to completely ignore them. Those people want him to fight on all front so that he will lose and then come back to mock him.

11. I know some people will come and say it is hippocracy to currently ignore people like Tinubu etc in the anti-corruption war. But I choose to disagree with them. it is not hippocracy but pragmatism. Even if Buhari have an intention to open Tinubu files, this is not the best time to do it. That can wait for much later. A leader must focus on National interest. it will not be in the interest of Nigeria for tinubu files to be opened at this time should he have corrupt cases. Timing is a major component of decision making and leadership. if you do the right thing at wrong time, it is as good as a wrong thing. GEJ had the opportunity to jail Tinubu since PDP supporters keep making reference to him as corrupt man, yet GEJ could not. Tinubu was tried for corruption by code of conduct Bureau under GEJ govt. Tinubu won the case. Now you PDP supporters now think it is Buhari who Tinubu used his so called "corrupt money according to PDP supporters" to sponsor should now be the one to jail him!!! That is the worst form of hippocracy I have ever heard of.

12.I also know some people will argue about Atiku, Obasanjo etc and say why are they not being tried also. Just as I explain earlier, it is much easier to trace fund, files and documents of corrupt practice done in the last 4years than those done in the last 8 or 16years. So it is only practical to concentrate on the last 4 years at the moment. To me, this is wisdom.

13 We need to understand the post is not saying that APC members and older leaders (atiku, OBJ etc) corrupt practice should be ignored. The post is only talking about now. Which is at this current time (t), it is very wise to focus on immediate past PDP govt because it will benefit Nigeria as country more than doing otherwise right now. In the future, the anti corruption drive can spread to others. But now is not the time .

14. The fact that it may not be wise to look at past corrupt act of top APC members right now does not mean Buhari should tolerate massive corruption from his cabinet or ministers. Buhari must ensure any looting under his govt is not tolerated. Should any member of his cabinent be found wanting of corruption under his current govt, the person should be punished with no mercy.

15. I agree this is not the ideal case since everybody are equal before the law in ideal situation. but it is still better than GEJ mindset, who believe that since he cannot jail all corrupt people, everybody should go free. In his mind he was being fair. The truth is that, that was one of the greatest Injustice Jonathan did to Nigerian masses. That empowered every political leader to steal without any fear of consequence.
GEJ mindset was corruption did not start with me and so it is not me that will fight it.

16. As we hope for the best, we should appreciate what is better than the past. The more we the masses support Buhari anti corruption war, the bolder he will be in fighting it. The bolder he become the less selective he will become and the more APC members will be prosecuted.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Chanchit: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2015
Na Obasanjo book go dey cause all this confession o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by drss(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2015
lalasticlala, Ishilove.
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by EdCure: 8:19am On Dec 28, 2015
Liar!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by drss(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
sauce
done.
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by eaccyboy(m): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2015
They should just allow this man to rest...but if he wants to have peace Obasanjo must be assassinated first....my advice to Mr. Atiku

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Vanityupnvanity(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2015
we don hear!
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by korel9: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Then you're probably nosing it. undecided

Oponu angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Decibel: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Tinubu boys trying to rope Atiku

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by bonechamberlain(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
una problem.
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Bantino(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Who said you are?

Is this a case of guilty conscience? 'cos I know that clear/clean conscience fears no accusation,

init fellas?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by bqlekan(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Na me come dey eye am? Who I be?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by dunkem21(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Who ask you .. Chook your eye for Buhari job make Dasuki add your name for the list .. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Rexphobia(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Yeah...that's the best thing to do... don't make them see you coming....Make sure them are calm then attack.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
WE NOR ASK YOU
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by bright007(f): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
We know you are not; just as you were also not eyeing OBJ's job from 1999 to 2007 but you were only trying to overtake him

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Pidggin(f): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
To every rumour, there is an element of truth.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by FuckTheMod: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
Atiku is a greedy thief...... - OBASANJO

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by lonelydora: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
In every rumour there's an atom of truth.

Atiku wey i know! Hahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by chinex276(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
we know ur nt only eyeing his job, ur also eyeing his daughters.... We knw em male oloshos and Atiku is one of dem.
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by tomholly: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
time will tell
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by donholy28(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
Question: Mr.Atiku...what brought up this topic?

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by Bantino(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
Is this OBJ's handiwork?

He said that you can never be president of Nigeria.
Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by barbietosin(f): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2015
My bday Is Jan 1st....u guys shud wish me happi bday in advance....click like if u wish me kiss

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by sammyj: 9:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Atiku is a two face man and a betrayal who his words should never be taken seriously. PMB should just focus and over look people like Atiku and his ambition !!! cool tongue

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Eyeing Buhari's Job - Atiku by priscaoge(f): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Na U sabi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FEC Approves N1.23bn For Plateau University, Customs / Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm / Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.