Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award (2344 Views)

Obasanjo Lands In Minna To Join Osinbajo For Investment Summit(pics) / Buhari Receives Winners Of 2016 Nigerian National Merit Award (Photos) / Osinbajo In Asaba For Delta Economic & Investment Summit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2016
Niger Delta has been in the news since the past few days/weeks for the wrong reasons no thanks to the Niger Delta Avengers. Good News is that patriotic Niger Deltans are working round the clock to attract investment to our region. The ND Investment Summit will hold in the beautiful Uyo, Akwa Ibom state and to be chaired by HE Gov Emmanuel Gabriel Udom.

Live Update will be published on Twitter, Palmchat an Nairaland

See Release:
GLOBAL BUSINESS LEADERS TO CONVERGE IN UYO FOR NIGER DELTA INVESTMENT SUMMIT

The Management of Newaves Innovation, an organization with a cutting-edge passion to set the pace for development in the Niger Delta is set to host the NIGER DELTA INVESTMENT SUMMIT, an initiative conceptualized to identify/formulate new favorable regulations that will help stimulate and grow the local business economy through new investment opportunities in the Niger Delta region. This summit also seeks to create a deeper understanding of some investment concepts and also look at the emerging potential markets that are destined to be prominent in the present economic dispensation.

Speaking at a Press briefing in Abuja, the Director of Programs, Barr. Tonye Rex Idaminabo, said that the summit which will be declared open by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Emmanuel is a gathering of economic experts, heads of global markets, investment analyst, chief executive officers, entrepreneurs, leaders of emerging major markets, captains of industries, local and foreign investors and experts in various fields of endeavor from within and outside the Niger Delta region.

According to Idaminabo, 2016 Niger Delta Investment Summit which will attract Direct investments worth over 500billion Naira is recognized as one of the most innovative programs in the Niger Delta that seeks to focus on strategically attracting both local and foreign investors to the oil rich region and as well as identify new investment opportunities in the Niger Delta region.

The two day summit will feature the 7th NIGER DELTA ACHIEVERS’ MERIT AWARD, the exhibition sessions and a platform for participants to build and develop their ideas by rubbing minds with fellow experts in various industries.

The 7th Niger Delta Achievers’ Merit Award recognizes and honors illustrious sons and daughters of the region for their support and hard work in building a formidable force in their various fields of endeavor. These outstanding professionals and corporate organizations through their achievements have played a key role in advancing the Niger Delta while encouraging the younger generation to see greater possibilities for their own future

The theme for this year’s summit is:
“BUILDING A PROSPEROUS REGION ON THE PILLARS OF PEACE, SECURITY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT”
Aside the theme focus, the Director of Programs described the summit as an instrument for regional integration and economic development. The event is scheduled to hold on 23rd -24th June 2016 at the Le’ Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Participation is now open to the general public,
Kindly register online to attend.

Visit www.ndama.ng
Contact our Public Relations Unit on info@ndama.ng or 08173555445 & 07014440000.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2016
Niger Delta is not about militancy and economic sabotage, I believe that this summit will attract investment to our region and create employment.

Those wiling to attend should register. Participants will connect and network with high profile delegates.

Niger Delta Must Work....

3 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Pavarottii(m): 8:54am On May 13, 2016
Nice one from Niger Delta region.

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01am On May 13, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala and Dominique

Source: From The Source

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Africonji: 9:15am On May 13, 2016
Nice on @ TonyeBarcanista. Only Niger Deltans like yourself can help change the currently unfavourable narrative of the ND being a perpetually volatile region into one of boundless economic potential and promise. Though some enemies of the region would rather egg on the militant few to perpetuate that myopic narrative, be encouraged and continue highlighting the positives of a people who are yet to unleash their immensely promising and under tapped potentials. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2016
Africonji:
Nice on @ TonyeBarcanista. Only Niger Deltans like yourself can help change the currently unfavourable narrative of the ND being a perpetually volatile region into one of boundless economic potential and promise. Though some enemies of the region would rather egg on the militant few to perpetuate that myopic narrative, be encouraged and continue highlighting the positives of a people who are yet to unleash their immensely promising and under tapped potentials. Kudos
God Bless You Sir!

The media in Nigeria are interested in dishing negative reports from our region and neglecting positives. They paint our region as dangerous and volatile while ignoring our prospect. Every society have their challenges, ND is not different.

However, we can't accept using the negative to represent our image.

Niger Delta must work

7 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2016
Pavarottii:
Nice one from Niger Delta region.
Thank my boss

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by CACAWA(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
God Bless You Sir!

The media in Nigeria are interested in dishing negative reports from our region and neglecting positives. They paint our region as dangerous and volatile while ignoring our prospect. Every society have their challenges ND is not different. However, we can't accept using the negative to represent our image.

Niger Delta must work
lol

So we should not report pipeline vandalism or the threats to blow up Lagos?

Until you guys produce Tompolo, there will be confidence in the rule of law and security in the ND region.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:32am On May 13, 2016
CACAWA:
lol

Until you guys produce Tompolo, there will be confidence in the rule of law and security in the ND region.

Since when has it become the responsibility of citizens to do the job of government and security agencies?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by EzePromoe: 9:34am On May 13, 2016
CACAWA:
lol

No, it's not what he meant. The media sometimes exaggerate bad news to attract viewers and readers all to the detriment of the Niger Delta but we're calling on eminent Niger Deltans all around the globe to invest in Niger Delta.
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Nobody: 9:38am On May 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
God Bless You Sir!

The media in Nigeria are interested in dishing negative reports from our region and neglecting positives. They paint our region as dangerous and volatile while ignoring our prospect. Every society have their challenges, ND is not different.

However, we can't accept using the negative to represent our image.

Niger Delta must work
your nigerdelta will alwAYS BE a third world shithole. wheres the ibaka seaport?did akpabio and his stooge not refuse to build the seaport because he hated and marginalizd oron people? dream on about your stupid nigerdelta people.stupid and slavish nigerdelta wil always be slaves. goodluck jonathan was there.did he help his place? stvpid people,stvpid people

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by MasterofNL: 9:39am On May 13, 2016
This is good job Tonyebarcanista, I hope the Niger Delta gets the best from this summit.

Niger Delta's development must be commensurate with what it has given to Nigeria so far.

Niger Delta must have a functional deep seaport, we cannot all continue to queue up in Lagos.
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by MasterofNL: 9:39am On May 13, 2016
jackman4:
[s]your nigerdelta will alwAYS BE a third world shithole. wheres the ibaka seaport?did akpabio and his stooge not refuse to build the seaport because he hates oron people? dream on about your stupid nigerdelta[/s]

A state governor alone cannot build a deep seaport, it is an FG project.

Was it Lagos state that built Apapa port?
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by MasterofNL: 9:41am On May 13, 2016
CACAWA:
lol

Tompolo is there, why is it taking Buhari eternity to arrest him?
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:42am On May 13, 2016
I would be happy to attend it. Ok
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2016
jackman4:
your nigerdelta will alwAYS BE a third world shithole. wheres the ibaka seaport?did akpabio and his stooge not refuse to build the seaport because he hates oron people? dream on about your stupid nigerdelta
Pls let's not politicise this. I'm neither an Oron or Ibibio. I'm not even from Akwa Ibom state. my interest is to see ND develop irrespective of location. Whether Asaba or Calabar, we need investment and to make our area an economic hub.

BTW You can attend the summit and make case for Ibaka seaport....

2 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Nobody: 9:46am On May 13, 2016
MasterofNL:

A state governor alone cannot build a deep seaport, it is an FG project.

Was it Lagos state that built Apapa port?
why didnt good luck jonathan build it? aLSO WHY DIDNT he upgrade maritime academy to university and also even build another maritime university at his village? ****
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:47am On May 13, 2016
MasterofNL:
This is good job Tonyebarcanista, I hope the Niger Delta gets the best from this summit.

Niger Delta's development must be commensurate with what it has given to Nigeria so far.

Niger Delta must have a functional deep seaport, we cannot all continue to queue up in Lagos.
Absolutely!

How can we get investors when the media is deliberately playing down on our positives and prospects? We are not militants and we are hospitable people.

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53am On May 13, 2016
EzePromoe:
No, it's not what he meant. The media sometimes exaggerate bad news to attract viewers and readers all to the detriment of the Niger Delta but we're calling on eminent Niger Deltans all around the globe to invest in Niger Delta.
That is my problem.
When DSS operatives was killed in Ikorodu by vandals, the Yoruba NEVER used it to paint Ikorodu or Lagos as unsafe. but when pipeline goes off in a fraction of Warri, the ENTIRE ND is projected as unsafe.

is that fair?
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by MasterofNL: 9:59am On May 13, 2016
jackman4:
why didnt good luck jonathan build it? aLSO WHY DIDNT he upgrade maritime academy to university and also even build another maritime university at his village? stvpid nigerdelta slaves.stvpid people,stvpid people.you will be slaves forever.you have wronged your brothers and created too many enemies within.

Mynd44
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by MasterofNL: 10:01am On May 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That is my problem.
When DSS operatives was killed in Ikorodu by vandals, the Yoruba NEVER used it to paint Ikorodu or Lagos as unsafe. but when pipeline goes off in a fraction of Warri, the ENTIRE ND is projected as unsafe.

is that fair?

The Yorubas controlling the media are ones doing this and it is deliberate.

The aim is to give investors the impression that only the SW is okay for investment.

The same way they quickly turn any religious crises to Igbo vs hausa to save the necks of their people.

I am Igbo and we want rapid development for Niger Delta.

Just tell me why after several years of drilling oil from the Niger Delta there is no viable seaport in the region?

The ND people have to wait for refined products to land in Lagos.

Imagine!
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by EzePromoe: 10:16am On May 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That is my problem.

is that fair?
Not fair. PH City is as safe as Lagos and Abuja. Violence happens everywhere but the media escalate the pains and outrages. That is why the Niger Delta should create as many media outfits as feasible to always preach our rich and inviting business clime and tell them that what happens in Warri doesn't affect the residents of other states and vice versa. Calabar in the Niger Delta is the safest city in the country.
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Nobody: 10:33am On May 13, 2016
anorher avenue for trouble
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2016
MasterofNL:

The Yorubas controlling the media are ones doind this and it is deliberate.

The aim is to give investors the impression that only the SW is okay for investment.

The same way they quickly turn any religious crises to Igbo vs hausa to say the necks of their people.

Just tell me why after several years of drilling oil from the Niger Delta there is no viable seaport in the region?

Imagine!
Sometimes I blame our own people. we don't know how to market ourselves even when the media demarket us.

The Yoruba will always watch out for their own interest FIRST,same I believe we all should. The Igbo are promoting their own good deeds, it is our time to push ours.

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:38am On May 13, 2016
EzePromoe:
Not fair. PH City is as safe as Lagos and Abuja. Violence happens everywhere but the media escalate the pains and outrages. That is why the Niger Delta should create as many media outfits as feasible to always preach our rich and inviting business clime and tell them that what happens in Warri doesn't affect the residents of other states and vice versa. Calabar in the Niger Delta is the safest city in the country.
Exactly! I don't see how the crises in Warriors affects Calabar..
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Udmaster(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2016
The Yoruba media outlet have done a lot of damage in demonizing the Niger Delta and dragging the foreign investors to Lagos.
Marketing is an important strategy in any sector.
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by obongitiad(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2016
MasterofNL:

The same way they quickly turn any religious crises to Igbo vs hausa to save the necks of their people.

Imagine!

U make sense sha.

But we keep blaming FG, yoruba and hausa.

Niger Delta has: 1. The Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.
2. Niger Delta Development Commission.
3. 13% Derivation fund for all oil producing states.
4. The governors of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Edo, etc have each received at least N1 trillion in the past 8years.

What do the Niger Delta people have to show for all these?

I know say Federal Government no dey try at all. But the bible says, "He that is faithful in little, shall be faithful in much."

What wd u think of someone earning N300k every month for over 5yrs and he doesnt own a plot of land or any asset anywia in the world, but complains daily of being underpaid?

2 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:53am On May 13, 2016
obongitiad:

U make sense sha.

But we keep blaming FG, yoruba and hausa.

Niger Delta has: 1. The Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.
2. Niger Delta Development Commission.
3. 13% Derivation fund for all oil producing states.
4. The governors of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Edo, etc have each received at least N1 trillion in the past 8years.

What do the Niger Delta people have to show for all these?

I know say Federal Government no dey try at all. But the bible says, "He that is faithful in little, shall be faithful in much."

What wd u think of someone earning N300k every month for over 5yrs and he doesnt own a plot of land or any asset anywia in the world, but complains daily of being underpaid?
No need to tribalise it.
Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Musiwa419: 11:58am On May 13, 2016
MasterofNL:

Imagine!
You are ibo and it is expected for you to blame yoruba as usual. Which Newspaper has been giving us a daily report of the militant activities of the so called niger delta avengers? Is it not Vanguard Newspaper? Is vanguard not owned by Sam Amuka who is also a niger deltan himself from sapele in delta state.

Isnt it even your own ibo brothers that have been egging the militants on. Check out the threads here on nairaland and see how your ibo brothers support the activities of the militant. I dont need to ask you to go read the comments on the radio biafra face book page.

1 Like

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Musiwa419: 12:05pm On May 13, 2016
Udmaster:
The Yoruba media outlet have done a lot of damage in demonizing the Niger Delta and dragging the foreign investors to Lagos.
Here we go again. So the ''Yoruba mass media'' are responsible for the volatility in the Niger Delta? Who owns sahara reporters? Is it not Omoyele Sowere, an Arogbo-Ijaw from this same Niger Delta? What about Vangaurd owned by sam amuka; STV by Ben Bruce, Raypower/AIT by raymond dokpesi; Channelt TV by Tony Momoh etc etc. Are all these media moguls not from the Niger Delta? What have they done to present the Niger Delta in a positive light? Dont bother answering, you can keep blaming the yoruba mass media

3 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by Poweredbreww: 12:38pm On May 13, 2016
Udmaster:

Typical tout, blaming everyone for there own misfortune. Shame uno get

3 Likes

Re: Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award by theV0ice: 12:45pm On May 13, 2016
MasterofNL:

Is it the Yoruba that have been opening threads up and down to praise the 'warriors' blowing up pipelines and setting devastating fires to your environment?

When the Yoruba tell you its idiotic to burn down your father's house because you're angry with a visitor, what have you or your comrades being telling them?

Are you no longer angling for a fight? Are you getting scared of confrontation?

You better blow up the Niger bridge to gain the sort of attention you want for the avengers. Its too early to start seeking development. Destroy first like the avengers, then we'll talk about rebuilding like the mumu boko haram people.

Imagine!

Making me wonder why GEJ spent 2.5years as VP, 5.5years as President, sold oil at record prices for 3 years, yet couldn't mould a single block to start the project.

Was he bewitched?

Meanwhile, it shall never be well with whoever will ask the hooligans to stop bombing. They must continue till they destroy everything.

Its just unfortunate that the akwa ibom people are too wise on issues like this. I hope they too can join the idiocy and blow Eket and Mobil away into oblivion. That way the whole ND will speak in unison.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kachikwu Will Face EFCC , DSS--- Buhari. / And All Of A Sudden, Where Are The Abiola (MKO) Billions? / Meet Oyo State Governor Elect; Seyi Makinde Biography At A Glance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.