Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 (37626 Views)

World Cup 2018: Meet The Top 3 Current Highest Goal Scorers (photos) / Paul Onuachu Is Nigeria’s Top Scorer In 2017; Beats Onyekuru, Okpotu, Ighalo / Highest Goal Scorers In World Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Manred0(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
But lecester city re playing dis evening nw, wat of if verdy com score 2 goals
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Kelvinpam(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
originalmachine:
...misleading post, end time post....odion ighalo is NOT the highest goal scorer in England..... he is on number 3 with 14 goal...lukaku and verdy still above him

Blind man. Did you see this part?
Monday’s strike marks Ighalo’s 14th goal this season and 30th in total for 2015.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by caprini1: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Kelvinpam:

You are blind. Read again!! Nigerians just rush into conclusions without reading properly. This is very bad.
Very bad I tell u....the thing is turning to an epidemic on Naira land.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Kelvinpam(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
Damfostopper:
whats the meaning of '' Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 ''....if u dnt understand that heading...it means he is d top scorer in england....abeg no daft mentions if u dnt understand english
Read again this man!! The heading is perfectly correct.
Take your time and read through, you still refused.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Gbelex(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
Some peeps are just too opposing, Someone said ighalo is not d best in england,na d headline b dat? Na highest goal scorer dem call am.ahah na wa o.must u oppose
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by nmadu1: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
gemale:
Do u kno he's just 2 goals away 4rm breaking yakubu aiyegbeni's record 4 highest goals scored by an African in an EPL season ? I just pray he doesn't lose form or bcom complacent & get infected wt dt "I have arrived" syndrome dt seems 2 b mainly a thing wt 9ja players. If he goes on lyk dis, he mite even win African player of D year in 2017.
african or nigerian?
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by austynoh: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
congrats to him
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by RexTramadol1: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
jonnieoneng:

You are very naive.......so d fact dat a Nigerian is the highest goal scorer in the premiership is not spectacular abi?........No wonder,$@%&*##@$&*%?

Is it not funny? Y are u nt laffin........psweeeeeeeeeeee

Wu dash u MB?
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
He is a combination of Drogba strength, agility and pace and Eto's sublime finishing..
He needs to keep his head on the ground and work harder and intelligently.
It's quite difficult for a player to replicate his Championship form in the EPL. He is amongst the few who have done that alongside his team mate Deejay. Deejay scored 21 goals in the championship and has 7 goals in his boot in the EPL. Ighalo scored 20 in the championship and had scored 14 already in the EPL...

Many wonder why he had failed to replicate that form in the jersey of the Super Eagles. I think its because of the setup of the team and the African style of play. Some players adapt quickly, some slowly and some don't. No matter what happens He is a prolific striker.

More goals to your boots Ighalo
May Injury be far away from you

Remain humble and never 4gt that teamwork Pays. The moment your teammates stop feeding you with the ball,goals will be scarce like drought. I pray it won't be potion. Appreciate the effort of others, because without them you won't be here.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
gemale:
Do u kno he's just 2 goals away 4rm breaking yakubu aiyegbeni's record 4 highest goals scored by an African in an EPL season ? I just pray he doesn't lose form or bcom complacent & get infected wt dt "I have arrived" syndrome dt seems 2 b mainly a thing wt 9ja players. If he goes on lyk dis, he mite even win African player of D year in 2017.
please stop misleading peeps with fake facts.

didier drogba scored 20 and 29 goals in 2006/07 and 2009/10 EPL seasons respectively.

while Emmanuel adebayor scored 24 and 17 goals in 2007/08 and 2011/12 epl seasons respectively.

Thank you
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by margclever: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
nonen:
I hope Mikel is learning
learning what, mikel has won almost everything in club football, and almost sealing every thing, for him what matters is what he retires, ighalo in 10yrs time may not surpass mikels laurels today
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Ifiegboria(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
martineverest:
That's my tribesman
Same here bro
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Slicky112: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
People just like posting OP.... He is not the Highest goal scorer in the EPL... Verdy/Lukaku lead the pack with 15 goals, Ighalo is on 14goals.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Adaowerri111: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
okonja:

You must be an E.P, aka Enemy Of Progress undecided
I am an EP because I don't hype right lol
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Adaowerri111: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Judolisco:
he his d best dis year

Not this season abi, football league na year?
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by pickabeau1: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reference:

The year, the year, the year. ......2015. That started in January and is ending with City's match tonight. What has Vardy and Lukaku been doing since January.

He scored most of the goals in championship which is rated much lower than epl

Harry Kane is no 1 in 2015
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by okotv(m): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
francizy:

You cant judge by just half a season perfromance. I believe he'll definitely win that of next year if he maintains this his present form. This is because, by then, he'd have had one full season of splendid and outstanding performance..
Player of the year is for 2015 and moreover he performed well in the year under review or why do you think he made the initial shortlist before it was pruned down to the final three
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by ibedun: 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
His state of origin pleases anyone?
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by 2HASUM(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
This post is misleading because, more matches are up for tonight and beyond this below is the updated status that saw Ighalo placing 3rd;
Jamie Vardy Leicester City 15
2 Romelu Lukaku Everton 15
3 Odion Ighalo Watford 14
4 Riyad Mahrez Leicester City 13
5 Harry Kane Tottenham Hotspur 11
6 Olivier Giroud Arsenal 10
7 Georginio Wijnaldum Newcastle United 7
8 Sergio Aguero Manchester City 7
9 Marko Arnautovic Stoke City 7
10 Alexis Sanchez Arsenal 6
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Ograke(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
2HASUM:
This post is misleading because, more matches are up for tonight and beyond this below is the updated status that saw Ighalo placing 3rd;
Jamie Vardy Leicester City 15
2 Romelu Lukaku Everton 15
3 Odion Ighalo Watford 14
4 Riyad Mahrez Leicester City 13
5 Harry Kane Tottenham Hotspur 11
6 Olivier Giroud Arsenal 10
7 Georginio Wijnaldum Newcastle United 7
8 Sergio Aguero Manchester City 7
9 Marko Arnautovic Stoke City 7
10 Alexis Sanchez Arsenal 6
You are the one trying to mislead people here.

Did you even read the op at all?

Why are you guys so lazy to read a post before making rash conclusions?

The thread says the highest goalscorer in England in 2015 ( a calendar year ) .i.e. from January to December, not the highest goalscorer in 2015/2016 EPL season. He has 30 goals in total; 16 in Championship and 14 in EPL.

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by DeRay98(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
maestroferddi:
Only that he would forget himself the moment he dons the green jersey of Nigeria and be playing crap football just like others before him.

Why are you full of crap when you have no understanding of how the structure of a team defines how a player performs in the team. Frequent changes of managers of SE has not helped their performance since NFF started troubling and distracted Keshi..
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by okonja(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adaowerri111:

I am an EP because I don't hype right lol

Because you don't appreciate
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Krasid(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Congrats to Ighalo.Hope he can replicate his superb form for the national team.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by 2HASUM(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Regardless, there are more matches to played and and what is the relevance of the statistics any way?
Ograke:

You are the one trying to mislead people here.

Did you even read the op at all?

Why are you guys so lazy to read a post before making rash conclusions?

The thread says the highest goal scorer in England in 2015 ( a calendar year ) .i.e. from January to December, not the highest goal scorer in 2015/2016 EPL season. He has 30 goals in total; 16 from Championship and 14 from EPL.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Iwant2know: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
pickabeau1:

He scored most of the goals in championship which is rated much lower than epl
Harry Kane is no 1 in 2015

Goal tally is the number in 2015, just erase the strength of the league.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Adaowerri111: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
okonja:

Because you don't appreciate

Appreciate what, that he won the golden boot?
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Iwant2know: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
2HASUM:
Regardless, there are more matches to played and and what is the relevance of the statistics any way?

People like you don't take to correction. The statistical fact is done every year ended. He scored 30 goal in total both in championship last season and in EPL the current season.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by Iwant2know: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
2HASUM:

People like you don't take to correction. The statistical fact is done every year ended. He scored 30 goals in total both in championship last season and in EPL the current season.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by daveP(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sunnycliff:
Congrats boy!! But I don't no why such feats is not repeated in the Super Eagles
watford play faster, SE play sluggish. Then he needs a Troy Deeney to make him a trauma to any defence. Currently, the SE dont have a DEENEY.

But he's been impressive so far.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by KingAfooBaba: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
francizy:

Chai! See achievement! Oh boy eh! You deserve trophy I swear! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

LOL.. You think say na Easy thing.. Outta million people!
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by daveP(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
okotv:
He sure would break both osaze and yakubu's goal records in England. How come he isn't listed in the shortlist for African player of the year CAF needs to tell us why cause toure made the list with his watery performance.
like the biblical nathaniel..... Can anything good come out of CAF?

They might even cheat Aubumeyang and give Toure again.
Re: Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 by francizy(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingAfooBaba:

LOL.. You think say na Easy thing.. Outta million people!

Na why I talk say you deserve trophy na! cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach / English Man Arrested For Masturbating In Public In The Centre Of Madrid / Cristiano Ronaldo Calls Messi A 'Bad' Player While Discussing With Mascot (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.