Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way (23224 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by ksstroud: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2016
Lemme park here
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by scentmarlc(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
davide470:
Nice points Lero15.

Networking cannot be overemphasize. On the Jobs & Career section, there is always an employee of almost all the white and blue collar sector in Nigeria. You just have to ask constructive questions, monitor comments/advise, make meaningful contributions, send that PM and quit attacking people especially Job posters

Just a few benefits:

.A little while back, a Nlander working with one of the big 4 sent me a mail requesting for some data on the Capital market, I obliged and he was praised by his colleagues and manager. He felt like a Superstar: His words. Lol.

.Funny how I went for an interview in the early part of last year and my interviewer was a Nlander who recognised my moniker as it was the email I used to forward my CV. The interview was very pleasant and nairalandish. grin

and many more..

Lalasticlala, wanna share your experience?

Nice one bro.

That what I keep saying..... Goodness is a Karma on it own cheesy

I love new like this

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Woke4all(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by faites(f): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
This is so helpful. I just got out of a job that lasted 5 years and I feel at a loss on how to navigate my way in the job market. Things are so different now.
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by ambassadorgozie(m): 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
nmreports:
Nice.

Few tips for you guys:

A) When you do not hear from an interviewer after a week (Except they mentioned exactly when they will contact you), send a courtesy email or a courtesy call requesting for feedback.

B) When you lose out on a job you so much want, cry about it. Yes cry! It makes you stronger and it makes you understand the implication of mistakes, unpreparedness, being lackadaisical about your career pursuit. Cry about it but more importantly, be angered to be better.

C) One of the best ways to be shortlisted is to follow all requirements as specified. Follow thoroughly what they have asked you.
For Example; Kindly use your surname with the position as subject. That's a very simple instruction.

D) Stop forwarding emails from phones and Blackberries without editing. Even the "sent from blackberry wireless" signature can bring bad luck. Edit your CV to the job specifications and apply accordingly.

The implication of not following C and D above is that, there are softwares that HR personnels use now that uses key words to discard CVs and applications before it even gets to their inbox. It removes all OND if they have asked for BSc. It removes all the ones that did not follow the email subject accordingly. All they need to do is enter the command on the software.

E) Learn how to use power words in your emails, in your application and most especially in your interviews.
One of my King-Killer-Sentence is after each meeting (I call it meeting instead of interview) I stand up and with sincerity, I tell my interviewer that I so much like him or her. Sometimes I tell them they can expect good results if I am taken. Sometimes I can give myself targets during the interview and tell them in so so months, there will be so so and so.

The list goes on but don't not let me bore you.
Let Jarus and Mynd44 come and talk too. I admire their brilliance.

By; www.nairamode.com

Guy u nailed it..

Daalu
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by wroskian(m): 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nice tips Lero15 and others wink

I'll add my own in form of sharing an experience I had here last year.

On a certain afternoon, roaming to and fro NL job section brought me face-to-face with an advert for management trainees in an oil and gas firm. I jumped in to get a better view, and also to read comments from other jobseekers. I immediately noticed everybody was bashing the OP left, right, and centre calling him/her a scammer. I was like, "abi this people don take Osogbo weed ni grin grin na oyel job be this o grin ". I discovered the major reason for tagging the OP a scammer was because the email address provided for receipt of applications was a conventional one (i.e "dasuki@gmail.com" and not "dasuki@oilcompanyname.com"wink. Everyone became virtually an experienced jobseeker, proving different non-existent theories.

Of course I met all the requirements except for the age limit which I exceeded by few months, but still I decided to apply. So, I clicked the link provided which took me to the person's blog. I decided to do a bit of background check, so I clicked the poster's profile and was redirected to the poster's google+ profile page. Lo and behold!, the "scammer" (a woman) is a top executive in an indigenous oil company. (Hint: company also produces lubricants for the Nigerian market). I carried out further checks to confirm the woman's identity, and I was satisfied.

Despite my ineligibility, I sent my CV and waited. 12 days later, a response came from the woman commending my excellent resume and all that, but added I won't be shortlisted due to age restrictions (I wondered how she knew because I didn't include my age in my CV). All the same, I sent her another mail thanking her and requesting to be considered for future opportunities. On one hand, I was sad I couldn't get in; on the other hand, I got a morale booster from the woman's comments (who that one don help smiley ).

Lessons:
1. Not every advert asking you to send applications to a gmail or yahoo email address is a scam.

2. Some people are on NL to shout "scam" to discourage others from applying so the competition could be reduced. Watch out!!!

3. Learn to verify all job adverts and interview invites. If you can't verify an advert, go ahead to apply once there are no real pointers to it being a scam. But once you are invited, be sure of the authenticity.

4. Be courteous to everyone you meet here, you don't know who is behind the moniker you just insulted.

*modified*
*Pardon my epistle* CHEERS!!! smiley

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by jazinogold(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Viewing this topic:xxgig,Tolution1,wroskian,megawax8,Diznie(f),kelvincoke(m),Femich18(m),RealJenny(f) and 5 guest(s) grin

My little tip!
its never too early to start applying for job vacancies especially for those serving!

5 Likes

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
NICE POINt LERO... UR HEAD DE DERE BUH U DE OFFEND ME HOPE U NO DAt
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by XtraSmooth404: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
Aptly put. Nice one @Lero15
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 03, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by laoludavid(m): 7:47am On Jan 03, 2016
Do people with N. C. E certificate still have chance in labour market?
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by thorbar(m): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2016
Lero15:
4. Read Job Materials
Are you a job seeker, Corps member, awaiting
NYSC, final year undergraduate?? Please get
used to GMAT, SHL, CUBIKS,etc, DRAGNET and
WORKFORCE-styled questions! How I wish we did
some course about these materials in our
undergraduate days, seriously! If you are seeing
this and you don’t know about these job tests,
please find out. We have numerous thread on
Jobs/Vacancies section where some samples are
shared

Abeg ao can i gt dis job materials.. be it link, pdf any which way..pls lemme no
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
NICE POINt LERO... UR HEAD DE DERE BUH U DE OFFEND ME HOPE U NO DAt

Yeeeh. Bros, no vex biko. I
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
XtraSmooth404:
Aptly put. Nice one @Lero15

Thanks bro.
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2381756/gmat-resume-templatesresume-maker-pro

Please click the link for job tests samples

Cc adeniyitheprof
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Jazmiynne: 4:37am On Jan 04, 2016
Jamean:
- know what the Company of your interest does and mingle with people already in that practice.

- after any failed attempt do not conclude that you are a douche bag, dust yourself and brush up your skills.

- always prepare in anticipation of a potential opportunity. Try to reduce crash preparation to avoid tension.

- get on LinkedIn and connect with employees of companies of your interest, register your interest but don't be a pest. A silent vacancy can be available and you will be informed. It really works as I got my present job via this mode. Yes, a total stranger who has never asked for a reward.

- even on a good job, don't stop your search if that's not yet your Eureka. at your bus stop, thrive to keep being relevant.

- Seek God's direction. This can't be over emphasized as I don't believe a job seeker must apply to every vacancy. I may be wrong though.

MMXVI

#wemoveup#
#itestify#
#careerexcellence#
#pleasantplaces#
#endlessopportunities#
#beauty4ashes#

There is a reason why i just like you! Ekuse! wink

2 Likes

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Jazmiynne: 4:38am On Jan 04, 2016
Lero15.... This is a fine thread really....Kudos

#Following
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Jamean(f): 4:53am On Jan 04, 2016
Jazmiynne:

There is a reason why i just like you! Ekuse! wink
aaaww baby.. I like you too wink
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Jazmiynne: 5:08am On Jan 04, 2016
Jamean:

aaaww baby.. I like you too wink

#Blushing smiley smiley
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 7:45am On Jan 04, 2016
Jazmiynne:
Lero15.... This is a fine thread really....Kudos

#Following

Thanks smiley
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by istanboi: 8:30am On Jan 04, 2016
By God's grace this year would not pass me bye. Am so gonna hold fast to this section of nairaland. Thanks for the piece of advice
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
istanboi:
By God's grace this year would not pass me bye. Am so gonna hold fast to this section of nairaland. Thanks for the piece of advice

Uwc.
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
laoludavid:
Do people with N. C. E certificate still have chance in labour market?

Hello. Please check the link

https://www.nairaland.com/1909933/post-entry-level-industrial-trainee/8

Cc eremy
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 6:49am On Feb 01, 2016
Happy new month!
Download test materials for free

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42ljhn5vfedg7u2/AAAjRJRwjSt1YixewTx2Rkkda?dl=0

Cc TheRealAdonye

1 Like

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Tradeafriq: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
[url]Betahjobs.com[/url]
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Bukingjosh: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I need a good Job to keep my brains busy as my company could not meet up with the salary payment and had to cut down the staff strength by 50% which affected me. If anyone has any useful job adds or vacancy that is good and can pay my bills, please do well to send me a mail on bukingjoshua@ymail.com
Am a graduate of Industrial Physics, with a 3rd class Honor from University of Benin. I reside in Lagos
Looking forward to a good responds soon
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by baba11(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2016
Lero15:
Happy new month!
Download test materials for free

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42ljhn5vfedg7u2/AAAjRJRwjSt1YixewTx2Rkkda?dl=0

Cc TheRealAdonye
...the link has been removed!

1 Like

Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Lero15(m): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
baba11:

...the link has been removed!

@ TherealAdonye pls help
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Admiralos(m): 12:37am On Feb 11, 2017
You know any graduate of Insurance with relevant working experience or anyone with years of experience in Insurance? Tell the person we need him/her for immediate employment...
Send your CV to osadeniran@gmail.com
Re: Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way by Charlieubochi: 10:16am On Apr 20, 2017
PROGRAMME OFFICER

PMC LTD is a Canadian based NGO with offices in Africa,we partner with SAB (Scientific Advisory Board) and ACDC (American Center for Disease Control). We are currently searching for vibrant,intelligent and energetic youths in Nigeria to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. PMC LTD works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on poverty eradication, Community Health and, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender equity.

BASIC INCENTIVES

* Every successful candidate after the screening exercise will be trained if qualified the candidate will be eligible for an international training in either South Africa, Dubai, or California
* Each candidate during the training will receive monthly bonuses after which will be placed on a progressive salary, with various allowances .
* Successful candidates will enjoy time flexibility during and after the training exercise

About the Role.

Every candidate will pass through a written and oral interview session after which each successful candidate will be trained courtesy of SAB and ACDC. This training empowers the individual to live beyond poverty and create lasting wealth through people management regardless of gender, age or other dimension of diversity .

JOB REQUIREMENTS

MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:

1 year

MIN QUALIFICATION:

Bachelor's Degree/HND

DESIRED COURSES:

Not Specified

Rivers State. (Surrounding States also acceptable)

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:

About You

You must have a 1st degree in Social Science or development related field with at least 1 year experience with a local or an international based NGO as well as strong writing, analytical and documentation skills.
A good knowledge of programme management, financial controls and procedures as well as direct experience of developing partners capacity is an added advantage.

Further information

This role requires applicants to work in the state where this position is based.

We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.

You can expect a wide range of rewards, benefits,and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.

Competency questions

As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:

Build partnerships

Tell us about a time when you were proactive in taking on new and additional work to achieve a team or organisational goal: What was the situation? What was the new/additional work? What was your task? What did you do? What was the outcome? What was the impact of what you did?

Communicate effectively

Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others: What was the situation? What did you need to communicate effectively? How did you make sure the message was understood by others? What was the impact? How did you know you were successful?

Steward resources

Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources: What was the context? What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?

Interested persons should pls forward their CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com
And / call these numbers for enquiry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd Is Recruiting Graduates / 10 Common CV Mistakes, With Tips To Avoid Them / Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.