Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

How Much Do You Appreciate African Art - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Much Do You Appreciate African Art (554 Views)

Why Don't Nigeria Appreciate Diversity / For Those Who Don't Appreciate Where Igbos Were Coming From / PHOTO: Ooni Of Ife At The National Museum Of African Art In Washington, D.C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Appreciate African Art by amayodimeji: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
let me help some dog head Nigerians who maybe probably because they have been privileged to travel outside the shores of this nation to other part of the world and have arrived and with nebulous and unflattering words about Africa, as a student of culture, I have come to realise that even the so called Europeans and Arabians appraise the ingenuity of the Africans, leo frobenius in the year1910 described Ile-ife as a colony of Greece which he appraised as the lost city of Atlantis, due to his obsession and he weakness to fleeting fingers he stole the ori oloko bronze head, (a prophet is not respected by his own people), most of the benin art that were carted away by the British army during the 1798 match over, are still there, our works were return in replica while the original that proves our ingenuity in the art of metallurgy are kept in their flashy museum as they generate millions. Our father's hard labour(art) are flung around the world across oceans, the Igbo ukwu pot was stolen in Ibadan and in less that 72hours arrived art Belgium, please tell how did the work of a primitive society get there, be reminded, we are the sole decorator of our very own values, when you take them out in public and call them trash, fetish and so on, I bet the people that really know their values will come for this invaluables, just wait and see...I AM AN AFRICAN AND AM PROUD OF MY ANCESTOR'S ARTISTIC SKILLS...Some spend lots of hours examining the Picasso art work and they rubbish the art of their own, they failed to observe the originality of the art, rather they clamour for the stylistic art in which the artist himself made from the sole inspiration of African Art..
Re: How Much Do You Appreciate African Art by tpiar: 12:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Many artworks from different places were featured in night at the museum.

(1) (Reply)

Cow Refuses To Die Even After Cutting It's Head (video) / Today --- A Commentary / Oshiomhole Wants Benin Crown Prince To Sustain Oba Erediauwa Legacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.