Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons (3838 Views)

North To Lose More Should Igbos Heed Quit Notice - Igbo Leader. / Joe Igboekwe Hate Speeches Should Igbos Take His Advise? / Check Reasons Buhari Is Scared To Probe Obj, Ibb, Abdulsalami - Analysed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by Spicygal: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
Just like that? You can live anywhere? So why not move to London? Or Canada?

No you cannot live in another country without documentation and authorization.

So hopefully soon enough, you will relocate grin grin

Pavore9:

I will always have a choice to live anywhere except there is war!
Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by Pavore9: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
Spicygal:
Just like that? You can live anywhere? So why not move to London? Or Canada?

No you cannot live in another country without documentation and authorization.

So hopefully soon enough, you will relocate grin grin

Read the post l responded to get the context of my post you quoted. Even if South East becomes Biafra, l will still have an option to retain my Nigerian Passport!

1 Like

Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by OAFMods: 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
[size=18pt]99.8% of Igbos can not just help being foolish. We all know Igbos already purchased 90% of the landed properties in Lagos, developed and undeveloped from the Yorubas. Now, Igbos tell me if you are to sell your properties due to the downturn of the Nigeria economy, who exactly are you expecting to buy from you ? We all know Yolobas are lazy ewedu n oyel drinking people that do not work so they do not have money to buy the land back. It is only Igbo that are hardworking and rich so who buy this property from the igbos or do Igbo expect the majority Yoruba agebros to buy the properties from them and paid them with laziness or 99.8% of Igbos on NL are eternally foolish ? [/size]
Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by Spicygal: 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nigeria? Nigeria will cease to exist, once one group ceceeds then the others would too. So it's either we have a United Nations of Ngeria made up of at least 5 self controlled territories like the UAE or 5 independent nations.

We are only Nigeria when we are all together.

Pavore9:

Read the post l responded to get the context of my post you quoted. Even if South East becomes Biafra, l will still have an option to retain my Nigerian Passport!
Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by Pavore9: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Spicygal:
Nigeria? Nigeria will cease to exist, once one group ceceeds then the others would too. So it's either we have a United Nations of Ngeria made up of at least 5 self controlled territories like the UAE or 5 independent nations.

We are only Nigeria when we are all together.

That is a different perspective all together. I am more pro-regionalism as against what is presently obtainable as so much is spent on 'elected officials' as against development. Take the 5 South Eastern states as example which when combined is about the size of Kogi state alone but it has 5 governors and their deputies with their countless aides, close to 100 commissioners, 15 Senators, almost 50 House of Rep members, over 100 members of State House of Assemblies all these costs within a region the size of Kogi State! sad
Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by Spicygal: 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Our current cost of governance is too high, I think we should regionalize. That will reduce the ethnic issues as you can't blame someone in Abuja for your failure as a region.

The truth is each region is viable and would flourish.

Pavore9:

That is a different perspective all together. I am more pro-regionalism as against what is presently obtainable as so much is spent on 'elected officials' as against development. Take the 5 South Eastern states as example which when combined is about the size of Kogi state alone but it has 5 governors and their deputies with their countless aides, close to 100 commissioners, 15 Senators, almost 50 House of Rep members, over 100 members of State House of Assemblies all these costs within a region the size of Kogi State! sad
Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by Pavore9: 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
Spicygal:
Our current cost of governance is too high, I think we should regionalize. That will reduce the ethnic issues as you can't blame someone in Abuja for your failure as a region.

The truth is each region is viable and would flourish.

Every region is viable if they choose to exert themselves, build on their human capital and explore their strengths.
Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by ckmayoca: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2015
DonXavi:
Poor man, you sound like you're pained. Go and buy their landed property and make them fk off nah.

The guy family put together can't afford an empty land let alone one with property on it

1 Like

Re: Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons by ckmayoca: 1:22am On Dec 31, 2015
Op na only easterner get property for lagos? Why advising em to sell? Won't the Yoruba's in lagos pay same tax? If they can't afford to pay it then as well can sell to hausa, igbo or even ghanian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reuters Rips Buhari In Scathing Article. / New List: 204 Projects Commissioned And Executed By Goodluck Jonathan / Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.