Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast - Business To Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast (5517 Views)

Sameday Pickup And Delivery Within Lagos From N750 / In need of a reliable pickup and delivery company / Waka4u Pickup And Delivery Customer Care Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
lcoral:
@ op. in my opinion as a friend, d Page pics looks more like dat of a Gaming advert, military or militant page and not a food delivery service.
Maybe u should also sample others opinion too so u can achieve d best outcome u want from your page and help boost your business.

Thanks ma'am. Will come up with another design.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
zicoraads:
I just bumped into this. And am praying and hoping you succeed. As for the website issue, I'll go with Icoral's assessment. More work needs to be done on the website.

Thanks for the observation. I will work on that as well.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:57am On Feb 27, 2016
[quote author=lcoral post=42505547][/quote]

A big thank you to every one that believed in me and encouraged me. Business ain't dead yet. NYSC has kept me grounded for about 2 weeks. The bright side is that I am counting down to passing out.

I entered for TEEP and look forward to be among the winners. Searching for other entrepreneurship contests I can compete in.

Business has been good. Pumping myself with inspiration audios. Words are life and I have only one option, SUCCEED.

1 Like

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2016
One of my favourite quotes says "tomorrow belongs to those who wake up today and start working". Without a doubt, this is the fact about life. The wealthiest place on earth is the graveyard - people with ideas never implemented, written songs never sung, greatness never manifested.

Research shows that 97% of individuals on earth are average people, living normal lives; living in circles, from day to day, month to month, and year to year. I have decided to be among the 3% of extraordinary humans. I don't want to just live by, I want to leave a trail, in fact, blaze the trail.

So about business, Waka4u has been fine. I have handled a handful of deliveries (20 deliveries, there about) and I have learnt along the way. This job is making me know places and I like it.

The major challenge now is dealing with customers who switch of their phones or reschedule a delivery. All in all, God has been wonderful.

I thank everyone who has called and use our service - you are the centre of our business.

Happy Weekend,
Waka4u.

1 Like

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Heromaniaa: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Do not relent. you inspire me.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
Heromaniaa:
Do not relent. you inspire me.
Thanks. Kind words like these keeps us going.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:15am On Apr 06, 2016
My days as a corp member are finally coming to an end. Officially, my ID expired since on the 5th, but well, I am still here. I will be going to do my final clearance today. Interestingly, my students are having my paper today (WASSCE Physics), but I won't be there to help them (if you know what I mean).

A disturbing dream woke me up (maybe na the heat cause am). On a serious note, I am awaken to the reality that "to have what others won't have tomorrow, I have to be willing to do what others are afraid or ashamed to do today".

One again, I thank everyone that has believed in me. Business has been doing extremely well and so I don't run out of cash and start feeling depressed I am also not leaving freelancing anytime soon. I have been a freelance designer/animator/copy writer/researcher for over a year now.

Life may not be everything you planned. All you need to do is keep your eyes on the goal and trust the big Chief above.

Cc: dominique, lcoral

2 Likes

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by lcoral(f): 6:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Nice one. Congratulations on your completion of service. Keep d business flame burning God will continue to strengthen you.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Heromaniaa: 6:21am On Apr 06, 2016
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
My days as a corp member are finally coming to an end. Officially, my ID expired since on the 5th, but well, I am still here. I will be going to do my final clearance today. Interestingly, my students are having my paper today (WASSCE Physics), but I won't be there to help them (if you know what I mean).

A disturbing dream woke me up (maybe na the heat cause am). On a serious note, I am awaken to the reality that "to have what others won't have tomorrow, I have to be willing to do what others are afraid or ashamed to do today".

One again, I thank everyone that has believed in me. Business has been doing extremely well and so I don't run out of cash and start feeling depressed I am also not leaving freelancing anytime soon. I have been a freelance designer/animator/copy writer/researcher for over a year now.

Life may not be everything you planned. All you need to do is keep your eyes on the goal and trust the big Chief above.

Cc: dominique, lcoral
Brother can you give me links to freelance writing jobs I have great writing skills.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
Heromaniaa:
Brother can you give me links to freelance writing jobs I have great writing skills.

Register on fiverr or freelancer and build a profile.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Life is like a theater or a canvas, and we are the producers/artists. I have come to believe and live by a simple principle - God is a constant and the same principles that work for a Christian, will work for a Muslim, and even an atheist.

No amount of prayers can substitute hard work and diligence. Work hard and pray harder because tomorrow belongs to those who wake up early today (while others are sleeping) and work towards achieving their dreams.

I once mentioned applying for TEEP. Well, I didn't qualify. I was hoping to use the money to purchase 2 - 3 bikes. However, I am not discouraged.

I am glad to announce that what started as a single-state venture has expanded to 5 other states. We now cover:

- Lagos
- Port Harcourt
- Uyo
- Calabar
- Benin
- Jos

While we don't have offices in 5 of the states, we have reliable and trust-worthy team members/agents who handle pickup and deliveries.

The need to expand came when I started turning down requests from clients who needed pay-on-delivery services in other states. A customer and friend requested for pay-on-delivery in Uyo. I happen to have my brother in there so I let him handle it. God being so faithful one of my trusted and first customers from Nairaland contacted me and proposed a partnership. I thought about it for a while and here we are. We are still fine tuning our business model.

I am still far from where I want to be but I am quite certain that I will exceed my expectations. During the course of the week, I will share some personal experiences on how far I have come. Thanks for believing in me/us.

Waka4u.

2 Likes

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
Life is like a theater or a canvas, and we are the producers/artists. I have come to believe and live by a simple principle - God is a constant and the same principles that work for a Christian, will work for a Muslim, and even an atheist.

No amount of prayers can substitute hard work and diligence. Work hard and pray harder because tomorrow belongs to those who wake up early today (while others are sleeping) and work towards achieving their dreams.

I once mentioned applying for TEEP. Well, I didn't qualify. I was hoping to use the money to purchase 2 - 3 bikes. However, I am not discouraged.

I am glad to announce that what started as a single-state venture has expanded to 5 other states. We now cover:

- Lagos
- Port Harcourt
- Uyo
- Calabar
- Benin
- Jos

While we don't have offices in 5 of the states, we have reliable and trust-worthy team members/agents who handle pickup and deliveries.

The need to expand came when I started turning down requests from clients who needed pay-on-delivery services in other states. A customer and friend requested for pay-on-delivery in Uyo. I happen to have my brother in there so I let him handle it. God being so faithful one of my trusted and first customers from Nairaland contacted me and proposed a partnership. I thought about it for a while and here we are. We are still fine tuning our business model.

I am still far from where I want to be but I am quite certain that I will exceed my expectations. During the course of the week, I will share some personal experiences on how far I have come. Thanks for believing in me/us.

Waka4u.

I am really impressed with your journey so far. From FL to business.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
cedaraustine:

I am really impressed with your journey so far. From FL to business.

I also lost out on TEEP. I will be praying for your success. Cheers.

Thanks chief, I am still massively into freelancing - graphics, market research, copy writing, and animations.

TEEP is just a phase and learning curve. We'll all succeed if we don't give up.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
If it was easy, everybody would do it. I constantly tell my self these words because they going is getting tough.

First, congratulations to me on my passing out, he he.

The past few days have been really busy. I don Waka tire, coupled with fuel scarcity and massive holdups, I have had to trek some distances.

Business-wise, I have made some remarkable progress as I now partner with some companies, handling their deliveries. By the grace of God, there are many more on the outlook.

Today, I had an uncle call me with a job offer but I had to turn it down. I am one of those who believes in getting what I want and nothing else, I have chosen the path of entrepreneurship. With this, I have no excuse not to be successful.

So many of us have ideas but we are too scared to try. We are afraid of what others may think. Life is a personal race and nothing brings much joy than living your dreams.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Heromaniaa: 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
If it was easy, everybody would do it. I constantly tell my self these words because they going is getting tough.

First, congratulations to me on my passing out, he he.

The past few days have been really busy. I don Waka tire, coupled with fuel scarcity and massive holdups, I have had to trek some distances.

Business-wise, I have made some remarkable progress as I now partner with some companies, handling their deliveries. By the grace of God, there are many more on the outlook.

Today, I had an uncle call me with a job offer but I had to turn it down. I am one of those who believes in getting what I want and nothing else, I have chosen the path of entrepreneurship. With this, I have no excuse not to be successful.

So many of us have ideas but we are too scared to try. We are afraid of what others may think. Life is a personal race and nothing brings much joy than living your dreams.
congrats
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Lordtrillion(m): 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
Wow, kudos bro. This your thread is filled with inspirations & encouragement smiley.
Wishing u success in all your endeavours. Will be using your service soon.
Lest I forget, Happy P.O.P in arrears cheesy
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lordtrillion:
Wow, kudos bro. This your thread is filled with inspirations & encouragement smiley.
Wishing u success in all your endeavours. Will be using your service soon.
Lest I forget, Happy P.O.P in arrears cheesy

Thanks to you, chief. I/We look forward to doing business with you too. Remain blessed.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:05am On Apr 22, 2016
I promised to share my experiences along the way. This morning I'd like to talk about energy.

Basic school physics teaches us that "energy is the ability to do work". Now work or energy can be positive or negative - work na work. What am I driving at life is like a field; you soon become what you surround yourself with. A plant is less likely to thrive in the midst of thorns and an idea is less likely to be realized if you don't have the driving force.

Newton's third law - for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And unless your action is greater than the opposition, you will never win.

For some weeks now, I load myself with inspirational and motivation audios; some run for several hours. What this does is that it fortifies me. The moment someone says, Clement this cannot be done, my spirit moves into overdrive and resists. I have come to believe, that it won't be easy but it's definitely not impossible.

So here's my advice for you - if you want something so bad, know that it is never going to be easy. Some people will encourage you, others will talk you down. But what really matters is you pushing on against all odds. You have a unique vision and purpose, don't live a life of mediocrity.

About business. Mehn, I don waka Port Harcourt tire. I guess I'll have to take a break today. And yes, I am employing for the position of a rider. Forward CVs to 1stclem@gmail.com
More info is on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3060516/dispatch-rider-needed-port-harcourt

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:13am On May 04, 2016
Well, I am not dead yet. Ha ha. I am grateful to God for the gift of life, for strength to hold on.

Briefly, I'll talk about the Power of Words. I don't consider myself an overly spiritual person but I believe there's a big chief above watching over me.

Life is like a planting field. In a field there will be crops and there will be weeds. Weeds are the negative things in life - the people that say you can't do it, they say the profit is not enough, they say how can you go so low. Don't listen to them. If it is your dream, it is worth chasing.

Fill yourself with so much positive to the point where negative melts at your very presence. I am learning to start each day by speaking words into my life.

- I am blessed.
- I am a light
- Kings and Princes take turn to favour me
-Wherever the soles of my feet touch it has been given to me.
- My business cannot be hidden
- My words carry power

By the time I am done, I am confident that the day will favour me. I am still training myself to see positive in everything and remain calm at all times.

Remain blessed.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:53pm On May 04, 2016
I had my first recruiting experience yesterday. Combining deliveries and freelancing has tilted in favour of deliveries. My other jobs are suffering. This is not what I want.

So I put up ads and some CVs came in. Some were good, some na over qualify dey worry them, and some were plain ridiculous. I now understand what recruiters are going through.

However, my friend referred someone who he trusts and I had to interview the person. He came with his friend/brother who was in search of work too. Here's how the whole drama played out.

I called him the previous day to confirm if he could come on Tuesday morning for a meeting. We both agreed. He didn't show up at all. Only to call in the night and asked if the next day will be convenient and that he will be coming with someone. I just realized he didn't apologize. So we rescheduled for Wednesday.

Wednesday morning, I left home early for a delivery. He called at 9am and I told him I will be home at 10am by my calculations. By 10am he called and confirmed he was at the landmark I had given on the previous day. I was close by but in the bank. I called home to send someone to pick him up.

Now here's the twist. He kept calling and for some reason raised his voice (in my opinion though). I maintained my cool and told him I will be with him shortly (5 minutes). His words "where are you na", "5 minutes? This place we are standing is not"... I don cut call.
What are you wearing so that I can identify you? "Material"

I just decided in my heart that my man wasn't cut for the job. I don't want someone shouting at my customers or cancelling a delivery because a customer doesn't show up on time.

My younger brother met up with them and took them home before I arrived and we ran a quick interview. They both seem okay - 1 is bold and the order isn't.

I will like to give them a trial to test their speed and level of customer care/professionalism.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2016
Thank God for the gift of a new day. Found it difficult to sleep so I figured I should just work instead - already set for church.

Yesterday I had the privilege of interviewing someone else. And I think he met my standards and expectations.

I forgot to add this is my last posts or intentionally decided not to. After careful cost analysis, I figured it will be more profitable using bicycle riders as opposed to owning motorcycles. A few people opposed the idea and some commended it. So here;s my comparison.

1. With motorcycles, I am looking at about 200,000 Naira for a new bikes plus registrations. With bicycles, we are looking at an average of 25,000. That's 8 bicycles with shorter service areas.

2. Low maintenance costs

3. No need for fuel

4. No occasional police palava

5. I will be sacrificing speed and area of coverage

So bicycles has it for me. With time we will also roll out bikes and cars. By Monday I will be getting a bicycle and operations with my new guy will start fully.

Remain blessed.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:16pm On May 08, 2016
Positioning yourself for the future.

We live in a world that is constantly changing. What is relevant today will definitely lose its relevance tomorrow. What this means for us as humans is that we should be flexible and evolve constantly. If you want to succeed, and be exceptional, you need to be several steps ahead of the crowd. Work when others are sleeping, read when others are resting, make calls when others say it is not important, build worthy relationships when others seek just sexual and personal gains. And in few years, you'll reap the rewards.

So far, I have interviewed 4 individuals and 1 which I didn't bother calling. Here's what I learnt and will like to share.

1. Patience: The two persons I interviewed came off as impatient. This is a toxic quality considering my line of business.

2. Take a step beyond: My second interview which was yesterday was in my opinion, perfect. First, the supposed employee actually sent a well constructed CV (Nobody else did this for the position). He then proceeded to like our social media pages. That in my opinion brokered the deal. During our interaction, he tried to connect and made vital recommendations. This is taking an extra step.

3. Even if it's about the money, it's never about the money: I am more of an old school person and prefer using cash than POS. Considering the nature of my business where I have to handle huge amount of cash, asking me about money few minutes to our discussion sends a bad signal. We all want to make money but don't let it drive you. So this was the case of my 3rd interviewee. His first question was how much I pay, then how much will he make on an average. Finally, he ended with "he will get back to me". That's my line.

4. You leave a trail everywhere: I am proud to say that in my 7 years of being a nairalander, I don't have a negative track record. So I went on to investigate someone who wanted to work for me. My man has his number all over nairaland looking for sugar mummy and people to have sex with. He reeks of desperation and this is deadly for my business.

That's my experience so far and I pray to God to surround me with positive people with similar zeal, passion, drive, and commitment.

4 Likes

Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by mailmalc(m): 2:08am On Jul 20, 2016
hey, how is biz going? need to talk?
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2016
mailmalc:
hey, how is biz going? need to talk?
Business has been going very fine, challenges here and there but they are not impossible to beat.

I apologize, I have not updated this thread in a while, I should very soon. There's so much to talk about.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Lordtrillion(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2016
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Business has been going very fine, challenges here and there but they are not impossible to beat.

I apologize, I have not updated this thread in a while, I should very soon. There's so much to talk about.
Hi Boss, do you still offer this Delivery Service because I'd be needing the service for a deal by this week or next? Pay on Delivery precisely
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Lordtrillion:

Hi Boss, do you still offer this Delivery Service because I'd be needing the service for a deal by this week or next? Pay on Delivery precisely

Hello my Oga, good morning sir. Unfortunately we don't at the moment - if it's in Lagos, yes. However, we are rebranding in other locations to better serve our clients.

Regards,
Clement S.
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by Lordtrillion(m): 6:09am On Oct 06, 2016
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Hello my Oga, good morning sir. Unfortunately we don't at the moment - if it's in Lagos, yes. However, we are rebranding in other locations to better serve our clients.

Regards,
Clement S.
Alright, no problem. Thanks
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by uslasconsults(m): 9:23am On Feb 06, 2019
Groceries.ng: Grocery Delivered in Nigeria | Online Groceries Supermarket for Food, Fruits, Drinks, Toiletries, Wine

On-demand Grocery Delivered in Nigeria | Online Groceries Supermarket for Food, Fruits, Drinks, Toiletries, Health & Wellness, Wine & More | Groceries Delivered From Local Stores| We bring the store to your door | Grocery Delivered in as Little as 1 hour| Same-day grocery delivery

For Groceries Delivered Across Nigeria to your door step visit : https://groceries.ng/
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by GHAZELLECARGO: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
Contact us @Ghazelle World Logistics for your pick up n delivery within lagos n it's environs
"We bring you closer to your customers"No Disappointment in us
09083237800 WHATTSAPP
07069604009 CALLS
Re: My Pickup And Delivery Startup In Rivers State - Affordable And Fast by joe10: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Ship Bags Of Rice From Cotonou In Large Quantity. / Daily Bureau De Change Rate / Contact Us For Any Polyethene /nylon Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.