Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? (21555 Views)

Shop Available For Rent At Tejuosho Market Lagos. / Existing Structure for sale At Adebiaye Street Behind Tejuosho Market Yaba Lagos / A Story Building With Bq By Tejuosho Market 35m R\C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by columbus007(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tejuosho market built under Amala People's Congress APC and their extortion,now how can one face d high cost of rent when all the so called APC gladiators are the same owners of d shop undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by persius555(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Love Machine:
The lagos state govt just wasted billions of tax payers money to build a non profitable enterprise.They won't let their private businesses to waste like that.
These are the grey sides of the BRF's elitist approach to solving issues that affects millions of lagosians. The shops should have been made affordable so that the former tenants could easily retain them.
Another investment gone down the drain.

6 Likes

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by shopandmall(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
MrAwePresident:

So far we commend the Lagos state govt on the rehabilitation of the market, but times have changed. Upon arrival at the store you will notice its now a ghost Mall. Hardly do u see customers patronizing the market, its mostly filled with Retailers.

The problem; the world at large and even Nigeria have become more accustomed to buying via eCommerce stores like KONGA and AMAZON etc.
The Solution; that structure is wasting the best use is to turn it into Office Space but then again most Nigerians still have the employment mentality hence the utmost solution is to turn it into an ''Effective'' tertiary institution as our country continues to grow in size as we will be the 3rd largest in world by the year 2050 with an estimated population surpassing the USA it would be a good investment in educating this populace.

What do you think?

i beg to differ from your reason above. The prices of those shops are way beyond the traders who were chased out of the place to build the white elephant project. Its also the same picture at awolowo market in mushin.

If you must know, we are stick scratching ecommerce on the surface. Even in developed markets brick and mortar stores are very functional. In fact stores like Amazon are working on opening brick and mortar outlets.

7 Likes

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by odaniel1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Yes its a waste! And i blame olamide and don jazzy's 'fight' undecided
You're not very bright are you? *rme*
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
debbie:
A big waste
Hey Debbie. I'm familiar with your monicker like I'm with myself. Thanks to job section of this world
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Redoil: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
pretydiva:
No idea
then why did you comment? You must be high with ur boyfriend shi.t
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by free2ryhme: 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Yes its a waste! And i blame olamide and don jazzy's 'fight' undecided

See your life, simple post you no fit make
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by free2ryhme: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Same with the one built at oyingbo

How do you expected some selling pepper not worth 200000 to pay 3million for 2 years and other service charges

3 Likes

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by 9jatatafo(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
Yaba war front is better

1 Like

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by islandmoon: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
they demolished it, rebuilt it and gave it to richer people who do not know what to do with the place!

2 Likes

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
The new tejuosho market/mall is put at a lease price; Pay 7million naira for 25years....if you divide it to see how much it means yearly. Its okay! 7million/25yrs = 280,000(annual rent).....its fair but the question is; how many people can pay 7million at ONCE This is why its still very vacant!!! If the developers will accept yearly rent and not the long term paymennt of 7million, I tell u that new markeet/mall will be filled up in no time

4 Likes

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by pweetychyka(f): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
It will remain a waste until d shop owners begin to slash the prices of their items by 50% or at a pocket friendly rate as sellers inside d oda markets

1 Like

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by dominique(f): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
They should have built apartment units instead. Some people would have been home owners by now.

1 Like

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by landinfo: 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
Last year, I nearly argued with a friend that the "WASTE" had been opened as @ 2014.....cos I thought it had not been opened cos I have been seeing waste upon waste (Etisalat, Airtel, 1st bank, etc are all counting their loss)

Whenever I pass thru that road, I laff in tonguez cox it'z one of the biggest monumental building built by Lagos state govt also have u guyz ever asked urself when has a civil or poor man ever buy the so-called govt buildings before? No, it is alwayz for the rich & the rich no get time for the "WASTE" laying @ Yaba

N.B. But incase una still wan buy "space" for there, u might as well call Uche, Yomi, & co.....loooool

1 Like

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by akigbemaru: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
tejuosho market.
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by lekkie073(m): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
MrAwePresident:

So far we commend the Lagos state govt on the rehabilitation of the market, but times have changed. Upon arrival at the store you will notice its now a ghost Mall. Hardly do u see customers patronizing the market, its mostly filled with Retailers.

The problem; the world at large and even Nigeria have become more accustomed to buying via eCommerce stores like KONGA and AMAZON etc.
The Solution; that structure is wasting the best use is to turn it into Office Space but then again most Nigerians still have the employment mentality hence the utmost solution is to turn it into an ''Effective'' tertiary institution as our country continues to grow in size as we will be the 3rd largest in world by the year 2050 with an estimated population surpassing the USA it would be a good investment in educating this populace.

What do you think?
d total purchase price of a single shop cost 6.9million

the owners want to sublet at 40k per month excluding 9k monthly service charge

and d ibos r adamant on renting d shops. and if ibos dont, there is no way dat market will be full...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by loomer: 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
Even for developed countries where online shopping started, people still dey full their malls.

With good transportation system and security, I no see why malls or markets go dey empty

2 Likes

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by lekkie073(m): 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
The new tejuosho market/mall is put at a lease price; Pay 7million naira for 25years....if you divide it to see how much it means yearly. Its okay! 7million/25yrs = 280,000(annual rent).....its fair but the question is; how many people can pay 7million at ONCE This is why its still very vacant!!! If the developers will accept yearly rent and not the long term paymennt of 7million, I tell u that new markeet/mall will be filled up in no time
dat market is already sold out if u dont know....
d problem is dat those that bought arw finding it hard to get ppl to rent them....

1 Like

Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
lekkie073:
d problem is dat those that bought arw finding it hard to get ppl to rent them....

Sold out for where? Oga I'm into business and have family at tejuosho into business. So far so good I'm the only one to have mentioned the price and conditions. That alone should tell you, I'v been monitoring the situation. Who'll pay 7million naira for a place that is still dry
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Dharnchuks(m): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
some pictures would have been appreciated
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by beejay1207(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
sosanova:
l told several people several years ago that building such ultra modern market in that location where u also have an alternative market that sells cheaper goods, was dead on arrival
I also said the same thing about the Arena ultra modern shopping complex that was sighted at Army Barrack close to Oshodi Market.
Most of the shops in both Tejuosho Market n the Arena have either close down due to low patronage or the owners are desperately looking for new owners.
The owners of various shops at the Arena n Tejuosho market are still at loss of how to recover their money back since sales are not coming forth.
when did you visit arena last? The place is picking up real good, as many cheap stalls had been built to accommodate 'low end' traders. And its on its way to become an organised Mile12' market soon.
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by lekkie073(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Sold out for where? Oga I'm into business and have family at tejuosho into business. So far so good I'm the only one to have mentioned the price and conditions. That alone should tell you, I'v been monitoring the situation. Who'll pay 7million naira for a place that is still dry
same here also....my ppl have close to 6 shops there...
D shop is fucking sold out I tell u...
Evem d phase two built by zenith is sold out.

Ok....I have a shop for rent. Do u have anybody dat can pay 35k monthly...?

I wi gladly gibe u d keys
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by dododawa1: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
I blame biafra
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by lekkie073(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

https://www.nairaland.com/1892505/shop-space-available-tejuosho-modern
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by wiseoneking: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
MrAwePresident:

What do you think?
3rd largest poverty station in the World. The lower your population the richer and wealthy a nation. Population explosion is a curse and not a blessing.
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by drmikeadams(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
lekkie073:
d problem is dat those that bought arw finding it hard to get ppl to rent them....,,,,,very simple ....slash the rent,,make it very affordable ,people will rent it..just give it some years the owners of the property will recover their money..
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by alchemist(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Waiting for the railway to function properly before buying the whole market.
Maybe the person below has a better offer.
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by ikorodureporta: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
MrAwePresident:

What do you think?

*pishure*
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by offshoreking: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why won't it be a waste? That land is coursed, the people you set their shop on fire and chess them away in the name of building a morden market, their cry had reached God. that place will forever be a waste.
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
akudinaobi:
The endtime shoping complex won't be a waste if the builders come together and reduce the endtime rentage to afordable cost
Then the entime complex will be ***booooom
.This guy is a Brilliant Economist
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
lekkie073:
same here also....my ppl have close to 6 shops there...
D shop is fucking sold out I tell u...
Evem d phase two built by zenith is sold out.

Ok....I have a shop for rent. Do u have anybody dat can pay 35k monthly...?

I wi gladly gibe u d keys

That area hasn't seen influx of people yet. Its still quite empty. Until then , I don't see people moving in there rapidly
Re: Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? by lekkie073(m): 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

That area hasn't seen influx of people yet. Its still quite empty. Until then , I don't see people moving in there rapidly
The area or the market?
Its obvious u dont know the politics going on with regards to d market.

I rest my case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Finishing Of Osun State Edifice By Rotech77 / Professional Twist To Lekki Gardens Building Collapse / Should We Move Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.