Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate (2355 Views)

What Certifications Are Necessary For A Graduate Of Banking And Finance. / Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / Possible Career Path For A Psychology Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by Nteogwuija(m): 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
let me first of all start by wishing all nairalanders a happy and prosperous 2016 and May God grant u all ur heart desires IJN amen.
Now to the point. I am a graduate of Banking and Finance, finished with a 3.30 CGPA(My Project Supervisor use to say I was unlucky) but this is a story for another day.
I am currently serving, of which I will b rounding up in April. I have been thinking on possible career paths to follow and to add more strength and tenability to that BSc certificate.
I am even considering to enroll for the NYSC NIM programme of which I am not fully convinced if this is a right step in a right direction, but I am juz keen on adding more value...
I have a major weakness in quantitative analysis(I am not too good with numbers), maybe due to my nonchalant attitude towards maths in my secondary school days; if i am to rate my self on a scale of 10, then i will unequivocally and pungently state a 4.5 score. I am also considering some improvements in that aspect.
pls I just need candid advice from experienced nairalanders on the career path to follow. I have been stocked in this dilemma for months now and I thought it wise that it was about time I unraveled my grievances so as to get proffered solutions.
pls nairalanders jux be candid, u never can tell, u might jux be saving a soul.
thanks in advance for your candid retorts.

pls mods help me move this to the front page. this request has a very high degree of urgency. thanks for ur understanding in advance.

1 Like

Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by janvier27(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
What is the nysc nim program all about. I think you are better off adding a professional qualification to your degree-ICAN, ACCA or CIBN. That will give you more exposure and added advantage if you must enter the job market. The opportunities around you, your passion and core competence should guide you in deciding the way forward.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by Nteogwuija(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
janvier27:
What is the nysc nim program all about. I think you are better off adding a professional qualification to your degree-ICAN, ACCA or CIBN. That will give you more exposure and added advantage if you must enter the job market. The opportunities around you, your passion and core competence should guide you in deciding the way forward.
thanks for your response.
nim stands for Nigerian Institute of Management, they offer 8modules at the graduate level and they include: management principles and techniques, Communication skills for managers, corporate law, entrepreneurship, fimancial management, business ethics and social responsibilities and two other modules.
upon a successful completion of the modules and meeting the benchmarked success rate, you will be awarded a proficiency certificate in Management and a graduate membership certificate.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by Nteogwuija(m): 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nteogwuija:

thanks for your response.
nim stands for Nigerian Institute of Management, they offer 8modules at the graduate level and they include: management principles and techniques, Communication skills for managers, corporate law, entrepreneurship, fimancial management, business ethics and social responsibilities and two other modules.
upon a successful completion of the modules and meeting the benchmarked success rate, you will be awarded a proficiency certificate in Management and a graduate membership certificate.

mods please I beg help me move this topic to the front page. please help the needy. please
Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by AccaPack(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Go for ICAN/ACCA because CIBN is just for bankers (IMO). You really need to be good in quantitative analysis if you want to be chartered . So you can start working on that before completion of your NYSC.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by Nteogwuija(m): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
AccaPack:
Go for ICAN/ACCA because CIBN is just for bankers (IMO). You really need to be good in quantitative analysis if you want to be chartered . So you can start working on that before completion of your NYSC.
thanks a lot for ur candid submission, I will work on that.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by AccaPack(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nteogwuija:

thanks a lot for ur candid submission, I will work on that.
You can start reading study pack now if u really want to start the exam soon.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate by luvility(m): 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Bro, I'm a Banking and Finance graduate, NIM isn't a bad attempt, u can give a trial, but Pls consider taking CIBN, it widens ur horizon. ICAN or ACCA can be done to cos it gives u an edge over oda. Don't be discouraged.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Law School Hostel Accomodation Scandal / Top Negotiation Expert Refutes Online Scam Report / Free Skill Acquisition Training Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.