Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,085 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? (60384 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Christ Embassy Church Charging ₦1000 To Attend 31st Night Service / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:

I know you don't understand what i mean, well let me clarify it for better understanding " I'm satisfied with what i got" To gain my respect is not by acquisition of well my friend

Brilliant. We both agree on that.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Toks2008(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

No I don't, if it's free, then some one somewhere paid for it.

As for empowering, I think there are empowerment schemes but if it doesn't exist, why didn't you start one?

I started one in 2001 where many Nigerian youths were empowered in their hundreds and if you have any body who went to uniben around 2001 in engineering and medicine department you can make your confirmation and my comapny remains diamond field international.

At this point in time i was a member of the Haven and we give hundreds of thousands to GOD just for the purpose of some christembassy programes.

The Haven PCF is made up of professionals whose goal is to give to the ministry and just around November 11th in 2001 the unexpected happened..i had a terrible accident which affected mt mobility and the once vibrant young man became terribly incapacitated.

These haven member came to my place and they prayed together with me and that was it..no enquiry to my welfare or how i would manage with my life and i was left on my own for months.i spent all i had trying to get myself back to my feet and these people practically forgot i ever existed.

For confirmatory purpose im talking about the branch around alakija bus-top aong lagos badagry express way headeed then by pator tony ikoku and they know me as bro koreede so i am not making things up.

But to GOD be the glory i got back on my feet and went back to church and still remained in same haven but i got so disappointed when the haven president then announced that the members are obliged to contribute money to buy a car for the pastor who wants to celebrate his birthday and i was like WAT?

Not about the birthday gift but i was like i was totaly forgotten by thee same people and i have hardly come back to church with my bank account in red and these people are asking for this and trust me,when such task comes up and you are not able to make some contributions they will start looking at you one way....so i just turned a deaf hear and mind less whatever they may say or think.

This ws just part one of my ordeal and it was the part two that saw me making up my mind to leave Christ embassy for good.

I am not writing this to tarnish the image of any church but it is a clarion call for them to wake up to their responsibilities that they are not juyst meant to collect ofering and tithes but to really give people's life a meaning not by psyching them up but by empowering them.

GOD help me cos i still believe i will be in aposition to empower the youths once again.

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by xpac01(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
why did you leave out masturbation?

well for your info, I will gain nothing from lying against a pastor. The interview is online, google it. Everyone in Nigeria knows he said it except you.
My brother stop being ignorant of this whole shi. The press decided to quote pastor ''out of context".
Now get this clear. While the pastor was asked questions on whole issue, this what he said:
"masturbation and abortion on their own is not a sin but what leads to this EVIL.
He went ahead to explain that the EVIL actions are are rooted in immoral thoughts and imaginations."
Mind you, am not a loveworld member, but I understand how the journalism works so on hearing this I decided to google the full interview. The press intentionally removed the EVIL and the full content of the meeting. Wether it's to promote those devilish acts or to dent the name of the pastor that I don't understand. You too bro, can go ahead and google the full interview its there online.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
Toks2008:

I started one in 2001 where many Nigerian youths were empowered in their hundreds and if you have any body who went to uniben around 2001 in engineering and medicine department you can make your confirmation and my comapny remains diamond field international.

At this point in time i was a member of the Haven and we give hundreds of thousands to GOD just for the purpose of some christembassy programes.

The Haven PCF is made up of professionals whose goal is to give to the ministry and just around November 11th in 2001 the unexpected happened..i had a terrible accident which affected mt mobility and the once vibrant young man became terribly incapacitated.

These haven member came to my place and they prayed together with me and that was it..no enquiry to my welfare or how i would manage with my life and i was left on my own for months.i spent all i had trying to get myself back to my feet and these people practically forgot i ever existed.

For confirmatory purpose im talking about the branch around alakija bus-top aong lagos badagry express way headeed then by pator tony ikoku and they know me as bro koreede so i am not making things up.

But to GOD be the glory i got back on my feet and went back to church and still remained in same haven but i got so disappointed when the haven president then announced that the members are obliged to contribute money to buy a car for the pastor who wants to celebrate his birthday and i was like WAT?

Not about the birthday gift but i was like i was totaly forgotten by thee same people and i have hardly come back to church with my bank account in red and these people are asking for this and trust me,when such task comes up and you are not able to make some contributions they will start looking at you one way....so i just turned a deaf hear and mind less whatever they may say or think.

This ws just part one of my ordeal and it was the part two that saw me making up my mind to leave Christ embassy for good.

I am not writing this to tarnish the image of any church but it is a clarion call for them to wake up to their responsibilities that they are not juyst meant to collect ofering and tithes but to really give people's life a meaning not by psyching them up but by empowering them.

GOD help me cos i still believe i will be in aposition to empower the youths once again.

Sorry about your ordeal I'm sure it was painful.

It's obvious you were really pained.

My point is this, if you experienced something like this did you talk to the leadership about it to set up a structure to ensure some one else doesn't experience the same?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
No one is against supporting church's project. But segregation starts in the house of God when money is to be paid just because you want to listen to sermon. Must the auditorium be used everytime ? Oh dear.
Boeing777pilot:

Has any poor person come to meet you that he couldn't afford the fee?

I have no issues if you have reservations about the fee but calling people gullible is highly uncalled. If I see the need to pay such an amount, I will especially if I do it willing. To say some one is gullible, is patronizing especially when it's not your money.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Toks2008(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

My point is this, if you experienced something like this did you talk to the leadership about it to set up a structure to ensure some one else doesn't experience the same?

Ofcourse i told the haven president then but as usual she was like it is well.

As for setting up a structure i am praying to go far in my political career so that i can right some wrongs.

I believe there are ways to sanitize the whole thing and these churches need to be really put right but i wont divulge much now until i find myself in a position where i can effect decisive changes.

Nice discussing with you bro..wishing you a happy new year cos i believe its a new year in some parts of the world right now.

Stay blessed.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Assslayer: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

They are just desperately after what they can get from you, you can imagine the yearly hosting pastor Chris organize is only for people who financially donates to the ministry. What happens to the cleaners and other workers in the church ?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by pedrilo: 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
this is why i dnt go to church dis days. they exhibit mind bogging hypocrisy!
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Teddeebear: 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
What is bad is bad and there's no twist to it. paying toll fee to get into a church is wrong on all levels. So the poor should do what?
get some sense, those people paying are not foolish, educated and sound people, if you don't understand keep quiet.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by aalangel(f): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:
I'm beginning to get more curious and furious about this , it has been going on for about four years now and people are not seeing anything wrong about it or i say his members are brainwashed to the highest order not to see anything wrong in this. Someone should please call this Christ Embassy church to order, every year they charge people coming to worship with them on the 31st night the sum 1000 naira as a gate fee. In the previous years they sell tickets before the show sorry i mean service, so all who wants to attend the 31st night service must come with their tickets to enter the church auditorium .

But this year they decided to craft another means of collecting this 1000 naira, they made it compulsory for each attendees to purchase an electronic gate pass for 1000naira. My question is , are they going to dance to the melody of a superstar singer or dance to sound of a superstar DJ ? Even the huge yearly program The Experience is free, someone should please call this Loveworld ministry aka Christ Embassy to order, reaping off our gullible citizens.

Nobody can call anybody to order. That's the way it is and it'll continue like that. Open thy own church.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'll just pretend I didn't see this comment. If you cannot converse like a grown adult without insulting, then you have no business in my mentions.
Teddeebear:
get some sense, those people paying are not foolish, educated and sound people, if you don't understand keep quiet.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by aalangel(f): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:

I sense you are part of is brainwashed sheeps

Are there no other better ways to control crowds than extorting money from people

How about shutting the gate when the max capacity of the auditorium is reached

Glad to be part of the brainwashed sheep.

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Teddeebear: 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
I'll just pretend I didn't see this comment. If you cannot converse like a grown adult without insulting, then you have no business in my mentions.
get some sense, as a grown adult mind you business …
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
There is no twist to this, masturbation and abortion are huge sins on their own. I watched the video the very same day it came out. Pls go to church and repent.

A pastor who doesn't know these basic things is leading his followers right where the devil wants them.

PS: you're the ignorant one.
xpac01:

My brother stop being ignorant of this whole shi. The press decided to quote pastor ''out of context".
Now get this clear. While the pastor was asked questions on whole issue, this what he said:
"masturbation and abortion on their own is not a sin but what leads to this [b]EVIL. [/b]
He went ahead to explain that the EVIL actions are are rooted in immoral thoughts and imaginations."
Mind you, am not a loveworld member, but I understand how the journalism works so on hearing this I decided to google the full interview. The press intentionally removed the EVIL and the full content of the meeting. Wether it's to promote those devilish acts or to dent the name of the pastor that I don't understand. You too bro, can go ahead and google the full interview its there online.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Assslayer: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
aalangel:

Glad to be part of the brainwashed sheep.

Good for you undecided
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by holiboy: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:

I sense you are part of is brainwashed sheeps

Are there no other better ways to control crowds than extorting money from people

How about shutting the gate when the max capacity of the auditorium is reached
sir is he forcing people to attend? Hosea 4v6
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Krayzeejhay(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'm waiting for person that'll come and say 'Touch not my anointed and my prophet no harm'..

I'll swear 4 u by 12:01am
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by xpac01(m): 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
There is no twist to this, masturbation and abortion are huge sins on their own. I watched the video the very same day it came out. Pls go to church and repent.

A pastor who doesn't know these basic things is leading his followers right where the devil wants them.

PS: you're the ignorant one.
Lol. I am ignorant in some context,
but here it's very clear you are the one ignorant here.
Illustratively, the pastor is simply saying you can't condemn a mango fruit while the tree is thriving. And bro, this is not a message in church it'wz an interview with some group journalists. Saying there's the video is like speaking in the voice of lai mohammed.
PS:

I don't engage in those evils up there. Though I used to masturbate some long time ago but through self determination and help of Jesus Christ I got freed.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Anyway, after all the verbal missiles thrown at each other, I can authoritatively tell you that the auditorium is fully packed out. I'm watching online.

So hopefully, some one will post this topic again next year, and we will all return to debate again.

I pray that God preserves your lives so that Y'all can come and criticize again ai same time, same station, next year. grin

Happy new year, peace I'm out.

Nice talking to Y'all and hopefully I should have some of you on my flight in the future.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
May God give you a brain in this new year in Jesus Name so you can decipher good from evil. If not minding my business is airing my opinion in an open forum then you need a new brain asap. I've given you a very rare privilege of replying, I won't be reading your replies no more. Good luck insulting your ancestors.
Teddeebear:
get some sense, as a grown adult mind you business …
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by riczy(m): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.
chei,dts y he was adressed as a capitalist,a lot of clergy followers nid help
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Teddeebear: 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
May God give you a brain in this new year in Jesus Name so you can decipher good from evil. If not minding my business is airing my opinion in an open forum then you need a new brain asap. I've given you a very rare privilege of replying, I won't be reading your replies no more. Good luck insulting your ancestors.
receive double brain for the new year, goodluck in using your brain
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
May God give you proper reasoning in this new year IJN, Amen!!!
xpac01:

Lol. I am ignorant in some context,
but here it's very clear you are the one ignorant here.
Illustratively, the pastor is simply saying you can't condemn a mango fruit while the tree is thriving. And bro, this is not a message in church it'wz an interview with some group journalists. Saying there's the video is like speaking in the voice of lai mohammed.
PS:

I don't engage in those evils up there. Though I used to masturbate some long time ago but through self determination and help of Jesus Christ I got freed.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by DrDunamis(m): 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:
I'm beginning to get more curious and furious about this , it has been going on for about four years now and people are not seeing anything wrong about it or i say his members are brainwashed to the highest order not to see anything wrong in this. Someone should please call this Christ Embassy church to order, every year they charge people coming to worship with them on the 31st night the sum 1000 naira as a gate fee. In the previous years they sell tickets before the show sorry i mean service, so all who wants to attend the 31st night service must come with their tickets to enter the church auditorium .

But this year they decided to craft another means of collecting this 1000 naira, they made it compulsory for each attendees to purchase an electronic gate pass for 1000naira. My question is , are they going to dance to the melody of a superstar singer or dance to sound of a superstar DJ ? Even the huge yearly program The Experience is free, someone should please call this Loveworld ministry aka Christ Embassy to order, reaping off our gullible citizens.
Uncle mind your business, what is your concern? There's a trillion and one explanations but seeing as you're unruly and disrespectful even to a church you don't deserve the answer. Calling a service a "show"... Hmm...
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
The service has started on all TV networks globally

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Khez: 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
QueenEunee:
@khez, Yes AIT will show it again tonight from 10pm... stay tuned!

Dear I'm in trouble o

AIT don fall my hands o

They ain't showing nothing o

Any other station?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Khez: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

NGN 5 million (naira) per hour on network at least for AIT. It's also airing on terrestrial and Satellite TV stations around the world.

AIt ain't showing nothing o

Una nor pay them undecided
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Khez: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:
The service has started on all TV networks globally

Pls which tv and which is your world wide, cos Ait isn't showing anything o
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
Khez:

AIt ain't showing nothing o

Una nor pay them undecided

I'm not a member ni
Be patient
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please ppl shld publicise what they know. I'm at the LCA with FREE tickets.
Btw if I have to pay to where my Man of God is I'll pay over and over again

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by jorez: 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
END TIME CHURCH,READY TO BE JUDGED BY CHRIST.PEOPLE RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by jjamani(m): 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
am enjoying myself here at the LCA ..hope you all are connected live .

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / 'Jealousy The Last Class Before Becoming A Witch' Seen On A Lorry (PHOTO) / Sex Between 12-3am Leads To Unanswered Prayers - Pastor

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.