Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs (9139 Views)

I Need An Admin On My Blog / 12 Things To Do Before Applying For Google Adsense – 2016 Edition / 10 Things You Must Have And Do Before Applying For Adsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Mediapace: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
In order to apply for the post of a moderator,supermoderator admin at any forum or blog like Nairaland or Naijaloaded e.t.c. Read this :
1.You must have the experience of the job : I will encourage anyone wishing to be a moderator to go to any new blogs/forum to learn first before moving to Giant websites,you need a whole lot of experience

2.You must be sacrificial:
At least a day,you must spend 10-15 hours on the forum you are moderating and for blog,16-17.
MOderator/ supermoderator/admin job sucks time
hope you see how lalasticlala does,he wakes early and sleep late
3.Your level of Education:
This also determines your approval,you can't be a secondary school drop out and want to apply for the post of a moderator,it isn't done that way.

4.Your age :
Some moderator jobs are paid jobs and due to Nigeria Rule,you must be up to 18 before earning,if so then you must be 18+ before applying

5. You must be compassionate and at thesame time hard hearted :
The memembers you are working with aren't bots,don't expect them to always follow forum/blog rules.
Sometimes,they do derail,spam e.t.c.
You just have to be hard hearted most times and compassionate less times

6.How good you are with the niche you want to apply for :
For example,you enjoy sport activities and there is vacancy for creepy section that you have never heard of and you apply because of money,i swear you"ll be sacked and defamed in a matter of days no matter how you do it.
I advice you to wait for another vacancy!

7. Your type of occupation currently : Some occupations does not support any other jobs because of the time they consume e.g. NURSE,Accountant e.t.c. While some jobs support it e.g. Clerical staff,you just have to study your occupation very well before applying

8. How patient you are :
Let us use Nairaland and naijaloaded for example,their admins recieve up to half a thousand insults per day and if they should react,they may loose their job!
Before you apply,ask yourself this "If it was to be me",how will i react? If your answer is NO,i will encourage you not to apply

9.Your writting skills :
Though,it is not included in most websites rule that mods/admins/supermod should create many topics but in some,you have to create most especially blogs. Learn to improve your writting habbits

10. NAIRALAND MODERATORS and SUPERMODS,help us to include more,share your experience with us

source : http://www.mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572675.xhtml?tema=4

5 Likes

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by jaelz(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
11.) You must know how to be FTC and how to make reasonable posts appear on the FRONT PAGE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by miqos02(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
ok
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by blezzy080: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by miqos02(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
jaelz:
You must know how to be FTC and how to make FRONT PAGE
ok
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by looseweight: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Moderator fit someone who doesn't get bored doing same thing million times

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by yuzjet(m): 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Thanks for the tips.

However, is there any blog/forum currently recruiting for the subject matter? I'll like to know.

ATTENTION:
This is for medical related students.

www.nairaland.com/2838140/want-join-whatsapp-study-group
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by DiegoNakel(m): 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Uhmmmm
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by vicostyles(m): 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
ok
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by drnairalov: 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
lalasticlala quick question re u getting paid? u no go answer, but seriously do u guys get paid? cos last time i checked mods here don't get anything undecided
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by CrownPrinceMJ(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
11. You must be a virgin/Saint.: So that people who always upload unclad pictures can be banned.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by maverickdude(m): 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
Noted
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by TheMascot(m): 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
hmdjdnjdndjdndkr...yes am a space booker..do your workst
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by TheMascot(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
pls..na how much dey de pay lalasticlala ..it could be more than enough to buy an SUV in two weeks

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by TheMascot(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
this space is dedicated to 2016
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Dayo4real12: 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nice one
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by redefined300(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
good one
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by TheMascot(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
space booking app for nairaland..check like this post and drop ur user name
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by queendalyn(f): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oga Seun, please employ me

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Abatsam111(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
This is what I failed to know long time ago.
Thanks
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Profayo: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lalasticlala must comment.....Seun what's your experience with mods?
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by kunlejazz(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Maybe I could use this medium to make this known- we're looking for experienced writers for some websites. Interested persons should PM me.

Thanks
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by saasala(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
Look at you talking as though there are up to 100 websites in need of moderators in Nigeria, even the biggest ones dont have more than 10. We have just maximum of 15 websites/blogs in Nigeria who employ moderators. So you see, its not a market at all and stop magnifying it.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by kachnov(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
ok
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Comprehensive
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Abatsam111(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
kunlejazz:
Maybe I could use this medium to make this known- we're looking for experienced writers for some websites. Interested persons should PM me.

Thanks
Which niche ?
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by johnson3xy: 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mediapace:

3.Your level of Education:
This also determines your approval,you can't be a secondary school drop out and want to apply for the post of a moderator,it isn't done that way.

So in ya village secondary school students cant read and write abi??
Thats y u said they cant apply right?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Mediapace: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Most c.e.o. Ask for higher institution results
johnson3xy:

So in ya village secondary school students cant read and write abi??
Thats y u said they cant apply right?
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by kunlejazz(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Abatsam111:

Which niche ?

Pretty much all niches.
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by BIGTinfotech: 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
In one word PASSIONATE.
Re: 10 Tips You Must Know & Have Before Applying For The Post Of An Admin On Webs by Abatsam111(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
kunlejazz:

Pretty much all niches.
Okay, I'm good at Education & Entrepreneurship Niche.
Please, i need proper information on the available position.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bulksms Component & Nigeria GSM Number Database(local Govt By Local Govt-new) / How To Make Your Twitter Page Look Like Your Website / Please Help Before Voguepay Put Me Out Of Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.