Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow (58362 Views)

Brief Profile Of The New Board Members Of Etisalat Nigeria / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by madenigga(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2016
all the aspiring entrepreneurs shud know that u cant achieve most of these without capital.
Also notice that he started small no matter how little, so note every opportunity matters despite the profit it brings in at that moment.

4 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by babyfaceafrica: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2016
madenigga:

maybe the area has plenty igbo inhabitants or the people selling are either igbos or related.
nope....these are yoruba indigenes....
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

Meet the mechanics.

I have a mechanic friend an elderly man. He knows I can settle him. He tells me the when a good keke is available for sale.
Before we lost the election I introduced him to some officials and note he repairs their vehicles.

I know we all have class, and would like to keep our respect. It also pays to mix up with them once in a time.

If you stay in Kano , Niger. I can give you his contact
Thanks. But I'm not in any of those locations. I'm in Enugu.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by BELEXYFARMS(m): 11:40am On Jan 03, 2016
@ymodulus, greetings.... do u by chance frequently visit ikotun. Maybe i can book an appointment with you.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Lordspicy(m): 11:40am On Jan 03, 2016
whizqueen:
Seriously shocked
Only you own all these businesses? Please can I be your gf grin cheesy

Just kidding before someone comman quote me now angry
On a lighter note, check my signature wink
j

lol see them....naija girls

2 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by millhouse: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2016
Inspiring

2 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by 4nobody4every1: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2016
@Ymodulus,l like your courage & determination, l can relate with the transportation business as l have done it severally in the past on higher purchase basis, but truth must be told, some drivers can kill your entrepreneurial spirit if you are not careful, all you highlighted in the transport business is spot on, some drivers are full of porkies, it is better to go the route of higher purchase and have rest of mind, be that as it may, the business terrain in Nigeria is not for the fainthearted, you must be ready all the time like a lion to overcome the challenges or else the unfavorable business climate both governmental & human can frustrate all your efforts, kudos to you.. cool

6 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by idu1(m): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus, am waiting for explanation on the currency business. And how much is the ideal amount to resell second hand keke on hire purchase in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2016
4nobody4every1:
@Ymodulus,l like your courage & determination, l can relate with the transportation business as l have done it severally in the past on higher purchase basis, [b]but truth must be told, some drivers can kill your entrepreneurial spirit if you are not carefu[/b]l, all you highlighted in the transport business is spot on, some drivers are full of porkies, it is better to go the route of higher purchase and have rest of mind, be that as it may, the business terrain in Nigeria is not for the fainthearted, you must be ready all the time like a lion to overcome the challenges or else the unfavorable business climate both governmental & human can frustrate all your efforts, kudos to you.. cool

cheesy

Yes. For mebi try to interact with my driver on a close level. For example, currently am managing a friends vehicle for her, she never wanted hire purchase and the driver frustrated her life.

She is a nairalander here.

I then took over management, changed the remittance pattern to hire purchase. I even hanged out with the driver yesterday, I went to the cinema he took me and he was to turn back I asked him to go in with me.

I paid. She was against it. But in all now she asked me why does the guy like me and not her?

So I think been friendly to your subordinate or workers goes a long way.

However never you pick a married man to drive your car or Keke. If not you are a Gunner for life.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by olubenjazzy(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2016
Well said
Enjoyed this from the top to the bottom.

Learned from it.

But

Based on the comments I read b4 dropping my own comment

Its obvious people are happy about your achievement sir, but many didn't know how it was from the scratch o.

My shinkini advice is for any interested nairalander to contact the op for piece of advice. 'cos am about to right away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 11:55am On Jan 03, 2016
idu1:
Ymodulus, am waiting for explanation on the currency business.

Yes am about doing so.

Am just trying to redact sensitive informations. I still run these business till date and is my main source of income and one of my biggest client in the bank is a member. So I want to strip the information to a skeletal phase yet making it very informative.

How you dei bro? Long time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 11:57am On Jan 03, 2016
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by idu1(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

Yes am about doing so.

Am just trying to redact sensitive informations. I still run these business till date and is my main source of income and one of my biggest client in the bank is a member. So I want to strip the information to a skeletal phase yet making it very informative.

How you dei bro? Long time

Am very fine sir. Happy new year
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by cmonek(m): 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
slim49z:
Intresting!

I have been looking for offline income streams, as all my income at the moment is solely online. This thread might just be the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks op!
Good day sir, Kindly teach me some genuine ways to generate income online sir. .. Please Am highly interested Sir. Happy new year..
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by AfroBlue(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
a few years ago NL front page used to frequently feature these type of hustle and success stories. hopefully we will read more in 2016 and less fluff.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Blackkie: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Wonderful!
This is what is needed in the front page.
We are reading from a ''doer'' and not a ''consultant'' - the information is worth it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by 9jatatafo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
modath:

Ymodulus ,

Learnt a thing or two which I'm 100% sure gonna apply but the part where you quoted for something & supplied something else is not cool .... I'm getting that one can't be truly successful/contented without cutting corners!

This is not about faith or religious grandstanding but it Doesn't speak well..My 2k...

There are some things you will learn in the course of doing business

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by oshikes(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
Am so luving dis. I really want to go into dis keke napep bizness. Would luv u to please shade more light on it

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by nkemdi89(f): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
I so much love these and inspired by it. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, so many people are waiting for dangote and Co to share before they will get inspired.

4 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Gap2020(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
yusufobinna1:
please ymodulus,please kindly help me with your email so we can talk privately,cos my father is into this business already but I want to help him go into importing directly.thanks very much.And m also thinking of quitting my job as a contact staff in one of the banks.I will appreciate your response.waiting for your reply
Same as i
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by 4nobody4every1: 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

cheesy

Yes. For mebi try to interact with my driver on a close level. For example, currently am managing a friends vehicle for her, she never wanted hire purchase and the driver frustrated her life.

She is a nairalander here.

I then took over management, changed the remittance pattern to hire purchase. I even hanged out with the driver yesterday, I went to the cinema he took me and he was to turn back I asked him to go in with me.

I paid. She was against it. But in all now she asked me why does the guy like me and not her?

So I think been friendly to your subordinate or workers goes a long way.

However never you pick a married man to drive your car or Keke. If not you are a Gunner for life.
.....l disagree with you, it is not about been married or single, l had a single guy , age was around 28, single, l gave him a tokunbo car, he was also a family member, l took him as my brother because l know every member of his family, but he started very well and along the line he came with c..ock and rooster stories, today he will say Babangida collected the car, tomorrow he will say obasanjo stopped him, next day he will say shagari stopped him, l collected the car from him but after much pleading, l released the car back to him, until he finally paid the higher purchase agreement, l had the same issues with the series of okada l bought for single guys, so l am talking from experience, l really dont know why some drivers are not honest, maybe it is the Nigerian factor, higher purchase with strict management and control is better, l also agree with you to relate better with your subordinate, l did that severally with all those l gave vehicles and motorcycles to, l brought them to my house, we ate together, but yet, when it comes to business, they are all full of porkies...... grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by cmonek(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
One of the best thread so far.. I was really inspired. I am into mini importation but I will love to know and learn how to market the imported goods, make good sales and avoid bad debtors.
Can someone throw some lights on the marketing aspect of the imported goods please.. Thanks. Happy New Year..

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by acorntree(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
4nobody4every1:
.....l disagree with you, it is not about been married or single, l had a single guy , age was around 28, single, l gave him a tokunbo car, he was also a family member, l took him as my brother because l know every member of his family, but he started very well and along the line he came with c..ock and rooster stories, today he will say Babangida collected the car, tomorrow he will say obasanjo stopped him, next day he will say shagari stopped him, l collected the car from him but after much pleading, l released the car back to him, until he finally paid the higher purchase agreement, l had the same issues with the series of okada l bought for single guys, so l am talking from experience, l really dont know why some drivers are not honest, maybe it is the Nigerian factor, higher purchase with strict management and control is better, l also agree with you to relate better with your subordinate, l did that severally with all those l gave vehicles and motorcycles to, l brought them to my house, we ate together, but yet, when it comes to business, they are all full of porkies...... grin grin grin

That's the major problem with Nigerians. if you are not tough you can not do business successfully with them, you will just be hearing different stories.

2 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by madenigga(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
cmonek:
One of the best thread so far.. I was really inspired. I am into mini importation but I will love to know and learn how to market the imported goods, make good sales and avoid bad debtors.
Can someone throw some lights on the marketing aspect of the imported goods please.. Thanks. Happy New Year..
what kind of goods and where is ur location.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by ephi123(f): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Very inspiring thread. Can Nairaland please put more of these useful threads on the frontpage?!

3 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by 4nobody4every1: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
acorntree:

That's the major problem with Nigerians. if you are not tough you can not do business successfully with them, you will just be hearing different stories.
....Gbam, l will soon open a thread of my experiences with doing business in Nigeria grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by SYLVESTER777: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
YMODULUS-----I LIKE THIS YOUR THREAD AND YOUR NAME SOUNDS LIKE A MATHEMATICAL CONCEPT?,HOWEVER I WILL LIKE TO GET UR EMAIL ADDRESS.REMAIN BLESSED YMODULUS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:
[size=18pt] Inter- state Transportation Business[/size].

The transportation business is a very tricky one. One that is for the strong hearted. It's a cool business.

Sometime August, I went to Lagos. Then I drove all the way from Niger to Lagos State with 4 passengers ( Nysc Corpers ). On my way back from Lagos, I picked up 4 passengers. And collected N5000 * 4 = N20,000 each on both trips ( I.e going and coming )

The car was the Honda CrossTour. Though fun. But I nearly escaped death then, an accident around Bida with a Trailer. On getting to home, I began calculating. And deducting money for fuel.

I noticed that I spent around N7,000 to full the fuel tank. And I used 3 quarter fuel tank from Minna to Berger around the bridge close to Total filling station where you take a vehicle to Leventis area Ikeja. There is a Mr Biggs at that station.

Now Deducting N40,000 - N14,000 = N26,000 . That was my profit.
I thought to myself why can't I do this full. The truth is its very stressful to drive a car from Niger to Lagos or vice - versa. It's so soo stressful. I can go Abuja to ilorin or Osun that's okay but Lagos is so stressful.

Then I started making enquires, and I got to know about Sharon Vehicle. That would be my first time I knew the car name is Sharon, I thought the Sharon was just a design grin

Business in Details
I got the First Ford Sharon for 960K ( I was cheated ), even though technically I won't call it cheating because its business and all based on negotiation. I paid the person who drove it from Lagos to Niger N10,000. As at that time I don't know how to drive Manual Cars. Lol! ( I can drive that now ).

I didn't pay for Plate Number, I used a man I know during my political job in the state. He works with Frsc, before leaving. He arranged everything for me. And never collected a penny till date. He told me then he like when young people do something bla bla bla encouragement and old men talk. You should know old people and how the behave with advices like them alone have seen the world.

Cost Break Down

1 * Cotonu second Hand Ford = N770,000 - N850,000 ( Last time I got was around November, its around N770, 000)

1 * Plate number. Settlement and bribing inclusive for commercial plate number was N53,000 ( I did for a friend December last year )

All registration union and all are settled by drivers. ( I know nothing about how they pay )

Method of Remmitance

There are two methods
1. Daily Balance
2. Hire purchase

I don't do daily balance, as its unprofitable in the direction that the driver begins to tell you all manner of stories like,
* Telling you how Buhari was on the road and he seized the vehicle, so he couldn't work *
* How amaechi love the car and collected it *
* how vio pursued him and all those lies *

Hire Purchase: here you both agree a price which the driver should pay in installments after which the car becomes his.

On my own experience driver and I negotiated, He was to return N1.5m on a N970K investment car.

Mode of Business

1. He runs intra state ( Lagos - Abuja , Lagos - Kwara, Abuja - Kano )/

2. Cargo Business from Lagos - Abuja.

Cargo

For the cargo business, all I do is I contact most shipping companies that are to send goods for their customers down north. When they compile the Goods, which they do every Friday Saturday, I send my driver to go pick them and he begins to drop each goods from Ilorin , Minna , Abuja ( Final spot ).

Anytime I ask my driver to go pick cargo goods, for that day the arrangements of profit is 60% - 40% ( 60 for me and 40% for him). The cargo business, there is much money than even transportation.

For example:
* if a passenger is to pay for a seat from Lagos to Abuja he will pay N5,550 as at then.
*However if I am to collect 10 Phones and place on a seat. I will collect N1000 * 10 = N10,000.

Do you get it? I love doing cargo than running transport.

Improvements on Cargo Business
* I later met with SOJ Cargo in minna, they don't send goods on Saturday and Sunday. I was now the one helping them to do so but at discounted price.

* I helped two boutique Big boutiques in Minna there to move their goods from Lagos to Minna. These guys goes to Togo to buy Nice Prada Shoes and slippers and clothes. So when they do, the oga calls me on charter basis and my driver goes picks them.

Transport Service
* Basically the normal Transport you all know. Its nice but I didn't get much returns from this like from cargo.
Recall when ever I do cargo that day is cancelled and my driver and I share profit strictly.

Issues
* Many complained that I was giving the driver so much freedom and it will hit me back. I was scared but I was successful. It never had a side effect.
* At one point in time , I had to do wheel balancing and alignment of the vehicle. I never wanted to spend money but had to as it broke down around Ogbonoso area.
* I have to shout on driver several times to always wash the vehicle.

Status of Business today
He completed the money, and vehicle now his.BFunny thing I got the vehicle and never drove it , till it became his. As I never knew how to drive a manual car as at then.

grin

Wil I go back to this Business
I just did, recently. I went to fix money at a bank and the interest was nothing to write. Home about, I left.

I always wish I have patience for Treasury Bills. But na them seun get time to do that biz. I like sharp bizness sharp Money.

i am very interested in this business.
i actually run a keke business(which i bought 2 new keke, each costing around 407k excluding registration at the park and for plate number) and i got the money back, issued it for 780k for each, started off mini importation and stated selling on konga and jumai, this year plan was to enter logistics(thats wheren ou can be off help to me) i want to start off the cargo businesss you described above. please you can call me on 09024571240 or contact me on topsnet36@yahoo.com or email me your details

i want to know how to import keke also, so i can make profit also

i am interested in knowing how to talk to all this shipping companies and all so i can ship the goods for them, i am looking at lagos for a start.

Thank you and have a Good new business year to all entrepreneurs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus. Pls, can u link me to USED UK LAPTOPS,PHONES contact in wholesales prices?
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by omogetoun1(f): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus, I remembered, I asked for ur help on BBM or whatsapp, can't remember which means cos it's been a while but u didn't respond well. Though I felt bad but guess u just didn't want to help. Any ways keep up d good work
Ymodulus:

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by mayorall(m): 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

TLK Voucher: Ademola Ajibola Creates Own ‘Currency’ In Ijara-Isin, Kwara State / Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Femi Otedola Doesn't Wear Wristwatch, Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.