Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians (18749 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by lookingfly: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

It's built by churches so ushers, choristers and children teachers should come and teach the undergraduates?

What makes people send their kids there is not because a church built it. It's because it meets all the infrastructural and intellectual requirements.
To get that done, you must employ Top-Notch and qualified lecturers, most may not be from that church.

You must pay them better than their previous jobs OR speak in tongues (for people to still criticize the church for biting more than they could chew)

You don't expect the church, with all theitheir management skills, to start paying teachers with church money. They'll run at a loss, if you understand economics.

Church isn't all about blowing tongues and preaching. You need a brain and courage. Joshua 1:5-9. Because, people like this op and the rest will criticize.
am not totally agreeing with what the op said but on this I issue, I agree with him. Why would a church use the money donated by poor and less privilege church members to build a school or university and yet this same or poor members can't afford the fees of the same school they contributed to build. If the church knew that this school will not be affordable to these poor once, why allow them contribute when the church knows it won't be affordable for them......... In fact, why on earth would the church want to build a university in the first place?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by dorox(m): 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 Ecclesiastes 9:10 you must be a pastor, so I will show those verses you chose to ignore.
kallmemrB knows that he is a hypocrite, and until this post I wasn't quite sure if you knew it too. You see, it is kind of difficult for a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding that thing.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Empiree: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
Some souls (christians) will lose faith in this thread today undecided

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
dorox:

Yet people like you are ready to lie and beg your way into their supposedly debauched country.
you don't know a bit about the life of Christ or what is power can do.... for you to generalize all to be ready to lie or beg their way into those countries......well some person already have seen the future and their plans are orchestrate by the almighty God such people are just above the beggarly live, and are living above sin and mundane thing, that is what God life can in any one who truly understand what it means to be in Christ... peace
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
lookingfly:
am not totally agreeing with what the op said but on this I issue, I agree with him. Why would a church use the money donated by poor and less privilege church members to build a school or university and yet this same or poor members can't afford the fees of the same school they contributed to build. If the church knew that this school will not be affordable to these poor once, why allow them contribute when the church knows it won't be affordable for them......... In fact, why on earth would the church want to build a university in the first place?

Why shouldn't a church build a university? Why? Tell me one reason why?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
dorox:

Yet people like you are ready to lie and beg your way into their supposedly debauched country.
you don't know a bit about the life of Christ or what his power can do.... for you to generalize all to be ready to lie or beg their way into foreign countries......well some person already have seen the future and their plans are orchestrate by the almighty God such people are just above the beggarly live, and are living above sin and the mundane thing that's, what God life can do in any one who truly understand what it means to be in Christ... peace
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by flamingREED(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
henryhemon:

I will always praise and serve my God,the God of gods and king of kings,there is none like him.

Amen.

I wonder why the heathen rage and imagine vain things in their hearts.

When God arises against them then they pang like a woman in labor and pant like thirsty harts
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by shine12: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
midolian:

Credit : Ijabla Raymond

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/30/miracles-faith-healing-and-prophecies-tools-exploiting-gullible-christians-ijabla-raymond

You said every thing right and I agree with you but God and prayer is real and true.
If poverty was not an issue in Nigeria only 10% of the present professing Christians will be Christians just as seen in other developed cointries of the world.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
Good, now let me ask you this, of what use is morality, if it does not give birth to decent living, yes western nations have distanced themselves from religion, yet their society is decent with corrupt people watching their back because they know they can't outrun the long arm of the law, and the people's common wealth is used to take care of the people, fast forward to Nigeria where we are morally upright yet corruption have brought Nigerian to their ? Give me western Christianity where I pay tithe and the church is audited annually ,as opposed to Nigerian version where nobody has the audacity to ask the pastor any question I will take the former any day.
well religion is "one thing", while Christianity is "something" else most of what we see in this part is religion...but true Christianity is a life ruled by the Holy Spirit, not many has gotten to know this.. as well there is more to Christianity than just been moral.....let me ask you, what is your definition of "decent living" is it that which can last beyond time or the one bounded by time and regulated by the few individuals?. well no offence no augment I advocate for decent living but I also say there is God because I have encountered him for myself and any one who directly or indirectly tells me, theirs no God, is not helping me but rather I should let him see what I know.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Dolarman(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
manifoldcrafty:
THE MERE FACT THAT THERE ARE SOME FALSE PROPHETS DOESNT MEAN ALL PASTORS ARE NOW FAKE.PLEASE MIND HOW YOU U TALK ABOUT MEN OF GOD...TALKS LIKE THIS BRINGS CURSES AND NOT BLESSINGS...THANKS ALL

Please tell us how your men God have influence the lives of an average Nigerian.... Only the high and mighty have access to them once their ministry is Large, afterall the same poor men they denial access made them.... Bunch of hypocrites.... Iranu

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by shine12: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
funso111:
hmmm God will help u. One day u will need that prophecy for your life . my prayer is that u God will help u. In the book of isaiah that was a prophecy for the birth of Jesus and the prophecy came to past after over 400 years. yes there are fake prophecy from fake pastor but that don't mean there are no real prophecy. Papa adeboye is God chosen pls.kumuyi is a pastor that teaches the true gospel. Are u saying over 30millions xtian are fools. For British prime minister to knee down in front of papa adeboye to pray for him during their last election. God will deepen your knowledge

British PM did not kneel for Him.
He only met Him.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by knightsfalcon(m): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
midolian:

Credit : Ijabla Raymond

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/30/miracles-faith-healing-and-prophecies-tools-exploiting-gullible-christians-ijabla-raymond

I really am short of words.... my friend don't let the anger of God come upon you,I am not a very religious person,but I am not blind at heart not to feel the presence of my God,neither am I crippled physically not to maximally interact with the creations of God.... My God exists,and so do true prophets(they may not be much in number),when ever you mention such things dont you dare mention my fathers Oyedepo,Kumuyi and Adeboye..... oyedepo built his universities without a dime from the church,go out there and make research before posting,.. now you ask for miracles live on television,if that really happens,what next would you ask for? that the spirit of God should come and dance in front of the camera for your entertainment...
I know the importance of thithes it has worked for me,and I know the importance of offering because I am filled intellectually,finantially and spiritually....
you beliefs are yours,also,mine are mine and theirs are theirs do not try to dissuade people from the righteous path or else the Lord of host visit you like he did Sodom and gomorra.... Search your heart you know deep down He exists
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
Good, now let me ask you this, of what use is morality, if it does not give birth to decent living, yes western nations have distanced themselves from religion, yet their society is decent with corrupt people watching their back because they know they can't outrun the long arm of the law, and the people's common wealth is used to take care of the people, fast forward to Nigeria where we are morally upright yet corruption have brought Nigerian to their ? Give me western Christianity where I pay tithe and the church is audited annually ,as opposed to Nigerian version where nobody has the audacity to ask the pastor any question I will take the former any day.
well religion is "one thing", while Christianity is "something" else most of what we see in this part is religion...but true Christianity is a life ruled by the Holy Spirit, not many has gotten to know this.. as well there is more to Christianity than just been moral.....let me ask you, what is your definition of "decent living" is it that which can last beyond time or the one bounded by time and regulated by the few individuals?. well no offence no augment I advocate for decent living but I also say there is God because I have encountered him for myself and any one who directly or indirectly tells me, theirs no God, is not helping me but rather I should let him see what I know.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by derecho(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
damocool:

God bless you richly bro, don't really know why these guys are so concerned about us paying offerings and tithes, it's our money and not theirs...
Amen...
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
1freshdude:

Doesn't it bother you that despite their fallen Christian moral standard they live a much better life in all ramifications than people in Nigeria/Africa who claim to be upholding the commandments of God?
funny... very soon you'll understand that noting in this world last and what you called better life/satisfaction is vague.. after my increase in status (financially)after my polytechnic days.. with the increase i analyzed life and I saw nothingness in the mundane things. they're just mere needs that can be satisfied at all levels when contentment is applied. peace. may God give understanding soon.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by derecho(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
Bros leave them.Maybe they think people don't know what they are doing.
knightsfalcon:

I really am short of words.... my friend don't let the anger of God come upon you,I am not a very religious person,but I am not blind at heart not to feel the presence of my God,neither am I crippled physically not to maximally interact with the creations of God.... My God exists,and so do true prophets(they may not be much in number),when ever you mention such things dont you dare mention my fathers Oyedepo,Kumuyi and Adeboye..... oyedepo built his universities without a dime from the church,go out there and make research before posting,.. now you ask for miracles live on television,if that really happens,what next would you ask for? that the spirit of God should come and dance in front of the camera for your entertainment...
I know the importance of thithes it has worked for me,and I know the importance of offering because I am filled intellectually,finantially and spiritually....
you beliefs are yours,also,mine are mine and theirs are theirs do not try to dissuade people from the righteous path or else the Lord of host visit you like he did Sodom and gomorra.... Search your heart you know deep down He exists
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by derecho(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dolarman:

Please tell us how your men God have influence the lives of an average Nigerian.... Only the high and mighty have access to them once their ministry is Large, afterall the same poor men they denial access made them.... Bunch of hypocrites.... Iranu
So you think everyone who goes to church are there to see or meet with the Men of God?
They may not be doing enough because they are humans but only a naive person will say the average man isn't influenced(to use your word).If not for the churches I wonder what Nigeria will be like.
Just because many of them don't come to the TV like your celebs,you think they aren't doing anything.PASTORS ARE NOT POLITICIANS OR SHOWBIZ GUYS.
Go to the prisons,rehabs,villages ,schools and make enquiries instead of listening to SAHARA REPORTERS
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by derecho(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
That was how one man was ranting on a bus I joined many years ago.Adeboye did this,Adeboye did that,Bla bla bla.
Though at the time I had stopped going to Church,I asked him a question that silenced him till I disembarked from the bus.
I said,in pidgin,Mr man you dey forbid to be a man of GOD?No be as dem born am,dem born you?Abi God dey forbid to use you?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by dorox(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
mcdon1986:

you don't know a bit about the life of Christ or what his power can do.... for you to generalize all to be ready to lie or beg their way into foreign countries......well some person already have seen the future and their plans are orchestrate by the almighty God such people are just above the beggarly live, and are living above sin and the mundane thing that's, what God life can do in any one who truly understand what it means to be in Christ... peace

Stop to talk plenty story, is it not everytime that we see people pray to God for visa to go to the so called godless countries? And when they are successful in don't they come to the alter for a holy show off in the form of thanks giving?
Until you guys start advising your members not to visit these godless country instead of praising God for their visas you will remain a hypocrite.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
dorox:

Stop to talk plenty story, is it not everytime that we see people pray to God for visa to go to the so called godless countries? And when they are successful in don't they come to the alter for a holy show off in the form of thanks giving?
Until you guys start advising your members not to visit these godless country instead of praising God for their visas you will remain a hypocrite.
it's more like it. I can't expect less.. can't just make your point without calling people names on a public forum...this alone says it all

thank you
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Lightman300(m): 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
The sumum bonum of atheism is that there is no 'throne' whereby man can render account unto,while humanism believe there is a 'throne' but we are the Gods that sit atop it.Take it or leave it,it shall come to pass that will-nilly...' every knee shall bow...and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord...'This shall be the case whether you are intllectually profound or bereft of intellectual profundity.Being educated comes with temptations to want to adorn oneself with the know-it-all tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by akigbemaru: 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
How pastors bilk their gullible followers.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by musaapollos: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
why using insulting word ...... who then is a fool
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
mcdon1986:

I'm a practical Christian , decent living is treating people like you would like to be treated ,asking your neighbors why there is no smile on their face and how you can help, realizing that we are not successful until people around us smile knowing fully well that the poor will always live amongst us, trust me that kind of society is far from our country Nigeria . No wonder Gandhi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Again I'm a practical Christian I so much try to distance myself from Nigerians version of Christianity it's such a mess.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
I'm a practical Christian , decent living is treating people like you would like to be treated ,asking your neighbors why there is no smile on their face and how you can help, realizing that we are not successful until people around us smile knowing fully well that the poor will always live amongst us, trust me that kind of society is far from our country Nigeria . No wonder Gandhi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Again I'm a practical Christian I so much try to distance myself from Nigerians version of Christianity it's such a mess.

well good for you, but no one can call himself a Christian without the holy spirit seating upon the throne of his life..again Christianity is not morality and certainly not religion cus religion is a programming but Christianity is will fully life submitted to God's rulership not man nor our own definition. hope you understand me, else I pray God make you understand. thank you
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by musaapollos: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
who do you call fool,,? habah
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
dorox:

kallmemrB knows that he is a hypocrite, and until this post I wasn't quite sure if you knew it too. You see, it is kind of difficult for a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding that thing.

10 Surely one sees that even wise people die; fools and spiritually insensitive people all pass away and leave their wealth to others. 11 Their grave becomes their permanent residence, their eternal dwelling place. They name their lands after themselves, 12 but, despite their wealth, people do not last, they are like animals that perish. 13 This is the destiny of fools, and of those who approve of their philosophy. (Selah) Ps 49:10-13
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
mcdon1986:

well good for you, but no one can call himself a Christian without the holy spirit seating upon the throne of his life..again Christianity is not morality and certainly not religion cus religion is a programming but Christianity is will fully life submitted to God's rulership not man nor our own definition. hope you understand me, else I pray God make you understand. thank you
Thanks bro.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by dorox(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:

10 Surely one sees that even wise people die; fools and spiritually insensitive people all pass away and leave their wealth to others. 11 Their grave becomes their permanent residence, their eternal dwelling place. They name their lands after themselves, 12 but, despite their wealth, people do not last, they are like animals that perish. 13 This is the destiny of fools, and of those who approve of their philosophy. (Selah) Ps 49:10-13
This is one of my favourite Psalms, I recommend that you read it to your Daddy G.O who is busy greedily acquiring all the material possession he can lay his hands on at the expense of his gullible flock as though death is not too far from him.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by lookingfly: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

Why shouldn't a church build a university? Why? Tell me one reason why?
the church is meant to win souls to God, a place of worship to God....... Why misplacing that priority. Why open something that would cause controversy. Have you heard of any Islamic university in Nigeria. What are the proceeds from this university used for? How much from it has been spent on poor fellows that contributed in building these universities. Just another way of acquiring assets that are questionable by all this g.o's
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
obasy09:
What I always wonder about is why are the supposedly less religious nations (e.g. Germany, USA, Britain) prosperous while the overtly religious ones (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Ghana)wallow in poverty, inequality and apparently full of social vices?
why? Very good question.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
Thanks bro.
#Tumps up. you're a great Man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" / Father Ejike Mbaka Celebrates 22nd Priestly Anniversary / My Experience With Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.