Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? (4174 Views)

I Need Unlock Code For This Huawei E5372s-601 ( Spectranet) / SCAM ALERT!!! How A Friend Was Scammed At Ikeja Computer Village / Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
When we talk about corruption in Nigeria, nobody seems to remember that corruption doesn't only happen in government, but in Nigerian companies. Corruption going on in the private sector is as huge as in government. I have had a case where a Nigerian bank stole my money by simply deleting the record of the inflow. It took the intervention of my contacts in high places to recover it. The bank later claimed it was a mistake and a senior staff apologized for their crime. Recently, I found out all the staffs involved in the failed theft are still working in that bank today, even got promoted!. These are people that were caught red-handed stealing a customer's money!.

Huge scams are being ran even by the phone networks and nobody seems to care.

On December 29th, I paid N7,000 to renew my spectranet 4LTE internet which normally will fetch 20GBs. They said they're running a double offer promo, meaning I would have 40GBs.

After paying, my modern suddenly went "No service". It's been three days now and no internet connection still. I have emailed their office repeatedly and all I get is "we're working on it". I've been to their office twice and was told they don't have any technical support person to attend to my case. Therefore, my money is gone and nothing can be done about it.

Unknown to them, I have other people using this network in my neighborhood, have investigated and found out they have no service at all in my area, yet they're still selling and collecting money from innocent Nigerians, whether or not they have service in your area or not. This is a crime!!.

As I speak, I'm browsing with a SIM card, which I don't normally use as they're too expensive and slow for my online class videos and YouTube.

Please let me know, if you're affected by this massive scam. I want Nigerians to know how ugly some of the companies operating in this country could be.

I have considered taking them to court or taking laws into my own hands. Getting a gun and walking into any of their office and shooting as many staffs as possible will help bring the government to knowledge of various scams being endured by Nigerians without any solution in sight. I believe it will also help Nigerian companies sit up.

I do not make threats of what I cannot do. We cannot all sit down and expect change, cause change doesn't come that way. Change comes by TAKING ACTION against something. I need to do something to help in the fight against corruption. I'll rather die than have a company scam me of my hard earned money.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by Krak(m): 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
That does not seem like scam. They are abviously having serious technical trouble.

Always give people benefit of doubt, for you never can tell when others could misjudge you in the future.

Just give them some time untill you know what is really happening.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by kode12: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hmmm,my brother i uinderstand you annoyance,i experienced the same thing recently but with a different service provider,i just had to keep shut about it after i made several calls,sent mails etc and the CC was so rude and unresponsive. If only we could get a coodinatedd way of addressing and attacking the companies,then they might act right. Of recent quickteller also did something similar to me,my bank debitted me for a transaction that quickterller did not fufill and till now i've not been able to get my money.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by henribj(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by henribj(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
oh well I have actually noticed that whenever these telecommunications companies offer a promo especially data based promos, it usually affects the speed of the data packages due to high subscription by users which lead to congestion and lower speed of data transfer. either which way it is still a scam though.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by henribj(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
kode12:
Hmmm,my brother i uinderstand you annoyance,i experienced the same thing recently but with a different service provider,i just had to keep shut about it after i made several calls,sent mails etc and the CC was so rude and unresponsive. If only we could get a coodinatedd way of addressing and attacking the companies,then they might act right. Of recent quickteller also did something similar to me,my bank debitted me for a transaction that quickterller did not fufill and till now i've not been able to get my money.

you need to contact your bank about that, recently or last month, i had 3 similar issues of money being deducted from my account for a transaction payment i made using a POS. i was told to go to my issuing bank and lay a complain, which i did and was told it would take about 10-14 working days for the refund to be made into my account, after the specified days the refund did come through. so i suggest taking the matter up with your bank.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by kode12: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Krak:
That does not seem like scam. They are abviously having serious technical trouble.

Always give people benefit of doubt, for you never can tell when others could misjudge you in the future.

It becomes a scam if after getting reports of No service or Bad Service they keep selling data and devices without first fixing the problem. What would you say if you buy the spectranet device and on getting home for first use you get no service? The system is getting comfortable right?
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
kode12:

It becomes a scam if after getting reports of No service or Bad Service they keep selling data and devices without first fixing the problem. What would you say if you buy the spectranet device and on getting home for first use you get no service? The system is getting comfortable right?

I'm not even a new customer, have been using them for over 2 years and have 3 (accounts) moderns with them.

Their base station in my area isn't working. So, what they ought to do is stop collecting money from innocent customers. But, they keep collecting collecting money from more customers, knowing fully well their base station is bankrupt. If this is not a scam, I don't know what is.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
Krak:

If they have technical issues, then they ought to stop collecting more money from innocent customers until they rectify the problem.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
kode12:

Your case is different. Contact your bank and follow the procedures to recover your money.

In my own case, I would lose my money automatically after 30 days. No questions asked.

This's why I have to take the laws into my own hands.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by kode12: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
musicwriter:

I'm not even a new customer, have been using them for over 2 years and have 3 (accounts) moderns with them.

Their base station in my area isn't working. So, what they ought to do is stop collecting money from innocent customers. But, they keep collecting collecting money from more customers, knowing fully well their base station is bankrupt. If this is not a scam, I don't know what is.
There's no better definition for the word SCAM.I think what you may be able to do is continuously take screenshots of your modem showing no signal with the date on your PC showing. If possible get other persons in your neighborhood to do same,so its clear it isnt an isolated case. Do @least for the next couple of days and then gather all the evidence with your date of payments and subsccriptions and present it to them for either a refund or a restart of your data time frame.You could also petition NCC and consumer protection but i dont know how that will turn out.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
henribj:
oh well I have actually noticed that whenever these telecommunications companies offer a promo especially data based promos, it usually affects the speed of the data packages due to high subscription by users which lead to congestion and lower speed of data transfer. either which way it is still a scam though.

This is not even slow connection, but "No service". At all at all na winch!. That's the problem.
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
kode12:

There's no better definition for the word SCAM.I think what you may be able to do is continuously take screenshots of your modem showing no signal with the date on your PC showing. If possible get other persons in your neighborhood to do same,so its clear it isnt an isolated case. Do @least for the next couple of days and then gather all the evidence with your date of payments and subsccriptions and present it to them for either a refund or a restart of your data time frame.You could also petition NCC and consumer protection but i dont know how that will turn out.

My brother, there's no need for all that. I prefer to take the laws into my hands. Please print and save a copy of my post, cause you'll hear the news when I'm done.

This is not about me but a decaying nation. Something must be done by someone!
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by Chikebrain: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2016
@MusicWriter I understand your pain. Having to pay for a service that can't be used is very annoying. Since their Base station is bad is your area, I advise you go to their office and request to speak with a superior officer on how they could rollover your data to the next month pending when they fix the Base station in your location.

it's because NCC in Nigeria don't do their work properly, that's why most telecoms can do what they like
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2016
@OP, so because the base station in your area is down for the period of the promo, you want them to stop the promo on the 3 states being serviced by them, right? This is similar to telling MTN, GLO, etc to stop selling recharge cards because the network was down in your area and you couldn't load the card you bought. It's people like you that go round calling genuine business a bad name just to try and make them compensate you for no reason. The promo in question was that you get double data if you renew your plan in December. And like you said, you normally pay 7k to get 20GB and now since you paid during the promo, you are expected to get 40GB.

Nowhere in your long post did I see you complain that you never got the 40GB. Instead, your grouse was that there was service outage, and not that they didn't keep to their promo terms. And now here you are, calling them a scam just because you suffered 2 days outage out of the 30 days. Even abroad, networks do suffer from service outages. Yes, even in America. Some areas have only 2G and no 3G not to talk of LTE. I would have been more sympathetic if you were reasonable a bit to complain the service outage and not about the promo. I myself use Spectranet and I can tell you that compared to Swift which I moved from, they have very little down time. Until today, I still get apology texts and emails from Swift about down times and whenever I see it, I just shake my head. Spectranet isn't the best by any standard but they do a fine job at providing good service at a cheap cost. Please, if you aren't ok with Spectranet try and move to Smile which today is one of the fastest and also the most expensive of them.

Don't come here and post rubbish calling a network scam cos of 2 days downtime
Re: Who Else Was Scammed By Spectranet? by musicwriter(m): 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Just in case someone is following this thread, I want to report that spectranet finally rectified the problem 2 weeks to the expiration of my subscription. And this was after several visit to their offices. Of course, I insisted on getting the full 30 days subscription duration that I paid for.

Sheer ineptitude of staffs was the cause of the problem. People who have no business occupying an office position are employed to do a job they know little about. An open-secret, a common Nigerian problem of using who you know to get a job, instead of your qualification.

(1) (Reply)

Nlanders Help Me Check The Laptop I Just Ordered / What Do You Know About Lagos City Computer College / Used Sony Vaio Laptop 4 Sale! In Very Gud Working Condition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.