Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? (5890 Views)

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? / APC Challenges Senator Ekweremadu To Enumerate What He Achieved For SE And SS / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
With the global Oil price going down by the day, the Nigerian nation is set to diversify its economy. This will mean that states may have to look inwards to provide their needs. We have seen a thread on nairaland where the discuss is how the SS will cope when oil is no longer attractive. The purpose of this thread is to know how the SE states of Nigeria will cope when the monthly alocation from the centre is no longer robust as before. We all know how they complain of bad roads, erosion, marginalisation, 2nd niger bridge, airport, seaport etc. How will they be able to achieve all these if they couldn't achieve it during the oil boom and when they held juicy government positions during the excess crude oil period?

Next thread will be on SW

4 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
Typing

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by sunkoye: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
what is the price of Gas please?
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Idrismusty97(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Coupled with the fact that they are the region with the highest number of Federal workers in Nigeria. Yea, The real question should be how would the South East cope? I see the way they are bragging in that thread as if they don't sit and wait for Federal allocations like every other states in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2794832/numbers-federal-workers-state-origin

9 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
More of them will most likely invade other regions of the country for economic survival coz the little they get in Federal allocation will be further reduced. And unless the CBN changes its current FX policies, there'll be less goods for them to bring in via Lagos Ports. How many more traders can their region accommodate? Probably more traders will resort to drug-trafficking as is becoming the trend lately undecided Besides, It's not like they're contributing much to the commonwealth even during the Oil boom anyway so it definitely won't be pretty but like every other Nigerian they'll have to adjust. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Macelliot(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
With the global Oil price going down by the day, the Nigerian nation is set to diversify its economy. This will mean that states may have to look inwards to provide their needs. We have seen a thread on nairaland where the discuss is how the SS will cope when oil is no longer attractive. The purpose of this thread is to know how the SE states of Nigeria will cope when the monthly alocation from the centre is no longer robust as before. We all know how they complain of bad roads, erosion, marginalisation, 2nd niger bridge, airport, seaport etc. How will they be able to achieve all these if they couldn't achieve it during the oil boom and when they held juicy government positions during the excess crude oil period?

Thanks alot..

I so much love this question..

For instance, as a bonafide Igbo, I don't believe in oil. I'm sure most of my kinsmen doesn't believe in oil. The more our youths(nigerians) think less of oil and emphasizes more creativity and Technology, the better for us...

6 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Emekamex(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
It is time to invest more in agriculture; it is also time we give full attention and cooperation to local producers in the region.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
Emekamex:
It is time to invest more in agriculture; it is also time we give full attention and cooperation to local producers in the region.
that is why i get angry when they commonize ebonyi state which is heavy in agriculture. With less land available for agriculture in SE, I think they should go into food packaging. They can do well to can tomatoes from the north and even make corned beef from meat from the north. Mangoes from the SW can be used for juice. They just have to make Nigerians trust them more by kicking against the dishonest and fake product manufacturers in the region.
Macelliot:

Thanks alot..

For instance, as a bonafide Igbo, I don't believe in oil. I'm sure most of my kinsmen doesn't believe in oil. The more our youths(nigerians) think less of oil and emphasizes more creativity and Technology, the better for us...
I think what the igbos need to do is to move their trading into virtual reality. People now shop online more and in no time they will rely on it more than walking up to a store to get their needs. The yorubas are beginning to step in that direction and the nigerian shoppers are getting use to them. Online stores like jumia, konga, dealdey, payporte etc are already making sales difficult for real stores as people get things cheaper from them and right at their door steps.
The igbos need to look into that area otherwise their traders will run out of business.

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Jump21: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
sad

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Macelliot(m): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
Macelliot:

Thanks alot..

Take for example, Anambra is making us proud in the Automobile sector. The first and only INDIGINEOUS vehicle manufacturing Company is in Nnewi, Anambra...

Even though, Abia state is ridden with bad leaders, am sure Ikpeazu's tenure would make a good change...

You hear of Made in Aba shoes, belts, cloths, bags e.t.c, Made in Ebonyi rice, Made in Nnewi Automobile cars, spare parts, motorcycles e.t.c, Made in Awka guns e.t.c, Made in Enugu this, Made in Owerri that...... only in Igboland....
I'm really proud of the Igbo Nation.. When will we start patronising our own made goods.. Look at China, the largest economic nation in the universe..

The Black race needs to wake up...

12 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by dmater: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
It is an open secret that the Igbos are great risk takers and are generally endowed with great business acumen. They are exceptionally gifted with the can do attitudes such that they make it big where others failed or dread to go.

The Igbos can be found in virtually every part of Nigeria turning waste into wealth and converting barren lands into paradise to the admiration and envy of their counterparts.

Even though the South-eastern people are blessed with much crude oil and natural gas resources it is rather false to aver that the success and progress of South-eastern people are dependent on such natural resources instead of their natural abilities.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmater:
It is an open secret that the Igbos are great risk takers and are generally endowed with great business acumen. They are exceptionally gifted with the can do attitudes such that they make it big where others failed or dread to go.

The Igbos can be found in virtually every part of Nigeria turning waste into wealth and converting barren lands into paradise to the admiration and envy of their counterparts.

Even though the South-eastern people are blessed with much crude oil and natural gas resources it is rather false to aver that the success and progress of South-eastern people are dependent on such natural resources instead of their natural abilities.
what I dislike is how you guys make it seem like other regions got their wealth off oil. Look out how some folks of yours made jest of the SS in that other thread.

5 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
what I dislike is how you guys make it seem like other regions got their wealth off oil. Look out how some folks of yours made jest of the SS in that other thread.

Guy, bone that thing. In their deluded minds they are the only ones capable of being entrepreneurs, industrialists, traders, importers and what have you. If you ain't igbo, then you must be lazy, according to their warped thinking. I call their illness Chronic Delusion of Grandeur-ism. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by dmater: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:

You are entitled to your insinuation. I have just stated the truth about the Igbo people and the secret of their unequalled success.
As for other groups you can verify for yourself. You do not need to liken the fate of Igbo people to that of poor groups to be able to pass your message.

You do not need to bother yourself of what becomes of the Igbo people.

6 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by DaFlash: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Scholes007(m): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is a very good question but from a very tilted mind.

Is 2nd niger bridge a state project?

What do you mean by when they were holding juicy position? Were you planning not to excute any federal projects there again? The question should be how will nigeria and it's states fair during this oil down turn. Any way last time i check it is mostly federal roads in SE that is in a terrible state. And i most commend the effort of the immediate past and present administration on their interest on some of the roads lately.

For now i think SE as a region is one of the zones that has taken steps to diversify its economy. By the way I will not like to chat on it because i already know what will be the outcome.

4 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by OfoIgbo: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:

OP are you a SSner?

Anyway, the SE receives the least amount from the fg and least amount of federal presence than any other zone, so the se will not be affected as much as other regions will be affected.

Perhaps you must have come across threads started by spanishkid, mulatoclarro, tonyebarcanista, hopeathand, in which they shamelessly insult the Igbos, not minding that the Igbos they insult was the only tribe that came to support an ss president when he needed supporters.
Yorubas and hausas heaped all manner of insults on Jonathan, but Igbos came to his defence only for these individuals to pour acid on that and even team up with the same people that frustrated the presidency of their son.

Tonyebarcanista even erroneously gloated that Igbos had no bargaining chip in Nigeria. So much for SS supporting SE. Anyway, Igbos of SE and SS are matching on regardless. So the other thread you were referring to, should be read with the points I made in this message in mind.

5 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by murphyibiam15(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:

[b]thank you so much for this thread....
as a south easterner i have come to realise that south east wouldnt have much problem even oil sales completely seizes reason been that even at now Enugu and Ebonyi receive one of the lowest allocations yet both states fall within the first 10 states with the highest IGR as of 2014 report..
lets go this way going state by state:
EBONYI:This state has a very large expanse of land for rice production....infact almost all LGAs in Ebonyi produce rice and there is now a machine for polishing,destoning and bagging of the rice.
Also Ebonyi is richly blessed with solid minerals and precious stones and those who know Ebonyi well see quarry sites crushing the stones which many states come to buy which also generates one of the highest revenue
also Ebonyi houses NKALAGU CEMENT factory which is the largest of its size in west Africa and by the time IBETO starts production u will know how things will turn out.

ENUGU:Enugu is undoubtedly the most developed and best eastern city...its coal can be employed to generate electricity for the region...too it can also serve as tourist attraction for foreigners

ANAMBRA:Anambra hosts the largest market in West Africa(in onitsha)..the business activity going on there and the number of industries is sufficient to turn things around
NNEWI with its innoson motors now manufactures indigenous cars of which most of the refuse dump lorries used in Enugu metropolis are from innoson and several other distrubutions.

ABIA:Of course the almighty ABA wi its SMEs are already dominating west African markets with its aba made shoes and bags and the region will be uplifted

IMO:Imo been the seat of academics in southeast takes the lead as the Nigerian state with the highest number of federal civil servants..it also has gas reserves and deposits just like Abia and Anambra
shalom![/b]

9 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
What you should ask your self is ,do south easthern state ever have any fedral government presence grin ,last i check more than 20 years ago obj left uncompleted road and good luck with his uncompleted airport grin ,leave igbos alone we want our own country

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by kernel501: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Coupled with the fact that they are the region with the highest number of Federal workers in Nigeria. Yea, The real question should be how would the South East cope? I see the way they are bragging in that thread as if they don't sit and wait for Federal allocations like every other states in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2794832/numbers-federal-workers-state-origin

AS AT 1967 WE WERE ASKING FOR TRUE FEDERALISM, MEANING THE STATES WILL SORT HER SELF WITHOUT HELP FROM ANYBODY... BECAUSE WE ARE HARD WORKING PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 31, 2015
OfoIgbo:

OP are you a SSner?

Anyway, the SE receives the least amount from the fg and least amount of federal presence than any other zone, so the se will not be affected as much as other regions will be affected.

Perhaps you must have come across threads started by spanishkid, mulatoclarro, tonyebarcanista, hopeathand, in which they shamelessly insult the Igbos, not minding that the Igbos they insult was the only tribe that came to support an ss president when he needed supporters.
Yorubas and hausas heaped all manner of insults on Jonathan, but Igbos came to his defence only for these individuals to pour acid on that and even team up with the same people that frustrated the presidency of their son.

Tonyebarcanista even erroneously gloated that Igbos had no bargaining chip in Nigeria. So much for SS supporting SE. Anyway, Igbos of SE and SS are matching on regardless. So the other thread you were referring to, should be read with the points I made in this message in mind.
was GEJ not worth to be insulted especially with the dasukigate revelations?

Look at the kind of man you chose to support politically. When will you get over the politics of "our son"? The man was a total failure even to his people, yet you expect Nigerians to continue with him. Why?
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by MXrep: 12:26am On Dec 31, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
that is why i get angry when they commonize ebonyi state which is heavy in agriculture. With less land available for agriculture in SE, I think they should go into food packaging. They can do well to can tomatoes from the north and even make corned beef from meat from the north. Mangoes from the SW can be used for juice. They just have to make Nigerians trust them more by kicking against the dishonest and fake product manufacturers in the region. I think what the igbos need to do is to move their trading into virtual reality. People now shop online more and in no time they will rely on it more than walking up to a store to get their needs. The yorubas are beginning to step in that direction and the nigerian shoppers are getting use to them. Online stores like jumia, konga, dealdey, payporte etc are already making sales difficult for real stores as people get things cheaper from them and right at their door steps.
The igbos need to look into that area otherwise their traders will run out of business.
bros 4get, visit the big markets in the east (Onitsha and Aba), these guys dey sell no be small. Aba is probably the most strategically located nigeria city, sitting at the "belly" of PH, Uyo, Calabar, Owerri, Ikot ekpene and Enugu all within 2 hours drive. The online thing can never be a treath to these traders in the next 100 years

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by mazzi: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2015
op,ask your father he will tell you that igbos are born hustler and we are mostly self made! We don't and will never rely on the government and oil.

3 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by fuckerholic(m): 12:37am On Dec 31, 2015
We want it crippled entirely so that nigeria (north and yoloba slaves) can rest and allow Biafra go in peace..oil is not our hope and streighnt.. We are merchants and enterpreunears

3 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2015
MXrep:

bros 4get, visit the big markets in the east (Onitsha and Aba), these guys dey sell no be small. Aba is probably the most strategically located nigeria city, sitting at the "belly" of PH, Uyo, Calabar, Owerri, Ikot ekpene and Enugu all within 2 hours drive. The online thing can never be a treath to these traders in the next 100 years
you need to get in touch with reality. The online trade is a huge threat ti traders in lagos already, and in no matter of time will it hit aba and other states.

Kindly check the price of a 32"TV on jumia or konga, then go ask for the price at a retail store near you. You'll realise that there will be a huge difference of nothing less than 15k with jumia selling cheaper. This is a business am familiar with as most of our electronics dealers complain of how they spoil sales for them. The best part of online shopping is that the product gets delivered to your doorstep unlike when you have to transport down to the market and still pay a huge sum and also on transporting the product back.

One thing I dislike about you ibos is that you always fail to face reality just cos you don't want anyone to laugh at it, as if people don't learn from being laughed at. The world is heavily shifting to reliance on the internet, that's why I believe you also prefer to read news online that wait for NTA News.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by ckmayoca: 12:59am On Dec 31, 2015
Op iz ur questions answered? Oya next pls.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 31, 2015
fuckerholic:
We want it crippled entirely so that nigeria (north and yoloba slaves) can rest and allow Biafra go in peace..oil is not our hope and streighnt.. We are merchants and enterpreunears
pls don't bring hate speeches to this thread.

mazzi:
op,ask your father he will tell you that igbos are born hustler and we are mostly self made! We don't and will never rely on the government and oil.
you all act as if other tribes don't have those qualities too. How come they are progressing?

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by OfoIgbo: 4:06am On Dec 31, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
was GEJ not worth to be insulted especially with the dasukigate revelations?

Look at the kind of man you chose to support politically. When will you get over the politics of "our son"? The man was a total failure even to his people, yet you expect Nigerians to continue with him. Why?

Up till today Buhari has refused to investigate the Halliburton scandal because it implicates his fellow northern and western presidents.

Even in the Dasukigate issue, it is now a known fact that Buhari took part in the fraud, receiving cars and cash gifts without questioning, but for some reason, the SW and north that pilloried GEJ, are all of a sudden, silent.
Let Buhari also tell us about the $2 billion that disappeared from the coffers of NNPC when he was the petroleum minister in the 70s.
The north and SW showed their hatred for easterners during GEJ's regime, simple and short

3 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Ilovemystate: 4:19am On Dec 31, 2015
I guess these tables is very important for the discussion?

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Ilovemystate: 5:24am On Dec 31, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
you need to get in touch with reality. The online trade is a huge threat ti traders in lagos already, and in no matter of time will it hit aba and other states.

Kindly check the price of a 32"TV on jumia or konga, then go ask for the price at a retail store near you. You'll realise that there will be a huge difference of nothing less than 15k with jumia selling cheaper. This is a business am familiar with as most of our electronics dealers complain of how they spoil sales for them. The best part of online shopping is that the product gets delivered to your doorstep unlike when you have to transport down to the market and still pay a huge sum and also on transporting the product back.

One thing I dislike about you ibos is that you always fail to face reality just cos you don't want anyone to laugh at it, as if people don't learn from being laughed at. The world is heavily shifting to reliance on the internet, that's why I believe you also prefer to read news online that wait for NTA News.
Always writing rubbish same thing you guys said when shoprite,games and other retail outlets open first in palm mall in Lagos that it will affect Igbo businesses, they had open many outlets even in east our businesses are booming even Igbo businessmen have joined for example Ebeano supermarket have open two outlets in Lagos, Blenco mall open 3 big outlets in Lagos, next mall Abuja, and Everyday shopping mall have five malls in PH and Abuja jumia and Kong's serves 0.5% Nigerias, In next 500 years they can't compet with millions of Igbo business men and women in ladipo, Alaba, Iweka, Main market, Ariaria, Nnewi, Alaoji, Kano, pH etc. Ask yourself this question, when you can't stop Igbos from progressing after the civil war with all the bad policies from north and west is it now, get this into your skull Igbos are too many, hardwork and stubborn for you guys to hoodwink, your trash ends online.

3 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Ilovemystate: 6:14am On Dec 31, 2015
You can't stop Igbos from breaking new grounds

2 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 31, 2015
OfoIgbo:

Up till today Buhari has refused to investigate the Halliburton scandal because it implicates his fellow northern and western presidents.

Even in the Dasukigate issue, it is now a known fact that Buhari took part in the fraud, receiving cars and cash gifts without questioning, but for some reason, the SW and north that pilloried GEJ, are all of a sudden, silent.
Let Buhari also tell us about the $2 billion that disappeared from the coffers of NNPC when he was the petroleum minister in the 70s.
The north and SW showed their hatred for easterners during GEJ's regime, simple and short
stop reasoning like a sentimental and emotional kid. No one showed hatred for GEJ outside the confinement of his failure as a president. Are you happy about him even in the light of the revelation of how money meant for arms to fight boko haram was spent on his campaign? Are you happy that several people are in IDPs while dokpesi and co enjoy wealth meant for their protection? If other presidents were corrupt, is that why GEJ should be corrupt?

Why do you ibos alsways support corrupt people? It is common knowledge that you all supported him cos he enriched your kins with juicy posts and also cos you knew he was destroying Nigeria. You felt that would help achieve your biafran course, part of why you are still pained till today. His ijaw brothers knew he was highly clueless and corrupt, that's why theyhave moved on to better things. Yet, you ibos are willing to sink with him just to save face for you miscalculations.

Haven't you read it that PMB got those cars as he was entitled to as former president? Do you think PDP won't have called for his head had it been they know he broke the law and was also a thief in the racket? The social media buharigate was just a noise to fool gullible people like you who still hold on to the distraction even after sane minds have let the sill thing go.

If you feel buhari embezzled money during his tenure as military ruler, why not take him to court with evidence.

You never loved GEJ, you were just happy he was ruining the nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR / If This Is What Biafra Is About, I'm Out!!! / "If Anything Happen To Senator Abaribe, Nigeria Will Burn"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.