Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu (1173 Views)

Red Egbesu Water Lions Demand Release Of Dasuki And Kanu / EFCC Charges Dasuki And Dokpesi To Court / US Show Exposes Transaction Between Dasuki, CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 9:08am On Jan 01, 2016
I have noticed with disdain that Buhari and his Apc co-travellers now find it convenient to lump Kanu (a respected freedom fighter and activist) and Dasuki (an allegedly corrupt security chief) together in his fight against them.

Buhari conveniently spoke on the two lumping them together as if they commited the same crimes and exclaiming 'if you see the crimes these two people commited" and i ask why lumping Kanu and dasuki together? Are they charged for similar crimes? Was kanu a former nigerian corrupt official?

While i can't hold brief for dasuki, (i really don't fancy nigerian politicians in whatever form they may come), i will tell you why Buhari is trying to paint kanu with the same brush he painted dasuki.

The only similarity between them is that they once insulted buhari nothing more;

-Dasuki played a key role in overthrowing him in the 80s. Which he has not forgotten.

-Kanu called him a "pedophile and a terrorist".

These watered the common ground for which buhari hates them passionately, any other thing is superficial.

Buhari can keep promoting his feelings over the Judiciary because as history has taught us dictators don't live forever. They are mere mortals like the rest of us. Some even closer to their graves than the rest of us by natural order. Killing or hanging Activist kanu will not end Biafra according to Wole soyinka.

Thank you all for reading.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Goodyshoes(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2016
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Dahkogrin007(m): 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
Ok
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 9:17am On Jan 01, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
Ok

Goodyshoes:

My people, my thread no dey ever reach frontpage since Lair mohammed do meeting with s.eun. So make una no too get hope. cheesy
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 9:49am On Jan 01, 2016
egift, tonyebarcanista, omenka, risingsun1, aigbofa, bloodyblogger, hiddenshadow, EasternLion, APchangeZombie, asadike, fash20, easternpride, 1united1, vivianblog, hiddenshadow, nduchucks, adamucowboy, stola, fulanimafia, efilefun, fisinfunkododada, sameer1212, Acejams, bryan39, leopardd,longeria, thedevilhimself, opcnairaland, Elton123, princesaha, noblezone, rose2014, biafranqueen, Apccrimeshd
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by dmater: 10:12am On Jan 01, 2016
I have also been thinking in that direction on why Kanu's case is being lumped together with Dasuki's. It maybe a sinister plot to create confusion in the minds of people who may not be familiar with the activism of Kanu and what he stands for.
Part of the motive maybe to make it seem like Kanu looted the fund meant to wage war against Boko Haram or that he has a share in Dansuki's loot.
Whichever even the recent arrangement of hotel witnesses against Kanu looks childish and probably adds no substance to the case against him. It merely adds more drama to the entertainment industry.

2 Likes

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 10:25am On Jan 01, 2016
dmater:
I have also been thinking in that direction on why Kanu's case is being lumped together with Dasuki's. It maybe a sinister plot to create confusion in the minds of people who may not be familiar with the activism of Kanu and what he stands for.
Part of the motive maybe to make it seem like Kanu looted the fund meant to wage war against Boko Haram or that he has a share in Dansuki's loot.
Whichever even the recent arrangement of hotel witnesses against Kanu looks childish and probably adds no substance to the case against him. It merely adds more drama to the entertainment industry.

The president can only fool himself if thinks that kanu's activism can not be extricated from Dasuki's fraud case. Why he lumps them together is not because of activism or fraud per se. It is because Dasuki help to overthrow him in the coup that removed his jackboot government in the 80s and kanu on the other hand called him "a pedophile and a terrorist". Any other thing is superficial and just an excuse to detain them.
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Rose2014: 10:40am On Jan 01, 2016
Either way I think he should just take Fayose's advice and close down the courts. Period. Let him be the jury, the judge etc.

I used to think an accused is innocent until proven guilty at the court of law. With the president doubling as the judge, jury and executioner, an accused is guilty until proven guilty at all costs undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by ElekeNtioba: 10:49am On Jan 01, 2016
Buhari is a vindictive prîck.
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Shaftrod(m): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2016
@anticabal1. After reading through your post here, it actually dawned on me that you don't possibly know the gravity of the offence allegedly committed by Kanu. I won't waste my time explaining here..You can ask anybody with a clarity of thought whether somebody who surreptitiously came into the country was not quilty of a crime. And not only that he came in with 'sophisticated equipments' mark the words by the president, which in a broader sense might be interpreted in a law court as equipments for espionage activities in order to relay or disseminate information about the strenght and weaknesses of sensitive security matters to an enemy. Even when his antecedent of not only running a pirate radio is tendered in evidence and all seditious publications are considered, then it would dawn on most of you that a political solution instead of media propaganda would have helped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2016
Shaftrod:
@anticabal1. After reading through your post here, it actually dawned on me that you don't possibly know the gravity of the offence allegedly committed by Kanu. I won't waste my time explaining here..You can ask anybody with a clarity of thought whether somebody who surreptitiously came into the country was not quilty of a crime. And not only that he came in with 'sophisticated equipments' mark the words by the president, which in a broader sense might be interpreted in a law court as equipments for espionage activities in order to relay or disseminate information about the strenght and weaknesses of sensitive security matters to an enemy. Even when his antecedent of not only running a pirate radio is tendered in evidence and all seditious publications are considered, then it would dawn on most of you that a political solution instead of media propaganda would have helped.

You zombies keep shouting gravity!, gravity! and the court keep telling you he is innocent! he is innocent! Are you going to be the judge and the prosecutor at the same time? Did kanu bribe the judges? He came with radio transmitters, how that amounts to treason only in your daura brains is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 11:48am On Jan 01, 2016
Rose2014:
Either way I think he should just take Fayose's advice and close down the courts. Period. Let him be the jury, the judge etc.

I used to think an accused is innocent until proven guilty at the court of law. With the president doubling as the judge, jury and executioner, an accused is guilty until proven guilty at all costs undecided

I have said it before, let Buhari close down the courts since they of no use, so we know we are in a full jackboot regime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Shaftrod(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

You zombies keep shouting gravity!, gravity! and the court keep telling you he is innocent! he is innocent! Are you going to be the judge and the prosecutor at the same time? Did kanu bribe the judges? He came with radio transmitters, how that amounts to treason only in your daura brains is beyond me.
Which court pronounced him innocent? Has his trial really begun? He was arraigned in a magistrate court which lacks the jurisdiction to entertain such case and the court threw out the case. Only high courts can entertain such cases.Just wait until the real trial begins, you'll know who the zombies really are.
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Achuwa1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
Which other high court are u talking about,is it the same high court tht stroke out all charges against him by fg & said he should be released unconditionally

1 Like

Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Anticabal1 happy new year. That's what I have for you today. Stay bless. Cheers! grin
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
sameer1212:
Anticabal1 happy new year. That's what I have for you today. Stay bless. Cheers! grin

happy new year to you too. God bless you.
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

happy new year to you too. God bless you.

Kanu will be shot by firing squad or beheaded by the Nigerian troops to serve as a lesson to other IPO-Baboons out there. The era of cluelessness is gone. Fucck the courts and their judgement. The commander in chief needs kanu's head on a plate and he will get it. All you can do is rant online and get shot if u decide to have street protest. Remember Idi Amin's quote; " you have freedom of speech but freedom after speech I cannot guarantee"

Kanu used his freedom of speech stupidly and it's time to pay for his so called bravery
Re: The Association Between Dasuki And Kanu by anticabal1: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
irunoobo:

Kanu will be shot by firing squad or beheaded by the Nigerian troops to serve as a lesson to other IPO-Baboons out there. The era of cluelessness is gone. Fucck the courts and their judgement. The commander in chief needs kanu's head on a plate and he will get it. All you can do is rant online and get shot if u decide to have street protest. Remember Idi Amin's quote; " you have freedom of speech but freedom after speech I cannot guarantee"

Kanu used his freedom of speech stupidly and it's time to pay for his so called bravery

Ok ma, we have heard you.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Says He Would Rather Invest In Agriculture Than Give N5k To Nigerians / Osinbajo’s Trip To India Cancelled To Stop Saraki From Being Acting President. / Photos Of A Nigerian Female Soldier Allegedly Beheaded By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.