Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only (53564 Views)

Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / White Groom And His Men Rock Efik Traditional Attire To His Wedding With Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2015
Acidosis:
Majority of 'couples' today got married without spending all these. Do you know the number of couples who didn't do any wedding at all? Yet these people live as husband and wife, in fact some just seal their relationship at a Registry and they live happily.

Money is the least most relevant thing for intending couples. We need to stop placing too much emphasis on money.
I remember when I attended my friend's wedding, he did it as simple as ABC some of her friends was just laughing her, but look at them now!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2015
sonofananimal:
if only your guest will be the one that will pay your bride price and fix you on a house and even provide for you!

You can say what you just said, but anyway! When last have you even witness any wedding going around you undecided

So, because they are not the ones to pay my bride price, I should ensure I disrespect them with disposable cups and chewing gum, since they committed the crime of coming over to celebrate with me. Se?

I'm sorry, I don't understand anything in your 2nd paragraph.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by 9jatatafo(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2015
Bishop David Oyedipo of Winners said that he did his wedding with cabin biscuit and sift drinks. If you can manage the amount OP estimated so be it after all there is live ahead
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2015
This kind of wedding shall not be my portion
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2015
Gaborone:

So, because they are not the ones to pay my bride price, I should ensure I disrespect them with disposable cups and chewing gum, since they committed the crime of coming over to celebrate with me. Se?

I'm sorry, I don't understand anything in your 2nd paragraph.
never mind!

Once that time reach, you will understand the second paragraph,

And for the first paragraph! If you really know what respect and disrespect is! You won't use that world!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Genea(f): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2015
tosyne2much:
I just hope you will not scare me away sha cheesy
no naaaah,its also my wedding,so i would assist *kisses*
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Freemanan:

A conventional Nigerian girl can shoot you in the head.... twice, for this comment.

But its just the simple truth... When we go get sense sef

Afrer freemanan Change his name to Freeman!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2015
politricks:
I dont know why we place so much emphasies on the cost of wedding. Let me ask you, is the amount you spend on a wedding directly proportional to how blessed your married life would be?
no mind am. I had no money to do mine, all I did was to buy lots of drinks for just 8k, then live goat to be killed for suya. They arranged palmwine and peppersoup and some few others,n including sewing of native wears (lace). Everything I paid for didn't pass 80k,minus the bride price wch 'must' be paid my the groom's 'parent'.

Some girls go just want make their own be like say na them be queen, meanwhile them be retired 4ki-4ki girls grin cheesy
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by fredopareto(m): 11:44am On Dec 29, 2015
rational thinker..resource re vry scarce..so one should focus on relevant tink nt irrelevant ..best eva planned wedding...am working on it bro
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by udysweet(f): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2015
My dear,in as much as am not a frivolous spender,I stil dont go along with that idea jo. If na so,make we go jus wear jeans and normal tops, head to registry and sign d dotted lines dats all. That pic painted in my mind's eye,reeks of poverty in all sense of it,lol! Fine we knw one shdnt spend above one's means but because marriage is smtn done once, jus up d ante a bit na,insted of letting everybdy seeing us as church rat. Abg I'd rather not go thru dat stress than expose myself dat badly,lol!
Btw d way,how are u?
sonofananimal:
I wonder why many see this as poverty!

For me it is better to spend little on a wedding and invest more on the future.

Marriage is not all about wedding but how life will be like when two party agree to work as one for the benefit of each other in common.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Payshence(f): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2015
That amount cant be spent if it were to be a traditional wedding...hell no! If na Marriage Introduction, 50K is ok. Bt ona try oo.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by refiner(f): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Jephz:
I . .....#quit
don't luv....don't worry u can afford it
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by sexaddict08(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2015
20bc:
Must you even marry, abeg carry the girl enter house like that...

Use the remaining money take play baba ijebu

damn.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2015
Olaolohun:

Don't be deceive bros, wedding is only once in a life timen once u missed it, u've missed it 4 life, if you have money to celebrate it, it is better u do, bcus there are 3 most important our life: birthday, wedding day and burial day, d only day dat we can only witness among this days is wedding day, so bros I'd ont pray 4 dis kind of wedding.
very very very wrong!

What make you to conceive this belief undecided

You only talked about marriage but never mention divorce!
So can't the divorce witness another marriage in their lives again? undecided

Seriously! You yourself don't even know what you are talking about!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by justmenoni: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2015
I saw the topic on front-page and my instinct told me insta ta that this topic must be from no one than NSS....... Bet NSS wait ooo shey na by force make person do wedding but wait oooo instead of the couple embarrassing themselves they can even get married for less...
I.e: invite 2 friends from hubby and wife then 4 from each parents that's 16 all together.. Okay get ur wife to cook 1/2 plastic of rice buy half carton of Turkey, 1 and 1/2 carton of juice, 1 bag of pure water no oo bottle water, cook the rice and put them in take away packs,then hire one danfo bus put the food and drinks in d booth then hv ur wedding at the registry that's all...if u think I'm lieing go to ikoyi registry and u HD see alot of wedding like this...

quote author=KimBerlyie post=41442321]Lmao cheesy grin ayam allergic to poverty so I will pass. Bic biro as souvenir, zobo as red wine cheesy grin no need for wedding, the money shld be used for dere upkeep[/quote]
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Badboiz(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2015
rheether:
May your wedding be like this in Jesus name. Amen

Why the curse??.. ifono nah( it's not good)
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by samphemmy5: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2015
No matter how u manage u must spend above 50K
OP's hypothesis is insignificantly wrong
gringrin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by sweetboy25(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2015
mommysgirl:
grin grin grin grin grin
becky watzup
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by refiner(f): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2015
cupidFlint:
Lol. You deserve it buh that doesn't mean you should spend that kinda sum on just your marriage. What happens to life after the marriage ceremony?

dere must be enoff money nah,,,,, both before and after d wedding...I don't deal wif broke ass nigga....hehheh na joke oo grin
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2015
udysweet:
My dear,in as much as am not a frivolous spender,I stil dont go along with that idea jo. If na so,make we go jus wear jeans and normal tops, head to registry and sign d dotted lines dats all. That pic painted in my mind's eye,reeks of poverty in all sense of it,lol! Fine we knw one shdnt spend above one's means but because marriage is smtn done once, jus up d ante a bit na,insted of letting everybdy seeing us as church rat. Abg I'd rather not go thru dat stress than expose myself dat badly,lol!
Btw d way,how are u?

Just the way we view it at different angles!

Court wedding is even preferable!

Fine dear! We thank God, everything is OK for now!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by samphemmy5: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Olaolohun:

Don't be deceive bros, wedding is only once in a life timen once u missed it, u've missed it 4 life, if you have money to celebrate it, it is better u do, bcus there are 3 most important our life: birthday, wedding day and burial day, d only day dat we can only witness among this days is wedding day, so bros I'd ont pray 4 dis kind of wedding.
What kind of mentality is dis??

Kai!

Do u know Mark Zukabarg? The CEO of facebook had a low key weeding? Yet he gave millions of dollars to charity.

Life is not all about party and fun dear.

Individual differences..what I want u 2 know is that festivity level is not an indication of standard of living

2 Likes

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by mommysgirl(f): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2015
sweetboy25:
becky watzup
Who be Becky? angry
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by refiner(f): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
ZuzuMan:
cool cool cool If you will not give me 10 Million Rounds after spending 10 Million Naira just to Marry you ! Then Forget it grin grin grin

10 million rounds of wat
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonofananimal:
never mind!

Once that time reach, you will understand the second paragraph,

And for the first paragraph! If you really know what respect and disrespect is! You won't use that world!

"Once that time reach (sic) , you will understand": And he thinks someone died and made him king.

Forget about my time. Think about yours and commit it into God's hands. You know nothing about me. What's more, I do well by myself.

Keep serving your elders bobo and coca-cola sweet... since that's your definition of respect.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by ireneony(f): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
wristbangle:

gringrin

Na prayer or curse be this?
hi
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Gaborone:

"Once that time reach (sic) , you will understand": And he thinks someone died and made him king.

Forget about my time. Think about yours and commit it into God's hands. You know nothing about me. What's more, I do well by myself.

Keep serving your elders bobo and coca-cola sweet... since that's your definition of respect.

ok undecided
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
sonofananimal:
ok undecided
I don't need your 'ok'. Save it; its not a means of exchange.
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Bridgovoks: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
your ingenuity is amazing!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Buzby007:
As much as wedding is a day thing, u must realise that it is d only day out of d three most important days of ur life (naming, wedding, n burial) that u r fully conscious.
Do not enter debt cause of wedding but don't be stingy with ur wedding.
God never put naming, wedding and BURIAL as the most important thing on your life!

That believe is from the under world!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
Gaborone:

I don't need your 'ok'. Save it; its not a means of exchange.
you seriously have problem!

But sorry! I don't have time for your Shiite!

To the next side pls!
Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by KimBerlyie: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=justmenoni post=41447209]I saw the topic on front-page and my instinct told me insta ta that this topic must be from no one than NSS....... Bet NSS wait ooo shey na by force make person do wedding but wait oooo instead of the couple embarrassing themselves they can even get married for less...
I.e: invite 2 friends from hubby and wife then 4 from each parents that's 16 all together.. Okay get ur wife to cook 1/2 plastic of rice buy half carton of Turkey, 1 and 1/2 carton of juice, 1 bag of pure water no oo bottle water, cook the rice and put them in take away packs,then hire one danfo bus put the food and drinks in d booth then hv ur wedding at the registry that's all...if u think I'm lieing go to ikoyi registry and u HD see alot of wedding like this...

As in ehn, I don't see y they shld run helter skelter for all these nd it will still turn out to be an embarrassment grin

1 Like

Re: How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only by Ericardo7(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Add 99 in superscript and it will become Shoprite price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Young Man Walks His Mother Down The Aisle (Adorable Photo) / PHOTO: How A Nurse Was Buried In Ghana / Pregnant Lady Plays The Role Of A Bridesmaid With Her Huge Baby Bump (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.