Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? (12759 Views)

Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) / Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by analice107: 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:
St.upid racist dunce, what has his age got to do with anything? Did his age also give him WOOLY hair? Did your white grandfather's hair turn WOOLY when he got old? Stupi.d peabrain.
Shiiiiiiiittt. How did some people pass comprehension in school?
Can't you see that the description is talking about the COLOUR of His hair and not the texture? As white as wool. Simile in literature. Did not say is.

Wait!!! Where else in the Bible did we see this kind of comparison? Isaiah 1:18. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord. Though your sins be as dark as Scarlet they shall be as WHITE AS SNOW. though they be red as Crimson, they shall be as WHITE AS WOOL.
For crying out loud. Leave the colour of Jesus' skin and accept his love. Haha.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Rossikk(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

The point is Afrocentricism is weed on stilts.
You are using Western technology to rant how the West stole your past cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

There is no such thing as ''western technology''. There is MODERN TECHNOLOGY, to which ALL RACES have contributed. Africans discovered mining, the use of iron, metallurgy, and built the first cities. The Chinese were the first to use gunpowder. Cities, ships, and buildings were first erected by Africans and Asians before whites came on the scene. Mathematics, medicine, astronomy, alchemy, the arts, the sciences, and even religion, were invented/discovered by Africans. There would be NO technology today without the original contributions of Africans and Asians. So the west CANNOT take sole credit for modern technology.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by TrajansKong: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Negro, this is wood
You may not know brass since it don't grow in Sambisa forest but wood surely!!!!! grin cheesy grin

Vooks, you are a racist interloper and I don't really get why you infest these boards (or are even tolerated), but I can't lie. That comment is funny asf!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by analice107: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:
Mor0n, He was an Igbo...happy now? Go collect ten Nobels for your discovery grin
Please vooks stop talking back to this teenager, it makes him feel important.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
analice107:

Thank you Anas09,
Am down and out
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
analice107:

Shiiiiiiiittt. How did some people pass comprehension in school?
Can't you see that the description is talking about the COLOUR of His hair and not the texture? As white as wool. Simile in literature. Did not say is.

Wait!!! Where else in the Bible did we see this kind of comparison? Isaiah 1:18. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord. Though your sins be as dark as Scarlet they shall be as WHITE AS SNOW. though they be red as Crimson, they shall be as WHITE AS WOOL.
For crying out loud. Leave the colour of Jesus' skin and accept his love. Haha.

Explain the rest of the body being described as looking like 'burnished bronze', ie like a black person.

By the way, are you aware that a great many middle eastern Jews in antiquity were blacks?

Know any white folk with hair like that?
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:

There is no such thing as ''western technology''. There is MODERN TECHNOLOGY, to which ALL RACES have contributed. Africans discovered mining, the use of iron, metallurgy. The Chinese werethe first to use gunpowder. Cities, ships, and buildings were first erected by Africans and Asians before whites came on the scene. Mathematics, medicine, astronomy, alchemy, the arts, the sciences, and even religion, were invented/discovered by Africans. There would be NO technology today without the original contributions of Africans and Asians. So the west CANNOT take sole credit for modern technology.

Very modern
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:

Explain the rest of the body being described as looking like 'burnished bronze', ie like a black person.

Bu the way, are you aware that a great many middle eastern Jews in antiquity were blacks?

Know any white folk with hair like that?

Give us peer reviewed papers we check for ourselves not some black supremacist nitwits who think Jesus was an Igbo.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Rossikk(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
analice107:

I'm probably old enough to be your dad, you ignorant wastrel. Why not return to watching Big Brother or some other silly time-wasting enterprise for which your age mates are known?
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Rossikk(m): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Give us peer reviewed papers we check for ourselves not some nitwits who think Jesus was an Igbo.

Give us peer reviewed papers that show a white or Arab Jesus, so we can dismantle them pronto.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:

Give us peer reviewed papers that show us a white or Arab Jesus, so we can dismantle it pronto.
Jesus is from Middle East not Africa. If you think Jews are Africans, give us peer reviewed papers to that effect, not crackpot black supremacist literature.

The only good thing about black supremacy is that it is pure fantasies with NOTHING to show for it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:

I'm probably old enough to be your dad, you ignorant wastrel. Why not return to watching Big Brother or some other silly time-wasting enterprise for which your age mates are known?

If you are that old and you think like some marine invertabrate, then certainly there is no hope for Africa
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by analice107: 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Thank you Anas09,
Am down and out
THANK YOU.
My God. Where will this get us? Jesus is black, Jesus is White. Does it matter what colour his skin was? He came to die, and he died. Without dead, Jesus had no business coming to this earth. Now do you accept his sacrifice for you?

I don't know about you, but I have worked with Israelis and they are far from black. Even Arabs are not blacks. Any one who say the Semites are blacks, has something else in mind. They Jews are alive today, how many of them are black?
Ramsey Noah is half Israeli and the guy is not even black.
Make una leave me make I follow Jesus Weda him be Chinese or Korean.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Rossikk(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
vooks:

Jesus is from Middle East not Africa. If you think Jews are Africans, give us peer reviewed papers to that effect, not crackpot black supremacist literature.

The only good thing about black supremacy is that it is pure fantasies with NOTHING to show for it

The bible says Jesus was black.

Why don't you believe your own bible?

If the bible had said Jesus' arms, legs and feet were ''white as snow'', would you ignore it and say he was black? NOPE.

Would you demand ''peer reviewed journals'' to prove the bible was right?

HELL NO.

But the bible says his arms, legs, and feet were ''like burnished bronze'', ie negroid, but you ignore it, demand ''peer reviewed journals'' for proof, and claim he was a white/Arab man.

Meaning you are a racist. And we need no peer reviewed journals to determine that.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
analice107:

THANK YOU.
My God. Where will this get us? Jesus is black, Jesus is White. Does it matter what colour his skin was? He came to die, and he died. Without dead, Jesus had no business coming to this earth. Now do you accept his sacrifice for you?

I don't know about you, but I have worked with Israelis and they are far from black. Even Arabs are not blacks. Any one who say the Semites are blacks, has something else in mind. They Jews are alive today, how many of them are black?
Ramsey Noah is half Israeli and the guy is not even black.
Make una leave me make I follow Jesus Weda him be Chinese or Korean.

The entire pseudo scholarship into Jesus-is-black nonsense serves one purpose; black supremacy.

Black supremacy is a false philosophy that claims that ALL of history was written by black men and that the white men were sickly albino black men as well. So black is healthy, white is 'sickly'. The philosophy also claims the 'sickly albinish' whites have been stealing black wisdom and using it to advance themselves at the expense of the blacks.

Coming to Christianity, is there a better personality to claim is black than the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ?
And what about Jews? Everyone knows Jews have had a stellar contribution to science and banking throughout history and they have consistently bagged the most Nobel prizes. So the black supremacist can't resist claiming Jews were black people!
They will also claim that Christianity was specifically invented to subjugate blacks
In short, the supremacy is all about claiming any past glory as black.

Blacks have been on the receiving end of history but they really overcompensate by fabricating silly lies such as these.

If you demand proof for their claims, they will send you to black supremacist sites such as realhistoryww.com. When you push for more objective and scholarly sources, they tell you that the information is suppressed by......you guessed it, the 'weakly albinish whites' so it's not available!

Like UFOs,Illuminati, Catholic and other conspiracy theories, you have extraordinary claims with little to zero proof.

To cushion themselves against criticism, they claim that skeptics are brainwashed or government agents spying on them

Looking at it, you can tell such a theory of past glories would readily massage black egos. The problem with the theory is WHAT NEXT?
What next now that your race had such a glorious past? Are you now resolved to overcome your odds and do something?
The theory encourages you to do so but warns you that you will be resisted and your success stolen by the 'weakly albinish' whites

So if you are a nobody, the theory has good 'reasons' why you are thus, and if you try something and fail, the theory again has good 'reasons' why you are failing. There is always something outside the Negro to blame for his woes...anything but himself

Shalom and good night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:
Go fck a stray dog as is your specialty and leave us men to discuss issues way above your level, you bleach faced free giver.

Ok pig.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:

Where does it say so?
I believe all of it, it says Jesus was a Hebrew
If the bible had said Jesus' arms, legs and feet were ''white as snow'', would you ignore it and say he was black? NOPE.
His hair is white as snow and so is his face. You trash all that because it does not fit your asinine theory

HELL NO.
You have NEVER read any research paper so am certain you don't even understand what peer review is. I forgive you
But the bible says his arms, legs, and feet were ''like burnished bronze'', ie negroid, but you ignore it, demand ''peer reviewed journals'' for proof, and claim he was a white/Arab man.
His face shine like lighting and his hair was white as snow and wool. That is not your 'kinky/curly' gem you are looking for
Meaning you are a racist. And we need no peer reviewed journals to determine that.
Means you are a mor0n regurgitating black supremacist asinine theories which can't stand scrutiny.

I ask you a simple question. Supposing Jesus was your kinsman, your uncle. What advantage does that bestow upon your miserable life? Does it make your village Beverly Hills?
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
TrajansKong:

Vooks, you are a racist interloper and I don't really get why you infest these boards (or are even tolerated), but I can't lie. That comment is funny asf!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros for real, be wary of black supremacist bullshiet.
How does it advance your cause as a Negro if ALL the glorious past is due to your tribe?
What do you gain of Jesus was your first cousin?

Black supremacy is a conspiracy theory that tickles the ears of the idle.
It is also a convenient scapegoating means. Everything wrong with Africa is due to some white man somewhere whether in the past,present or future.

Anybody who is ever blaming others for his woes will never amount to anything in life
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by johnw74: 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rossikk:
Rev 1:14 on most versions like the English Standard Version actually says "The hair ON his head was white like wool". I think your version must be one of those queer versions created by American rednecks. Also could you explain why his feet, arms and body are described as looking like "burnished bronze". If all his body looked like burnished bronze, ie black, why would he have a white face?

The Greek that the English translations come from say's:

and head of him and hairs white as if wool white as snow and the eyes
of him like a flame of fire

The English Standard Version leaves out head,
where does the ESV say arms and body?

To burnish is to polish, burnished bronze refined in a funnace is a golden brown color,
this is describing a heavenly glorified body, and not the human Jesus.

"head and hair white like wool-snow
eyes like flames of fire
feet like polished brass
His appearance like the sun shining at full strength"

How can you compare that to Jesus Christ's appearance on earth?

I wouldn't care about what color Jesus Christ is, Just who He is, the Saviour of the World.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by QuentinDay: 2:06am On Jan 04, 2016
Rossikk:
Chief haba. Why now? Why are you ''inventing'' and misappropriating?

The bible NEVER said Jesus was black, the bible, NEVER for the record said Jesus was black

...His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze
- Daniel 7:9

Daniel 7:9 or Daniel 10:6 is a simile construct
and furthermore for that matter wasnt even implying that Jesus was black
The import of the message in the verses is shining radiance

Rossikk:
People believe the Bible, but have a strong dislike of eisegesis

Rossikk:
If the bible had said Jesus' arms, legs and feet were ''white as snow'', would you ignore it and say he was black?
NOPE.
You got the NOPE right
Well the fact and truth in the verse is that the bible DIDNT say Jesus' arms, legs and feet WERE ''white as snow''
but said the glorified body of Jesus seen by Daniel and John in visions WERE LIKE ''fill-in-the-blanks''

The narrators were describing using similes, they described what to them, His appearances looked
In some instances, the description were like:
His body was like topaz or beryl
His eyes like flaming torches
His arms and legs like the gleam of burnished (i.e. polished) bronze or brass

Everything about Jesus' glorified body and the way that He looked was radiant and lustre
It had varying kinds and degrees of looking or being like something highly burnished or polished
(i.e. hence the similes and comparisons with topaz, beryl, burnished (i.e. polished) bronze or brass etcetera is trying to record accurately in words the phenomenon seen
and to the extent of having the effect of being powerfully and mysteriously shinning

The common denominator among all the similes is luminousity, radiance etcetera

Burnished (i.e. polished) bronze or brass is luminous, it is bright, it shining, it gives off light

His body looked like a precious gem.
His face flashed like lightning, and his eyes flamed like torches.
His arms and feet shone like polished bronze,
and his voice roared like a vast multitude of people
- Daniel 10:6

Giving off light is the crux of the matter of Daniel 7:9, Daniel 10:6 and other verses of its sort,
is not about physical material, not skin tone, nothing to do with melanin

Rossikk:
''peer reviewed journals'' on this matter is inconsequential, there is no need for it
If the skin pigmentation of Jesus was going to be in doubt, the Bible just as done for Simeon in Acts 13:1, would have directly, fully and clearly mentioned His skin tone

Among the prophets and teachers of the church at Antioch of Syria were Barnabas, Simeon (called ''the black man''),
Lucius (from Cyrene), Manaen (the childhood companion of King Herod Antipas), and Saul.
- Acts 13:1

Rossikk:
HELL NO
Simeon, who was called Niger, was black.
Moses' wife, the Cushite woman, was black.
Jesus, being a Jew, was NEVER Black.

Rossikk:
But the bible says his arms, legs, and feet were ''like burnished bronze'', i.e negroid
The simile ''like burnished bronze'' has nothing to do with negroid or any other human racial classification

Rossikk:
but you ignore it, demand ''peer reviewed journals'' for proof, and claim he was a white/Arab man
Bronze skin tone is not synonymous with Blacks only, as Hispanics or Latino too are bronze

Rossikk:
Using the racist card is bordering on being bizarre and far-fetching

OK, must admit I had a good time reading the ping-pong name callings with vooks.
It was like watching Wimbledon. Left right, left, right... Speechless3' got caught in the name calling cross-fire too
but we have to accept it's over now and it's time you guys draw the curtain on the bickering

Jesus, when on earth, in human form was neither Black or White

1 Like

Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by tpiar: 4:41am On Jan 04, 2016
vooks your arguments are not holding water here yet you persist in throwing up various wrong premises.

if you cant engage him constructively, then why not let him be.

do you have a personal interest in the statue in question?
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 5:45am On Jan 04, 2016
buzugee:
Thanks Chief. I am neither of those titles but i am a great researcher and a dogged truth seeker. I am also working out my own salvation. they say my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. I was sick and tired of feeling hopeless and helpless in the world cuz i had no knowledge of who i really was. the truth will set you free. so i looked for the truth, found it, and now i am free. great weight of your shoulders being free. also with this knowledge you can finally start seeing why things are playing out in the world the way they are playing out. its a freeing experience.

So the Negro is somewhat 'free' after appropriating all history for themselves?

You can see all the arguments here are lifted from this other 2012 ruckus
https://www.nairaland.com/865055/jesus-black-wesley-snipes-jews

Once again negroes, what value does it add to your lot if Jesus was Yoruba?
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 5:46am On Jan 04, 2016
tpiar:
vooks your arguments are not holding water here yet you persist in throwing up various wrong premises.

if you cant engage him constructively, then why not let him be.

do you have a personal interest in the statue in question?

You may want to try and demonstrate how they are not holding any water. If you can't just sit back and learn. Have a teachable spirit
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by TrajansKong: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
vooks:

Bros for real, be wary of black supremacist bullshiet.
How does it advance your cause as a Negro if ALL the glorious past is due to your tribe?
What do you gain of Jesus was your first cousin?

Black supremacy is a conspiracy theory that tickles the ears of the idle.
It is also a convenient scapegoating means. Everything wrong with Africa is due to some white man somewhere whether in the past,present or future.

Anybody who is ever blaming others for his woes will never amount to anything in life

Vooksie,
I've no time for ANY religions - especially the Abrahamic follies, so Black Jesus carries no weight with me beyond humour.

Also your racist name-calling and behaviour in this thread and across Nairaland doesn't detract in any way from the glaring truths touched on in your last two paragraphs.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by vooks: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
TrajansKong:

Vooksie,
I've no time for ANY religions - especially the Abrahamic follies, so Black Jesus carries no weight with me beyond humour.

Also your racist name-calling and behaviour in this thread and across Nairaland doesn't detract in any way from the glaring truths touched on in your last two paragraphs.

Worry not my broda,
I'm a Christian but before that am a full blown Negro darker than you can imagine. cool
What I did was to peel through the Jesus-is-black nonsense to uncover the underlying black supremacist conspiracy theories.
Theories in and of themselves can be entertaining but this one is actively promoting indolence in that 99% of it is blaming white man for negro woes. It also promotes unhealthy suspicion not to mention hatred of Caucasians. This is pure venom.

The saving grace is that Negroes are largely economically confused and dependent on the West so this hatred is not likely to materialize into nothing.

PS
Jesus was Hebrew/Jew and his complexion is of zero consequence to Christianity. So I don't oppose a black Jesus because I hate black, but rather because the claim has no merit of its own.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by MistadeRegal(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
When Satan is busy working against your Salvation, it fills your mind, body and soul with wrong thoughts, keeping you away from understanding the Truth.
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by GenghisAlexa1(m): 1:57am On May 31, 2018
Rossikk:

Yawwn

BURNISHED BRASS:

http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/nautical-objects/burnished-brass-sextant-signed-hill-price-bristol/id-f_1312428/

Hi,
I have some antiques up for sale but I can't get registered on 1stdibs. Are you registered there?
Re: The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? by Martinez19(m): 3:19am On May 31, 2018
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why There Can't Be Evidence For God / What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.