Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th (25923 Views)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by igboitalo: 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2009
Sagamite:

Kalu Uche was absolutely useless throughout the game.

Olofinjana did his job as a DM.

As I said before the France game, Adeleye is a God.
OLOFINJANA DO WETIN IF NA JOKE STOP IT OOOOOOOOOO DAT GUY IS DAMN TOOOOOOOOOO SLUGISH TO BE A SPORTSMAN
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by IKEYMAN1: 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2009
well im lookin up for the abuja game

finger cross!!

yes we can

super eagles need to go forward a lot, no need defendin too deep, with that hey yes we can win this!!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by deb(m): 9:24pm On Jun 20, 2009
When is the next match due

First time in my life that I almost slept off watching SE play FOOTBALL.

No one said a draw is bad, but when you want to draw, draw with dignity by defending, attacking and playing entertaining football.  This SE is not different from iraq that played against SA and ESP.

TRUE!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2009
deb:

Do you trust Super Eagles that much?

My guy, we are talking about a Tunisian team that is not so spectacular. They were very beatable
but our boys just refused to forge ahead with enough passion and urgency in their play?

What makes U think that Tunisia were easy pickings?  undecided  The Carthage Eagles are yet to lose in this group and U call them easy.
Nigerians are hard to please but thats a good thing, tho. Even if Fabio Capello comes here, we go still complain.
I still remember all the criticisms heaped on Westerhoff and the Eagles of '94 , now we wish we had that team back  grin
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by FBS: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2009
Nigeria. 120 million people. 130 million coaches. undecided
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by bgees(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ghana went to Sudan and got a 2-0 win.
Now who said the days of massive away wins in African football are over?
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Uche2nna(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2009
FBS:

Nigeria. 120 million people. 130 million coaches.

Na so, my brother, everybody get mouth.  grin

Bawo accused Amodu's changes as predictable when he brought on Kanu and yet other NL'ers have been screaming bring Kanu , put Kanu!!!! Hell would have been let loose if Kanu was not brought on.   grin

Some dude screamed " abeg not Utaka" when Utaka was brought on to replace Kalu while others actually had Utaka in the first team  grin

Nigerians, ehn!!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2009
FBS:

Nigeria. 120 million people. 130 million coaches. undecided

u can switch off your computer and u wont here from those complaining
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by FBS: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2009
mikeansy:

can you help me with it?  tongue
What do you get for all your complaints? If you are that good a coach, why don't you apply for Amodu's positions?
Bloody arm chair analyst.

Uche2nna:

Na so, my brother,  everybody get mouth.  grin

Bawo accused Amodu's changes as predictable when he brought on Kanu and yet other NL'ers have been screaming bring Kanu , put Kanu!!!! Hell would have been let loose if Kanu was not brought on.   grin

Some dude screamed " abeg not Utaka" when Utaka was brought on to replace Kalu while others actually had Utaka in the first team  grin

Nigerians, ehn!!
Na so my brother. All we know how to do is complain. No one ever said Amodu is the best and we all demand for improvements. (certainly there are rooms for more and big big improvements).
One thing I don't get is why we only see the dark sides.
We got a draw, not favorable but coulda been worse had Nigeria lost. FACT>
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by igboitalo: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2009
mikeansy:

TANK U MY BROTHER NO MIND AM
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Uche2nna(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2009
bgees:

Ghana went to Sudan and got a 2-0 win.
Now who said the days of  massive away wins in African football are over?

Stop comparing apples and oranges, abeg. Nigeria got a win in France but could not beat Tunisia, go figure. It is football, abeg.

Meanwhile, U cant really argue about the quality in the Ghana team. IMO, thats the best team in Africa right now. As for Sudan, no comment  lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by fe32(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2009
we will beat them in nigeria but will dey do any better than tonite in kenya, forget france and irelnd, ou away matches in this qualifiers have been crap even wen we won(rem sierra leone and SA, we were outplayed in all these matches though we manged to ruff a gol out and we almost didn't against sierra), but yep there is real hope, cos i'm sure we won't loose any match
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by vikiviko(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
Good results Eagles.

Players ratings

Enyeama- 7
Yobo- 7
Taiwo- 6
Olubayo 6.5
Adefemi- 7.5
Mikel-7.5
Uche- 5.5
Olofinjana 7
IK Uche-6
Osaze- 6.5
Kanu-5
Emenaramo- 5
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by FBS: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2009
igboitalo:

TANK U MY BROTHER NO MIND AM
after your complaints, what did you get?
Shameless arm chair pundits.
I bet they can't even kick a ball.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by mafioso(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2009
[size=8pt]I have been online waiting for the Final score because i coudn't watch it over here.  to bad for Eagles they were our only pride before but now they are going backward for me, Naija dont have a team i just pray My new team here (Australia National Team) qualifies. no hope for eagles they are all bunch of failures. and come to think of it, who told you they are stars? if that is why they are not impressing the naija citizens what about the Robinho's and the Kaka's of this world who still fight for shirt in their country, infact they should all being flogged for their failure to deliver.NAIJA FOR LIFE!!!!![/size]
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by igboitalo: 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2009
vikiviko:

Good results Eagles.

Players ratings

Enyeama- 7
Yobo- 7
Taiwo- 6
Olubayo 6.5
Adefemi- 7.5
Mikel-7.5
Uche- 5.5
Olofinjana 7
IK Uche-6
Osaze- 6.5
Kanu-5
Emenaramo- 5
MIKEL 7.5 OLOFINNONSENSE 7 U DEY CRAZY
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by jalether(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2009
Bottomline is we were poor tonite, atfirst i was being soft with the SE (1st half)

but then again i realised the teamwork, movement, hunger and determination wasn't there

it ranks amongst the most boring int'l matches ever, even the tun's were poor n we failed to

capitalise, everyone talking abt a draw is a good result, in football there are no guarantees, what if

they come to abuja to get a score draw or the SE fails tpo get a desirable result in our away games.

what stops us from defeating tunisia at their home ground cos i dont see them as a world class team that

is very hard to beat
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Ibime(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2009
That Eneramo is the worst striker I've seen for Super Eagles since Benedict Akwuegbu. They need to send him to where he came from. Amodu thinks he can bring the Didier Drogba factor into the team by winning headers and sturvs. Well he's rubbish in the air and slow on the ground. Nigeria needs a dominating centre-forward when we are chasing games like this and no Nigerian striker has the Didier Drogba factor like Anichebe. Even Isaac Promise is better than that ingrate called Enemaro.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by bgees(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2009
@ uche2nna,

friendlies are nothing. We lost woefully to Holland and Yugoslavia in '98. And we won spain went it really mattered.
The point is Amodu has just bleeped when it mattered most.

Ghana & Ivory Coast have been getting results at the right time. That is something we can't do. Lack of professionalism from the players and coach.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by deb(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2009
Nigeria. 120 million people. 130 million coaches.

Funny cheesy

What makes U think that Tunisia were easy pickings?   undecided  The Carthage Eagles are yet to lose in this group and U call them easy.
Nigerians are hard to please but thats a good thing, tho. Even if Fabio Capello comes here, we go still complain.
I still remember all the criticisms heaped on Westerhoff and the Eagles of '94 , now we wish we had that team back   grin

You could as well say that the Tunisians are better than the French team.
And don't tell me the french match was a friendly

MIKEL 7.5 OLOFINNONSENSE 7 U DEY CRAZY

Yes o! e be like say the guy don kolo. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by chidichris(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Mikel has been playing like a big man. You should compare the hunger he displays when playing for chelsea.
Mikel doesn't need Nigeria.
@bgees,
is mikel not a big man?  you are the first nigerian to say that mikel play well in chelsea even when others are saying he does not know how to play generally. if u want to know how big he is, check out the refree's protection whenever anyone nears him.

@topic,
today we had an impoved defence and midfield but upfront, we lack bit. we are still missing yakubu and martins.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by NIGboi(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Dnt know why we have to keep disgracing ourselves.
1.Bad passes
2.Poor ball ctrl
and many more. What makes us feel we can win tunisia in abuja?Time will tell.the big question is 'what can be done?'
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Enyeama- 7
Yobo- 7
Taiwo- 6
Olubayo 6.5
Adefemi- 7.5
Mikel-7.5
Uche- 5.5
Olofinjana 7
IK Uche-6
Osaze- 6.5
Kanu-5
Emenaramo- 5

Guy, who is Adefemi and who is Olabayo?

This game Adeleye should be Man of the match 8.5. Mikel deserves no more than a 6
Olofinjna 5.5
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by jalether(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2009
FBS:

after your complaints, what did you get?
Shameless arm chair pundits.
I bet they can't even kick a ball.

on a serious note, why are you defendin g the SE, do you wanna tell me pound for pound (quality wise)

we are not better than them, why must we be happy with a poor performance (has it gotten to the extent where

we have to praise them for an awful performance) can you honestly tell me you didn't contemplate on sleeping at a point

during the match
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by deb(m): 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
The end justifies the means. lets wait and see who qualifies
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by fe32(m): 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2009
yaku wetin, wo go dey drop gol bound passes for am here, anoda slow motion, we have no creative midfield,

i fit agree martins tho in mess up our first game with  those misses, he can still deliver, obasi and even ogbeche, goes b4 yak, we need zeal here abeg
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by FBS: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
jalether:

on a serious note, why are you defendin g the SE, do you wanna tell me pound for pound (quality wise)

we are not better than them, why must we be happy with a poor performance (has it gotten to the extent where

we have to praise them for an awful performance) can you honestly tell me you didn't contemplate on sleeping at a point

during the match
Listen, perhaps you only read half of my posts.  cool
I am not defending the team but the point is, we got a draw.
It was a boring match and I was surprised the ref himself did not sleep off. Yes it was that bad but will you not admit that a loss woulda been more catastrophic?
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by igboitalo: 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
jalether:

during the match
BROTHER NO MIND ANM PERSON GO SEE TRUTH DEY TALK ANOTHER THING,WHT IS BAD IS BAD MEAT WEY ROTTEN NA BAD MEAT THIS SE NA BAD MEAT PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Uche2nna(m): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2009
deb:

You could as well say that the Tunisians are better than the French team.

Well, thats why ur logic does not apply. Ghana went to Sudan and won , so Nigeria should also win in Rades. I wish football was that way but it is not.

bgees:

@ uche2nna,

The point is  Amodu has just bleeped when it mattered most.

I am not defending Amodu. I did not like the guy when he was first appointed and I still dont like him now. But that does not change anything , does it? He is the coach that NFF employed and it is too late for changes. World cup is barely a couple of months away, if we qualify  grin

bgees:

@ uche2nna,

Ghana & Ivory Coast have been getting results at the right time. That is something we can't do. Lack of professionalism  from the players and coach.

The team of Ghana and Ivory Coast are well ahead of the current Super Eagles in terms of quality. Our defensive midfielder cant even hold down a shirt in Stokes. Lets just work with have, eh cheesy

Once again, a draw is not the best result, but it could have been worse.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by FBS: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2009
Uche2nna:

Once again, a draw is not the best result, but it could have been worse.
my guy, this is the same song I don dey sing since. It coulda been worse but some nonsense sitting-behind-the-computer football experts are seeing something else as if the players select themselves to play. Pathetic. simply pathetic.

igboitalo:

BROTHER NO MIND ANM PERSON GO SEE TRUTH DEY TALK ANOTHER THING,WHT IS BAD IS BAD MEAT WEY ROTTEN NA BAD MEAT THIS SE NA BAD MEAT PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*shakes his head* o ma se o. No comments.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by igboitalo: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
FBS:

my guy, this is the same song I don dey sing since. It coulda been worse but some nonsense sitting-behind-the-computer football experts are seeing something else as if the players select themselves to play. Pathetic. simply pathetic.
*shakes his head* o ma se o. No comments.
I LIE
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by kvolander: 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2009
GUYS BELIEVE ME, I THINK IF AMODU HAS USED THE SAME LINE-UP HE USED AGAINST KENYA INCLUDING YOBO AGAINST THIS TUNISIA SIDE, WE WOULD HAVE PROBABLY WON THIS MATCH.

MIKEL IS PLAYING A IF NOTHING'S AT STAKE, HE SHOULD BE FIRED FROM THE TEAM.
OLOFINNONSENSE IS THINKING ABOUT HIS CAREER AS AN OFFSHORE ENGINEER SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT DA HECK IS STILL DOING IN THAT TEAM.

VERY BORING MATCH INDEED,

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

Solomon Dalung In Animal Skin Cultural Outfit (Photos) / NFF Confirms ‘agreement’ With Oliseh As Keshi’s Successor / Osaze Odemwingie And Wife Welcome Their Third Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.