Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? (10495 Views)

Why Is it So Hard For Many Romance-landers To Upload Their Real Faces / Why are NAIRALANDERs not using their real pictures on their profiles / What Did You Lie About Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by babymine(f): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2006
You ask her how old she is, at first she doestn't say anything and when she does, she reduces it (never increases). N its the same every year! cheesy I'm a woman too but I wonder why women lie about their real age. undecided Please share your reasons. grin
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Zahymaka(m): 3:08am On Mar 21, 2006
I think they're scared of growing old [obviously]. Menopause is a function of age and the average woman gets scared when she approaches it s she tends to show people that she isn't getting any nearer menopause. I don't really see why that happens. Some interviews I've read on the web suggest that the majority of women over 60 are still sexually active or still think about sex.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Free(f): 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2006
why some women lie about their real age, well i think they are afraid of aging
and plus every women likes to be told she looks younger for her age, when you actually
tell them they look older their age well i hurts, not cool grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by mustafar1: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2006
its almost the same reason why a guy would lie about him only wanting to get some and bounce. which to me is not being true. or maibe i might be wrong
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by babymine(f): 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ mustafar
grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by mustafar1: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2006
babymine abi i lie. no be true talk i talk so.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by dominobaby(f): 3:52am On Mar 26, 2006
I guess they don't like telling their real age so as not to be seen as 'old'. Women like feeling n 'being' young.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:54am On Mar 26, 2006
thats right
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by larger20(m): 5:08am On Mar 26, 2006
It happens mosty to circular african women, most whites dont do it, haba
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by chinani(f): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2006
***Slightly different topic***

I actually had a man lie to me about his age once. I was 20 at the time, and it just so happened he was 20 too. . .right! He even said it like a lie. I went on 1 more date w/him and that was it. You see, I remembered why he seemed so familiar. It was b/c I knew his younger sis (who was my age or slightly older) and she had pointed him out to me and was like "that's my older bro just in from Cali" and I didn't pay him any attn. and said "that's nice". So on the date I said "I remember you, you're A- older brother" and since he'd lied about his age he said "NO, she's my older sister". shocked It was all too much. I couldn't wait for them to get their stories straight.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by larger20(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2006
guys lie of their ages to get the woman no matter worth. The women do the same to appear presentable to the man, who likes to be called the ugly or rejected? no one
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2006
I can never trust a woman who tells lies about such trivial things. That means she'll tell bigger lies for serious issues.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by babymine(f): 10:55am On Mar 27, 2006
I don't see any reason for a woman to lie about her age. It's better you keep quiet when you're asked than lie about it. I think women lie about their ages because they feel they've not accomplished what they ought to have accomplished at that age. Some men dnt even know their wives real age because they were lied to. Some dnt even know the woman they are married to is older than they are. Too bad! Women! grin
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by chinani(f): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2006
babymine:

Some dnt even know the woman they are married to is older than they are. Too bad! Women! grin
HA! cheesy Reminds me of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE. But I'd hope the real life situation isn't that bad!
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by kimba(m): 5:35am On Mar 28, 2006
Some men dnt even know their wives real age because they were lied to. Some dnt even know the woman they are married to is older than they are. Too bad! Women

that one dey serious o,

and the man never went to verify? ehn now, Love dey Blind!!
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by hotangel2(f): 7:26am On Mar 28, 2006
A woman that looks younger than her age is most likely not to lie about her age, because well, she still got it going on physically.

Not all WOMEN lie about their age, but most women do (and im sure i'll lie abt my age at one point in time when i grow up -- *coughs*),

Anyways, they just wanan feel young, and not have you thinking about them as being old and not being able to "do it" any more.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Imani(f): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2006
Seun:

I can never trust a woman who tells lies about such trivial things. That means she'll tell bigger lies for serious issues.

Word.

Free:

why some women lie about their real age, well i think they are afraid of aging
and plus every women likes to be told she looks younger for her age, when you actually
tell them they look older their age well i hurts, not cool grin cheesy

I agree completely. Why are women afraid of getting old undecided Life is a cycle with many stages we must go through so enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by lioness(f): 11:06am On Mar 28, 2006
whatever!
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Imani(f): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2006
lioness:

whatever!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by lioness(f): 11:37am On Mar 28, 2006
When i was 24, i used to wish that i was older so i cld do alot of stuff, Now am turning 27, i wish i were much younger. The thought of 27 kills me. Am single and not even sure where the present r/ship is heading to.
Thats why i lie.

And YES you guessed right, i just lied abt my age. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Badman888(m): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2006
thats how they are took me 3yrs to know one girls real age my close friend imagine sad
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by venice(f): 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2006
We all lie to be younger or older, its part of life.

sometimes lies brings trouble in one's life so careful what u lie about!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by babymine(f): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2006
@ lioness. Very funny! grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by lioness(f): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2006
kiss
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by babymine(f): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2006
Hmmmm. I hope am not giving you the wrong impression?
grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by Reba(f): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2006
Well I lie most of the time about my age at the begining (always young of course) and it never gave them(boys)any doubts bcause I look younger than my age but it works so,I always get them young or old it does'nt matter.
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by lioness(f): 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2006
relax gurl friend ,,,,,,,,,, am straight. undecided

That was just a holy kiss wink
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by 2cantango(f): 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2006
i've never lied about my age cheesy don't see the point in lying about it undecided
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by lioness(f): 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2006
how old are you then smiley
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by 2cantango(f): 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2006
32 :d
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by lioness(f): 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2006
you truely are sincerely. wink kool

Some people, you really dont know their real age till they die.
And even at that, your not even sure if the age on the obituary paper is actually true. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Lie About Their Real Age? by 2cantango(f): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2006
lioness:

Some people, you really don't know their real age till they die.
And even at that, your not even sure if the age on the obituary paper is actually true. grin grin grin
really?? that's kinda bizzare undecided cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post The Funniest Memes / Who Got The Best!!! Battle Of The Hips [see Photos] / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.