Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Don't Haste Into Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Haste Into Ministry (418 Views)

How To Identify The Deity That Called Your General Overseer Into Ministry / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Haste Into Ministry by Seyibabalola(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Cleaning Up for the Call
....A Must Read

There is a Cleaning Up for the Call into Ministry. I mean a process of separation and sanctification before God calls a man into his PURPOSE. Yours might be a healing ministry, and it might be a word ministry. But it's not too good that we have people who haste for the bread without the bake. The bread is made complete in the bake, where it passes through 'fire', shut out of the outside world, getting it's shape in a dark and hot conditions. And when it's done, it comes out ready for consumption by everyone. What am i saying? Many people haste into ministry without a Cleaning Up. Consequently such ministry soon crash in no time. Besides, it must have been run below the set standard by God.

I took a thorough study of men whom God called and used in the Bible. These include David, Abraham, Paul, and Peter. I saw how they were cleaned up, before they were called into their ministries. Now let's go to Abraham's case: Genesis 12:1: "Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:" Getting out his country, in the spiritual realm, takes the place of a man leaving the kingdom of the devil and coming into the kingdom of Christ, in other words, getting born again. That's the first process of Cleaning Up. Now God told him to also leave his father's house and his people. I can remember the words of Jesus that whoever cannot leave his father, mother, brother, sisters, and friends and take up his cross cannot be His disciple-Luke 14:25-33

Now on Paul: Paul had his Cleaning Up for the Call. The Bible says Paul was blind and did not eat or drink for 3 days in the house of Judas in Damascus, after he had an encounter with the Lord when he was going to arrest the believers in Damascus. During these 3 days he was praying. And after then, God told Ananias to go and heal him and baptize him with the Holy Spirit for the Call into his ministry. Check Acts 9:1-20.

David too had his Cleaning Up for the Call. This took place in the wilderness where he was keeping his father's sheep. It was a time he was learning skills, discipline, faithfulness and humility. This was a process of Cleaning Up, before he was anointed and made a king. God wants to Clean Up your character before he uses you. Don't rush into ministry, don't rush into marriage, without cleaning up your character, cos you need character to remaine on the ladder of success

Peter had his Cleaning Up for the Call. In John 21:18-19 Jesus told Peter how he would die to flesh for the ministry before him. Jesus said when you are young, you could gird up yourself and go to anywhere you want. But when you are old, and weak in sight, you will stretch forth your hands for another man to dress you and take you to where you want to go and the man will even take you to where you don't want to go. This means when we are baby Christians, we are permitted to do some things. But when we grow up in the Lord, we are made by God to drop or deny some things to fulfill one calling or another. Denial of the flesh is another process of Cleaning Up.

You have a vision. You know you have a Calling. You want to manisfest. You long for the glory. Fine!, but you've got to pay the price. You've got to take up your cross. You've got to CLEAN UP. I mean seperate and sanctify your life from every weight, sin and anything that defiles the standard of God for the assignment, the ministry before you. Cleaning Up is a process of seperation and sanctification. SHALLOM!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Have The Power To Judge According To John 5 ,30 And That Is Why We Must Judge / What Is The Anchor Word For 2016 In Your Church / Im Curious, Muslins Please Fall In And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.