Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy (4390 Views)

Help, Dogs In Danger (bull Mastiff And Cross-breed Alsatian) / Neapolitan Mastiff And Rottweiller Puppy For Sale / Neapolitan Mastiff And Rotweiller Of A Very High Pedigree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by miremoses(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
many persons have being confused on how to identify a bull mastiff and a boerboel..well!only a pro can differntiate the two top breed..i saw a post here where sum1 posted a pix of a bull mastiff,claiming its a boer boel..some people even believe that a boer boel has d colour of black mask and tan body while bull mastiff is milkish(how my palz call it)with black mask...while thats not how to clasify this breeds...boer boels have many colour variation such as black etc..i saw a chat between two novice arguein that boer boel are natural born with short tails while bull mastiff come with thick long tails..i just laughted at them telling them they have a lot to learn..
Anyway i have a little test for us the pet lovers and breeders..to classify these breeds below and tell us which one is a bull mastiff and which is a boer boer..and also tell us the potentials/characteristics of each breed...i will say mine when u have said urs

Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
I think the second dog is a Bull Mastiff.... My reason being his heavily wrinkled face.

While the first is a South African Boer Boel.

The more handsome of the two (first dog) is an SA Boer Boel while the uglier second dog is a Bull Mastiff.

http://sargethrust.co.za/bullmastiff-breed-standard/bullmastiff-vs-boerboel/ read the standard difference here.

So op I get am or fail Am?

1 Like

Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by miremoses(m): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bubewilson:
I think the second dog is a Bull Mastiff.... My reason being his heavily wrinkled face.

While the first is a South African Boer Boel.

The more handsome of the two (first dog) is an SA Boer Boel while the uglier second dog is a Bull Mastiff.

http://sargethrust.co.za/bullmastiff-breed-standard/bullmastiff-vs-boerboel/ read the standard difference here.

So op I get am or fail Am?
...i wil score u later..lets see others opinion
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by Surely63(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2016
To me I think the first one is a bullmastiff due to its kinda Long and blunt face while the second is a boer boel due to its founded face grin
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by vinscent: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
The 1st px is boerboel...d 2nd is bull mastiff...d snout jt justify dt...bb hs triangle neck..BM doesn't...

2 Likes

Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by lot83: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2016
Surely63:
To me I think the first one is a bullmastiff due to its kinda Long and blunt face while the second is a boer boel due to its founded face grin
Miremose,I support surely63 on his listed features of the two breeds
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by miremoses(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
Surely63:
and u are sure the first one is a bullmastiff?
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by miremoses(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
lot83:
Miremose,I support surely63 on his listed features of the two breeds
I don't support his motion tho,what about u?
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by ImFortress(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
The first is a Boerboel
The second is a bull mastiff.
This is not a guess.

Their only difference is their jaw formation not wrinkled face.

BM has a longer lower jaw. Making look like it'd biting it's lips

1 Like

Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by ImFortress(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
By the way, I'm in search of a bull mastiff stud
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by egorov(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
With my knowledge and experience with dogs, the first is a Boerboel, longer and narrower snout with a wider chest. . The second is a bull mastiff. Shorter and wider snout, thick chest.
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by welzyj2(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
1st is a boerboel 2nd bull mastiff grin
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
@miremoses ... since last year 2015, you have still not given the answer to the test on the topic.

abi which kain thing be this? undecided

bros answer this question already!!!! angry
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by Quantum800: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2016
The first is Boerboel...second is Bull mastiff. For further clarifications pls use google

1 Like

Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by welzyj2(m): 9:55am On Oct 11, 2016
booqee:
@miremoses ... since last year 2015, you have still not given the answer to the test on the topic.

abi which kain thing be this? undecided

bros answer this question already!!!! angry
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by derbybliz(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
The first is a boerboel while the 2nd one is a BM. The difference between the both is that The BM has a monkey kinda look.
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by martete1(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2016
The first is a BB, while d second is a BM. BB are taller in height than BM and the BM has a wrinkled face and short mouth and are better to keep around children among all d guard dogs. This is no doubt that d first dog is the Boerboel (BB). You can check on their sight.

Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by Cujo007: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
I'm very much interested in this topic n waiting for the clarification. So....
Re: Bull Mastiff And Boer Boel Controversy by ImFortress(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
martete1:
The first is a BB, while d second is a BM. BB are taller in height than BM and the BM has a wrinkled face and short mouth and are better to keep around children among all d guard dogs. This is no doubt that d first dog is the Boerboel (BB). You can check on their sight.

All wrong, they share similar qualities. The only sure difference is, BM has a longer lower jaw than the upper, while the bb had normal jaw formation like other dogs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Best Kennels In Nigeria / Adult Male Rottweiler Available / A Diary of My Visit to Bada Kennel at Ketu (Lagos state) on 13/Aug./2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.