Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary (2331 Views)

Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / Lere Olayinka Preparing For Arrest & Detention By Buhari's DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by slimfit1(m): 9:54am On Dec 31, 2015
Pidggin:

They are innocent until proven guilty. This is not about what anyone thinks, it is about following set rules that guide the judiciary.

How come we don't give thieve bail conditions as well we don't talk some of these people in jail are innocent people the same court send them to prison knowing fully well that they are innocent nobody is above the law.
We treat armed robbers worst than that so deal with it. He is lucky we didn't put tires on his head and set it on fire.
Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by Pidggin(f): 10:03am On Dec 31, 2015
slimfit1:

How come we don't give thieve bail conditions as well we don't talk some of these people in jail are innocent people the same court send them to prison knowing fully well that they are innocent nobody is above the law.
We treat armed robbers worst than that so deal with it. He is lucky we didn't put tires on his head and set it on fire.

If the thieves are granted bail then judgement of the court should be respected. If they do not meet up with the conditions of bail then they should remain locked up.

Dasuki and Kanu met the conditions of their bail. Why should PMB order the DSS to re-arrest them?

The truth is your argument is baseless and your judgements are obstructed by sentiments. You have not raised any valid points to support the President's disregard for the rule of law. I will only respond to you if you raise valid points.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by ProAnti: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:

I love it that the president is unmistaken on what awaits the treasury looters and those who threaten our unity/security. They deserve no justice from the constitution they themselves violated just because the judiciary is very compromised.

Every accused person deserve justice and a fair trial under the constitution and laws of the land. The president cannot decide for the courts- 'separation of powers'.

I like PMB's drive to clean up Nigeria but I'm scared we may all lose our civil liberties if we continue applauding the anti-democratic disposition of the DSS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by slimfit1(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Pidggin:

If the thieves are granted bail then judgement of the court should be respected. If they do not meet up with the conditions of bail then they should remain locked up.

Dasuki and Kanu met the conditions of their bail. Why should PMB order the DSS to re-arrest them?

The truth is your argument is baseless and your judgements are obstructed by sentiments. You have not raised any valid points to support the President's disregard for the rule of law. I will only respond to you if you raise valid points.

My point is our judicial system is corrupt and needs total cleansing how many of those thieves get bail condition non they give them bail conditions that is not realistic.
How did he get the money to pay such amount when we all know the amount an ordinary pensioner earns, let him show us the source of his wealth what about that.
Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by amaechi1: 10:16am On Dec 31, 2015
Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by slimfit1(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2015
ProAnti:

Every accused person deserve justice and a fair trial under the constitution and laws of the land. The president cannot decide for the courts- 'separation of powers'.

I like PMB's drive to clean up Nigeria but I'm scared we may all lose our civil liberties if we continue applauding the anti-democratic disposition of the DSS.

The moment you steal government money forget about civil liberty. The soldiers that died because of his negligence what should we call that let not defend the defenceless please it encouraging corruption please.
Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by ProAnti: 10:32am On Dec 31, 2015
slimfit1:

The moment you steal government money forget about civil liberty. The soldiers that died because of his negligence what should we call that let not defend the defenceless please it encouraging corruption please.

Whose negligence?

Nigeria becomes a lawless nation the moment people's right to defend themselves in court is trampled upon or the moment accused persons have reasons to believe court judgements will not be obeyed.

We must tread with caution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by drss(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2015
bonechamberlain:
this is the most uncivilized Democratic president, the world has ever seen.
buari dullaard is an unrepentant dictator. See he's media chat. D dullard keeps talking about 1984, as if he was not d same ruler dat was booted out with songs of joy on d streets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by chernest2002: 10:39am On Dec 31, 2015
If Buhari can not obey court rules is better we close those court houses till 2019 that is if he will not turn to mugabe of Nigeria. Buhari is a dictator and those who claps for him should be ashamed by now. What he is doing to dasuki is wrong but is good for dasuki because he dasuki is a traitor, after stabin his formal boss at back nemesis have catch up with him. But we have a dictator as president now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by dondaddycares(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:
It's not a new thing to disobey court orders especially when national security is at stake.

USA, UK, Russia and many advanced democracies have all disobeyed court orders at some point when it's issue of national security.

So, Baba is on point on this one. Love him or hate him, what you see is what you get. No deceit!

I love it that the president is unmistaken on what awaits the treasury looters and those who threaten our unity/security. They deserve no justice from the constitution they themselves violated just because the judiciary is very compromised.

Btw, Kanu called Nigeria a zoo, so what type of justice apart from jungle justice does he expect the zoo to grant him?

Bros i cant believe you can stoop so low. Please mention the instances where USA, UK, Russia has disobeyed court order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by dondaddycares(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:

There were many court orders against USA on many people detained in Guantanamo which America never honors.

A simple Google search will help you further.

Was Guantanamo Bay located within America's territorial jurisdiction? There are certain legal principles and proceedings under International law that are beyond your comprehension. Give example of any case within the US territorial jurisdiction that the government failed to obey the court order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI/DSS And The Destruction Of The Judiciary by bonechamberlain(m): 10:56am On Dec 31, 2015
drss:
buari dullaard is an unrepentant dictator. See he's media chat. D dullard keeps talking about 1984, as if he was not d same ruler dat was booted out with songs of joy on d streets.

for the fact that people still support such a man, shows you that Nigeria can never develop, especially when a large majority of the citizens are irrational thinkers. the extremist buhari would keep talking of 1984 because he hasn't realized that this is the 21st century.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Not A Happy Man / Spy Recording Pen / Yoruba Youths Spit Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.