Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Balancing School And Blogging. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Balancing School And Blogging. (6804 Views)

Thread: Blogging Or Vlogging ? | Vlogging And Blogging Explained / HELP ME, I Want To Learn Web Designing And Blogging, How Do I Go About It Ooooo / Learn Website Design And Blogging For Free Via Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balancing School And Blogging. by craix(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Good morning! my fellow webmasters I will be launched my blog by next year. please I need your help,how can I balance my schooling and blogging?
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Donald3d(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2015
craix:
Good morning! my fellow webmasters I will be launched my blog by next year. please I need your help,how can I balance my schooling and blogging?
misstechy wrote a thread recently that can help, go through her threads
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by bedfordng(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
craix:
its not going to be that easy especially if you are the only one working on the blog
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
it's not easy, except you are in the entertainment niche. however, if you can delegate a fraction of your time for blogging then you are game. it just means that there will be no time for friends as before
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by craix(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
Well my Nichie is Basically on entertainment industry. But I though of blogging through my phone like the blogger app on android during school and maybe when coming back from school I will be used my pc.
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by uhiochris1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
craix:

it depends on your niche bro but mark my words entertainment isn't easy while schooling.
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
uhiochris1:

it depends on your niche bro but mark my words entertainment isn't easy while schooling.
Why is entertainment not easy?
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by uhiochris1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
MrJohnAgbo:

Why is entertainment not easy?

Entertainment (news) is time consuming because it requires you posting every minute of the day and as such, you as a student can not make out time to study unless u put ur blog on hold or schedule time for posting which is bad (for business) considering traffic factors.

And also no time to party or hangout with friends (no flex zone).

2 Likes

Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Mayfrank(m): 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
It's all about planning. I started Nerdslot last year while in my first year of school. With proper planning and time management it won't be that hard. You'd be able to balance them both. Here at Futo, we have many successful student bloggers like myself.

Nerdslot - By Frank, Futo
Nigerian university scholarships - By Excel, Futo
Starzhit - By Mr. Starz, Futo

And many others.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mayfrank:
It's all about planning. I started Nerdslot last year while in my first year of school. With proper planning and time management it won't be that hard. You'd be able to balance them both. Here at Futo, we have many successful student bloggers like myself.

And many others.
where are you blogging at. Eziobodo or umuchimma?
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Mayfrank(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
radiokilla:
where are you blogging at. Eziobodo or umuchimma?
Eziobodo
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by craix(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Thanks mayfrank
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by looseweight: 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Its good to blog especially if you are passionate about it.

For me, I wanted money before venturing into the blogging proper, thats the reason I entered into a Multilevel marketing scheme and now that am getting stable income from there, I decided to get online with my product and already have a blog to that effect of which I ran an ad on this noble forum.

The next dream is to have a complete and well designed website for my marketing scheme. I will achieve that before June by the grace of God. Having a website will enable me sell my products and as well generate income from there by ads placement.

If you dream it, you can achieve it.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

1 Like

Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by kirchofff(m): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
U can't smoke ur weed and have it #fact.....leave 1 and focus on one
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by timilehin007(m): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
OK
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by kateskitty(f): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Oh dear God, not another hungry blogger grin
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by jimharry21(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
the next year u mentioned is it 2017?
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by millionboi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
fun fun and fun
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
It's possible, but you are still a rookie, every student should have extracurricular activity, blogging was mine when I was in school, but you have to watch the time you give to it.

Back then, my blog was about the school, the school website was polyunwana.net, mine was polyunwana.org, since the school website didn't had enough information to guide students on what's happening in the school, I dimmed it wise to create an information website to update freshers, aspirants, students and staff of the school.

It' ticked, my blog was getting more traffic and popularity than the school website, calls where coming in every now and then, comments were waiting for answers, people needed updates, I was popular, BUT it was eating into my academic period.

It reflected in my GP, I had to take caution, allocated time for it, 1 hour in the morning, for posting and updating and 1 hour in the night, for reading and replying feedback.

My advice to you:

1. Why do you want to blog:

I think it's obvious, it's for money, there are many ways to make money from blogging, except your answer is yes to the question below, avoid adsense. You don't have enough time to compete with full time bloggers for organic traffic, and trying to garner traffic by social media will eat so much into your time that it may reflect in your GP.
You can package information product and sell through your website
You can write reviews, or guest post on your blog for clients from fiverr
See more on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2839050/3-reasons-blog-2016

2. Are you passionate about the niche you are going into?

If you are not passionate about the niche you choose, chances are your blog will become a burden instead of a hobby, you may definitely drop it to salvage your academic pursuit.

3. Have you done your keyword research and it's a profitable niche?

If you want to earn via adsense or advertising and you haven't done your due diligence on this subject. You are headed towards a disaster except the 2. above applies.

4. Who is your mentor?
A good mentor can save your a year wasted in groping in the dark. Get a good mentor, he will tell you what to do, when to do it and why

My 1 Kobo

Check my signature to join my blogging network. Free mentorship and incubation inclusive

3 Likes

Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by suxes2005(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mayfrank:

Eziobodo

I love your mobile view

Can you design something like that for me?
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by allisonluvsu(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
i was in ur shoe but i solved my problem by making a personal Timetable for reading ns blogging
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by emmyw(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
[b]If you really have passion for blogging, it won't be so hard for you, do you know what I mean by that? Get your mind off monetizing your blog for now, because most bloggers this days are not worth writing about, you will see someone creating a blog just because of duplicate content(copy and paste) that's not blogging, spend time and write one or two article(s) daily, focus on your school, so you won't come here later to complain of low CGPA.

And you have to know that if you are not a self motivated someone, blogging will totally take your mind off school, so many blog are created daily and that's how so many die daily, school need total concentration, except you don't know what you are doing.

You also need to ask yourself so many question before starting a blog, which I will compile later, but for now, make sure you have passion for it before starting a blog, otherwise you will just waste two important things, which are money and time.

Be yourself, don't be carried away by what others are doing this days, I chat with someone this afternoon, a jambite, only to find out that his blog was just full of adult contents, that will not impact anything to your readers. So many bloggers this days are people that are really confused in life, only that they have gadgets, because most of them can't speak good English(am talking from what am seeing everyday).

When I have free time, I will write a good guide article for bloggers, especially newbies.

Last but not the list, focus on your school, that's the most important thing, I respect people with prestige not money without prestige.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Karleb(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
What is blogging?

We have people that are schooling and also into programming, Graphics, music and so much more.

I'm not saying they are doing fine fine fine but they are doing fine.
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Edigrows: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
kateskitty:
Oh dear God, not another hungry blogger grin
\

why u being sarcastic? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by babadj: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mayfrank:

And many others.
ehen... i av starzhit on my bbm sef. didnt knw he was a student. kudos 2 im. hes very crazy @ gettin salbums quick. was d first prsn in 9ja to upload d eyan mayweather album
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by DGKN: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nice quest.
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by bufness(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
craix:
its not easy bro, had to put my blog on hold coz of school, especially if your course is a very demanding one like law
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by maximunimpact(m): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
brb
Re: Balancing School And Blogging. by Luukasz(m): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
craix:
Its better to build something you can manage at ease rather than waste your time building a site or blog which U wont manage for long.
Note: Many are web designers but few are web developers
Thats why I dont see myself as a designer but a developer and i want to launch my own social network instead of a blog

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CSS Vs Tables / My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. / 12 Seo Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Rank Higher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.