Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun (42390 Views)

Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / $2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay / EFCC Arrests Salihu Atawodi For N600m Arms Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 01, 2016
•President’s no-release stand splits lawyers

By Chris Iwarah

Former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki, yesterday pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari to allow him enjoy the bail granted him by the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Meanwhile, lawyers yesterday took divergent positions on Buhari’s explanation of the continued detention of former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki and pro-Biafra agitator, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu despite different court orders admitting them to bail.

Buhari said during his first presidential media chat on Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) on Wednesday that Dasuki and Kanu could not be released because they would jump bail, describing the charges against them as serious.

Speaking with Daily Sun on the development yesterday, counsel to Dasuki, Alhaji Ahmed Raji (SAN), said: “I would want to appeal to Mr. President to please allow my client to enjoy the bail that was granted to him. I want to beg him in the name of God. I cannot join words with the president. I have the greatest respect for him, both in his official and personal capacities. My appeal is just that I am begging him in the name of God to allow my client to enjoy his bail.”

But former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Prince Lanke Odogiyan said Buhari’s stand was a manifestation of dictatorship.
The president’s refusal to release Dasuki and Kanu, he warned, was a slide into lawlessness.He urged the NBA, human rights organisations and other non-governmental groups to call the president to order to prevent the nation from sliding into anarchy.

His words: “It’s disobedience of court order and if it’s not checked, it can lead to consequences beyond our imaginations. It’s a manifestation of dictatorial tendencies and it should not be encouraged. The president must be advised by his legal handlers. If he is not satisfied with an order of court, the appropriate thing to do is to appeal. But he can’t disobey it, he can’t ignore it.

“The Nigerian Bar Association, NGOs and human rights bodies will speak with one voice to call Mr. President to order. We have to be careful so that we don’t slide into anarchy. No government should pick and choose what orders to obey.”

Chief Ladi Rotimi-Williams (SAN), however, said the president was acting in the overall interest of the nation.
“The president is at a vantage point to know what is good for the nation at any given time. Sambo Dasuki is a very powerful man and you don’t take such powerful men lightly.

“I am sure he (Buhari) has placed the interest of the nation over and above the interest of Sambo Dasuki, ditto for Kanu. He is not doing so because he doesn’t like their faces.”
The interest of the nation overrides everything else.”

President of the African Bar Association, Mr. Hannibal Uwaifo also insisted that Buhari was on the right path.
He said it was sentimental to claim that Buhari was the one responsible for the continued detention of Dasuki and Kanu. The detainees, he said, were contending with the consequences of infringing the nation’s laws.

Former Chairman of the Ikeja branch of NBA, Mr. Monday Ubani, however, said Buhari’s comments might have been misunderstood.
He said: “Whatever the president has said, he can’t play the roles of the legislature, executive, and the judiciary. The judiciary will certainly handle the cases that are before it. The president can only execute what the judiciary has said. So, I don’t want whatever the president has said to be taken out of proportion.

What I understand the president to be saying actually, which he may not have put in a way that every person would understand, is that we can’t allow a system where prominent people alleged to have committed heinous crimes are given all manner of luxuries after they have put a lot of people in problem and they can’t stay here and answer the charges; they now want to go abroad for treatment while this same thing is not extended to the poor.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/arms-scam-dasuki-begs-buhari/

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by bettercreature(m): 9:01am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year

13 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by madridguy(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Since our judiciary system is as corrupt as NPF, I think PMB his in better position to take over till there is a better reform in our legal sector. Era of looting Billion and buy the legal system with just 3 Million is over, Lucky Igbinedion case is a clear example. Make both Dasuki and Kanu enjoy small for inside Inbox.

243 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Goodyshoes(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2016
I'd be back...
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by kogiguy(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2016
why should he beg?......pls dasuki should be try and jail asap to send a very strong signal and warning to our yam eaters.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Goodyshoes(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2016
We have a dictatorship here in Nigeria....
A leopard does not change its spots. However long it might take.....
Meanwhile, Happy new year....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:05am On Jan 01, 2016
All these fake beggings.

I laff.

Buhari wants to save face because his puppet masters have gave him an ultimatum to release Dasuki and Kanu and to stop disobeying court orders and killing defenseless civilians.

Them don dey count his long list of human rights abuse since may 29.

This apc Govt will end up like the Muslim Brotherhood

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by ta4ba3(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Why would they grant d asshole bail in d first place... if it was a street thief or a g boy.... they would have jailed them before u know it

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by naijafella(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Human rights says you should embezzle billions of dollars meant for arms purchase. Human right says you should set up an illegal radio station and preach hate messages..I think we don't know the gravity of offences committed by these fellows.Or maybe we have gotten a share of the Dasuki loot.

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by naijafella(m): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:
All these fake beggings.

I laff.

Buhari wants to save face because his puppet masters have gave him an ultimatum to release Dasuki and Kanu and to stop disobeying court orders and killing defenseless civilians.

Mumu of 2016

215 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by clevvermind(m): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2016
buhari should just free this man na. why is he making himself above the law?

1 Like

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by drss(m): 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
...n d propaganda continue
of wat use ar all dis lies n propagandas if dasuki got acquitted in d end lies will be d downfall of dis govt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by clevvermind(m): 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
is buhari becoming a dictator?

4 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
naijafella:
Human rights says you should embezzle billions of dollars meant for arms purchase. Human right says you should set up an illegal radio station and preach hate messages..I think we don't know the gravity of offences committed by these fellows.Or maybe we have gotten a share of the Dasuki loot.

The same human rights that were accusing your army of killing bokos

I guess traffic blockades warrant a massacre.

I guess the thieves in Buhari's govt are saints and not koworpt like Abacha

I guess shooting of protesters is part of your human rights.

You apc zombies are trading your freedom and that of your children without knowing it.

20 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Farnsworth: 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
[size=15pt]With the new bagging claims and brown envelope journalism perversive in Nigeria, I thing Lai Mohammad has succeed in buying much of the Newspapers in Nigeria for propaganda, the silence over bombings was a clue but Now I think the judiciary is gone and now the media too. My opinion...[/size]

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Dahkogrin007(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2016
D fear ov jail
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:12am On Jan 01, 2016
ta4ba3:
Why would they grant d asshole bail in d first place... if it was a street thief or a g boy.... they would have jailed them before u know it

So you don't want a trial.

Have you heard of innocent till proven guilty?

We have the judiciary for a reason. Tell your Buhari to face his executive functions and stop abusing the institutions of Justice.

The illiterate should read the constitution and averse himself of his limitations.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2016
naijafella:

Mumu of 2016

Happy new year zombie

May the scales fall from your eyes this year

13 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by ta4ba3(m): 9:16am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

We have the judiciary for a reason. Tell your Buhari to face his executive functions and stop abusing the institutions of Justice.

The illiterate should read the constitution and averse himself of his limitations.

Bro am not a fan of buhari... but dis is naija d asshole might bribe his way out.. just like saraki

18 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by drss(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2016
clevvermind:
buhari should just free this man na. why is he making himself above the law?
dat rotimi williams will soon eat his words. Dis ar d pipul dat justify tyrrany under d excuse of ''interest of d nation''. Is buari God Dat man is despicable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:21am On Jan 01, 2016
ta4ba3:

Bro am not a fan of buhari... but dis is naija d asshole might bribe his way out.. just like saraki

This is what the street mob use to justify lynching to death armed robbery suspects.

You see your jungle mindset

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by ta4ba3(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

This is what the street mob use to justify lynching to death armed robbery suspects.

You see your jungle mindset

U saying all dis Cuz u don't know what d military men are facing due to d greed of dese man... he deserves everything he's getting

20 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by APCsupporter: 9:26am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

Buhari will not obey court orders and there is nothing you can do about it. When they were stealing didnt they remember that its against the constitution? Oh, the useless ottuoke drunkard bastard said stealing is not corruption

41 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by efilefun(m): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:
All these fake beggings.

I laff.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by suxkill: 9:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Hahahaha, Once upon a time!!!

1 Like

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by kestolove95(m): 9:31am On Jan 01, 2016
Hidiot, we shud leav u so u can run abi

5 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:32am On Jan 01, 2016
APCsupporter:

Buhari will not obey court orders and there is nothing you can do about it. When they were stealing didnt they remember that its against the constitution? Oh, the useless ottuoke drunkard bastard said stealing is not corruption

Spoken like a true zombie

7 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by shizzy7(f): 9:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Begging??

After killing people.....
That man committed mass murder indirectly..

Some people are crazyyyy for calling buhari a dictator ..

36 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:37am On Jan 01, 2016
ta4ba3:

U saying all dis Cuz u don't know what d military men are facing due to d greed of dese man... he deserves everything he's getting

Prepare a tight case with evidence and see if Dasuki won't be convicted

The onus lies on the prosecution to provide evidence that Dasuki is guilty

That is how it works

No other authority can declare Dasuki guilty other than the judiciary

4 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Lytech(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2016
Why even requesting for bail...
A common man will rot in jail for commiting a crime less than what this man did...
Come to think of it,is there equality in delivering judgement in this country? Or are some people above the law...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by teadrake(m): 9:43am On Jan 01, 2016
PMB should transfer DASUKI to IDPs for him to witness the devastating effect of his action.Am sure they will lynch him to death.Any legal idiot that calls for the Release of DASUKI should also pay a courtesy visit to the IDPs to feed their pathetic eyes

37 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by vecman22(m): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2016
Me will take dis pple serious when that Thief called GEJ is brought to book...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / 2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / Air Force Shared Old Pictures As Proof Of Recent Victory Over Boko Haram - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.