Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

The Power Of Thanksgiving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Thanksgiving (969 Views)

Man Who Woke Up After Being "Declared Dead" Holds Thanksgiving Service. PICS / David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / The Secrets Of Thanksgiving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Thanksgiving by IamK2I(m): 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wow! Finally the year has few hours to complete it full cycle, making grand entry for next year(2016). This post has been long due before now, it's been heavy in my heart to share this and finally it is out. Not just out, but at the right time.

I have constantly and consciously lived my life with the mindset that I don't own anything I have, they are all given to me by grace. Therefore, to keep and have more, I engage in the misery of Praise and Thanksgiving.
"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD". (Psalms 150:6)

This simply means I don't need 2016 Range Over Sport before I can praise God, or own Banana Island to myself before I can give thanks to God.
"When the law of life is broken, we become victims of death" Bishop David Oyedepo

Psalms 150:6 is a command not an appeal. Many people are grounded because they take God for granted. These two words 'Thank You' is what qualifies you for the next act of favour in life. When you are addicted to giving God thanks, destiny opens to you on its own accord. The more grateful you are the more colorful your destiny becomes. One thing God can't give to himself is Thank You.

"No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks." - James Allen

There is nothing, absolutely nothing God is benefiting from you and me except our thanksgiving and praise. Hope you know, God doesn't need your money because He gave you. You can't give what you don't have. Thanksgiving Is A Debt We Owe That Must Be Paid. You could say what should I be thankful for? This year has been the worst year ever. My friend, if it is truely worst as you think, you wouldn't have been alive to say it is worst. Imagine if you are made to pay for each breath you breathe, do you think you can pay? It might has been rough but It is God who kept you strong. If God allowed the devil, your story could have been worst, not forgetting the mission of the devil is to kill, steal and destroy. So, you being alive today, if not for any other thing give God thanks, it is the same transportation system you travelled on that people died, the same food you ate that killed people, the same sleep you slept that so many slept and never woke up, the same interview/examination you wrote and passed. He deserves your praise/thanksgiving (In all things give thanks to God).

"Gratitude is what determines your ultimate altitude in Life" Bishop David Oyedepo

David is referred to as man after God's heart because he praised his way into God's heart. (Psalms 119:164)

Jesus our perfect example gave thanks to God and fed 5000 men (excluding women and children) with 5loaves of bread and 2fishes with 12baskets as left overs

In John 6:11, Jesus gave thanks and Lazarus that was dead for 4days jumped back to life.

Paul and Silas praised God and the prison doors opened on their own accord. (Acts 16:25)

Blessed be God you don't praise amiss. You can pray amiss but can't praise amiss. When you pray, God hears (if you pray correctly) but if you praise God, He comes down. An addicted thanksgivinger is a carrier of God's presence.

Friends, Your Tanks Can't Be Empty When You Are Full Of Thanks. Nothing goes down with a thanksgivinger. You might say this year didn't go down well, your complain or murmuring wouldn't change anything, but if you can wholeheartedly praise God today, you are preparing for 2016 that's from Glory To Glory.

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey

All I Have To Say Is Thank You LORD.

Happy and Prosperous 2016 in advance.

IamK2I

(1) (Reply)

That Battle Must End. / Are Muslim & Christianity Violent Religion? Read History / Understanding The Difference B/w Atheism, Religion And The Divine Truth Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.