Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,516 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? (57042 Views)

Buhari’s Plans For Niger Delta, Militants — Osinbajo / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
@ToyinDipo buddy it will not drop to $5/barrel. Not possible. You have to account for inflation in your measures. Even if the oil had 0 added value, the inflation component will still keep it above the said 5 lol. Shale producers can keep laying off and producing in Okla., Wyoming etc for now. But for how long till fracking activities co,e under serious regulatory action ? Also note that although there is a glut of light oil in the Atlantic, dont forget that North Sea production will go offline before Niger Delta's lol. Have you taken a proper look at the demand growth( absolute value) versus supplies. That is to say 60 plus dollars/barrel is probably possible by 2018 lol. It makes no sense to call the key transport fuel of the world 'inconsequential'. Everyone shuts down or freezes without crude derivatives.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Ilovemystate: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
Anambra home of indigenous industries

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by TheDevilIsALai: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
Flyoruboy:

That's it. I'm through with your dumb-a$$. Shyt, your stvpidity may be contagious. undecided

All it takes for Ogun free trade zone and repackaging companies to collapse is for the foriegn owners to quit and relocate some place else.

And there are many socioeconomic reasons that could lead to that.

But Aba will simply adjust to whatever trend and continue.

Why? Because Aba gave birth to their own industry.

You are beating your flat chest for renting land to foriegners who employ you as factory labourers and you call that development

Mental slavery

2 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Zico5(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
masterpower:
You should ask yourself What Next For THE CRIMINAL Southwest AND THEIR FULANI SLAVE MASTERS?

THAT IS WHY WE TOLD YOU PEOPLE THAT B.1.A.F.R.A IS NOT ABOUT CRUDE OIL BUT ABOUT addressing THE WICKEDNESS OF THE CRIMINAL/ROGUE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.

THE IGBOS ARE DOING WONDERS WITHOUT OIL.
Why re u so foolish like this. Is it not better to be slave than to be under dejected and God forsaken people like urs?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by wink2015(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
[size=18pt]crude oil is not really worthless despite the fallen price of crude in the international market. Rather than turn away from oil, oil should be combined with agriculture for greater economic growth. I think corruption must be eradicated and the money coming from crude sales however little should be plough to agriculture to create employment for the youth and food for the nation.[/size]
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by wristbangle: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
darqly:

Em, not entirely true. The wonders you are doing IS NOT in igboland. You are astute traders and business managers but ONLY outside your geographical locality. Lets assume you get your B.1.a.f.r.a.land, then all the spare-parts dealers, drug distributors, movie and music distributors etc move back to the promised land- WHAT NEXT?? Will you sell spare parts to one another? or barter movies for medical supplies?
Bia, your biggest and most profitable market is where? It is still the ZOO, call a spade a spade. You sell it, we buy it, end of story!

Nice one cool

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
adconline:
Hate how this debate turned to a tribal tirade.. This should be about post oil outlook and economic viability of Naija states..

Truly sad adconline. Truly sad.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by mark3009(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Bryan37:
It's no news that only 13% of 2016 budget will be funded by the SALE of Crude

Which means that Nigeria is gradually diversifying its economy away from the Oil sector which is expected to even "nose down more". By d time Iran starts pumping their Oil into the international Market, also with d demand for cleaner energy rising day by day and d Cost becoming cheaper and cheaper, I can tell u that in d Next 20 yrs a bucket of Clean water may worth more than a bucket of toxic crude.

What will become of ND a report that has been raped by the Nigeria Government for the past 10 decade

I keep wondering if d OIL was a gift or a curse to this region which made them so Lazy, Corrupt and underdeveloped. Infact d most popular Slogan in d Niger Delta is " our oyel".

The only time ND man is considered in the scheme of things in Nigeria is compensation because of their Oil. Eg emergence of Goodluck Jonathan etc,

Now that the value is gradually diminishing and d reseRve trying, you wonder if this region has done enough or if they are prepared for the storm coming their way.

I must confess, am happy we re moving away from Oil and you are happy too but what will become of our brothers who only relevant is dependent on CRUDE

You are very dumb. The gas that Nigeria sells to other countries which is likely to be the next cash cow where do you think the gas reserves are from? As a matter of fact without the ND you won't even have electricity in other parts of the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by mrDennis(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
olukenzo:
Honestly I'm beginning to get tired of these iPod guys, they are just incorrigible.

I hope Tonyebarcanista and the other Nigerian Deltans are watching. The Nigerian state may not necessarily be your best friend, but you know who your wishers of bad tidings are. Just because they refused to be drawn into your Biafra nonsense.

Cockroaches!

when u observe the venom and narcissistic vibes they spew you have to pity any minority tribe under biafra (if col. ojukwu had won the war)

such pride , irritation and disdain for other tribes. makes you wonder how come they flood foreign lands (in the zoo). to make their daily bread .
am yet to see how oil has positively affected ND ... infsct I hope it dries up sooner so the FG will put more effort into cleaning up our lands and ensuring our fishing industry thrives.
imagine naija importing fish

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by wristbangle: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ilovemystate:

I love the concept over there.

Indomie
Ayoola Limited
Bimbo
Ajanla-CHI

Etc.

As it is over there, so it is here. cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by torddy4u(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Psylas:
They will go back to fishing, the igbos saw this coming but the ND fall our hand

the North won't give a fuc.k about them

did d ND stopped d biafria, or Wat? can't u do d fight without pushing blames.... by d way ND can survive without or without oil....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
hinohsend:

By calling you a troll he was not being polite,the joke is on you.
The joke's not on me. I just didn't take it personal.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by kayroy5(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
The best thing for them is to stop this yeye Biafra protests and go back to farm. And Igbos should return to 419 business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by darediamond(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
What stops you from taking over now? Here in Ibadan, 90% of aba-made shoes have low grade. I know not what is wrong with the shoe-makers over there. They just can't compete in quality with Shoemakers here in IB City let alone Lagos.
Forget, you guys taking over anything expecially here in the West.
You are no match for us.
I'm not boasting. I've seen things for myself.
Bring whatever on, there is readily a ready-made SUPER-MATCH.

TheDevilIsALai:

Don't worry. When dollar hits 500 naira and the govt bans every importable goods , you will be forced to buy made in Aba shoes. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by kayroy5(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
They should embrace Nigeria and stop their yeye protest.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by ToyinDipo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dasuks:
@ToyinDipo buddy it will not drop to $5/barrel. Not possible. You have to account for inflation in your measures. Even if the oil had 0 added value, the inflation component will still keep it above the said 5 lol. Shale producers can keep laying off and producing in Okla., Wyoming etc for now. But for how long till fracking activities co,e under serious regulatory action ? Also note that although there is a glut of light oil in the Atlantic, dont forget that North Sea production will go offline before Niger Delta's lol. Have you taken a proper look at the demand growth( absolute value) versus supplies. That is to say 60 plus dollars/barrel is probably possible by 2018 lol. It makes no sense to call the key transport fuel of the world 'inconsequential'. Everyone shuts down or freezes without crude derivatives.

I like your humour, lol. When I said around 5 dollar/barrel, I didn't mean 5 flat, maybe 5.xx/barrel. I didn't mean the word inconsequential in the offensive lol. However not up to two years ago, oil was over 100/barrel and we both know the price now. Even at the moment more fuel than needed is pumped daily, it's like no one is reserving it, maybe not even US. This suggests there might not be prospect for oil in the nearest decades, they will soon perfect nuclear energy
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by teepain: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
These are not the best of times for Nigeria and Niger Delta in particular.

However, the Niger Deltans need to brace up for any eventuality by doing the following:

1. Holding their current crop of leaders accountable such that whatever allocation accrues to the state's would be used for the collective benefits of all. Encouraging their leaders to steal because other regional leaders are stealing should be jettisoned. No leader from any region deserves to steal our common wealth.

2. They should lobby the Federal Govt.to put in place a plan of action which will be targeted at developing the region's infrastructures.

3. Their leaders should pay more attention to ensuring that the Oil Companies maintain standard environmental support or clean up required of them instead of always collecting handouts from these exploiters.

4. The other regions must be encouraged to develop their capacities to generate revenue without relying on crude oil so that they can contribute towards the development of the Niger Delta.region

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by captain247: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Niger Delta is very rich. Before crude oil we were rich in palm oil. In fact, we were called Oil Rivers(Rivers, Warri and Bayelsa states) for a reason. We have rich lland for agriculture and our waters were used for fishing. Though our land and waters have been polluted due to oil exploration. We are rich in gas with abundant gas reserve. Whether oil become worthless or not we won't suffer. We will only adjust.

I don see my brother o.o.. two marks for that point bro. No mind them jor.
They don't know that we have other natural resources.

Most importantly, we have access to see and can easily capitalised on it.

@OP cry not for the Niger Delta. We will do just fine!
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Ilovemystate: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
wristbangle:

I love the concept over there.

Indomie
Ayoola Limited
Bimbo
Ajanla-CHI

Etc.

As it is over there, so it is here. cool

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by mark3009(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
TheDevilIsALai:

All it takes for Ogun free trade zone and repackaging companies to collapse is for the foriegn owners to quit and relocate some place else.

You are beating your flat chest for renting land to foriegners who employ you as factory labourers and you call that development

Mental slavery
Industries in ogun free trade zone will not run without the power Which is generated from ND gas reserves.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Abugab(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
Make them dey drink am
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by tete7000(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
Oil price goes in a cycle of high and low. At some point in the future, oil price will rebound.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Ilovemystate: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2015

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
willow0801:

What reserve does the sw or north have, you hating idiot!

Igbos when Yorubas call you ''leeches'' tell them to leave yoruba news outfits and know that:
*Abia and Anambra produces cocoa in commercial quantity.
*Ebonyi is the biggest rice producer in Nigeria with 25 solid minerals(lime stone) and 2 salt lakes.
*the coal in Enugu can power west africa and beyond.
* Anambra holds 16 percent of Nigeria's gas reserve
*Anambra,Abia and Imo(with untapped fields) are crude oil producing state.
*Abia and Imo are the major palm oil producing state.
*Anambra has Bauxite,Imo has ceramic etc.
*Onitsha,Aba,Ladipo,Alaba and computer village are the trade capital in Africa(powered by Igbos)
* Igbos pay 85 percent of import duties in Lagos.
* As the most travelled ethnic group in west Africa, the contribute up to 60 percent Nigeria's abroad remittance.
* the 3 biggest markets in Lagos are powered by Igbos which is a great source of revenue for the state.
* Igbo are major players in real estate in Abuja,thereby generating income for Nigeria via tax.
*Igbos has the biggest investment in Nigeria per capita.
* The second biggest film industry in the world is powered by Igbos.
*The biggest footwear industry in Africa.
* major players in Automotive in industry(ladipo,ibeto,innoson,nnewi auto market etc)
* transportation industry.
* pharmaceuticals

Nigeria finds oil and gas in commercial quantities in Anambra

About 30 tcf of gas and 1 bn barrels of crude oil has been found in the Anambra River basin in Anambra State, the Director of Engineering standard in the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Mr Patrick Onwumere, said in Awka.
Mr Onwumere who led a team of experts to assess the volume of gas and crude reserves in the Anambra River basin as well as gauge the preparedness of the state government in the establishment of an indigenous refinery through its oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources, said the team was impressed with what it saw on the ground.

His revelation was coming on the heels of a confirmation by the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum, Engr. Nnaemeka Nwawka that a large hectare of land for the construction of the refinery which would be sited at Otuocha in Anambra East Local Government area of the state had been mapped out. Nwawka added that the only thing delaying full acquisition of the land is the state governor's signature on the certificate of occupancy (CoO) for the land.
According to Onwumene, his team's visit was a preliminary move which has to do with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the area, the level of land acquisition promised by the governor, and the examination of the extent of work done so far by the Orient Petroleum Resources.

Onwumene also said he and members of his team were interested in seeing that the exploitation of oil and gas takes off earnestly in the state and expressed his team's satisfaction on the state's preparedness to accomplish their exploitation. He said Anambra State had three sources of oil supply which included, the existing local reserve from the Brass/Agip, import from Venezuela as well as the already discovered wells at Oroma-Etiti in Anambra West and Otuocha in Anambra East council areas of the state.
Onwumene said his team found that the state's oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources had maintained good relationships with the host communities, especially those bordering where the refinery would be sited. He added that with the take off of exploitation of oil reserves in the very near future, a lot of jobless indigenes of Anambra State would be gainfully employed.

Source: THISDAYonline

http://www.gasandoil.com/news/discoveries/d89bc98903f0500bdba5eca6bd2b8b9b

I can't help it. A million likes for this gentleman.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by simplibaba(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
NakedEve:

lol.
I just dey laff all dis core North states with their low human capital.
Abeg Omo Oduduwa pls take over them as ur possession jare.
Those who were sent there to save them in education and industry were slaughtered.
I pity any Southerner or Middlebeltan who will Br deceived by Buharis 500,000 teaching job opportunity.
Guess what?
In 15-20 years time u will loose all as there will be a repeat of what is going on today there because as long as they have Islam it will be a continuous cycle of calm ist and then later violence.

The only time I will ever believe Islam has repented is when within a space of 50years there is no violence within the region where it is practised.

What has religion got to do with this?
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by NakedEve: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
sameer1212:
I wanted to reply you but after checking your name and the time of registered I decide to keep shut cos I can't wait waste my time with an imposter.

Wetin dis one dey talk?
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by TheDevilIsALai: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
mark3009:

Industries in ogun free trade zone will not run without the power Which is generated from ND gas reserves.

And the money that drives the useless economy
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MJAP(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
That the price is dropping does not make it worthless, we are still using it domestically
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
Agriculture is not just farming or farmers It goes way beyond that. I cannot make any sense of your comment "otherwise they would be controlling.........." that seems like a meaningless and childish remark. What exactly does "controlling economy" mean can you break that down?

Agriculture has been reckoned to account from 35-70 % of Nigeria's GDP according to various sources,depending on methodology and time i.e pre and post rebasing 2013/14. In every series it has accounted for at least twice as much as oil and even more depending on methodology and whether items such as forestries and agro=allied value addition are added.
Whichever sector it is that dominates in any country I am no familiar with this concept of "controlling the economy" that you introduce here as evidence for anything. What does it look like and how do we recognize it

Really tired of hearing all this Agriculture stuff ..Do we have more cash crops than Cote du Ivoire? Is Casava exclusive to Naija? Is naijas land mass more fertile than the monsoon plains in India? America produces more cotton and groundnut. So what unique crop can fetch us d billions. With an exploding population, what arable land is there?
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Amberon: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
We are talking about NOW. the future is pregnant, and even at that, the SS has the highest natural gas reserve in Africa and 7th in the world. Also the most sustainable region in Nigeria and of course has the highest GDP per capita.
adconline:

ND ahead of SE in terms of what?? Education, GDP per capita, poverty rate?? We are talking of post oil bro!!
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by free2blast(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
TheDevilIsALai:

Typical Igbo man! Aba will adjust while Ogun will not abi? You set of people are just delusioned in your way of thinking. Always better than the other fellow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by mark3009(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
babaolofin:
I stop posting log time ago, though I was forced to come during the election to form intellectual online warhorse that fought the recent mismanagement and wastage ever witnessed in the Africa. Most of the comments here are childish and lack any intellectual research or analysis.

1. Those people that are complaining should start planning of how to relocate out of Lagos. One of their girl-child novelist even took the Oba of Lagos to an International Court, I am still waiting for the outcome.
2. Somebody said Ogun has only one cement factory which serves Lagos market. That is why we stopped commenting or even checking political page on nairaland. People are so lazy to do little research even using google. I believe only main market traders make such comments. Ogun has four major factories,
3. PortHarcourt ports will be made unseable for them by Ijaws after few years due to their criminal and selfish nature. They will try to dominate Ijaws and Ogonis, they will be resisted. Other nations will support Ijaws, Calabaris, Ogonis against them.
4. International airports abroad will find it easy to screen flight from their territory deeply. They caused most harassment and embarrassment being meted to Nigerians abroad.
5. etc
And you call this intellectual contribution? SMH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Flavour, Davido, Mr.Raw, Zoro, Emoney, Thrill Thousands At PDP Enugu West Rally / “If Goodluck Jonathan Were President During Coronavirus” By Reno Omokri / Osinbajo Meets Akpabio At Villa Ahead Of Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.