Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Tracts Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tracts Of Life (6628 Views)

What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? / Advise On Starting The Distribution Of Gospel Tracts / Tracts: A Fundamental Tool For Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
WHY GO TO HELL?

Many scientists and researchers have argued against and dismissed the existence of hell. But some of them had to reconsider their stance after the famous "Well To Hell" story of the early 1990s. According to the story which some call a hoax, myth or legend, a group of Russian geologists, in an unnamed place in Siberia, drilled a hole that was 9 miles (14.4km) deep before breaking through to a cavity. Intrigued by this unexpected discovery, they lowered an extremely heat tolerant microphone, along with other sensory equipment, into the well. The temperature deep within was 2,000 degree F (1,090 degree C)- heat from a chamber of fire from which the tormented screams of the damned could be heard. The story said a certain Dr. Azzacov, who was the project manager, gave the account: "As a communist I don't believe in heaven or the Bible, but as a scientist I now believe in hell. Needless to say we were shocked to make such a discovery. But we know what we saw and we know what we heard. And we were absolutely convinced that we drilled through the gates of hell!..."
Whether the "Well to Hell" story is true or fictitious, hell is not a myth; it is real. The Bible offers us a glimpse of it. It is a place of everlasting suffering and destruction, a place where undying worms feed on the inhabitants-- unrepentant sinners and backsliders-- and everlasting fire burns them and they feel the pain consciously, though they're not burned into ashes (Mark 9:46). The horror, torment and suffering in hell is beyond human description and imagination. Hell was prepared originally for the devil and his fallen angels (Matthew 25:41), but God has decreed that those who forget Him and reject Christ will also be cast there because of their sins and neglect of His salvation (Psalm 9:17; Revelation 20:10). God's love for humanity is incomparable. He doesn't want anyone to end up in hell (2 Peter 3:9), but there must be a punishment or judgment for sin and disobedience.
So friend, why will you suffer for all eternity because of a moment of sinful pleasure? Why will you spend zillions of years in hell fire because of a lie you told for just two seconds? Why end up in hell when Jesus Christ has paid the price for your redemption? Why go to hell when you can have an excellent home in heaven with Him? Why, friend, why? Ponder on these soul-searching questions and surrender your life to Jesus, for what could you possibly lose if you give your life to Him? Is the life of sin really worth it? Jesus is the only Way to eternal bliss in heaven. Why not follow Him and escape the danger ahead? Nothing, no matter the glamour and pleasure you get from it is worth going to hell for, even if you get the whole world as a reward. Jesus says, "What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul" (Mark 8:36).
Get on your knees now before the Lord in repentance. Confess all your sins to Him and plead for His forgiveness. Jesus Christ, the Creator of heaven and earth (John 1:1-3), spoke so much more about hell than any other person did in the Scriptures. Believe Him, live for Him, and avoid everlasting torment in hell. God help you.
Re: Tracts Of Life by njiasi30(f): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dis race we are running is not easy, I pray dat God will make I and my family a heavenly candidates. Amen.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
All we need is a contrite heart & grace to seek God whole-heartedly. He will help us.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
STEPS TO SALVATION

1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all (humans) have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. ......(and) the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23, 6:23)

2. Repen now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out. .....(for) if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (Acts 3;19, 1 John 1:9).

3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:cool

4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelations 3:20)
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2016
njiasi30:
Dis race we are running is not easy, I pray dat God will make I and my family a heavenly candidates. Amen.
Amen.
Re: Tracts Of Life by njiasi30(f): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
FirstS2B:

Amen.
thanks, I wish u d same 2
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
Re: Tracts Of Life by ValentineMary(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Another tale to show to d ignorant masses that a loving father would throw them in hell if we don't love him back.

1 Like

Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 8:41am On Feb 08, 2016
For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13.
Re: Tracts Of Life by Shobow(f): 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
pls madam, pls create your own trend for the Ankara bags and shoe making.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
FirstS2B:
For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2016
By Choice, NOT By Chance.
Ever since the Garden of Eden Liberty was given to mankind They had freedom to make choices Right or wrong, God's word defined
Scores of references are recorded Of those who exercised this right Consequences, would always follow Defining what would be their plight
Abraham and Lot were free to choose The city or open plains Lot chose glamour and bright lights There, immorality brought him pain
The people were were admonished In Joshua twenty four, fifteen To choose whom they would serve Between good or evil, they could lean
Ruth chose to glean in the fields For that which reapers left behind Her humble gestures merited grace Rewarding her with peace of mind
Today, Jesus still stands at the door "Come unto me" is His plea The destiny of all is determined Choosing Him, -- can set us free.
--- Choices by Colan L. Hiatt
Re: Tracts Of Life by ifenes(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
njiasi30:

Perhaps you don't have to run at all. Seems you are only running in cycle. All these race of yours just to make heaven? Looks like you are trying to slot a cassette into a CD Drive.

2 Likes

Re: Tracts Of Life by njiasi30(f): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
ifenes:

Perhaps you don't have to run at all. Seems you are only running in cycle. All these race of yours just to make heaven? Looks like you are trying to slot a cassette into a CD Drive.
Meaning
Re: Tracts Of Life by ifenes(m): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
njiasi30:

Meaning

You should worry about now rather than some marathon race.

1 Like

Re: Tracts Of Life by njiasi30(f): 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
ifenes:

You should worry about now rather than some marathon race.
Do u believe in God? Are u a christain ?
Re: Tracts Of Life by ifenes(m): 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
njiasi30:

Do u believe in God? Are u a christain ?

If you show me god I will believe you. But if you don't why should I?

1 Like

Re: Tracts Of Life by njiasi30(f): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
ifenes:

If you show me god I will believe you. But if you don't why should I?
Dat means u re nt a Christian ,neither do u believe in God. God is a spirit. My dear,trying 2 convince u,will b a waste of time. Don't u think so?
Re: Tracts Of Life by ifenes(m): 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
njiasi30:

Dat means u re nt a Christian ,neither do u believe in God. God is a spirit. My dear,trying 2 convince u,will b a waste of time. Don't u think so?

Wait! You mean the Bible god is a spirit?

1 Like

Re: Tracts Of Life by njiasi30(f): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
ifenes:

Wait! You mean the Bible god is a spirit?

Believe whatever u want, I pray God will open ur eyes one day to know d truth. Gd nite dear.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 12:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
AMAZING GRACE

My life is evidence that the grace of God can transform the vilest of sinners into the best of saints. I was a wayward child. My parents were separated when I was just two years of age, and I became a pickpocket at eleven. I stole money to buy alcohol, tobacco and to go to cinemas. Living with my father, I left home for days sometimes, and returned any time I wanted. He was crossed with me because of my recalcitrance and waywardness. Twice, he took me to the reformatory, but instead of becoming a better person, I became a rebel.

He later sent me to a boarding school, where unfortunately, I met a group of boys who wielded corrupting influence on me. They introduced me to hard drugs and marijuana, and before long, I became a drug addict. I terrorized everyone in school, including my seniors, teachers and the principal. I had to change school twice. That means I attended three high schools. The principal of my last school was demoted to the level of a classroom teacher because of my hooliganism.

At twenty-six, I became a notorious criminal. I was involved in organized crimes and all sorts of nefarious activities. Everybody was afraid of me. I was an alcoholic, a heavy user of cocaine and tobacco as well as a womanizer. I smoked close to one hundred sticks of cigarettes, including marijuana, daily though I painfully managed between thirty to forty sticks whenever I had little or no money on me.

At a point, I was no longer intoxicated by alcohol. I also did everything for money including extorting and robbing innocent people, sometimes at gunpoint. The only thing I didn't do was to kill in cold blood. I believe God restrained me from maiming and killing people so that I don't degenerate further into sin, because I completely lost my way in life. Were it not for His intervention, I would have been lynched or necklaced.

God, in His mercies, delivered me from the jaws of death several times. Twice I escaped the fury of an angry mob, and once I survived the scare of gunshot after some good samaritans, who thought I was a victim of an armed robbery attack, rushed me to the hospital. I was shot by a rival gang of hooligans. I never believed I would be alive today to tell the story, but I'm alive and kicking. Thanks to God's amazing grace.

I will never forget the day I met Jesus. I was invited to a Christian boot camp by one of the good Samaritans that took me to the hospital when I was shot. He told me the boot camp would commpletely transform my life. I detested Christian gatherings because I blamed God for all my woes in life. But by complete transformation, I thought he meant meeting VIP's who will get me off the street by giving me money, a lucrative job or setting me up on a huge money-making business. Well, I was glad I attended. Praise the Lord!

It was a large gathering. The people were very friendly and accommodating. I sat in their midst, curiously watching all that was going on. I was eager to meet the VIP's and start a new life. But to my surprise, a man climbed the rostrum and began to preach about repentance, surrendering to Jesus and forgiveness. He suddenly pointed in my direction and said, "My sinner friend, you've got to repent of your sins now, and plead for God's forgiveness." Though I learnt later that he wasn't talking to me in particular but was led by the Holy Spirit to point in my direction, I was angered by his words and action. "Why should he call me a sinner? Who does this holier than thou person think he is? I said to myself. "I'm a good person but just a victim of circumstance." He interrupted my thought with some quotes from the Scriptures. Though I can't remember any of the Scriptures he quoted now, those quotes pricked my heart. They revealed to me my true state and where I was heading. I realized for the first time in my life that I was a sinner bound for hell. I began to imagine the horror of hell and seeing myself inside it. I tried to shut out the imagination but couldn't. Everything the preacher said afterwards in his sermon painted a picture of my life and my tragic end if I didn't repent of my sins and accepted Jesus as my Saviour and Lord.

He gave an altar call to those who were ready to receive Jesus. Contemplating whether to respond to the altar call or not, I suddenly heard a baritone voice said to me, "Go out now and surrender your life to Me. If you miss this opportunity, your life will be miserable." The Voice struck great fear in me. I looked round to know whose it was but didn't see anybody talking. Rather, everyone was enraptured by the sermon. Obviously, the voice wasn't the preacher's, though it sounded so loud as if it was amplified by a microphone. I believed nobody besides me heard the voice. Shaking like a leaf, I quickly made my way to the altar. While everyone who came to the altar prayed on their feet, I fell on my knees and wept uncontrollably for a long time, repeating the phrase, "God, I repent. Please, forgive me my sins." I don't know how long I cried, but when I stood up, everyone had left the altar, except me. Apparently, the preacher had left me alone to pray through to my salvation.

To make the long story short, I felt as if a yoke had been removed from my neck. A still voice, not the loud baritone one I heard earlier, said to me, "Welcome home child. Your sins are forgiven you." As if confirming what the voice just said, the preacher said to me from the rostrum, "Brother, it is well with you. I call you brother because you are now a child of God; you're born again. Go and sin no more."

For the first time in my life I slept like a baby when I got home. Thoughts of condemnation that buffeted me every now and then were all gone. The urge to smoke and take alcohol was also gone.
Since then, I have become a different person. Everybody around me is amazed at my transformation. Words are not enough to explain the change that occurred in my life, but I know this is not my making. It's the grace of God. As I tell this story, I'm a pastor of a gospel church with branches in many parts of the world, and I'm happily married with four children. Praise the Lord! My life now has meaning and direction. I am who I am today by the grace of God.

Oh, Grace, Grace, God's grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, Grace, God's grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sins.

What God's grace did in my life, it will do in yours, no matter what you've done. Just confess your sins to God, repent of them, accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord, and the amazing grace of God will transform you from a sinner to a saint.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2016
FirstS2B:
STEPS TO SALVATION
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all (humans) have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. ......(and) the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23, 6:23)
2. Repen now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out. .....(for) if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (Acts 3;19, 1 John 1:9).
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:cool
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelations 3:20)
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
WANDERING CHILD, O COME HOME
1. Have you wandered away from your Father's care, Heavy-hearted and sad do you roam? There's a sweet gentle voice calling now to you- Wandering child, wandering child, O, come home.
Child, come home, child, come home, Wandering child, why longer roam? 'Tis thy Father entreats, Wandering child, O, come home.
2. Is your frail bark adrift on life's raging sea, Are you tossed on its billows and foam? There's a safe harbour home, waiting now for you- Wandering child, wandering child, O, come home.
3. He is pleading today, heed His gentle voice, As He bids you no longer to roam, To that dear Father's house haste without delay- Wandering child, wandering child, O, come home.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 8:31am On Mar 04, 2016
FirstS2B:
By Choice, NOT By Chance. Ever since the Garden of Eden Liberty was given to mankind They had freedom to make choices Right or wrong, God's word defined Scores of references are recorded Of those who exercised this right Consequences, would always follow Defining what would be their plight Abraham and Lot were free to choose The city or open plains Lot chose glamour and bright lights There, immorality brought him pain The people were were admonished In Joshua twenty four, fifteen To choose whom they would serve Between good or evil, they could lean Ruth chose to glean in the fields For that which reapers left behind Her humble gestures merited grace Rewarding her with peace of mind Today, Jesus still stands at the door "Come unto me" is His plea The destiny of all is determined Choosing Him, -- can set us free. --- Choices by Colan L. Hiatt
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
Read this..
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
Read this..

A CHRISTIAN?

The questions are often asked, “Who is a Christian? How do I know a Christian if I meet one? Does Matthew, Luke, or John pass for a Christian? Is everyone who raises up his hand in response to a preacher’s call to repentance a Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar pass for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, “Am I a Christian?”
A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living’ he asked, “Are you a Christian?” The answer came quick and sharp “What do you think I am? A Pagan?” This is a pitiful point.
A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.
A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at is an indication of the absence of Christ in the heart.
Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. “The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch” (Acts11: 26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.
‘Disciple’ is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of “ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not,” the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.
The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21) and closes with Jesus Christ, the King who will come quickly - Revelation 22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make you a churchgoer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you-through Christ’s merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live
- through definite faith in His precious Blood; your heart and life are changed. Christ died to reconcile you to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart and life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.
The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ’s lifestyle - humility, obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a Christian. If not, why not? “Be not deceived: God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” (Galatians 6:7). Remember that “not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven.”
You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus, the only one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a Christian life.
1. Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you sleep in the evening.
2. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening.
3. Fellowship with Bible-believing Christians.
4. Be conscious of the presence of Jesus EVERY TIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.
5. Send for more tracts to give to your friends as you share your testimonies with them.
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 9:56am On Mar 07, 2016
A LESSON FROM THE ARABS

“Some years ago, several Arab chieftains accompanied that famous First World War character, Lawrence of Arabia, to the Paris Peace Conference. The Arabs saw many wonderful things in the great city, but the most amazing sight to them was the running water in their hotel rooms. It seemed to them impossible that by simply turning a faucet they could have an almost inexhaustible flow of water without effort or expense.
They had been accustomed all their lives to consider water as a scarce commodity. They know its great value and, from experience, the difficulty of obtaining it.
At the end of the conference and as the delegates were preparing to depart, Lawrence saw his chieftains trying to remove the faucets from the walls of their rooms so they could fix them to walls in their own rooms at home and continue to have an exhaustless water supply without effort in their barren deserts!
It required considerable time and patience to explain that the faucets alone were utterly valueless”.
We smile at the simple-mindedness of the Arab chiefs, but we have all been guilty of such actions. We take an example from an account in the lives of the children of Israel.
“Israel went out against the Philistines to battle. Israel was smitten before the Philistines: and they slew of the army in the field about 4,000 men. And when the people were come into the camp, the elders of Israel said, Let us fetch the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD out of Shiloh unto us, that it may save us. And when the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD came into the camp, all Israel shouted with a great shout. And the Philistines fought, and Israel was smitten, and there was a great slaughter; for there fell of Israel 30,000 footmen” (1Samuel 4:1-3, 5, 10).
The Arabs trusted in the detached faucets for water, and the Israelites trusted in the visible Ark of the Covenant, detached from God Who is the true Source of supply.
Some trust in their good upbringing as a reason why God’s favour should be theirs. Others trust in good deeds and almsgiving as a merit to bring God’s blessing to them. Some trust in long prayers and religious observances. Others trust that fasting will recommend them to God. ‘Useless, if detached’.
“All our righteousness are as filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6).
Reading of Psalm for prayer will disappoint you like the detached faucets would have disappointed the Arabs. ‘Useless, if detached’.
Do you still trust in good morals to recommend you to God? Do you hope to be saved because you try to ‘Obey the Ten Commandments, love your neighbour as yourself, do good to anyone you see and have a clear conscience towards everybody’? Do you say that these are things that will qualify one for heaven? Ask yourself, have you done all these today? Of course, no. All these are incapable of saving you unless the source is God, the Giver of every good and perfect gift through Jesus Christ.
False hopes are costly for they shall cause eternal regret and cause you to wail in anguish of deepest regrets in eternity. Baptism, whether of the infant or of the adult, whether sprinkling or immersion – cannot save you. Don’t be satisfied with the useless detached faucets. Be sure you have the real thing – the passport to heaven: heart cleansing. God gives it through Jesus Christ. You may trust in being ‘baptized in the Holy Spirit’, dreaming and seeing visions, prophesying, speaking in tongues and interpreting while you are still SINNING – ‘useless if detached’; How can that be, do you say? Well, God does not baptize dogs (sinners) in the Holy Spirit. He only says if His children ask for the Holy Ghost, He’ll fill them. It’s only for children – and who is a child? “Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin for the seed of God remains in him and he cannot sin” (1John 3:9).
Going to consult prophets and attending revival services every day is not what God requires of you. ‘Useless if detached’.
Nothing less than God can save.
Do not have faith in anything less than God. “Neither is there salvation in any other for there is none other name (and no other thing) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Only Jesus can save.

Jesus died that you may live. His death is the only remedy for your sins. Pray to God with faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and you will be saved from the guilt of sin, from the love of sin, from the power of sin and from the consequence of sin.
“Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Ro 10:13).
“Now why tarriest thou? Wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord” (Acts 22:16).
“Behold, now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 6:2).
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2016
CHARLIE COULSON: THE CHRISTIAN DRUMMER BOY
The following story is a true account, taken from an old, out-of-print book called “Touching Incidents And Remarkable Answers To Prayer”. It was complied by S. B. Shaw and published in 1894
“I was a surgeon in the United States Army during the civil war. After the battle of Gettysburg, there were hundreds of wounded soldiers in my hospital. Many were wounded so severely that a leg or an arm, or sometimes both, needed to be amputated.
One of these was a boy who had only been in the service for three months. Since he was too young to be a soldier, he had enlisted as a drummer. When my assistants came to give him chloroform before the amputation he turned his head and refused it. When they told him that it was the doctor’s orders, he said, ‘send the doctor to me’. I came to his bedside and said ‘young man, why do you refuse chloroform? When I found you on the battlefield, you were so far gone that I almost didn’t bother to pick you up. But when you opened those large blue eyes, it occurred to me that you had a mother somewhere who might be thinking of you at that very moment. I didn’t want you to die on the field, so I had you brought here. But you’ve lost so much blood that you’re just too weak to live through an operation without chloroform. You’d better let me give you some.’
He laid his hand on mine, looked me in the face and said, ‘Doctor, one Sunday afternoon, when I was nine and a half years old I gave my heart to Christ. I learned to trust Him then, and I’ve been trusting Him ever since. I know I can trust Him now. He is my strength. He will support me while you amputate my arm and leg’. I asked him if he would at least let me give him a little brandy. Again he looked at me and said, ‘Doctor, when I was about five years old, my mother knelt by my side with her arms around me and said: “Charlie, I am praying to Jesus that you will never take even one drink of alcohol. Your father died a drunkard, and I’ve asked God to use you to warn people against the dangers of drinking, and to encourage them to love and serve the Lord”. I am now 17 years old and I have never had anything stronger than tea or coffee. There is a very good chance that I am about to die and to go into the presence of my God. Would you send me there with brandy on my breath?’
I will never forget the look that boy gave me. At that time I hated Jesus, but I respected that boy’s loyalty to his Saviour. And when I saw how he loved and trusted Him to the very end, something deeply touched my heart. I did for that boy what I had never done for any other soldier – I asked him if he wanted to see his chaplain.
Chaplain R. knew the boy well from having seen him frequently at the tent of payer meetings. Taking his hand, he said, ‘Charlie, I’m really sorry to see you like this’. ‘Oh, I’m all right, Sir,’ Charlie answered. ‘The doctor offered me chloroform, but I told him I didn’t want any. Then he wanted to give me brandy, which I didn’t want either. So now, if my Saviour calls me, I can go to Him in my right mind.’
‘You might not die Charlie,’ said the chaplain, ‘but if the Lord does call you home, is there anything I can do for you after you’re gone?’ ‘Chaplain, please reach under my pillow and take my little Bible. My mother’s address is inside. Please send it to her, and write a letter for me. Tell her that since I left home, I have never let a single day pass – no matter if we were on the march, or the battle-field, or in the hospital without reading a portion of God’s word, and daily praying the He would bless her.’
‘Is there anything else I can do for you, my lad?’ asked the Chaplain. ‘Yes – please write a letter to the Sunday school teacher of the Sands Street Church in Brooklyn, New York. Tell him that I’ve never forgotten his encouragement, good advice, and many prayers for me. They have helped and comforted me through all the dangers of battle. And now, in my dying hour, I thank the Lord for my dear old teacher, and ask Him to bless and strengthen him. That is all’.
Then turning to me, he said, ‘I’m ready, doctor. I promise I won’t even groan while you take off my arm and leg, if you don’t offer me chloroform’. I promised, but didn’t have the courage to take the knife in my hand without first going into the next room and taking a little brandy myself.
While cutting through the flesh, Charlie Coulson never groaned. But when I took the saw to separate the bone, the lad took the corner of his pillow in his mouth, and all I could hear him whisper was, ‘O Jesus, blessed Jesus! Stand by me now.’ He kept his promise. He never groaned.
I could not sleep that night. Whichever way I tossed and turned, I saw those soft blue eyes, and when I closed my own eyes the words ‘Blessed Jesus, stand by me now,’ kept ringing in my ears. A little after midnight, I finally left my bed and visited the hospital – a thing I had never done before unless there was an emergency. I had such a strange and strong desire to see that boy. When I got there, an orderly told me that 16 of the badly wounded soldiers had died. “Was Charlie Coulson one of them?’ I asked. ‘No sir,’ he answered, ‘He’s sleeping as sweetly as a babe.’
When I came to his bed, one of the nurses said that at about nine O’clock, two members of the Y.M.C.A came through the hospital to read and sing a hymn. Chaplain R. was with them, and he knelt by Charlie’s bed and offered up a fervent and soul’s stirring prayer. Then, while still on their knees, they sang one of the sweetest of all hymns, ‘Jesus lover of my soul’. Charlie sang along with them, too. I couldn’t understand how that boy, who was in such horrible pain, could sing.
Five days after I performed the operation Charlie sent for me, and it was from him t hat I heard my first Gospel sermon. ‘Doctor’, he said, ‘my time has come. I don’t expect to see another sunrise. I want to thank you with all my heart for your kindness to me. I know you are Jewish, and that you don’t believe in Jesus, but I want you t o stay with me, and see me die trusting my Saviour to the last moment of my life.’ I tried to stay, but I just couldn’t. I didn’t have the courage to stand by and see a Christian boy die rejoicing in the love of that Jesus who I hated. So, I hurriedly left the room.
About 20 minutes later an orderly came and found me sitting in my office with my hands covering my face. He told me that Charlie wanted to see me. ‘I’ve just seen him’, I answered, ‘and I can’t see him again’. ‘But, Doctor, he says he must see you once more before he dies.’ So I made up my mind to go and see Charlie, say an endearing word, and let him die. However, I was determined that nothing he could say would influence me in the least bit, so far as his Jesus was concerned.
When I entered the hospital I saw he was inking fast so I sat down by his bed. Asking me to take his hand, he said, “Doctor, I love you because you are a Jew.’ The best fried I have found in this world was a Jew.’ I asked him who that was, and he answered, ‘Jesus Christ and I want to introduce you to Him before I die. Will you promise me? Doctor, that what I am about to say to you, you will never forget?’ I promised, and he said, ‘five days ago, while you amputated my arm and leg, I prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ, and asked Him to make His love known to you.’
Those words went deep into my heart. I couldn’t understand how, when I was causing him the most intense pain, he could forget all about himself and think of nothing but his Saviour and my unconverted soul. All I could say to him, was, ‘Well, my dear boy you will soon be alright’. With these words I left him, and 12 minutes later he fell asleep, ‘safe in the arms of Jesus’.
Hundreds of soldiers died in my hospital during the war, but I only followed one to the grave, and that was Charlie Coulson. I rode three miles to see him buried. I had him dressed in a new uniform, and place in an officer’s coffin, with a United States flag over it.
That boy’s dying words made a deep impression upon me. I was rich at that time so far as money was concerned, but I would have given every penny I possessed if I could have felt towards Christ as Charlie did. But that feeling cannot be bought with money. Alas, I soon forgot all about my Christian soldier’s little sermon, but I could not forget the boy himself. Looking back, I now know that I was under deep conviction of sin at that time. But for nearly ten years I fought against Christ with the hatred I had, until finally the dear boy’s prayer w as answered and I surrendered my life to the love of Jesus.
About a year and a half after my conversi on, I went to a prayer meeting one evening in Brooklyn. It was one of those meetings where Christians testify about the loving kindness of God. After several had spoken, and elderly lady stood up and said, “Dear friends, this may be the last time I have a chance to publicly share how good the Lord has been to me. My doctor told me yesterday my right lung is nearly gone, and my left lung is failing fast, so at the best I only have a short time to be with you. But what is left of me belongs to Jesus. It’s a great joy to know that I shall soon meet my son with Jesus in heaven.
‘Charlie was not only a soldier for his country, but also a soldier for Christ. He was wounded at the battle of Gettysburg, and was cared for by a Jewish doctor, who amputated his arm and leg. He died five days after the operation. The chaplain of the regiment wrote me a letter, and sent me my boy’s Bible. I was told that in his dying hour, my Charlie sent for that Jewish doctor, and said to him, ‘Doctor, before I die I wish to tell you that five days ago, while you amputated my arm and leg, I prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ for you’.
As I heard this lady speak, I just couldn’t sit still. I left my seat, ran across the room, and taking her hand said, ‘God bless you, my dear sister. Your boy’s prayer has been heard and answered! I am the Jewish doctor that Charlie prayed for, and his Saviour is now my Saviour! The love of Jesus has won my soul!’
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jesus, You are a wonder to my soul!
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 8:13am On Mar 10, 2016
CONVERSION AND AFTER

Conversion is one of the greatest experiences you can ever have. Most people would love to experience it if they knew how rich and blessed it is, and how easily one can be converted. It is such a wonderful thing that none should fear being converted. In fact, all should desire it. Pagans, Muslims, atheists, and nominal churchgoers would find satisfaction, joy, peace and pleasure in a sound experience of conversion.
How to have this enriching experience.
1. Recognise, accept and confess that you are a sinner and hopelessly lost without God (Romans 3:12,23). That should not take long for you to accept. If you are sincere, you will realise that you have, on several occasions seen yourself in wrong moods, feelings, desires, motives, actions, etc. We have all been sinners. And between you and God you accept and confess yourself lost.
2. Accept and believe the good news that God sent Jesus Christ to take your place, die in your stead, and pay the full penalty for your own sins (Romans 5:cool. He also was buried, but He resurrected, and is alive forever to be your Advocate before God (1Corinthians 15:1-5; 1 John 2:1,2; Hebrews 7:25).
3. Now rely on God’s promises, not upon your own feelings or theories. Only sincerely confess your sins, promising God to live right and believe you are forgiven according to His Promise (John 3:16; Romans 3:25; Ephesians 2:8,9; 1 John 1:9).
4. Declare and realise that you are saved by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ and the gospel, and that you are forgiven by God and cleansed from all sins because you have met the conditions of God which are:
(a) proper faith
(b) confessions of sins
(c) repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ.
What has happened to you now is known as conversion or salvation or the New-Birth experience. Your life will now be new. “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
How to live the Christian life.
1. Believe the gospel and the entire Word of God at all times, and WALK IN THE LIGHT OF GOD’S WORD AS YOU RECEIVE IT John 1:7.
2. Walk by faith in newness of life not by feelings or what your sight or environments suggest to you; “THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH” Hebrews 10:38,23.
3. READ THE BIBLE DAILY. Meditate on it day and night to feed and nurture the spiritual life (Psalm 1:1-3; 119:105; 1 Peter 2:2).
4. PRAY TO GOD DAILY as your heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ. Cast all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you (John 16:23-26; Philippians 4:5,6; 1Peter 5:7).
5. Keep your mind stayed upon God (Isaiah 26:3). GROW IN GRACE DAILY (Philippians 4:8; 2 Peter 1:4-11).
6. Recognise at all times your own weakness as well as God’s strength and keeping power. FAITH IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD (1 Corinthians 10:12,13; 1Peter 1:5; 1John 5:1-4).
7. AVOID TEMPTATIONS AND SHUN EVIL COMPANIONS. RESIST SIN AND SATAN. Make friends with God’s people who understand and also have this same experience of conversion and endeavour to be a blessing to them and all others (Psalm 1; Proverbs 1:10-16; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8,9; Romans12; 1 Corinthians 13; Colossians 3:5-
10).
8. JOIN THE FELLOWSHIP WITH THE PEOPLE OF GOD so that you can be helped to grow in this new Spiritual life. Make sure you join a Church that can assist you to live a victorious, holy life, and make you best for God (Hebrews 10:25; Matthew 28:19,20; Hebrews 13:17,7; James 5:14).
9. CONFESS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST FREQUENTLY AND DAILY AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR. Matthew 10:32.
Be busy at winning souls to Christ as you have been won to Christ. Be occupied in “turning many to righteousness” at every opportunity, wherever you are (Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3; Mark 16:15).
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
ETERNITY

Do you know that you will outlive the sun? Do you know that when the earth and the stars have all passed away, you will just be beginning your end-less day? Once you are born you will never cease to live. You will live forever: you will be alive eternally. Eternity has no end. This is a solemn and fearful truth.
Suppose it were possible to tie a rope from earth to heaven and an ant were to go to the sun and return to earth on this rope. When an ant has done that a hundred times, then a small fraction of eternity has passed. You will still be alive. Suppose a small boy were to empty an ocean with a cup, the time it will take the boy is an infinitesimally small part of eternity. If, again, a grain of sand represents one day, all the grains of sand on the seashore will represent only a small, negligible part of eternity! If a bird went to sharpen its beak once a year at a mountain, when the bird wears out the mountain in this way, only an insignificant part of eternity would have passed. In short, eternity is the lifetime of the never-dying God! And you will live for eternity. You will be alive eternally as God will be alive eternally. Once born, a person remains consciously alive forever.

There is “the resurrection of life” and there is “the resurrection of damnation”. This may shock you. I pray it does. Every sinner will end up in the infernal hell and every saint will end up in supernal heaven. You will live forever in heaven or hell. There is no neutral place. Nothing like purgatory; Jesus never talked of anything or anywhere like this. Somebody said, “I am on the fence”. There is no fence. You are either a Christian or a sinner. You are either on the narrow way or on the broad way that leads straight to hell. You are either with God or with Satan. You will live with God in heaven or live in hell forever with Satan.
“Choose you this day”. Where do you want to spend eternity? You can only answer with an action. Throw off this tract, or tear it to pieces, neglect its message and warning, postpone the day or repentance and continue in sin; then you have answered the question one way. Eternity in hell is sure for every sinner who refuses or neglects to repent.
“Choose you this day”. Where will you spend eternity? In heaven with God? – then you must repent NOW.
“He that covereth his sins SHALL NOT PROSPER” AMEN. “But whoso confesseth and forsaketh them SHALL HAVE MERCY” AMEN (Proverbs 28:13).

“Seek ye the LORD”. How? “Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him RETURN unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; He will abundantly pardon (Isaiah 55:6,7).
God says you should seek Him – that you should pray now to Him, asking forgiveness of all your sins. Don’t hide or cover anyone of them. God sees you and He says you CANNOT, WILL NOT prosper if you do. Confess your sins, forsake the sins and turn to God.
Life with God in Christ is an endless hope.
Life without God in sin is a hopeless end.
Do you want this life? God is ready to give it to you now as you pray: “Almighty God, I pray in Jesus Name that you should look down with mercy on me, a guilty sinner. Forgive me these my sins of … (name them one by one – don’t hide any). I promise never to go back to them again by your power. Please make me your child now, and cleanse me from all sin. I give my live to Jesus Christ and accept Him as Lord into my heart now. Thank you, O God, for I believe you have answered my prayer. In Jesus Christ’s Name I have prayed. Amen”.
Do this NOW as urgently and correctly as you carry out a doctor’s instructions. Turn away from all sin and ask God to forgive and cleanse you. He will answer immediately if you pray with faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He will also change your life and set your feet on the narrow path of godliness and righteousness. Then eternity with God in heaven will be sure.
Life with God in Christ is an endless hope.
Life without God in sin is a hopeless end.
“Choose you this day!”
Re: Tracts Of Life by FirstS2B(f): 11:10am On Mar 14, 2016
FOUR STEPS TO LIFE

STEP 1 GOD’S LOVE

There are many problems in the world today. Although peace, happiness and love are desired by many, only very few know what it means to have abundant life.
God loves you and He wants you to have abundant life. God has a wonderful plan for your life. God loves you because it is his nature to love. Many today are not enjoying the love of God. Are you one of such people? You will discover the reason.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

STEP 2 MAN’S PROBLEM

John 10:10
Although man was created in the image of God and was meant to live an abundant life, man got into problem because of sin. Sin separates from God. It also hinders us from enjoying the love of God. Over the centuries, man has made many efforts in order to be at peace with God. But all these efforts have not helped man. Sin can be likened to a great wall which separates from God. And with this wall, man’s problem will remain.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear; But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:1,2

STEP 3 GOD’S SOLUTION

What can we do to get man’s problem solved? Is there a way out? God knows that we would not be able to find a way out through our own efforts. He provided the solution. His love for fallen man made him to draw the plan of Salvation. He allowed His Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer for us; so that through the suffering and sacrifice of His Son we can pass from death to life.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us; even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

STEP 4 MAN’S RESPONSE

Ephesians 2:4,5
You have a part to play in other to benefit from God’s love. You can not benefit unless you respond personally. Salvation is God’s free gift. But, you must receive this gift before you can enjoy it.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Revelation 3:20
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.
John 1:12
Are you ready to respond? Are you willing to receive God’s free gift right now? Will you decide to receive Christ now?

WHAT YOU MUST DO:
1. Admit that you are a sinner now.
2. Be willing to repent now.
3. Believe that Jesus died for your sins.
4. Go to God in prayers, repent and invite Jesus into your life.

A SUGGESTED PRAYER
Almighty God, I thank you because you love me. When I was lost in sin, you sent your Son Jesus Christ to die for me. I believe that the blood He shed was for my pardon. Today I repent of all my sins and ask for forgiveness. Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Save me now. I invite you into my heart today. Be my Saviour and my Lord. Thank you for coming into my heart according to your promise. In Jesus Name I pray. (Amen).

HAVE YOU TAKEN THESE 4 STEPS?

Then you must:
1. Read the Word of God every day – Ps 119:9,11
2. Spend some time in prayer every day. – Phil 4:6
3. Fellowship with other believers in the Church so that you can be cared for and grow up spiritually. – Hebrews 10:25.
4. Yield your life to God, Witness for Christ and bring others to Him – Mark 1:17.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let US Make Man In OUR Own Image / This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / 8 Wives Of Popular Nigerian Pastors With The Most Attractive Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.