Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun (42428 Views)

Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / $2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay / EFCC Arrests Salihu Atawodi For N600m Arms Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Chibuzoc(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2016
Lawless con3 what a shame. Above the law part1
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by teadrake(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2016
Lytech:
Why even requesting for bail...
A common man will rot in jail for commiting a crime less than what this man did...
Come to think of it,is there equality in delivering judgement in this country? Or are some people above the law...
God bless you my brother. A young man is still awaiting trial in detention for almost 4years now for stealing a goat.Where is the rule of law in that?DASUKI practically murdered our innocent soldiers and citizens by being the most active ATM machine,even better than GTB in disbursing fund to every card carrying member of PDP and some miserable lawyers are talking about Rule of law.Thunder that will fire them is getting ready

10 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Yeske2(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2016
Goodyshoes:
We have a dictatorship here in Nigeria....
A leopard does not change its spots. However long it might take.....
Meanwhile, Happy new year....
If it takes a dictator to clear up the mess created by PDP,he's highly welcome

6 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by teadrake(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2016
Chibuzoc:
Lawless con3 what a shame. Above the law part1
Keep on ejaculating about law and order.What do you know about law?

1 Like

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by vecman22(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

The same human rights that were accusing your army of killing bokos

I guess traffic blockades warrant a massacre.

I guess the thieves in Buhari's govt are saints and not koworpt like Abacha

I guess shooting of protesters is part of your human rights.

You apc zombies are trading your freedom and that of your children without knowing it.

I think is you ipob idiot dat has traded his freedom..

If you have a case anybody in apc pls head to d court...and stop showing yur ignorance here..

4 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BishopMagic: 9:56am On Jan 01, 2016
vecman22:

I think is you ipob idiot dat has traded his freedom for one Biafra..

If you have a case anybody in apc pls head to d court...and stop showing yur ignorance here..

Now you want to go to the same courts that you refuse to obey?
Your hypocrisy stinks

4 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by lyterydim(m): 9:57am On Jan 01, 2016
The man has not started dealing with you scammers and its like this,the buari I know in the 70s is still joking when his serious dansuki and friends go commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by MRSALT: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2016
teadrake:
PMB should transfer DASUKI to IDPs for him to witness the devastating effect of his action.Am sure they will lynch him to death.Any legal idiot that calls for the Release of DASUKI should also pay a courtesy visit to the IDPs to feed their pathetic eyes

How are sure of what you are saying? If you have evidence, present them before the judges and argue your case. That is why we have lawyers and courts. If you do not want court processes, why then do we still foot their bills? Close down all courts and start jungle justice. One day you will become a victim of false accusation then you will know the importance of separation of powers.

4 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Toks2008(m): 9:58am On Jan 01, 2016
madridguy:
Since our judiciary system is as corrupt as NPF, I think PMB his in better position to take over till there is a better reform in our legal sector. Era of looting Billion and buy the legal system with just 3 Million is over, Lucky Igbinedion case is a clear example. Make both Dasuki and Kanu enjoy small for inside Inbox.

I dont know about nnamdi kano but dansuli must remain in detention
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by DonaldDboss(m): 9:58am On Jan 01, 2016
scape goat
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by miqos02(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2016
wink
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by BIGTinfotech: 9:59am On Jan 01, 2016
PMB no release am o! One only begs when He's guilty as charged.
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by teadrake(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2016
DASUKI should forfeit all the ATM cards he issued out to all his customers and subsequently pay a short visit to the IDPs and witness the damage he caused.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by teadrake(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2016
MRSALT:

How are sure of what you are saying? If you have evidence, present them before the judges and argue your case. That is why we have lawyers and courts. If you do not want court processes, why then do we still foot their bills? Close down all courts and start jungle justice. One day you will become a victim of false accusation then you will know the importance of separation of powers.
So in your measured opinion, DASUKI is innocent even after he admitted to all the wrongdoing?are you in this country at all?You're talking about due process,where was due process when the fund meant for protection of citizens was diverted to their own personal purse?All the lives lost so far is on dasukis head.My brother, this is new year,I wish you prosperity in all ramifications, but please let them continue to dwell in that small hole for now

5 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by pabjo: 10:07am On Jan 01, 2016
eey buhari bye gone bye gone face 2016 wit forgiveness. my opt
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by pedrilo: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2016
I pity those supporting buhari's actions!

Nigerians who support buhari for disregarding our laws will reap all wat they have sowed sooner or later.

Buhari disobeyed court orders with impunity all in the name of fighting corruption.

Why do we have laws if they won't be obeyed by all and sundry?

I'm sure with his present disposition towards our laws, he will not relinquish power if voted out in 2019.

Very bad leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by oluwasegun007(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2016
yes he's a dictator..... he'll dictate the number of looters dat'll go to jail.....meanwhile, i expect him to dictate diz economy back on track
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by arsetalks(m): 10:14am On Jan 01, 2016
clevvermind:
is buhari becoming a dictator?
A dictator that will take us to the promise land.

1 Like

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by marlockj: 10:14am On Jan 01, 2016
III
akinzeb:
•President’s no-release stand splits lawyers

By Chris Iwarah

Former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki, yesterday pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari to allow him enjoy the bail granted him by the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Meanwhile, lawyers yesterday took divergent positions on Buhari’s explanation of the continued detention of former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki and pro-Biafra agitator, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu despite different court orders admitting them to bail.

Buhari said during his first presidential media chat on Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) on Wednesday that Dasuki and Kanu could not be released because they would jump bail, describing the charges against them as serious.

Speaking with Daily Sun on the development yesterday, counsel to Dasuki, Alhaji Ahmed Raji (SAN), said: “I would want to appeal to Mr. President to please allow my client to enjoy the bail that was granted to him. I want to beg him in the name of God. I cannot join words with the president. I have the greatest respect for him, both in his official and personal capacities. My appeal is just that I am begging him in the name of God to allow my client to enjoy his bail.”

But former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Prince Lanke Odogiyan said Buhari’s stand was a manifestation of dictatorship.
The president’s refusal to release Dasuki and Kanu, he warned, was a slide into lawlessness.He urged the NBA, human rights organisations and other non-governmental groups to call the president to order to prevent the nation from sliding into anarchy.

His words: “It’s disobedience of court order and if it’s not checked, it can lead to consequences beyond our imaginations. It’s a manifestation of dictatorial tendencies and it should not be encouraged. The president must be advised by his legal handlers. If he is not satisfied with an order of court, the appropriate thing to do is to appeal. But he can’t disobey it, he can’t ignore it.

“The Nigerian Bar Association, NGOs and human rights bodies will speak with one voice to call Mr. President to order. We have to be careful so that we don’t slide into anarchy. No government should pick and choose what orders to obey.”

Chief Ladi Rotimi-Williams (SAN), however, said the president was acting in the overall interest of the nation.
“The president is at a vantage point to know what is good for the nation at any given time. Sambo Dasuki is a very powerful man and you don’t take such powerful men lightly.

“I am sure he (Buhari) has placed the interest of the nation over and above the interest of Sambo Dasuki, ditto for Kanu. He is not doing so because he doesn’t like their faces.”
The interest of the nation overrides everything else.”

President of the African Bar Association, Mr. Hannibal Uwaifo also insisted that Buhari was on the right path.
He said it was sentimental to claim that Buhari was the one responsible for the continued detention of Dasuki and Kanu. The detainees, he said, were contending with the consequences of infringing the nation’s laws.

Former Chairman of the Ikeja branch of NBA, Mr. Monday Ubani, however, said Buhari’s comments might have been misunderstood.
He said: “Whatever the president has said, he can’t play the roles of the legislature, executive, and the judiciary. The judiciary will certainly handle the cases that are before it. The president can only execute what the judiciary has said. So, I don’t want whatever the president has said to be taken out of proportion.

What I understand the president to be saying actually, which he may not have put in a way that every person would understand, is that we can’t allow a system where prominent people alleged to have committed heinous crimes are given all manner of luxuries after they have put a lot of people in problem and they can’t stay here and answer the charges; they now want to go abroad for treatment while this same thing is not extended to the poor.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/arms-scam-dasuki-begs-buhari/

Am Nt an apc man Bt pdp

Bt I strongly support Buhari in this,Hw cn a corrupt man b allow to Evn Hv bail wen a street guy who steal 20k is as good as dead by angry mob.

My question is this Wat does he need bail for? He is given access to his lawyers.

If he is sick doctors in Nigeria will treat him.

Let him stay one place nothing Lik traveling for medical Wat eva.

I Hv Neva seen a mean president Lik Buhari,Evn better than my gej.

As for nnamani that guy is a prblm to dis country,we r here trying to deal wit boko he is inciting anoda war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 01, 2016
Is th FG the legislature as well as the judiciary...I think he shud sack his legal advisers and obey court orders. All this is only making a case for the opposition...and am sure when the time come to beg for votes, some ppl will distance themselves from...
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Lordave: 10:18am On Jan 01, 2016
madridguy:
Since our judiciary system is as corrupt as NPF, I think PMB his in better position to take over till there is a better reform in our legal sector. Era of looting Billion and buy the legal system with just 3 Million is over, Lucky Igbinedion case is a clear example. Make both Dasuki and Kanu enjoy small for inside Inbox.
The same judiciary that sworn him in as the president even without required certificate?

He should also reverse his case.
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by SmartMugu: 10:18am On Jan 01, 2016
Why isn't anyone mentioning Akpobolokemi? Isn't he in the same situation?
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by MRSALT: 10:19am On Jan 01, 2016
teadrake:

So in your measured opinion, DASUKI is innocent even after he admitted to all the wrongdoing?are you in this country at all?You're talking about due process,where was due process when the fund meant for protection of citizens was diverted to their own personal purse?All the lives lost so far is on dasukis head.My brother, this is new year,I wish you prosperity in all ramifications, but please let them continue to dwell in that small hole for now

Bros, no one is exonerating Dasuki, I will even love to hear that he is convicted and sent to jail. That is why I supported change of government. This present administration will be better than the former . Nevertheless, as a victim of false accusation, I don't support media trial. What PMB should do is to have a closed door meeting with members of NJC so as to win their support. He can also investigate all judges to arrest the corrupt ones. After sanitizing the judiciary, then all corrupt politicians would be arrested. But to disobey court order, it is no no to all learned men. Civilization started in the law courts. Don't downplay its importance.
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by josite: 10:19am On Jan 01, 2016
I am a lawyer,buhari is very right.kanu and dasuki will run away but what buhari should do is to ensure they are given maximum comfort in a maximum security prison.they should be allowed acess to their wives and cooks and doctors and relatives because they are both political prisoners in a way.the judges ought to have taken inot cognisance the sensitive nature of their offence and refrain from giving an order in vain.even in the usa,the pentagon has refused to close the guatemano prison where terrorists are held.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by joseph1832(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Sometimes I wonder why most of these lawyers always like to speak via their anus.

I'll want to ask them who would grant bail to the thousands of lives lost as a result of Dasuki's cheerful giving of money meant to procure arms and ammunition.

I believe in by honest opinion, people like Dasuki shouldn't be granted bail on whatever condition.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Larryfest(m): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2016
Wats wit all dis rule of law trash pple ar saying sef ehn? D same rule of law dat sentenced a man for stealing less dan 15k which we all read here on NL or d one dats has bin keeping some pple awaiting trial for ova 5yrs innocent or guilty? Abeg naija isnt a place anybody shud talk abt rule of law pls
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by ubah84(m): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2016
dat judge that granted dasuki bail shud b stone to death
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by Onwe101(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Not a buhari fan but I think some issues are best handled the tough way.....
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by madridguy(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2016
You mean an Army General don't have certificate ? Do you know what its takes to be a General ?

Lordave:
The same judiciary that sworn him in as the president even without required certificate?

He should also reverse his case.
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by chemmerfrank(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Sorry oh but am confused.. Is nnamdi kanu still in detention?
Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2016
Speaking with Daily Sun on the development yesterday, counsel to Dasuki, Alhaji Ahmed Raji (SAN), said: “I would want to appeal to Mr. President to please allow my client to enjoy the bail that was granted to him. I want to beg him in the name of God. I cannot join words with the president. I have the greatest respect for him, both in his official and personal capacities. My appeal is just that I am begging him in the name of God to allow my client to enjoy his bail.”
Even Dasuki lawyer knows that the arrest of Dasuki doesn't flout any law or court order. Hence, his plea! But unfortunately, the case is that between the State and Dasuki, and not between Buhari and Dasuki.

1 Like

Re: Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun by montepaul: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2016
It's a Shame that our President is overriding court orders and Judgement and we as Nigerians see nothing wrong in it. You say the judiciary system is corrupt but this same judiciary has been giving out judgements in favour of the ruling party and it wasn't corrupt. We are are allowing dictatorship, our consolidated democracy is being threatened and we say it's OK cos it's Baba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Outfit An Ex-Soldier Wore In Imo State(photo) / Federal Lawmakers From Abia Visit Orji Kalu Following Release / Policewomen Searching Women At Eid Prayer Ground In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.