Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm (16684 Views)

Voice Note That Led To Deborah Samuel Being Killed For Blasphemy / Why I Disagree With Southern Governors Call On Buhari For National Dialogue / Senate, FEC: Ex-Governors Call The Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by ogododo: 9:06am On May 15, 2022
The Northern Governors’ Forum has called on Christians and Nigerians to remain calm following the killing of a female student, Miss Deborah Samuel of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, for alleged blasphemy.

Dr Makut Macham, spokesman to Governor Simon Bako Lalong, chairman of the Forum and Governor of Plateau State, in a statement, stated that the governors were concerned about the development, saying that it is clearly an extra-judicial measure of addressing perceived infraction.

According to the statement, “The Northern governors appeal for calm following reports of the hijack of a peaceful protest which later turned violent and led to the imposition of a curfew in Sokoto metropolis.”

The statement explained that the governors stressed that any attempt made to adopt self-help in addressing grievances whether religious or otherwise could lead to further chaos in the country.

According to the statement, the Forum appealed that security agencies be allowed to thoroughly investigate the matter, while commiserating with the family of the victim.

The Forum commended Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State for the proactive measures he adopted to restore normalcy in the State.

The statement assured Governor Tambuwal of the governors’ solidarity and prayers in dealing with the matter, assuring that they would ensure the adoption of necessary measures to forestall recurrence in any part of the region and the nation at large.

The governors emphasized the need for people from northern Nigeria and Nigerians to show love, tolerance and respect for one another irrespective of faith, ethnicity or other affiliations for overall peaceful coexistence

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/15/deborah-samuel-northern-governors-call-for-calm/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Amerengues2: 9:07am On May 15, 2022
Nigeria is a country with fissiparous tendencies- the ability to split is in the offing. The elasticity holding us is thinning out with no whit of hope.

It boils down to what religious figures are teaching their followers. Many forgot that we are first human before we adopted our various religions. Even I as am not a Muslim, I know Quran can not expressly tell and encourage Muslims to kill.

Away from religion, what the Northern governors have just done is the right thing.

However, clever people will know that sanctimonious speeches like this only espouse people to be together but there hasn't any concrete laid down plan to curb the resurface of this.

This is just a precursor to what is in the offing- if we are not careful in handling this issue, what I fear may chance- another religious war but God will not allow that to happen.

I leave you with this, he who sleeps with an itching bumbum must surely wake with a smelling finger.

IamMichael.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Jashub: 9:08am On May 15, 2022
These people are just stupid. But I don't blame them ; I blame Nigerians for electing these bastards who talk just for the sake of talking

9 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2022
remain calm......in the north
send the UN,ARMY,NAVY,POLICE,NATO........in the EAST

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Kriss216: 9:14am On May 15, 2022
Being calm doesn't solve anything. Wars are for peace. You can never attain peace without war or violence. No region or religion has monopoly for violence.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by DMerciful(m): 9:15am On May 15, 2022
They did not call for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the murderers. What a joke!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by ogododo: 9:17am On May 15, 2022
Be calming down abi, make dem cut my neck.

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Nobody: 9:19am On May 15, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
remain calm......in the north
send the UN,ARMY,NAVY,POLICE,NATO........in the EAST

The fulani kunu is making him fresh, he is being treated well

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2022
Who the Northern governors ? what has drinking kunu got to do with Northern governors?

SlyDev:

The fulani kunu is making him fresh, he is being treated well

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Nobody: 9:27am On May 15, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Who the Northern governors ? what has drinking kunu got to do with Northern governors?

Kanu pix not the news

84 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:33am On May 15, 2022
TueH......He's too big to eat prison food,I'm sure those governors and elites don't go empty handed..His food is from Sheraton,they put him there,let them foot his bills..
Wakili isn't there yet,yolobas aren't back yet from cotonou...I haven't seen you cry here... so stop it

SlyDev:
Kanu pix not the news

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Righthussle: 9:34am On May 15, 2022
R
Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by JoeEeL(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2022
THEY KILLED A COMPLETE INNOCENT CHRISTIAN GIRL, AND HID THEIR GUISE IN THE WORNOUT WORD CALLED 'BLASPHEMY'. If they want to take you out, they mislabel you a blasphemer and snuff your life out.

As if that was not enough, they rioted and targeted shops of southerners, even shops of Igbos.

I have told you, anything Hausa / Fulani muslim... they are just simply anti-joy and anti-progress. They are the tribe with the most hate in the zoo.

To round it off, I think some of the Igbos, who still somehow try to deceive themselves that One Nigeria is viable, after all they have suffered, are the most stupid set of people you find in the zoo.

On a final note, the british short witch, Catriona Laing and their silly BBC are nothing special. The way these fools have sunk into dirt just to keep their cash cow, to mix with barbarian elements and allow bloodletting, just for natural resources, is the most despicable sight to behold. There is nothing special at all about these white idiots.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by NwaNimo1(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2022
koo

5 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Nobody: 10:02am On May 15, 2022
I see some idiots quoting some Bible verses that talks about blasphemy and how the punishment is death

But let me educate some of you...
the 1999 constitution supercedes any religious law ...weda christian or Muslim law...in the 1999 constitution, taking the law into ones hand is an offence... Murder is an offence...

The last time I checked, anyone who blasphem in Islam is taking to a sharia court where his or her faith is decided...not mob action

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Emoc: 10:03am On May 15, 2022
USELESS unity beggars

NO JUSTICE, NO CALM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Mokason288(m): 10:03am On May 15, 2022
I have said it before and I will keep saying it

An eye for an eye will make Nigeria a better place for everyone

15 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Winters23: 10:03am On May 15, 2022
cool

Pakistan and India divided based on religious red lines.

Why can't Nigeria divide based on same principle?

Note: I am not ipob, nnamdi kanu is a pig

9 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Henrychino(m): 10:03am On May 15, 2022
Let prophet Mohammed suck my dick

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by DOTian: 10:04am On May 15, 2022
This very governor of plateau state is biggest executive idiot in this country..
You hardly see him speaking up when his people are being killed but when it comes to defending the nebulous interests of the socalled One North, he's all over the place.. Very useless governor

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Boyooosa(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2022
Better
Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by Bar1941(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2022
Calm kill all of unna there, bunch of animals.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by foreshore(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by lokotamak(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2022
Mtchew..rubbish
exCHRISTIAmtN:
You haven't asked why he let his people die without protecting them.

Why didn't the imaginery christ protect Deborah shocked

Is he absent? Or doesn't exist? Or cant fulfill His promise to protect his followers? Or is the bbbile lyi*g as it used to do?
Thessalonians 3:3

I left Xtianity because I realized it's rubbish.
What do yo expect from a god that was born by a WOMAN and ended, murdered on Cross? Didn't help himself also grin

The entitled punishment for blasphemy in Xtianity as I was forced study by my parents back then is death !!!

anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.
Leviticus 24:16

Deborah killers used this verse to kill her the way the verse instruct, I think they own a copy of christ papers, bible is full of evil to its followers.

I left religion for you!!! Ath3ism all the way

Before any rotten brain qoute me, see my signature..... grin
Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by hopefulLandlord: 10:04am On May 15, 2022
A rug rider crawls into a cave in the 7th Century CE, the Angel Gabriel appears out of nowhere and whispers words of profound wisdom to the rider. Gabriel's whisperings are then somehow documented by the rider for all Eternity as the Words of God for the future benefit of Mankind. Fast forward to the 20th century CE. Erwin Schrodinger picks up his pencil and proceeds to write out the Wave Equation of the Universe which replaces the role of Newton's laws and conservation of energy in classical mechanics. It is an equation in terms of a wave function which predicts analytically and precisely the probability of events to within an accuracy of 10-decimal places. Why does anyone in the 21st century CE, astonishingly, still give any credence to the writings of a delusional 7th century ignorant goat herder who claimed an angel spoke to him in a cave? Apparently there are still approximately 1.5-billion or more Neanderthals out there who still "believe". Beats me!!!

4 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by abobote: 10:04am On May 15, 2022
R
Re: Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2022
Where was the calmness when she was killed?

Where was the calmness when the idiot was boasting about setting her on fire?

Where was the calmness when some northerners were speaking from both side of their mouths?

Will calmness bring the departed back?

Will calmness fix the whole situation?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec / Plateau Lockdown Commences Midnight Today - Lalong / Gbenga Daniel Wins Ogun East APC Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.