Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,766 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 (22059 Views)

Nigerians Expect Great Miracles - Osinbajo / Lucozade Nigeria Shades President Buhari In New Hilarious Ad / Photos From President Buhari's Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by XOGBADO(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
ehhn...
Okay o... We shouldn't even expect much cos our economy is down. D naira needs to be devalued
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
fact
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by claremont(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by lekxaid007(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
haapppy newwww yeeeeeaaaaarrrr
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by ObiOkpor(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
ademega:
Nairaland expect wailers to belive in this administration and stop being pessimistic about the progress of the nation out of hatred for the north and president Buhari.

they should stop their indirect curse on this nation just because Jonathan lost election.

they should stop supporting criminals and looters of the nation. everything done to looters of the treasury is well deserve.

they should also belive that Buhari means business. na talk and do.
I hope by this time next year we will have no wailers but we shall all be celebrants of a new Nigeria where we can all see a government with sincere mind.

for kanu, pls my igbo brothers forget him in prison. he has more blood on his hands (people killed during protest) than for him to work freely in the society. besides he is an enemy of the State.

pls dont let us cry for corrupt people that will be jail this year.

I love u all. more likes for your guy
My guy,you go use the likes make stew?
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by okwyzo(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
ademega:
Nairaland expect wailers to belive in this administration and stop being pessimistic about the progress of the nation out of hatred for the north and president Buhari.

they should stop their indirect curse on this nation just because Jonathan lost election.

they should stop supporting criminals and looters of the nation. everything done to looters of the treasury is well deserve.

I hope by this time next year we will have no wailers but we shall all be celebrants of a new Nigeria where we can all see a government with sincere mind.

for kanu, pls my igbo brothers forget him in prison. he has more blood on his hands (people killed during protest) than for him to work freely in the society. besides he is an enemy of the State.

there is a hadage dat says " bami na omo mi, ko de inu olomo" that's Kanu' case, he is fighting a cause, in whichb he believes in, if the president and Nigerians or oppositions feels he is wrong in the speech and comments, or the name he called Buhari, let them counter him, or point the issues out rightly, I am igbo, tho initially, we Never supported this young man Kanu, but we discovered their were some iota of TRUTH in his claims, nobody is talking bout the truth in naija, all I see is just selfish interest. He believes that if FG won't invest in SE due to beefs from the old Civil war, then BIAFRA would do it. We have coal, we have all the natural resources, we use seaport most, yet non in our region, we don't have a standard airport to boast of, FG wants igbos to keep roaming about the nation and getting more insults from other tribes, where d I even start from? Kanu shouldn't be compared with Dasuki at all. If you can stop the hate and take igbos the way we are: appologise for the genocide commited in 1963, impliment the 3R's and proof to us that No victor, No vanquish! Then I will take us serious. If u like hate me for this truth... I no send oo:

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Immatex(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
Expect nothing and have no heartaches
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by cruzita(f): 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
I hope he is reading this .
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by loveit21: 6:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by fattazy: 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
ceometromedia:

2015 was ushered out with fireworks, dancing and prayers as the new year, 2016 was heralded in by all and sundry.

The previous year was thoroughly eventful- although it ended on a rather somber note for many Nigerians as fuel scarcity yet lingers, the Naira continuously drops in value in the international market, bombs are still being detonated by Boko Haram, while protests are becoming a regularity.

As Nigerians enter the New Year with hope for their general state of being to get better, here is a list of 10 things most citizens expect from the Federal Government in 2016.

Defeat Boko Haram completely, not technically.

During the campaign for the presidential polls, the All Progressives Congress gallantly promised Nigerians to defeat and vanquish the dangerous Boko Haram sect in no time if elected into the Aso Villa.

Their flag bearer, Muhammadu Buhari won the election and raised the hopes of Nigerians by promising that insurgency would end before the close of the year 2015.

As the year cascaded to a close, the Federal Government claimed technical victory over the terrorists prompting fresh attacks on Borno and Adamawa states, by the insurgents.

In 2016, Nigerians desperately hope that the Federal Government would literally defeat the Boko Haram menace in totality and not technically.

Begin payment of N5,000 allowance to unemployed youths.

Another promise made by the All Progressives Congress which is yet to be delivered to Nigerians is the payment of a monthly allowance of N5,000 to unemployed youths across the country.

Since getting into the power, the feasibility of the payment plan has been discussed extensively with the government sometimes giving reasons why it cannot cover all unemployed youths.

The payment is meant to commence in January 2016, according to some members of the Buhari cabinet, and Nigerians are hoping and expecting the government to fulfill this particular promise.

Fight corruption squarely.

One of the major strong points of the current administration is the fight against corruption and investigations into diversion of funds meant for public use by individuals in power.

More prominent and public in the government’s fight against corruption is the $2 billion arms scandal in which Sambo Dasuki and a host of other public figures are currently embroiled.

In 2016, Nigerians expect the government to extend its sweeping arm of righteousness across political party lines and fight the good fight without picking favorites.

Provide one meal a day for school pupils.

During the campaign for presidential election, a meal a day was promised by the APC to schoolchildren across the country.

This is yet to implemented and Nigerians are hopeful that the Federal Government would justify the faith and belief that made people come out and vote en masse for President Buhari.

End the continued fuel scarcity across the nation.

For more than three months, the nation has faced a gigantic challenge of getting fuel at pump stations as the battle between the Federal Government and oil marketers raged on behind the scenes.

Queues for fuel at different petrol stations were seen to be longer than giant constrictors as several petrol stations stopped selling petrol for lack of availability.

As the New Year dawns on the nation, Nigerians hope that fuel scarcity would soon abate.

Reduction of pump price of petrol.

It may be too little to cheer but little is better than nothing.

The Federal Government has on different platforms hinted on the possible removal of the subsidy on oil which would inadvertently result in the skyrocketing of the price of petrol.

However, a few weeks ago, the government announced that the pump rice for petrol would be regulated to about N86 per liter and Nigerians are really hoping that the government keep to its words.

Save the failing Naira.

The Nigerian currency continues to struggle in the international market, falling as low as N265 to a dollar in December.

The government has effected different measures to ensure that the Naira regains its value even as investors are set to pull out of the nation due to the Naira’s loss of value.

The fall has also affected the import and export market greatly leading to a likely economic crunch and inflation in the country.

The Federal Government would do well by Nigerians to initiate policies that save the failing Naira and resuscitate the nation’s currency.

Create more jobs for teeming unemployed youths.

The count of unemployed youths in the country is quite staggering.

During the presidential campaign, Vice President Osibanjo promised Nigerians that if voted in, the administration would ensure that 2 million jobs were immediately provided for the teeming population of unemployed youths in the country.

Months after getting into power, nothing has been forthcoming in this department.

The Vice President also recently promised that 1 million jobs would be created in 2016.

Despite being a million short of the initial projected number during the campaign, Nigerians still expect that 1 million jobs will be created.

This would significantly help in curbing the blight of unemployment in the country.

The President cuts the frequency of his travels.

In 2015, President Buhari frequently made trip across the world at state expense, some of which some people have described as unnecessary considering the myriads of challenges the country is facing.

From the proposed budget for 2016 submitted by the president to the 8th Senate, it would appear, from the staggering amount designated for presidential travels, that the frequency of President Buhari’s journeys abroad would not abate.

It remains to be seen however, what the Federal government has in stock for Nigerians in that respect, in the New Year.

http://ynaija.com/9-things-nigerians-expect-from-president-buhari-in-2016/

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by motaio: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
okwyzo:
there is a hadage dat says " bami na omo mi, ko de inu olomo" that's Kanu' case, he is fighting a cause, in whichb he believes in, if the president and Nigerians or oppositions feels he is wrong in the speech and comments, or the name he called Buhari, let them counter him, or point the issues out rightly, I am igbo, tho initially, we Never supported this young man Kanu, but we discovered their were some iota of TRUTH in his claims, nobody is talking bout the truth in naija, all I see is just selfish interest. He believes that if FG won't invest in SE due to beefs from the old Civil war, then BIAFRA would do it. We have coal, we have all the natural resources, we use seaport most, yet non in our region, we don't have a standard airport to boast of, FG wants igbos to keep roaming about the nation and getting more insults from other tribes, where d I even start from? Kanu shouldn't be compared with Dasuki at all. If you can stop the hate and take igbos the way we are: appologise for the genocide commited in 1963, impliment the 3R's and proof to us that No victor, No vanquish! Then I will take us serious. If u like hate me for this truth... I no send oo:
How many of us shouting Biafra were born during the civil war? was Kanu himself given birth to then? My brother that thing we are trying to resurrect cost us nothing but war, I was chatting with an old Igbo colonel in the Nigerian Army and he told me those kids don't know how to play the Nigerian game. You will end up inciting war and kill your own people largely just like what's happening in the North East... How did Ojukwu fare during the Civil war? Who faced the spoils and who got popular?
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by RedCapChief(m): 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
He promised 740,000 immediate jobs

Not 740,000 jobs, pending the recovery of our loot.
Not 740,000 jobs, pending MTN's payment of their fine.
Not 740,000 jobs, pendind Zahra reaching 1 million followers on twitter

"I didn't promise 5,000 naira for the unemployed, it was Yemi Osinbajo that said that" - Guess who said this on the media chat

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by UjGina: 6:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
ademega:

keep deceving yourself
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Decapo: 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
Can't you just number your points?
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Cekpo34(m): 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
lofty900:
Fight corruption and ensure dasuki, KANU remain in prison
Bring back chibok girls
Remove your hand from bayelsa and rivers elections

Lolz! Bros Kanu is clean o
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Tohpeh(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Dear Esteemed User, We Welcome You to 2016 and Wish You a Prosperous and Wonderful moments this year. From All of Us @ JOYFULSMS

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by dataland: 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2016

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by donMIG(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Just a f#ckin job!
No more than that
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Bollinger(m): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
ceometromedia:

You guys will never learn;

1. Defeat Boko Haram completely, not technically; It can't be done. You can't defeat terrorism without changing the way terrorists think. It is an idea. You can't change ideas with bullets.

2. Begin payment of N5,000 allowance to unemployed youths; And where will the funds come from? How do you determine who benefits from it? You can't even pay salaries or provide gas for it's masses and you want 5k. Ok.

3. Fight corruption squarely; Yeah like that's going to happen.

4. End the continued fuel scarcity across the nation; Until Nigeria ends this crap called fuel subsidy and starts to refine it's own petroleum products then you might as well be dreaming.

5. Reduction of pump price of petrol; Only market forces can, should determine that.

6. Save the failing Naira; Stop the over dependence on oil and there might be a chance.

7. The President cuts the frequency of his travels; You are just talking out of ignorance. No nation is an island + Nigeria has a terrible image and it needs it's leader to reassure the outside world. Not everything can be done through skype you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by oracle009(m): 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
Bollinger:

You guys will never learn;

1. Defeat Boko Haram completely, not technically; It can't be done. You can't defeat terrorism without changing the way terrorists think. It is an idea. You can't change ideas with bullets.

2. Begin payment of N5,000 allowance to unemployed youths; And where will the funds come from? How do you determine who benefits from it? You can't even pay salaries or provide gas for it's masses and you want 5k. Ok.

3. Fight corruption squarely; Yeah like that's going to happen.

4. End the continued fuel scarcity across the nation; Until Nigeria ends this crap called fuel subsidy and starts to refine it's own petroleum products then you might as well be dreaming.

5. Reduction of pump price of petrol; Only market forces can, should determine that.

6. Save the failing Naira; Stop the over dependence on oil and there might be a choice.

7. The President cuts the frequency of his travels; You are just talking out of ignorance. No nation is an island + Nigeria has a terrible image and it needs it's leader to reassure the outside world. Not everything can be done through skype you know

Why won't I quote you when u make complete sense? It's been long since I saw such a sensible and less bias contribution. Keep it up like this sire and I might consider you as my minister of information (I'm not joking o)

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Ikenna17(m): 7:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
Teewhy2:
1) Sustain and improve the last administration effort in the agricultural sector.
2) Encourage entrepreneurship to help take the jobless away from the street.
3) provide a good transportation system in the country, so that people can live in Ibadan, kwara and work in lagos, kano. They can go there in the morning and return home at night.
4) provide stable electricity, even GOD created light among his first creation, that is to tell us that for us to improve the nation electricity is very important.

Happy new year from the Adekoya's thanks for voting our baby Enyijuoluwa Aviela in the #CussonsBabyMoments . If you are yet to vote just click on this link
https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578. To do so. We appreciate your votes and still need more votes to win. Kindly share to others to vote as well
Thanks, if you no cast your vote for her and you ignore, wetin you gain

Bless you for your sense!
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Bollinger(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
oracle009:

Why won't I quote you when u make complete sense? It's been long since I saw such a sensible and less bias contribution. Keep it up like this sire and I might consider you as my minister of information (I'm not joking o)

We all need to be able to have measurable and achievable expectation from any leader in Nigeria.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
Cekpo34:

Lolz! Bros Kanu is clean o
He's instigating war in Nigeria, we need peace
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by ATERI(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
ceometromedia:

2015 was ushered out with fireworks, dancing and prayers as the new year, 2016 was heralded in by all and sundry.

The previous year was thoroughly eventful- although it ended on a rather somber note for many Nigerians as fuel scarcity yet lingers, the Naira continuously drops in value in the international market, bombs are still being detonated by Boko Haram, while protests are becoming a regularity.

As Nigerians enter the New Year with hope for their general state of being to get better, here is a list of 10 things most citizens expect from the Federal Government in 2016.

Defeat Boko Haram completely, not technically.

During the campaign for the presidential polls, the All Progressives Congress gallantly promised Nigerians to defeat and vanquish the dangerous Boko Haram sect in no time if elected into the Aso Villa.

Their flag bearer, Muhammadu Buhari won the election and raised the hopes of Nigerians by promising that insurgency would end before the close of the year 2015.

As the year cascaded to a close, the Federal Government claimed technical victory over the terrorists prompting fresh attacks on Borno and Adamawa states, by the insurgents.

In 2016, Nigerians desperately hope that the Federal Government would literally defeat the Boko Haram menace in totality and not technically.

Begin payment of N5,000 allowance to unemployed youths.

Another promise made by the All Progressives Congress which is yet to be delivered to Nigerians is the payment of a monthly allowance of N5,000 to unemployed youths across the country.

Since getting into the power, the feasibility of the payment plan has been discussed extensively with the government sometimes giving reasons why it cannot cover all unemployed youths.

The payment is meant to commence in January 2016, according to some members of the Buhari cabinet, and Nigerians are hoping and expecting the government to fulfill this particular promise.

Fight corruption squarely.

One of the major strong points of the current administration is the fight against corruption and investigations into diversion of funds meant for public use by individuals in power.

More prominent and public in the government’s fight against corruption is the $2 billion arms scandal in which Sambo Dasuki and a host of other public figures are currently embroiled.

In 2016, Nigerians expect the government to extend its sweeping arm of righteousness across political party lines and fight the good fight without picking favorites.

Provide one meal a day for school pupils.

During the campaign for presidential election, a meal a day was promised by the APC to schoolchildren across the country.

This is yet to implemented and Nigerians are hopeful that the Federal Government would justify the faith and belief that made people come out and vote en masse for President Buhari.

End the continued fuel scarcity across the nation.

For more than three months, the nation has faced a gigantic challenge of getting fuel at pump stations as the battle between the Federal Government and oil marketers raged on behind the scenes.

Queues for fuel at different petrol stations were seen to be longer than giant constrictors as several petrol stations stopped selling petrol for lack of availability.

As the New Year dawns on the nation, Nigerians hope that fuel scarcity would soon abate.

Reduction of pump price of petrol.

It may be too little to cheer but little is better than nothing.

The Federal Government has on different platforms hinted on the possible removal of the subsidy on oil which would inadvertently result in the skyrocketing of the price of petrol.

However, a few weeks ago, the government announced that the pump rice for petrol would be regulated to about N86 per liter and Nigerians are really hoping that the government keep to its words.

Save the failing Naira.

The Nigerian currency continues to struggle in the international market, falling as low as N265 to a dollar in December.

The government has effected different measures to ensure that the Naira regains its value even as investors are set to pull out of the nation due to the Naira’s loss of value.

The fall has also affected the import and export market greatly leading to a likely economic crunch and inflation in the country.

The Federal Government would do well by Nigerians to initiate policies that save the failing Naira and resuscitate the nation’s currency.

Create more jobs for teeming unemployed youths.

The count of unemployed youths in the country is quite staggering.

During the presidential campaign, Vice President Osibanjo promised Nigerians that if voted in, the administration would ensure that 2 million jobs were immediately provided for the teeming population of unemployed youths in the country.

Months after getting into power, nothing has been forthcoming in this department.

The Vice President also recently promised that 1 million jobs would be created in 2016.

Despite being a million short of the initial projected number during the campaign, Nigerians still expect that 1 million jobs will be created.

This would significantly help in curbing the blight of unemployment in the country.

The President cuts the frequency of his travels.

In 2015, President Buhari frequently made trip across the world at state expense, some of which some people have described as unnecessary considering the myriads of challenges the country is facing.

From the proposed budget for 2016 submitted by the president to the 8th Senate, it would appear, from the staggering amount designated for presidential travels, that the frequency of President Buhari’s journeys abroad would not abate.

It remains to be seen however, what the Federal government has in stock for Nigerians in that respect, in the New Year.

http://ynaija.com/9-things-nigerians-expect-from-president-buhari-in-2016/

The President is not going to be able to defeat boko haram physically, no-one can defeat those that are ready to die. It is for this reason that all of us must not neglect the poor like our generals did for decades, thereby turning Nigerians into hopeless desperadoes. The people we call terrorists have been killing Americans since the 80s and America has not been able to defeat them.
The same applies to those expecting Buhari to produce the Chbog girls. If we don`t play politics with the disappearance, all of us know that these girls vanished on Jonathan`s watch. In an ideal world, he should be tried for crime against Nigeria. A President that went to bed to sleep after the disappearance of over 200 Nigerians deserve to die, but we don`t live in an accountable world. So to be holding Buhari responsible for Goodluck calamity would be unfair.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by Phobia1: 11:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]Free Education. So i go take my school fee buy another Laptop angry[/size]
Tiff, oleee -Simi, 2015.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by awoluyi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
okwyzo:
. This is one of the worst compositions I have ever read in my entire life. It's full of falsehood; it's a display of ignorance and a limited knowledge of politial history of Nigeria. It's an embodiment of disintegrating desires emanating from a putrid and satanic heart.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by kpopmoses: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Let us join hands to pray and support our president.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by okwyzo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
awoluyi:
. This is one of the worst compositions I have ever read in my entire life. It's full of falsehood; it's a display of ignorance and a limited knowledge of politial history of Nigeria. It's an embodiment of disintegrating desires emanating from a putrid and satanic heart.
yes TRUTH is bitter! Take it or die trying. There is need for 3R's yes or No? If u feel the write up is full of falsehood, pls point them out, as I know that 80% of development in that region was individual efforts, the FG roads nko? Banza, and if you know better than myself you are free to school me! For ur info I was born and bread in the west angryNonsense!
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 by okwyzo(m): 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
awoluyi:
story for the gods, get the TRUTH or die trying!

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Nigeria For South Africa (Photos) / Akeredolu Appoints Catherine Oludunni Odu As Ondo First Female SSG / NESREA Seizes Lion Cub, Arrests 2 Illegal Wildlife Traders In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.