Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 - Business (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 (532511 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 / You’re Killing Local Manufacturers –MAN Alerts CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (345) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Cul4real(m): 7:43am On May 16, 2016
Please what is different between buy/sell limit and buy/sell stop? Thanks.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 7:56am On May 16, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by PIPsharingan(m): 9:06am On May 16, 2016
Hello Pip killaz

A second trade USD/CHFs, pardon my TP, it ought to go lower than that.

Happy slashing

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by lawson007(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2016
My trades for this day will be BUY=AU,NU,EG and SELL= Gn,Gu,EU,Gcad,EN i'm into some of these trades already,verify using your system before entering these directions.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Benqozenero(m): 10:34am On May 16, 2016
UsdJpy BuyStop @ 109.620, SL @ 108.620, TP @110.650
Good luck.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Feshizzy(m): 11:07am On May 16, 2016
Zionplace:
The two images may help

Well Said Mate,
Happy New Week.

Regards,
EF

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by jorel1(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2016
USDCAD sellers take care , the sellers have been rocking this pair since January and now i guess the party is over , consider joining the bulls

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Cul4real(m): 1:23pm On May 16, 2016
Zionplace:
The two images may help

Really helped. Thank you.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Thewrath(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2016
I found this interesting......

Dr. Joe used to work for NASA as a nuclear physicist on the Space Program and was a Professor, PhD with just about every physics and maths qualifications there are or you could think of. He got fed up of the bureaucracy and politics at NASA and as a part time investor in stocks , decided to go full time as, in his own words, “the price cycles are just some sort of fancy sine waves with decay and acceleration distorting them and should be real easy to plot and forecast.”

Well after over 5 years doing triple integrated, double differentiated Fourier transforms, harmonic frequency analysis, fractal filters and theorems and goodness knows what else that, although I have a PhD, just ran circles around me. He said he got so frustrated that although he could plan and predict space craft trajectories, orbits, landings etc, he could not forecast even one bar of prices into the future. Not one to quit, he decided that there was some external force that he was not taking into consideration and the only place it could be was on the trading floor where the action took place.

Through his connections, he eventually got an invitation to the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and was shown the futures or commodities pit (can’t remember which). His sole purpose of going there was as a spy or detective to find out exactly how things worked so that he could write it into his software. He told me he was “amazed and dumbfounded” at what he saw and heard which forever changed his life. (I had all this written up in my trading notes in my files but I can’t find them so I’m using this post to “replenish my notes”).

He arrived at the pit before opening time and saw all the floor traders congregated together in a meeting. He saw this as strange as he thought they were out and out competitors with each other.

What he saw in the first 15 to 30 minutes he would never have believed even if his best friend had told him. At the open, the overnight trades, which were long positions, were put through but he detected the traders entering them were giving signals to the other traders. After the orders were put through there was “nothing” – they just waited to see how the market reacted to those orders.

He then observed what he thought were illegal practices but later learned it to be what actually goes on each and every day. During this “dead” time, the floor traders were reviewing their orders in the pipeline and then on a given signal, a group started selling followed by another group. Then when a certain lower price had been reached, another signal was given and the same groups then bought back amongst themselves. He later learned this was called “Running the Stops” and what they had done was found out where all the orders were, which were below lows, swing lows and elsewhere, and just driven the price down to fill them and take them out so that they had a clean order sheet! Not satisfied with that, they then collectively took the price back to where it opened!

After this and now with the market moving, orders started to come in and when a large order came in from a bank, fund or other large institution, the trader with the order gave a signal before entering it. After entering it, the traders went quiet again. They were looking to see how the market reacted to that order. When they saw more buy orders coming in, they just bought more and more and kept on buying until a signal from a trader that he had a large sell order. Again the sell order was entered and the traders went quiet as they waited for a reaction from the market. He learned that the floor traders were waiting to see whether the sell order was going to be accepted as profit taking or full blown shorting. He said this went on all day long with the floor traders just “piggy-backing” on which ever way the market moved. He said he could see no skills or qualifications (other than being a LovePeddler – a very rich LovePeddler, he said) whatsoever in what the floor traders did.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2016
Part 2

On his way back to Houston, he thought about how to use what he witnessed to HIS advantage.

His first action was to throw out all his indicators, forecasts and technical analysis. He told me that there is no analysis, indicator or other program now or in the future, that can analyse or predict human behaviour and specifically, human emotions. He had seen for himself that there was nothing technical or logical in how the floor traders (now better known as Market Movers) traded and therefore any analysis or thinking from “off the floor” was an absolute waste of time.

His second action was how to beat “those whores” on the floor as he called them. He said he thought over just about every scenario imaginable and just as he was running out of ideas, it came to him. If you can’t beat, them join them although as a very devout and God fearing Christian, he didn’t think it was ethical. Unable to find another alternative, he decided he had no options left but to try and do, “off the floor” what they did on the floor.

From this came his very simple method:

Buy when it goes up and sell when it goes down.

He went on to make $millions doing this and I subsequently learned he passed away a very rich and contented man knowing that he had beaten the “whores” at their own game.

I learned all this in a few telephone conversations with him but he lost his patience with me when I still questioned his method. He wouldn’t answer my calls so I reverted back to faxes. Again, I can’t remember it word for word but I sent a simple fax saying:

“How do you know when to stop buying?”

On the same fax was his handwritten reply, “When it stops going up.”

So I wrote on it, “How do you know when it stops going up?” His handwritten reply, “When it starts going down.”

So I wrote on it, “How do you know when it stops going up and starts going down?”

His handwritten reply, “When people start selling.”

After going round like this in riddles, I pleaded with him to “just give it to me straight”.

He sent a fax saying this would be his last communication with me and that if I didn’t understand how to buy when it goes up and sell when it goes down, I had no business trading.

His final paragraph was one which I ignored, like everything else he told me, until a couple of years ago when I realized what a dumb, stupid, arrogant, stubborn idiot I had been:

He said I would only be wrong twice using his simple method:

“Once when you buy at the top and once when you sell at the bottom.”

I just ignored this as a smart – ass answer but still tried to do what he said. Unfortunately, and as Sod’s law dictates, I tried to do it in a consolidation and lost on every trade which had me buying when I should have been selling etc.

I tried and lost again and then eventually lost my way in the quest for the Holy Grail in Indicator Land.

Now, with all my experience and thousands of lost $ behind me, the light came on!

My understanding of what he was telling me is this:

Buy when prices are moving up. Buy each retrace/dip. Keep buying until the last retrace becomes a trend change which is the one trade you lose on.

Sell when prices are moving down. Sell each retrace/rally. Keep selling until the last retrace becomes a trend change which is the second trade you lose on.

I have not traded like this as I have my own method/style now but on the look backs I have done it works very well. Obviously, the trendier the price, the better it works.

In my later communications with other floor traders, I told them about Dr. Joe and what he told me, and asked them if it was true. As you would expect, each and everyone vehemently rejected it as absolute rubbish.

Sometimes I wonder if old Dr. Joe was smoking something but then when I see those long legged neutral dojis before a significant move, I know he was right.

Thank you, Dr. Joe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 16, 2016
are we there yet ?
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by namdo(m): 5:17pm On May 16, 2016
@Chrisbenogor>> yes really my problem with it is always knowing when the trend begins and ends I have tried to stick to a time frame on this to solve it but this gives me many entries before joining the real reversal eventually. it really works but you have to have enough margin to carry the trades especially when you start too early to anticipate the change. I also try to follow this with stochastic/RSI, sometimes it could be very long journey to the money but eventually it pays long term. This is what I tried to present here some years back when I posted on the Investor mind set. Thanks. cool
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2016
namdo:
@Chrisbenogor>> yes really my problem with it is always knowing when the trend begins and ends I have tried to stick to a time frame on this to solve it but this gives me many entries before joining the real reversal eventually. it really works but you have to have enough margin to carry the trades especially when you start too early to anticipate the change. I also try to follow this with stochastic/RSI, sometimes it could be very long journey to the money but eventually it pays long term. This is what I tried to present here some years back when I posted on the Investor mind set. Thanks. cool
nobody knows when the trend will end or begins, that's why it's always bad to pick tops and bottoms but you can anticipate when a momentum of trend slows down or is trying to change by using divergence techniques, when u spot a divergence, the trend might consolidates, pull back, retrace. and also it is good to know the order flow of the market like when market changes from hh/hl to form lh/ll and vice versa.... cheers

@chrisbenogor, nice article...
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Benqozenero(m): 5:58pm On May 16, 2016
Hello friends, if you took the call above please move SL to BE and let the trade ride so we can focus on next signal.
Benqozenero:
UsdCad Sell @ current price 1.29300, SL @ 1.30250, TP @ 1.25220.
Good luck.

Hello friends, if you took the call above please move SL to BE and let the trade ride so we can focus on next signal.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2016
I think gbpusd retracement is over

sell @1.44040

SL @ 10 pips above the previous high
/ 1.44185

TP- open
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by sweetmaris(f): 6:27pm On May 16, 2016
Let's buy GJ
Stop loss @ 156.80
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by PIPsharingan(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2016
Hello Pip killaz,

Am out of USD/CHF, did that manually as a new candlestick has shown that this bad boi is not showing any signs if slowing down

Am down - 27 pips and - 0.7% loss to my account.. I have moved my stop loss to breakeven on my USD/CAD pair...Its currently on the positive and I am planing to leave it all through the night.

Happy slashing

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by umozez(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2016
Good evening House... wish u all a fruitful week...
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by joelreg(m): 9:55pm On May 16, 2016
PIPsharingan:
Hello Pip killaz,

Am out of USD/CHF, did that manually as a new candlestick has shown that this bad boi is not showing any signs if slowing down

Am down - 27 pips and - 0.7% loss to my account.. I have moved my stop loss to breakeven on my USD/CAD pair...Its currently on the positive and I am planing to leave it all through the night.

Happy slashing

bro what kind of hone do you trade with, the maker and model
thanks for your reply ahead
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by joelreg(m): 10:03pm On May 16, 2016
PIPsharingan:
Hello Pip killaz,

Am out of[b] [size=16pt]USD/CHF[/size],[/b] did that manually as a new candlestick has shown that this bad boi is not showing any signs if slowing down

Happy slashing

to me would have wait to see the reaction of price at.9860 if it hold or not
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 16, 2016
Gbpusd buy activated...stop loss should be below 1.43786 like 10-20 pips below then TP1 should be around 1.452x and TP2 opened.
Audusd buy close to being activated maybe this night will do that...going to check my old posts and analysis.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 16, 2016
shalom123:
You could sell eurgbp now,stop loss to be 80pips and TP 120pips @ 0.7740,if price close below then sell again.
this trade is doing well,adjust stop lower to around maybe 60pips even if we are currently positive.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 16, 2016
shalom123:

price hit the 0.7265 level now,brace yourself we are going for a journey far far north upwards.
buy Audusd when price hit 0.7265 or buy at current price and use a stop loss below 0.7265(20-30) pips and TP should be open.
if you already bought then we are in profit already but if you didn't not to worry just wait for price to close above the 0.73235 level on the 4hr tf and buy using 30 pips stop and TP1 at 0.75675 and let the other TP run.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 16, 2016
will be back when i see an opportunity to trade...good night.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Benqozenero(m): 2:18am On May 17, 2016
Sell AudJpy @ current price 79.376, SL @ 79.625, TP@ 78.230.
Also place a Buystop order on AudJpy @ 79.625, SL @ 78.780, TP @ 81.884

Good luck.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Benqozenero(m): 2:22am On May 17, 2016
UsdCad SellStop order @ 1.28700, SL @ 1.29700, TP@ 1.25200
Good luck.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 2:33am On May 17, 2016
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 5:45am On May 17, 2016
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Benqozenero(m): 5:59am On May 17, 2016
Benqozenero:
Sell AudJpy @ current price 79.376, SL @ 79.625, TP@ 78.230.
Also place a Buystop order on AudJpy @ 79.625, SL @ 78.780, TP @ 81.884
Good luck.
if you took this call, hope you saw the little sacrifice we made with the first leg trade, kindly move your second leg trade SL to BE and let the trade run.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by sweetmaris(f): 7:02am On May 17, 2016
sweetmaris:
Let's buy GJ
Stop loss @ 156.80

The trade was about 4 pips to my stoploss
Resisted the temptation to close
Jus woke up this morning to see greens everywhere
Patience pays a times
+100
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 7:11am On May 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (345)

||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* / Forex Trading - Season 15 / CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.