Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud (11647 Views)

Fake American Colonel Arrested After Impersonating EFCC Operative. Photos / Kidnapped Colonel Samaila Inusa Is Dead / Manager Hired Us To Rob His Boss Of N40m’ (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by nairalandfreak(m): 1:36am On Dec 30, 2015
The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 62-year-old Babatunde Idris for parading himself as a colonel in the nigerian army and using a fake identity to defraud one Yinusa Mustapha of the sum of N40m.
The state Commissioner of Police, Leye Oyebade, said Idris was arrested after a petition was filed against him.

He said, “Following a petition received alleging the fraudulent activities of Idris, the command’s Anti-kidnapping Squad swung into action and arrested the suspect, who until his arrest had fraudulently obtained various sums of money from his victims.”

Oyebade added that the suspect promised his last victim, Mustapha, that he would help him to get a certificate for oil importation since 2012, but failed to complete the deal after the money was paid into his account.

“The suspect forged various letterheads of the nigerian army which he issued to unsuspecting individuals and corporate organisations soliciting assistance. He also had multiple identities under fake names all bearing the status of a colonel,” the commissioner added.

The suspect said he collected the money from his victim in installments, but denied that the money was up to N40m.

He said, “I collected N16m from him claiming to be a colonel in the army. I signed the form, but truly I am not a military man. One of my brothers is a general in the army. One day, he gave me a letter to help somebody, so I made a copy of it.

“Mustapha wanted me to help him to collect certificate of oil lifting and because I knew people who could do it, I took the money from him, but the deal failed.”

SOURCE: https://www.thenews.ng/metro/crime-news/fake-colonel-arrested-over-n40m-fraud/

cc lalasticlala, seun, ishilove
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 30, 2015
This holidays gave me enough time to be checking names ehh.. I just saw another name now

7 Likes

Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:26am On Dec 30, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Demmocrats(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 62-year-old Babatunde Idris for parading himself as a colonel in the Nigerian army and using a fake identity to defraud one Yinusa Mustapha of the sum of N40m

This shows the level our dear country has gone to, a grand father is now a kingpin in 419 business. Just imagine the amount of shame he must have brought to his family including his brother the General. I pray they find a way to resolve the current economic situation in this country because the ways things are going, i weep for 9ja.

5 Likes

Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Pope22(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
Happy new year Mr. Colonel

2 Likes

Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Mutuwa(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015

cockroach wey jam fowl,jam bad luck.

1 Like

Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by looseweight: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2015
where did the yeye victim get the 40 million from sef if not for corruption, typical case of thief steal thief collect..

1 Like

Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by sule17(m): 10:11am On Dec 30, 2015
God will catch them one after the orther
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by pretydiva(f): 10:12am On Dec 30, 2015
Serves him right
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by donem: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2015
End time scammer.
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Babatunde Idris...

4 Likes

Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by kingarizona1(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Too bad
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Spidermon: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Mehn....
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by odinese(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2015
.a whole lotta money
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by jambor(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2015
Okada stop! stop!! stop!!! where b dis? noo nor b here. drop me for year 2016.
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2015
Imagine spending his old age in Nigerian Prison
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Akaujaa(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2015
What will he tell his children? Better still, I think his children should be arrested too because he must have taught them the act.
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Truepee(m): 10:16am On Dec 30, 2015
hmmm.... smart tho
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by cruzita(f): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2015
enjoy ur stay in kirikiri
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by WisdomTank: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2015
Just imagine! Some e.diot are hell bent on dragging the name of this country into the mud. This man should be castrated ASAP.

Check my signature for your building POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar Designs
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by donholy28(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2015
At he's age he still dey do wayo
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by iamhorseman(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2015
nairalandfreak:
The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 62-year-old Babatunde Idris for parading himself as a colonel in the nigerian army and using a fake identity to defraud one Yinusa Mustapha of the sum of N40m.
The state Commissioner of Police, Leye Oyebade, said Idris was arrested after a petition was filed against him.

He said, “Following a petition received alleging the fraudulent activities of Idris, the command’s Anti-kidnapping Squad swung into action and arrested the suspect, who until his arrest had fraudulently obtained various sums of money from his victims.”

Oyebade added that the suspect promised his last victim, Mustapha, that he would help him to get a certificate for oil importation since 2012, but failed to complete the deal after the money was paid into his account.

“The suspect forged various letterheads of the nigerian army which he issued to unsuspecting individuals and corporate organisations soliciting assistance. He also had multiple identities under fake names all bearing the status of a colonel,” the commissioner added.

The suspect said he collected the money from his victim in installments, but denied that the money was up to N40m.

He said, “I collected N16m from him claiming to be a colonel in the army. I signed the form, but truly I am not a military man. One of my brothers is a general in the army. One day, he gave me a letter to help somebody, so I made a copy of it.

“Mustapha wanted me to help him to collect certificate of oil lifting and because I knew people who could do it, I took the money from him, but the deal failed.”

Daddy why now.? Kilode te do ju ti wa.? U shuld have leave ths kind package for the emekas,uches,nnamdis..now..babatundegate...

SOURCE: https://www.thenews.ng/metro/crime-news/fake-colonel-arrested-over-n40m-fraud/

cc lalasticlala, seun, ishilove
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by ndujekwu(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2015
Hustle must pay oo!!! Even. 62years-old man dey find the hustle join.

God, grant us a pure hustle in 2016
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by alacantra: 10:34am On Dec 30, 2015
name checkers over to una
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by Evidence1000(m): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2015
See the man's face sef.
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by unknown87: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2015
The victim is either a fraudulent persons or an illiterate. What has the military got to do with Oil importing license in a"democratic" government. Has the military taken over the job of DPR.
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by andule: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2015
Fake Colonel Nawawoooo naija is in trouble!!! smiley smiley
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by bestower: 10:54am On Dec 30, 2015
Let him pay d money then rot in jail wit his old age.fraudster.
Re: Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud by smoby(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2015
*in old Yoruba woman voice* a won oloshi ...dnt mind him , na den dem....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Kill 5 Bandits, Rescue 100 Kidnapped Victims In Katsina / Chigozie Ejike Murder: Family Accuses Police Intelligence Unit Of Stopping Trial / Gunmen Abduct Nassarawa Commissioner, Yakubu Lawal From His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.