Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... (4227 Views)

Spectranet Is Cheating Its Customers - Data Draining Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by phantom(m): 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
yeah,so i drove down to spectranet at olu-obasanjo today to get a good package (after they had blocked my ears with their adverts on radio smiley)
i paid(got the modem + battery+ charger+30gig for 16grand) and decided to wait for the activation and test it right there in their office.
modem had full bars and the speed wasnt bad shocked shocked.......as the pictures show. average speed on IDM was 5mb/s and even got up to 12Mb/s .I downloaded a 1.7gig file in 8minutes. streaming was non stop...no buffering!
All in all,i was satisfied.I left,but not before i told the sales girl to remember that smile 4g was just down the road grin grin(she got the message and smiled).

Lovely experience, but bear in mind that the speed i got was because i was in their office.
For those who live around olu obasanjo-D/line,GRA phases 1,2,waterlines to ikoku should expect their speeds to be decent.
Back home at rumuokoro,ive got only 1 bar and my speed has dropped to about 300-500Kb/s.

i am a heavy user and the speed is so good im afraid i'll blow the 30gigs in a few days.
so i fully recommend spectra net. i dont know how it compares to smile 4G IN PH.
I pray and hope they extend and improve their services especially in the "greater PH" areas- choba, alakahia,rupokwu, igwuruta,omagwa,eleme,onne etc.

So thats my review. cheers!

P.S: Mods i would appreciate if you can send this to the FP so others can see this post as to help them make a buying decision.Thank you.

Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Expensive shiii. i have one, after the tarrif increase, i dumped it. Do u know that Glo has a 500 naira for 3gig plan? Just saying
By the way i get 20mb/sec easily on, all u need is a cat6 lan cable.
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by armadeo(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
swift family plan. 32GB for 8k. worth it.

the stuff rolls over now i watch movies via streaming atimes.

still cant beat the download.
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by phantom(m): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
ibotjaycob:
Expensive shiii. i have one, after the tarrif increase, i dumped it. Do u know that Glo has a 500 naira for 3gig plan? Just saying

interesting! unfortunately i have to be asleep between 12am and 5am. i leave for work in the morning. cheers!

P.S: if you can point me in the right direction for getting the lan cable,i'd appreciate it. thanks
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by persius555(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
ibotjaycob:
This glo plan is only valid for weekends. But this your 20mb/sec is unrealistic, especially on glo network.
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 31, 2016
persius555:
This glo plan is only valid for weekends. But this your 20mb/sec is unrealistic, especially on glo network.

no, the glo plan works weekends sat n sun and weekdays (midnight to 5am) n u can carry over ur data. thats what i use to download movies. and the 20 mb is on spectranet not glo
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by persius555(m): 7:12am On Mar 31, 2016
ibotjaycob:

no, the glo plan works weekends sat n sun and weekdays (midnight to 5am) n u can carry over ur data. thats what i use to download movies. and the 20 mb is on spectranet not glo
Thanx or the clarification.
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by phantom(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
my speed this afternoon at rumuokoro........its improved.

Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by persius555(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
phantom:
my speed this afternoon at rumuokoro........its improved.
Enjoy while it last.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by chichriso: 7:35am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Spectranet In Port-harcourt! A Review..... by stephen2016: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Which network?

armadeo:
swift family plan. 32GB for 8k. worth it.

the stuff rolls over now i watch movies via streaming atimes.

still cant beat the download.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My 40gb Hard Disk Is Inaccessible / Whatsapp Group For Computer Engineers And Endusers / Buying Of Laptop From Cotonou ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.