Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. (10489 Views)

Reps To Review Border Community Establishment Act / Reps To Probe Police IG Over Peace Corps / Wo, Olamide "Wo" Hit Youtube With Over 1m+ After The Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by yjgm(m): 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
The House of Representatives committee on national security and intelligence would intervene in the release of leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzakky.

The committee, chaired by Hon. Aminu Sani Jaji, took the decision after meeting with members of the sect yesterday in Abuja.

A source at the close-door meeting told LEADERSHIP last night in Abuja that during the meeting, members of the movement demanded the setting up of a Judicial Commission of Inquiry to probe the killings of their members in Zaria on December 12 and 13, 2015 by soldiers.

The source also added that the movement also demanded for the unconditional release of their leader, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzakky and his wife who have been in custody since their arrests.

Members of the movement made the demands when they appeared before an Ah-Hoc committee setup by the House of Representatives to investigate the deadly clash between the Shiite followers and military men.

LEADERSHIP also gathered that the sect members have demanded for the corpses of their brother and sisters for proper Islamic burial as well as the release of the injured ones for medical attention, even as they alleged that hundreds of their members are currently being detained in Kaduna Prison without trial.

The source revealed that the movement’s members told the committee that the killings were premeditated based on the way and manner they were carried out and sustained for more than 48 hours.

The source also added that sect members alleged that apart from killing scores of the sect members and destroying their Zaria shrine, soldiers also went to Dema village where Zakzakky’s grandmother was buried and tried to exhume her body as well as destroyed their cemetery at Mararraban Jos, along Kaduna-Zaria road.

They further alleged that when the killings were going on, personnel of the Red Cross who attempted to render help to the injured and evacuate those killed were denied access by soldiers.

After listening to their submissions, the committee promised the movement that it would do a thorough investigation with a view to ensuring justice is done no matter which of the two sides is found guilty as well as ensure the release of their leader and members currently held in custody.

Source: http://leadership.ng/news/politics/487914/reps-intervene-release-shiite-leader-members

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, ishilove, mynd

1 Like

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by adedam007(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
haha.at last ftc
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by echelons(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
Crap.

When King Bubu himself is still waiting for the Report form Kaduna State's Panel of Inquiry.

Zakyzaky or whatever his name is not gonna get justice. It's official. We have a King and he's LAW unto himself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by walanter(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
En't there issues to discuss on...anymore
Nw the economic is so damn floping and those mudafaker are just stillborn with no brain to think and setup good policies, that will get everybody cover...this shit is so damn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Zaikon(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
free zakzakky
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
2016 will be our year ov greatness

4 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by GentleYoung(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
I pray they make the right decision.
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by allanphash7(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
He should not be realease o

This guys have over 4000 members with amunitions and sophisticated weapon

This is is twin brother of sheakau

Quote me anywhere

3 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by gameboy727(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Lord please let this issue not escalate into something else. We aren't done battling boko haram yet before some other sect might rise up and threaten the peace and unity of this blessed country. May we all have a blissful and wonderful new year. Happy 2016 everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Zaikon:
k
Zaikon:
k
echelons:
Crsp

D hustle is real

1 Like

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by makingsense(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
What did buhari say again
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
he shuld be relsd jhoor.
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Beehshorp(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Do u guys think Buhari will listen to u all?

Imagine a man with bullet wounds dont the FG av conscience at all... Atleast they should be released and den given the benefit of the doubt so whenever dey misbehave again and actions are carried awt no one will hold dem responsible....
But instead the matter is been joked with and a future clash brewing

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by olapluto(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
So reps can no preempt or overrule the judiciary. The case is in court, let it take its course.
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by olajide8(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
The thunder that would fire all of them should be a special one from hell- who are they to demand for a criminally minded leader from Iran from we nigerian's - nonsense until he can provide us with all the names of his conscripts round the federation for registration - so we can monitor their activites - that's all

3 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by babasanti: 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
BUhari OUT

1 Like

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by ibnzubair(m): 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
On matters like this I usually prefer to remain quiet. However, I think the army is dragging itself into the inter sectarian war that has been in existence since -as I have heard - the time of Gen. Abacha

May the Creator be with us

1 Like

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Endlesslove33(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Shiite or pooo or shit should face firing squad for their useless act

1 Like

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Zaikon(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
Dahkogrin007:

D hustle is real
late our quote
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by davedpo(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
may God help us 4 we kuntri
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by ichommy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oya, I don quote U. grin
allanphash7:
He should not be realease o

This guys have over 4000 members with amunitions and sophisticated weapon

This is is twin brother of sheakau

Quote me anywhere

www.nairaland.com/2098236/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/80
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by sorom4: 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Not just the sect but all those who are held against the rule of law. NASS shouldn't allow PMB to make a jest of the polity. Try people to court and follow the rulings of the court

3 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Pavore9: 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Only the sect?
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Feraz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pavore9:
Only the sect?
Shows you some are more equal than others! Only in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Jabioro: 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
...so that they cause more trouble for the nation. our house rep no get work .
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by DANILSA(m): 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
They came for Dasuki and I was happy because I am Apc not pdp. he should be killed I yelled.
They came for Kanu and I said let him rot in Jail, am not an ipob member.
They came for El-zakzaky and I rejoiced, sho t the man again I screamed because he was shiite and they said he formed a parallel government.
When Buhari came for me, no court again, the whole country was afraid to talk because he had instilled unwholesome fear in all.
MY TURN TO BE BEHEADED.
Danilsa Prince

10 Likes

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
DANILSA:
They came for Dasuki and I was happy because I am Apc not pdp. he should be killed I yelled.
They came for Kanu and I said let him rot in Jail, am not an ipob member.
They came for El-zakzaky and I rejoiced, sho t the man again I screamed because he was shiite and they said he formed a parallel government.
When Buhari came for me, no court again, the whole country was afraid to talk because he had instilled unwholesome fear in all.
MY TURN TO BE BEHEADED.
Danilsa Prince

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by allanphash7(m): 12:07am On Jan 01, 2016
Lol

HNY bro
ichommy:
Oya, I don quote U. grin
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by babdap: 12:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Justiyke4u: 12:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Are people tired of commenting
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 01, 2016
All of una no go church? Happy new year jare.
Ehen, back to the thread, what did bubu say again about ElZak?
Re: Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. by ichommy(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2016
HNY Boss
allanphash7:
Lol

HNY bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? / Post The Funniest Memes / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.