Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Help! Are There Various Born -again Experiences? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! Are There Various Born -again Experiences? (635 Views)

Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Are There Various Born -again Experiences? by Generica(m): 12:40am On Jun 12, 2009
Hello christian Nairalanders,
I sometimes try to understand why various christians believe in different patterns of the manifestation of the New Life in Christ. Some believe in remaining outwardly wordly with the notion that God looks at the heart. Others keep themselves from the systems of the world, avoiding it's influence as much as the grace of God in them can carry them. They tend to practice Romans 12:1-2. The remaining part of christians remain inbetween - they can manage anything they see. They can adapt to any of the above lifestyles.
I usually ask myself these questions: what does it mean to be born-again? What are the consistent evidences of this spiritual experience? Does God have His own specified evidences? Have we (christians ) corrupted the Word of God to accommodate the infirmities of the flesh, giving room for our lower nature? Is Christ mistaken when He said we are in the world but not of the world? What does He mean by our "taking the cross and (truly) following Him?" If the way to heaven is narrow, how is it applicable to the lifestyle s we adopt in our christian walk with God in the name of Christ? Should the mistakes of certain believers in their quest to apply the word of God be an avenue for rejecting the genuiness of their actions and the inner conviction in our hearts that the way they are treading could lead to eternal life?
The above questions keep me bothered most the time. Why should we ask someone, " Are you TRULY born -again? as though being born-again is more than one. It should scripturally be either one is born-again or not.
The GRACE OF GOD was made manifest one of the days of my mortal existence. A very wordly girl was literally visited by a spirit. According to what she narrated to me, the spirit call her name and practically moved towards her. She screamed and woke her mum who lay beside her. The spirit which was in shining white disappeared. Her heart was troubled and she was obviously terrified. I prayed over this to be certain she is not deceived by some kind of evil spirit. She was almost concluding that God visited her. My own convictions were otherwise. I asked God to really show Himself and I went in faith with a scripture that was stirred up in my spirit.
On reaching her home, according to our appointment, she was already sitted . By the grace of God, I began to speak. Suddenly the heavens were opened and two large white books descended. One was thrown open and I preached to her, judging her from the account of her life as was written in the volume of the book. I have never seen so much tears , so many pleadings for God's forgiveness, so great conviction of sin as the one this immoral and proud girl manifested. Right there and then she gave her life totally to Christ. I did not preach on dressing, earrings wordly slangs,etc. I just left her in the hands of The Spirit of God , The Great Teacher, and this girl was so transformed to the extent that nobody doubted her new life in Christ.She shunned wordliness and became modest in appearance.
This manifestation of God's will changed my views and I wondered if we( christians) truly know what God wants to do and how He wants to do it.
So I ask you my friends, Are there various born-again experiences? If there are then which is the "real one?"
Re: Help! Are There Various Born -again Experiences? by guruno1(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2009
No! there are no various born agin

its just one through the saving power of our lord Jesus

A. Acknowledge your sins(psa 51:1-end:david an example)
B. believe he can save you( just like lazarus)
C. confess your sins only to him not to anybody( cos only he can save)(I john 1.9)
D. depart form your sins(don't continue in them)( 1 john 3:cool and lastly 2 peter 2:9 show forth the praise of him that has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

let the spirit of God IN YOU tell you the church you are to attend

continue in fellowship until we meet xt face to face in heaven.

+234 803 412 1380
Victor ChIDI o.
Re: Help! Are There Various Born -again Experiences? by Generica(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2009
guruno1:

No! there are no various born agin

its just one through the saving power of our lord Jesus

A. Acknowledge your sins(psa 51:1-end:david an example)
B. believe he can save you( just like lazarus)
C. confess your sins only to him not to anybody( cos only he can save)(I john 1.9)
D. depart form your sins(don't continue in them)( 1 john 3:cool and lastly 2 peter 2:9 show forth the praise of him that has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

let the spirit of God IN YOU tell you the church you are to attend

continue in fellowship until we meet xt face to face in heaven.

+234 803 412 1380
Victor ChIDI o.

But the practical manifestation of the new life is of great importance. Will those who totally keep themselves from the influence of the world have a better heaven than those who embrace modern christianity?

(1) (Reply)

Could Jesus Have Ressurected A Black Man? / Do You Need A Spritual Mentor? / Comment On Pastors------

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.