Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Right Hand Drive Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Right Hand Drive Cars (2350 Views)

I Need To Convert This Mercedes Benz C200 To A Left Hand Drive / . / Front Wheel And Rear/back Wheel Drive Cars...pros And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Right Hand Drive Cars by rextronics(m): 10:52am On Jan 01, 2016
Hi, I am thinking about buying these six cars from Japan. Toyota crown, toyota IST, Nissan March/sunny and honda Odyssey all under 99 to 03. As you all know, they are right hand drives. I am worried about their conversion kits/conversions and the price. Your opinions and advice will be appreciated.
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by mayor2013: 11:04am On Jan 01, 2016
rextronics:
Hi, I am thinking about buying these six cars from Japan. Toyota crown, toyota IST, Nissan March/sunny and honda Odyssey all under 99 to 03. As you all know, they are right hand drives. I am worried about their conversion kits/conversions and the price. Your opinions and advice will be appreciated.

Have them converted there if you can
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by rextronics(m): 12:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
mayor2013:

Have them converted there if you can
Thanks Mayor but I'm looking at the possibility of having them done here especially the crown and Odyssey as they have unique dashboards and in the case of odyssey gear selector. The others I believe have european versions. The Nissan march is Micra for example but I would like to know if they are available here in Nigeria and a good mechanic who can convert them.
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2016
rextronics:

Thanks Mayor but I'm looking at the possibility of having them done here especially the crown and Odyssey as they have unique dashboards and in the case of odyssey gear selector. The others I believe have european versions. The Nissan march is Micra for example but I would like to know if they are available here in Nigeria and a good mechanic who can convert them.

I would NOT get any of these converted in Nigeria. But, it's your call.
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by mayor2013: 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
rextronics:

s

Conversion in Nigeria is not the issue. The big question here is would it be done well. Have a converted nissan almera recrntly brought to my workshop. It was converted in naija. All CAN wirings have been compromised. Now the car has a security system issue. These are some of the issues you could likely face and much more
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by johntredon: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2016
rextronics:

bring them all to ibadan for good work
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by rextronics(m): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2016
johntredon:
bring them all to ibadan for good work
You still haven't answered my question. Are these dashboards available here in Nigeria. I mean the crown and Odyssey dashboards
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by Lexusgs430: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
rextronics:

Rather than buy 6 RHD, best to buy 3 original LHD vehicles.
I know cars in Japan could be cheap, but would be a loss leader on the long run!!!
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by Lexusgs430: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
rextronics:

. Rather than buy 6 RHD, best to buy 3 original LHD vehicles.
I know cars in Japan could be cheap, but would be a loss leader on the long run!!!
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by DGD1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
rextronics:

You still haven't answered my question. Are these dashboards available here in Nigeria. I mean the crown and Odyssey dashboards

dashboard is not the problem, they abound only dat of d crown dat myt take tym to see.
if you are bringing to Ibadan, some guys are in molete and oke bola, you have no fear
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by rextronics(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

. Rather than buy 6 RHD, best to buy 3 original LHD vehicles.

Thanks. I am considering them for their unique looks, they are not for sale especially these two. The crown and Odyssey. The Odeyssey because of its unique interior and the crown....you know na but if all else fails, I will rather go for LHD though e go pain me if it cant be done here.
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by popplm(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
DGD1:

dashboard is not the problem, they abound only dat of d crown dat myt take tym to see.
if you are bringing to Ibadan, some guys are in molete and oke bola, you have no fear
pls I have a 2004 RHD of toyota avensis and will need a perfect technician to convert for me. Pls can you tell me more about this guys and their contact.
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by DGD1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
popplm:
pls I have a 2004 RHD of toyota avensis and will need a perfect technician to convert for me. Pls can you tell me more about this guys and their contact.

I can vouch for them, the one @ molete has his workshop close to adedibu's house, the other side of the road though. He did quite a number of jobs I saw and was impressed, except you were told the car was converted (camry pencil, camry muscle, honda civic 2005, honda accord 2006 European model) those I know and drove
some had display and was tested after conversion worked well also scanned to check 4 electrical fault, none.
I don't have his number also forgot his name it's been a while
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by popplm(m): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2016
DGD1:

I can vouch for them, the one @ molete has his workshop close to adedibu's house, the other side of the road though. He did quite a number of jobs I saw and was impressed, except you were told the car was converted (camry pencil, camry muscle, honda civic 2005, honda accord 2006 European model) those I know and drove
some had display and was tested after conversion worked well also scanned to check 4 electrical fault, none.
I don't have his number also forgot his name it's been a while
thanks a lot for this Info bro, I will appreciate if you can give proper description of the workshop and how I can locate them as I will like to do the conversion next week.
Re: Right Hand Drive Cars by lekbel09(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
popplm:
thanks a lot for this Info bro, I will appreciate if you can give proper description of the workshop and how I can locate them as I will like to do the conversion next week.
Boss how far with Your conversion.please hope to hear from you sooon

(1) (Reply)

EOD Engine And Gear Box. / FIRST Time Car User / Honda CRV 2007 Vs Toyota RAV4 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.