Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Facts About Dud Cheque - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facts About Dud Cheque (41798 Views)

Otedola Presenting 100M Cheque To Fashola (Throwback Photo) / Bounced/dud Cheque And Its Legal Consequences. / CBN Mulls Fresh N50 Charge On Cheque Leaflets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Generalwoodz(m): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2022
dayleke:

Unfortunately your last seen date is April 1st 2020
He didn't believe this post would grace the front-page. He faithfully held on for 5 solid years but ran out of Faith in 2020.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Osyxcel(m): 10:04am On Jun 04, 2022
kelechiodo:

Pls someone issued me a cheque in a hurry without opening it and the bank bounced it. I've been calling him to open the cheque but he refused. Can I take him to efcc on the basis of dud cheque.
This matter has lingered for 3 years. Unfortunately I'm no longer staying in the same town with him.

The cheque must have been stale by now, if not, I would have said you should pay it into your account (may have to go through clearing).
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by LollySeaSide: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2022
Why does the woman has a dud face?
I'm asking for a friend.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Decentlyproud(m): 10:07am On Jun 04, 2022
I think any person that issued dud cheque should be published on credit bureaus same way we have for credit facilities. That would bring a little form of sanity.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by kelechiodo(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

How was it close? General or specific (that is, tied to a particular person), if it's General, you just present an account you want the money to be paid to, if it's specific, I don't know what you can do, other than talk to the person to lift it.
You can pursue your debt through other means but not under the dud cheque rules.
Thanks for prompt response. He did not sign across the line in the front of the cheque. The point is that he was owning me and refused to pay knowing fully I was no longer in the same town with him. One day I traveled to the town and met him accidentally, he quickly apologized and offered to pay by cheque and that's how I received the cheque. I still wonder what made me not to cross-check it thoroughly.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by dayleke: 10:08am On Jun 04, 2022
Generalwoodz:
He didn't believe this post would grace the front-page. He faithfully held on for 5 solid years but ran out of Faith in 2020.

So sad.... cry
Maybe he got another moniker tho.....

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2022
People still use cheques?
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by OlujobaSamuel: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2022
kelechiodo:

Thanks for prompt response. He did not sign across the line in the front of the cheque. The point is that he was owning me and refused to pay knowing fully I was no longer in the same town with him. One day I traveled to the town and met him accidentally, he quickly apologized and offered to pay by cheque and that's how I received the cheque. I still wonder what made me not to cross-check it thoroughly.
I'm not sure that should stop you from getting paid.
He needs to do that only if he wants you to get the money in cash over the counter.
In as much as the cheque is properly signed, there is no need for that. Just give the bank an account you want the money paid to and you get your money.
The likely cause of rejection could be that he has informed the bank not to honour that cheque before your arrival to the bank, so the bank will just tell you to take it back to the owner.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Bobloco: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2022
thirty:
Have you experienced this embarrassing situation before where you confidently walk into a bank to cash a cheque only to be told by the cashier that there is no money in the account? This has happened to a lot of people and that type of cheque is known as a dud cheque.

The cashier is not supposed to inform you ( the payee) that there is no money in the drawer account.
In fact the punishment for such offence is outright dismissal

1 Like

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by madgoat(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2022
dayleke:

So sad.... cry
Maybe he got another moniker tho.....

Or maybe he's dead sad
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by FireUpNow(m): 10:39am On Jun 04, 2022
How can I handle a NEPA official I paid money to for prepaid meter and I haven't received my meter for over a year and also NEPA offered once space to issue the meter to another person? I need advice before I go injure NEPA official?
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Lamasta(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2022
It is evil and wicked to issue a cheque to a client for service rendered knowing fully well the account from which the cheque is issued has insufficient balance....
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Lamasta(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2022
Bobloco:

The cashier is not supposed to inform you ( the payee) that there is no money in the drawer account.
In fact the punishment for such offence is outright dismissal
I don't understand your statement? Is it that the cashier is supposed to inform you that the account the cheque is supposed to be paid from has no sufficient balance or the cashier is not supposed to inform you the payee which one abeg clarify the statement properly for better understanding
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Bobloco: 10:48am On Jun 04, 2022
Lamasta:

I don't understand your statement? Is it that the cashier is supposed to inform you that the account the cheque is supposed to be paid from has no sufficient balance or the cashier is not supposed to inform you the payee which one abeg clarify the statement properly for better understanding

Read what I quoted, this time slowly

Have you experienced this embarrassing situation before where you confidently walk into a bank to cash a cheque only to be told by the cashier that there is no money in the account? This has happened to a lot of people and that type of cheque is known as a dud cheque.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Lamasta(m): 10:51am On Jun 04, 2022
Bobloco:

Read what I quoted, this time slowly

I said I don't understand your response I quoted that you should make it understandable you are referring me to who you quoted? You sure say you go fit teach like this grin
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Bobloco: 11:07am On Jun 04, 2022
Lamasta:

I said I don't understand your response I quoted that you should make it understandable you are referring me to who you quoted? You sure say you go fit teach like this grin

Ok,
Some body give you cheque, you majestically enter bank to Cash the cheque, cashier collects the cheque from you to process unfortunately money no dey the account, now the cashier is not supposed to inform you that there is no money in the account.

Shey you get

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Billjay7: 11:09am On Jun 04, 2022
So educative. But not all Dud cheques comes in play because of unfunded accounts. Some are "drawer's confirmation not sought" or inconsistent signatures.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Lamasta(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2022
Bobloco:

Ok,
Some body give you cheque, you majestically enter bank to Cash the cheque, cashier collects the cheque from you to process unfortunately money no dey the account, now the cashier is not supposed to inform you that there is no money in the account.

Shey you get

Is it not an offense for the cashier not to inform you that there is no money in the account the cheque was issued from
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Cutehector(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2022
As a staff of a bank, never own a cheque book.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Decentlyproud(m): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2022
Bobloco:

Ok,

Shey you get

To me I don't see it as an offence, cos on several occasions I have seen cashier written 'ANF' on cheques during the course of clearing meaning account not funded.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Bobloco: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Lamasta:

Is it not an offense for the cashier not to inform you that there is no money in the account the cheque was issued from

No, the Best the cashier can do is to inform you to get back to the person that issue you the cheque writing on the cheque "DOB" drawer attention required

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by kingphilip(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
kelechiodo:

Pls someone issued me a cheque in a hurry without opening it and the bank bounced it. I've been calling him to open the cheque but he refused. Can I take him to efcc on the basis of dud cheque.
This matter has lingered for 3 years. Unfortunately I'm no longer staying in the same town with him.
You would have paid it into your account then o.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by NaijaCars4sale: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2022
Very informative
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Amalekki: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
More of this please. Thank you OP and Nairaland for this educative thread.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by kelechiodo(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm not sure that should stop you from getting paid.
He needs to do that only if he wants you to get the money in cash over the counter.
In as much as the cheque is properly signed, there is no need for that. Just give the bank an account you want the money paid to and you get your money.
The likely cause of rejection could be that he has informed the bank not to honour that cheque before your arrival to the bank, so the bank will just tell you to take it back to the owner.
Thanks brother, you said it all. I remembered that he called me the next day early in the morning informing me that he had issue with the account and need to rectify it that day and asked me to go to the bank the next day. Chai, now I understand. So the man really duped me. No problem. I'll now make out time for him. Thanks so much for this clarification.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by nurez305(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
aidameoryou:

Oga read the ones you like and ignore the ones you don't.

This is a platform for the general and not your personal journal.

If you want to always read news, there are over 20 newspaper sites in Nigeria.
Read all of them one after the other, you'll be fine.

don't quote me tho, do what I asked ist.
I have read your quote like 10times and I don't see any correlation between my post and your response. What a rude brain dead kid
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by aidameoryou: 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
nurez305:
I have read your quote like 10times and I don't see any correlation between my post and your response. What a rude brain dead kid

The fact you read my simplest writeup 10 times to understand it shows how moronic you are.

And next is talking about being a kid grin
Old Methuselah, your mates ain't supposed to be here....idiotic slowpoke
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by Wwwq: 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Really
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by mickyeddi(m): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
That woman looks like extraterrestrial.
Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by misskenny(f): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
This happened to someone I know, and the person that issued the cheque is walking away with goods worth #4M.

Not a regular customer and the number is no longer available/reachable.

angry angry

1 Like

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by dayleke: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2022
madgoat:

Or maybe he's dead sad

Chai!!!!!

Bros, you no get joy o.... sad

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Dud Cheque by folake4u(f): 6:55am On Jun 05, 2022
misskenny:
This happened to someone I know, and the person that issued the cheque is walking away with goods worth #4M.

Not a regular customer and the number is no longer available/reachable.

angry angry

Wow. That's serious. Did the person report to the prosecuting authorities?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / How To Make Constant Winning Bet Using "Duoble Chance" Market. / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.