Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,392 members, 7,954,570 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

Brontok - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Brontok (1738 Views)

I Can Not Open Ms-dos, Brontok Message What Could That Be. / Brontok Virus / About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brontok by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2006
Who has had experiences with the Brontok virus?
Please share your experiences

Tayo
Re: Brontok by Ejosme(m): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2006
Hi Tayo,

I've had quite an experience with the virus. It infected my laptop and caused me serious havoc. I know you need a kind of assistance but i think you should be explicit.

Thanks.
Re: Brontok by Neoteny(m): 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2006
the worm that just wont go.

but im getting a handle on how it infects. anytime u have a folder it copies itself as *thatfolder*.exe, and clicking on it activates the worm. so what i do is, i check within all folders and hover the mouse over any suspicious .exe folders. if the size is 44kb then its brontok and i send it packing to the recycle bin to be purged later by brontok Washer. as well, seeing as i have vista inspirat installed, any yellow folder in the style of the default winxp folder icon IS brontok, as normal folders are transformed by the inspirat shellstyle into the pale blue vista type. and thats how i identify brontok lurking in my system. but its a long-drawn out war.
Re: Brontok by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2006
@ejosme
Contrary to what you think, I had gotten rid of Brontok.A from my computer when I wrote that!!
Re: Brontok by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2006
@aji can u plz tell us how u got read of it?
Re: Brontok by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2006
Now, that's exactly what I made this thread for.

Go find NOD32. It works wonderfully. By ESET
Use it together with Anti-Brontok by Jerbee
Also together with Brontok Washer by cool_ertanto

If you use the three together, your computer's free!!!
Re: Brontok by Airborne: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]
That brontok A virus has people really wondering what to do.from my own experience i conclude that most of these big(i mean high selling) antivirus companies dont just get it.tha thing is that just get anti viruses from smaller companies(because they got a sort of alliance or relatioship with hackers) like avast or avg because they have worked for me.
Re: Brontok by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 20, 2006
i also experince on my system, it finally destroyed my laptop.
Just go and get Avast Anti-Virus ver 4.7 always available at COMP VILLA.
It works perfectly fine.When asked what you want to do with the virus when it has been detected, click on delete all. ok?
Re: Brontok by jammin(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2006
well i know brontok is on this machine i'm using. i dont care to remove it right now. what i will do when i am ready is just to scrub this machine. nothing important is on it anyway.
Re: Brontok by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2006
@ jamminn
no matter how many times you format your system.I formatted mine about four times and still keep on reappearing after some few days after reinstalling a new OS.
So better remove it with the antivirus software i proposed.
Re: Brontok by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2006
jammin:

well i know brontok is on this machine i'm using. i don't care to remove it right now. what i will do when i am ready is just to scrub this machine. nothing important is on it anyway.

I hope you won't regret later. Get rid of that thing now. It's going to crash your computer, I tell you. PM me if you want to know more. Or if you'd rather I posted it here, say so.
Re: Brontok by demsi: 12:18am On Jan 10, 2007
i have had series of experience with the powerful worm. it grows and multiplies every six hours in ur pc and virually destroys all your files,alters your screen resolution and many other things. if you leave your computer for so long, i think you may end up not using the hard disc again.
it is unfortunate many anti virus softwares can not remove this worm, but the almighty avast installer does that very well.
BRONTOK COMES IN MANY VARIETIES, LIKE BRONTOK -A , B, C, I, J AND F. and the out break of brontok introduces trojan worm into the system too.
Re: Brontok by kollyp2000(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2007
i THINK WHEN YOU ARE POSTING THIS, NEW MCAFFEE (MACFEE 2007) IS NOT YET OUT, ITWORK WOMNDER WITH BRONTOK WITH ANY EXTENSION, I HAVE TRIED IT COS IT NEARLY BROKE DOWN MY GATEWAY, CHEERS, U
Re: Brontok by sanimalik(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2007
Please can anyone tell me how tell if you've got the virus n your pc
Re: Brontok by Azanor(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2007
brontok is quite old school, it passed away from my system with 2005. get avg with a few updates and it should take care of it. also try downloading a repair tool to restore your system settings

(1) (Reply)

Hot! Wholesale Brand New Hp Laptop At Lowest Price 250 Usd! / Is NIIT Worth The Amount? / Sold: 500GB External/ Internal Hard Drive For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.