Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (70409 Views)

Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / Cars Manufactured By Presidential Amnesty Programme Beneficiaries (Photos) / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Sincere4u:

U should be able to tell the difference between IVM and Zahav before insulting people.

Sincere4u, please don't waste your time on that sick/mad man @ waffenSS. He was born with intellectual disability and has also developed a mental disorder. Just ignore him. Smart guy like you can't reason with such an intellectually handicap individual. He always talk out of point in all his comments. His family should send him to a psychiatric home in Benin republic if there is non in Nigeria.
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by ariesbull: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2016
G
bitingcool:

Okay oo, But when it comes to biafra things, my brother, forget Edo, Delta, Rivers and even calabar in your 'igbo/ibo' claims. We will never ever support you. U heard?

Mechie onu ..are u the spokesman
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by mrtheo33: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2016
INTROVERT:
I don't see a muscle sports car so am so not interested.
AND WHO CARES ABT UR INTEREST.
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by chiefobdk(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2016
WaffenSS:

Keep consoling yourselves with propaganda. You're not fooling anyone but yourselves.

no u need to console Ur hatred. I just stated d obvious.

why hating. this is 2016. no let d hate follow u enter
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by chiefobdk(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2016
gemale:

Oga stop being a pessimist. A baby doesn't start walking on d day it's born. Let's encourage him as he has started assembling in 9ja. Wt good local patronage, wholesome government policy & available skilled workforce , he can then ascend 2 manufacturing d parts in 9ja.

stop responding to d ignorant yorubastard.

innoson umu
and innoson Fox. sedan model designed wholly by innoson company..

take it or go and die
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by chiefobdk(m): 7:56am On Jan 01, 2016
a-review-of-innoson-ivm-fox-and-umu

I know some will wonder why I decided to put up a car review post in a politics blog. But we are not talking of just any other car. You are about to see the first ever passenger sedans to be conceptualised, designed and built by Nigerians, nay Africans in Africa. Welcome to Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd (IVM) the first ever Nigerian Auto maker located in the industrial Anambra state town of Nnewi. Before now, the company has manufactured amongst other things, vehicles that include Buses of all sizes, Dustbin Trucks and Pick-up trucks. In December 2014 however dues to popular demand, they rolled out for the first time from its assembly plant in Umudim, Nnewi, sedans or what we call saloon cars in this part of the globe. A bit of a car freak myself, I couldn't help but ask the owner of a brand new Innoson Fox I saw parked beside my office for a little spin, and thankfully she agreed. I shall describe my experience with the Fox model in the subsequent paragraph and also briefly portray the Umu model. Innoson IVM Fox 2014 Hatchback Sedan The Fox rolled off the assembly line for the first time in December 2014. It was initially named Innoson "Taxi" but after public outcry on the seemingly degrading name, the company decided to change it to "Fox" instead. Fox is a better nomenclature if you ask me. Exterior - A first look at it will immediately captivate you, with a sleek and slender body and nice curves well streamlined. The headlamps and tail lights are well placed and also beautifully designed. From afar you would think you were looking at a typical Honda City sedan because the facade is quite similar. The front grille is also easy to notice with the "IVM" logo boldly inscribed on it. The rear and side views looks more like any other modern hatchback on the road. It also comes with power mirrors with trafficating lights inbuilt. Interior - If you thought the exterior was too good to be true considering the fact that it is "made in Nigeria" then wait till you see the interior of this Nnewi beauty. What greets your eyes is a nicely outlaid dashboard with a fuel gauge, tachometer, speedometer and temperature gague lined up in that order. It also has what looks like a cup holder, though not very big. The sitting arrangement can comfortably take 5 people with 2 in front and 3 at the rear. The boot is also spacious enough for a hatchback. The driver's compartment is okay but not very comfortable for a 6 foot tall guy like me as i had to adjust the seat all the way back to feel cosy. Other feautures are a display screen, automatic foldable rearview mirror, urban navigation equipment and four airbags for the driver and front passenger and the sides. Oh, and I almost forgot, it also comes with a chilling air- conditioning system. Engine and Transmission - The Innoson Fox is powered by a 1.5 litre engine which I learnt is made by Mitsubishi. It also comes with a 5-speed manual (some other trims have a 4-speed automatic) transmission. Changing gear on the manual is easy and soft and the car moves and steers well although you would feel the light weight of the car as you push past 60km/hr. It also does a decent number of miles to the gallon thanks to its commendable fuel efficient engine. It picks up speed quite good though not as much as you would expect, but of course it is a small 4 cylinder engine. Pricing - The price tags start from N1.4m for Manual Transmission and starts from between N1.6m to N1.9m for the Automatic. At this point I would advise that the company goes into some kind of partnership with banks and other financial institution for a sort of installment payment regime. This will go a long way in attracting more prospective buyers who will take advantage of the flexible payment plan. Other car companies like Kia, Hyundai, Toyota and Honda had done same in the past with remarkable success. Innoson IVM Umu Model Strange name right? Well it may interest you to know that IVM Umu was named after the location of the IVM factory in Umudim, Nnewi. Umu is a bigger offering with a more powerful (2.0 litre) engine than its sibling. The sedan won many hearts at the roll-out ceremony late last year with its sleek, modern silhouette – the kind of commanding presence that gets many Japanese and European products noticed. Some of the salient features the car flaunts are USB auxiliary interface, four airbags and a provision for urban navigation system. Innoson also says that fuel efficiency is another unique selling point of the Umu. I also learnt that another model, the IVM Uzo, a seven seater mini-van (or mini-bus) will soon be unveiled. It would look very much like a Toyota Sienna or a Honda Oddysey mini-van in concept. In conclusion one remarkable thing about Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing is that it sources over 70% of its raw materials locally. This figure is billed to rise according to the company as they work towards making their vehicles fully Nigerian. The chairman/CEO of Innoson group, Chief Innocent Chukwu mentioned this last year when he said that very strategic to the operations of the Nnewi auto plant was Innoson Technical and Industrial Co. Ltd, a highly successful general and industrial plastic products manufacturing sister company in Emene-Enugu, which supplies all plastic and rubber components in all Innoson vehicles, including the new passenger cars. Sundry parts and accessories are also sourced from the famous Nnewi auto industrial cluster, including Ibeto, Omatha Holdings, Chicason (A-Z Petroleum) and Cutix Cables, among others. This is indeed good news especially against the backdrop of the fact that the promotion of local content development is a major target of the Federal Government's auto policy which also recognises Nnewi as one of the three industrial clusters where auto parts produced for the assembly plants will be tested and certified. Innoson has started well and I wish they sustain the tempo. Lastly they also seriously need to work on their public relations and marketing department. People need to know about them and their products especially now that they have introduced passenger sedans which many Nigerians would be interested in. Their website also needs to be frequently updated. As I write, no single information can be found on their website regarding their latest products, one of the reasons I embarked on this write-up in the first place. (Reviewer - Nonso Ndibe)

http://www.ndibe.org/2015/04/a-review-of-innoson-ivm-fox-and-umu.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by chiefobdk(m): 7:59am On Jan 01, 2016
In conclusion one remarkable thing about Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing is that it sources over 70% of its raw materials locally. This figure is billed to rise according to the company as they work towards making their vehicles fully Nigerian. The chairman/CEO of Innoson group, Chief Innocent Chukwu mentioned this last year when he said that very strategic to the operations of the Nnewi auto plant was Innoson Technical and Industrial Co. Ltd, a highly successful general and industrial plastic products manufacturing sister company in Emene-Enugu, which supplies all plastic and rubber components in all Innoson vehicles, including the new passenger cars. Sundry parts and accessories are also sourced from the famous Nnewi auto industrial cluster, including Ibeto, Omatha Holdings, Chicason (A-Z Petroleum) and Cutix Cables, among others. This is indeed good news especially against the backdrop of the fact that the promotion of local content development is a major target of the Federal Government's auto policy which also recognises Nnewi as one of the three industrial clusters where auto parts produced for the assembly plants will be tested and certified. Innoson has started well and I wish they sustain the tempo

1 Like

Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by opius: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2016
NOT BAD AT ALL
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by EagleNest(m): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2016
Nonybb:
If Buhari declares that Godwin Emefiele and Ibe Kachikwu are Igbos, he is not wrong. Someone must not be from your own village, speak the same brand of Igbo with you before you know he is Igbo. Ostensibly I know that Buhari is an error as a leader, but with his recent statement, he was able to prove that he understood Igbo tribe more than some Igbos. Hausa tribe had been able to merge themselves with the Fulanis, calling themselves Hausa-Fulanis and that is why they had been able to repeatedly dominate Nigeria politically. We must take advantage and cognizant of this tribal alliance the Northerners had been using as an advantage. When appointments are given to Anioma people of Delta state, Ikwere people of Rivers state, Igbanke people of Edo state, etc, let us collectively see it as Igbo man fully appointed. Let there be no contention amongst us, and lets get ride of that supremacist mentality of one state being more Igbo than the other. We are all Igbos as long as we can pick one or two similarities between within our Igbo spoken language.

Excellent! That's the way it should be. Spot on.

Geographical boundaries does not mean language or cultural boundaries.

Ohanaeze should propagate this message.
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 01, 2016
WaffenSS:

The link, Gullible Idiot N0 17, is to illustrate how others are in the same line of business as Innoson.

Your link wasn't relevant.
IVM isn't just a China thing so try to educate yourself on the company. The % of locally fabricated part is what matters and that is what you should have addressed rather than acting like Mega-idiot in uploading an irrelevant link.

1 Like

Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2016
lovings:

Sincere4u, please don't waste your time on that sick/mad man @ waffenSS. He was born with intellectual disability and has also developed a mental disorder. Just ignore him. Smart guy like you can't reason with such an intellectually handicap individual. He always talk out of point in all his comments. His family should send him to a psychiatric home in Benin republic if there is non in Nigeria.

You are on.point bro.
Talking of one company and giving us link to another company is the height of senselessness.
I'm aware Innoson is in partnership with industries in several countries that include Japan, China and Germany for parts that can't be sourced locally but these are like raw materials in the manufacturing process and the finished good is "made in Nigeria".
All automobile or aircraft manufacturing companies source parts from within and outside its country's boundaries. The more industrialised the country the greater the % of local content but whatever the situation, the finished good identifies with the country in which all the raw materials were brought together.
Innoson has taken off in grand style, making cars that could compete favourably in the global market. That is something every true patriot should be proud of.

3 Likes

Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
Ioannes:

there is no ethnic bashing here.

we need to get our facts right before those oyinbo people start laughing at us.

there is a wide gap between assemblage and manufacturing.

no need fooling ourselves because we want to make ourselves happy, or puff ourselves up.

we need to face reality. this ain't the first time Nigeria is assembling cars, we used to assemble Peugeot.

so if we are celebrating assembly plants in Nigeria I see it as a step backwards.
There is no demarcation between "assembly" and "manufacture" in the automobile world.
Both terms are used interchangeably. So, Innoson can be accurately described as either an auto manufacturer or assembler.

1 Like

Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by lyterydim(m): 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
WaffenSS:

You're right that he's targeting only one region in the fight against corruption. Dasuki, Bafarawa, Yugudu, Sule Lamido, they're all from the southeast.
and how many of those guys you mention are in apc?
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by mark3009(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
gemale:

Let them place their order & deposit a certain percentage. Dis influx of funds wld convince Innoson 2 increase production & supply their cars @ d agreed period in which he wld b paid in full. Something lyk dt layaway service companies offer in d US.
U are funny. u want people to deposit money to buy vehicles they can simply walk into any car shop and buy cash and carry. What is innoson offering that would motivate customers to wait like this. Let him go and study how kia broke into the auto market and established themselves as one of the biggest auto brands.
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by gemale(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
mark3009:

U are funny. u want people to deposit money to buy vehicles they can simply walk into any car shop and buy cash and carry. What is innoson offering that would motivate customers to wait like this. Let him go and study how kia broke into the auto market and established themselves as one of the biggest auto brands.
Maybe lower prices or beta afta sales services... Bt Nigerians sldnt let dis company die. It cold serve as a stepping stone 2 launch us in2 d technological age.
Re: Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) by Techcrunchng(m): 8:16am On May 09, 2018
Let's keep progressing, my own company is yet to unveil

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Meets Snake While Coming Down From Her Husband's Car, Then This Happened / How Does Burst Silencer/exhaust Affect Fuel Consumption? / Nigerians Amazed As N1billion Bugatti Veyron Land In Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.