Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,882 members, 7,848,569 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona (788 Views)

Jimmy Wopo Shot Dead Within Hours Of Xxxtentacion Killing / DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement / Sista Afia: "I Sign Contract With Guys I’m Not Dating Before We Have Sex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by thesoccerhoopin: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2015
From: http://www.thesoccerhooping.com/2015/12/soccer-player-gets-fired-within-hours.html

Sometimes, our past can hurt us real bad and this is a good example of such. New Barcelona signing Sergi Guardiola, 24, who formerly played in Alcoron FC, was fired from Barcelona just within hours of signing his life-changing contract after Barcelona officials came across some of his old tweets which they found to be offensive.

The tweets were sent two years ago by Guardiola, in which he tweeted some offensive comments against Catalonia and he also tweeted "Hala Madrid". Guardiola has denied to have any knowledge about such tweets, even though the tweets came from his personal twitter account.

Guardiola tried to defend himself by saying " I want to make clear. I didn't write those tweets. Afriend took my phone and did it. It is a misunderstanding. The tweets are from 2013, a joke from a friend, i didn't even know the tweets existed. Barcelona has treated me very well. I understand their decision. Now I'm going home, we'll see what happens. Once you are a professional, you support the team that plays the best, and that is Barcelona. Joining them was a dream, now its broken". Photos of his signing and his old tweets below.

Photo Credit:
Barcelona

Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by durubrian(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2015
lmao... this just made my (birth)day
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by Airforce1(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2015
Painful

It is well
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by HARDDON: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2015
Wow!

Well, barca lose ,since papers have been signed, sacking him means they gas pay him all he is due e end without him kicking a ball
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by RockMaxi: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2015
HARDDON:
Wow!

Well, barca lose ,since papers have been signed, sacking him means they gas pay him all he is due e end without him kicking a ball

grin Every contract have clauses or were you the one that wrote the one signed.
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by HARDDON: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2015
RockMaxi:

grin Every contract have clauses or were you the one that wrote the one signed.

O hw cud I 4get d clauses!
But ehmmm no one wud have Tot in this kinda clause now cheesy
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
grin embarassed cheesy smiley
Lame defence!
This is karma in its full force. Your word coming back to bite you.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Had Already Predicted The Olamide Vs Donjazzy Headies Saga (photo) / Amber Rose Plays Snooker Almost Naked. See Pictures / (PHOTO) Adaeze Yobo Laments On How She Missed African Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.