Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

5 Self-Limiting Beliefs To Eliminate This Year - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Self-Limiting Beliefs To Eliminate This Year (540 Views)

How To Eliminate Our Fears!! / Help! Help! Help! Eliminate Cockroaches In My Car / Your Greatest Achievement This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Self-Limiting Beliefs To Eliminate This Year by dont8(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Happy New Year everyone kiss

No matter how it may appear to the naked eye, life in its pure, unadulterated form (without our “life sucks and then you die” consciousness laid over it) is a bubbling cauldron of possibility, composed of pure, perfect love.

The very fact that we still see heartache, limitations, and death is proof that we do not understand reality at all. We focus in on a very narrow band of experience, completely denying the many dimensions beyond the five physical senses.

Our ignorance has erected a worldview based solely on problems, on fear, on protecting ourselves from all the things that could go wrong. It has led us to separate ourselves from the whole and to believe that this, this limited viewfinder filled with individual beings, is what we have to work with.

But the dominant “life sucks and then you die” paradigm is nothing but a fictional story, a made-up pack of lies we’ve been telling ourselves for the last . . . I don’t know . . . 40,000 years?

Like radio signals, our thoughts broadcast our beliefs and expectations out into the quantum field (or what I like to call the field of potentiality, the FP) and bring back into our lives an exact vibrational match. Quantum physicists have proven that it’s impossible for us to look at anything without impacting the thing we’re looking at. It’s called the observer effect, and while it wreaks havoc on everything we thought we knew, it’s actually quite exciting. Because it means:

1. We’re not stuck with the 3-D reality we think is “it.”
2. We’re not helpless victims.
3. And there’s a whole cheerleading squad of multidimensions just waiting for us to get with the program.

What we now know is that everything we think is an objective world “out there” is nothing but a reflection of what exists in here. And by “in here” I mean the consciousness that is doing the observing.

It’s totally cool that your thoughts wield this kind of influence. It means that you and a relatively active imagination can create just about anything you desire. By sending your thoughts out into the quantum field as scouts, they bring back all sorts of riches.

The true Reality (that we’re all one, that the world is abundant and strangely accommodating, and that love is the final answer) is starting to emerge in the hearts and minds of individuals all over the planet, individuals who are standing up and proclaiming, “This can’t be right. There has got to be a better way!”

The way I see it, there are just two things we need to know:

1. The universe has our back.
2. Everything is going to turn out okay.

That’s 12 freaking words. Everything else is just a big ruse that we, in our misguided thoughts, sent scouts out to retrieve from the field of infinite potentiality.

Anyone who has ever donned a pair of Spanx understands the reality of Worldview 1.0. We have squeezed our big, beautiful selves—our radiant, multidimensional spirits— into a tight, often-uncomfortable garment known as a body.

As babies, we tune in to the adults around us. We see what they’re drawn to. We notice how they behave, what they reject, and what they praise. We learn early on what is “beautiful” and what isn’t. We learn how to think and feel about that god named money, damn him. We notice that the minute we get sick, we are trotted off to the doctor, learning quickly that we need something outside ourselves to heal.

When we are born, we are giant love generators. We radiate out a clear energy of light and incomparable joy. In a way, we’re like dolphins, sending out our own special sonar of unconditional love. When this unconditional-love sonar runs up against the unhealed places in our culture, those places where distrust has developed or joy has been rejected, the sonar bounces back, giving us an unfamiliar reading, a “not love” reading. As our boundless joy hits these rigid beliefs and “thickened” emotions, we quickly learn to match our culture’s energies, beliefs, and thoughts.

We regard these beliefs as gods, fearing them, trusting them, and completely acquiescing to them, without a single word of protest.

Here are 5 of the most popular:

1. The world is a menacing place

Our job is to put on our armor and work like hell to stay one step ahead of the terrorists, the supergerms, the dysfunctional stepmoms, and, of course, the zombies.

There is nothing to fear. As A Course in Miracles repeatedly tells us, “We lay a heavy load upon ourselves with our insane beliefs that pain and sin [are] real. Pain is purposeless, without a cause and with no power to accomplish anything.”

2. Life happens to me

“I’m an innocent bystander, a pitiful victim of circumstance, of weather, of disease, and, worse, of my own dysfunction. External events (those things from #1) constantly get in my face. The best I can do is learn to cope with these external events.”

"Life emanates from me. I create the world with my thoughts, my beliefs, and my energetic frequency.”

3. Events happen; therefore, I feel bad

Most of our thoughts and feelings are programmed by the culture in which we are raised. We are trained at a very early age what makes us happy, which feelings go with which events, and how our moods should play out. We are trained to experience unhappy emotions, to blame these feeling on outside events, and to cry and moan about the unfairness of it all. We are trained not to expect good things. In fact, all responsible people know that “shit happens.”

I recently went through a death in my family. Death, as you know, has a pretty bad reputation. It was obvious to me that the little kids, the ones under 12, didn’t view this passing the same as the adults. But after watching their parents, they quickly learned the appropriate script.

We are trained to worry about letting people down, being disliked, getting sick, being poor. We’re trained to worry about pathogens, carcinogens, microwaves, plastic containers, preservatives, using mobile phones, and on and on.

Without this training, joy is my natural state. As Esther Hicks, author and inspirational speaker, once asked, “How come we only erect statues to war heroes? Where’re the statues of surfer dudes?”

4. God is an entity outside of me

“Lowly ‘little ole me’ must appeal to His Majesty’s benevolence, with fingers crossed that He’ll somehow find time for me, a doubtful proposition, being as He’s tied up fighting world hunger.”

God is a state of being, a loving energy that flows through me, sustains me, and surrounds me with light. Although it’s impossible to define or put into words, this “Radiant X,” as poet Stephen Mitchell calls it, is the un-nameable reality that causes everything to exist.

5. No pain, no gain.

The necessity of pain and suffering is such a living mythology and so entwined in our culture that we blank it out like a refrigerator motor. We’ve become so accustomed to living in the “life sucks” paradigm that it never occurs to us that another reality, a happy reality, is possible. Pain, loneliness, and fear are the context within which we live our lives. We’re so conditioned to wallow in misery that the concept of life as a joyous adventure seems impossible or even unnatural. Sure, we can buy that there will be happy events. In fact, we look forward to holidays and birthdays and time off work. But to believe that happiness is possible 24-7 is a big stretch.

The “life sucks” paradigm is really nothing but a bad habit, a rut we’ve been in since the first time our parents insisted we act our age. Looking for pain is nothing but a grossly irresponsible way of looking at the world. There is no reason to struggle. In fact, we don’t actually have to “work” at anything. Once we let go—surrender to the universal flow of life—higher forces will take over and handle the details. Once we take sorrow off the throne, as A Course in Miracles describes our outlook in Worldview 1.0, enlightenment is our naturally occurring, organic state of being.

Tried-and-true, uncanny, humorous, and always accurate, my 52-card Oracle card deck, The Oracle of E with accompanying guidebook delivers snappy, sassy answers that will not only show you how to create your own reality, but will keep you on track while doing it. A great stocking stuffer!

http://www.healyourlife.com/5-self-limiting-beliefs-to-eliminate-this-year
Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Self-Limiting Beliefs To Eliminate This Year by dont8(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
My gratitude to all Nairalanders that shown me love in the outgoing year, God's blessing will not depart your house-hold.

Counting my blessings, wishing you more.

Hope you enjoy the New Year in store.

Cc:

R231
Jaybee3
Caracta
Mynd44
Dubem
Idowuogbo

Have a joyous New Year, my dear friends!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Self-Limiting Beliefs To Eliminate This Year by Mynd44: 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
dont8:
My gratitude to all Nairalanders that shown me love in the outgoing year, God's blessing will not depart your house-hold.

Counting my blessings, wishing you more.

Hope you enjoy the New Year in store.

Cc:

R231
Jaybee3
Caracta
Mynd44
Dubem
Idowuogbo

Have a joyous New Year, my dear friends!

Re: 5 Self-Limiting Beliefs To Eliminate This Year by dont8(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=41533179][/quote] Thanks so much Mynd, I really appreciate you.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered Who You Really Are / Would U Slap Ur EX For . . . . . $500,000,000? No Lie O! / True Cause Of Asaba Christmas Day Fire Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.