Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow (58425 Views)

Brief Profile Of The New Board Members Of Etisalat Nigeria / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by hungryboy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:
Sent to your diamond.
Bye
na so chairman,
I never hear the alert, Abi you only send the money keep alert for yourself?

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
hungryboy:
na so chairman,

I never hear the alert,
Abi you only send the money
keep alert for yourself?

Ha-ha sent to Diamond. Check please or add me to send you alert.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by adraskey: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
A very good analysis, would love to talk business with you, this my mail ra.adedokun@gmail.com
Ymodulus:
List of Business

1. Mai Shayi Business ( Indomie Joint )

2. Mai Koko / Kosai
Koko (hausa )
Akamu (Yoruba )
Pap (English )

Kosai ( Hausa )
Akara ( Yoruba )
Beans cake ( English

3. Importation contract Business ( Political contracts - my experience )

4. Yam Business

5. Keke Napep Business

6. Transport Business

7. Currency Business

8. Questions and Answers
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by braindee(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:
[size=18pt]Keke Napep Business[/size]

The first Business I did for the year 2015 was the keke Napep Business.

How I got into this Business

I had this conversation with a keke driver who was complaining that day bitterly of how the union seized his bike and collected N2,000 from him. He accepted he was at fault. Later he was caught again. I know the officer who caught him due to my job as a reporter in one of Nigeria's leading newspapers. I knew some force officers as I interviewed them in some case.

Discussion led to discussion and we started discussing about the keke napep business. He told me all there was to it l. I then replied him that I needed a driver he said he can get one for me.

I got the first Keke Napep from someone closed and hired the same man as my driver. How the business goes.

The Keke Business Proper
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance
3. New or second Hand Keke

1. New or second Hand Keke. Which is best ?
I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

There are good keke Napeps second hands.
Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
The period of complete returns on a keke depends on two things :
1. the status of the Keke at time of purchase ( I.e New or second hand )
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )
3. Agreed fee of return by driver.

There are generally two ways of paying a keke Driver.
1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I believe the two need no explanation just little extra tips.
I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

Daily return vary according to
1. Your state or Location
2. Status of Keke Napepe ( new or old )

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

In Lagos it is N4000 - N4500 ( for those plying Computer Village route ).
Note don't let anyone decieve you for the poster know what he his saying.

Now on the amount to return. There are two ways of paying back Hire Purchase.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

Note: payment on hire purchase is all based on negotiations.

3. Brand of Keke Napep to Buy
I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

4. Import a New Keke or Buy Here in Nigeria

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

Below is a second hand keke Napep I got some time back.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

5. Cost of New Keke Napep

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **
2. Michindra (435,000) as at Last Month November

Note! The above price is obtainable in Niger, Kaduna Kano wholesalers.

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

5. Cost of Second Hand Keke Napep

You can get good grade 1 brand at N140,000 or N150,000.
But the general rate is N110-150,000 ( For good ones in good conditions ).

Thanks
Ymodulus

Thanks for this information. I want to bring in some tricycles. How can we partner? Thanks
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

i gat just one word for you boss....you are a genius!

Sir i would love to know why you dont believe in God....haaaaaa!
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by hungryboy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

Chairman,no be joke,
The Chairman,
Has delivered ,
I just saw the alert,
No be joke,

My money for food for the week realised,

No carrying of blocks tommorrow again

My oga,
The Solomon of our time,
May your money be uncountable like Bill Gate's,
Your riches never start, by the time you finish with riches, your name go become Rich,
May wealth be thy name always,
May your perfume be affluence,

Chairman,
In case you need gateman am on speed dial oh

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Abeos(m): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Following
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
hungryboy:
Chairman,no be joke,
The Chairman,
Has delivered ,
I just saw the alert,
No be joke,

My money for food for the week realised,

No carrying of blocks tommorrow again

My oga,
The Solomon of our time,
May your money be uncountable like Bill Gate's,
Your riches never start, by the time you finish with riches, your name go become Rich,
May wealth be thy name always,
May your perfume be affluence,

Chairman,
In case you need gateman am on speed dial oh

cheesy

You are so funny.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Aminat508(f): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

cheesy

You are so funny.
biko wetin una dey share? Am here o angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
Aminat508:
biko wetin una dey share? Am here o angry angry

They San money na Paper. We dei share Paper

2 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Aminat508(f): 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

cry
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by aleshsenior2000(m): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

Long Life Young O. simple observation: am sure banks are monitoring this thread too. watch out. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Griffon(m): 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
slim49z:
Intresting!

I have been looking for offline income streams, as all my income at the moment is solely online. This thread might just be the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks op!

Can we have a discussion off NL with regards to online income streams?
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Antoinne: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
ramalot:

It is so sad how cheating, corruption, zero integrity and general non-accountability is part of the Nigerian DNA.

Simultaneously most religious country and most corrupt (even at individual level) is a funny paradox.
Very sad. And everyone has become part of it. It's almost like you can't get by without being corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by braindee(m): 12:21am On Jan 04, 2016
@Ymodulus, can we discuss the Keke Napep importation please. I sent you a mail. Thanks
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by yemi2plus(m): 12:30am On Jan 04, 2016
aleshsenior2000:
am sure banks are monitoring this thread too. watch out. Lol

Funny! Remind me of the FX thread.

Well done Young.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 12:47am On Jan 04, 2016
aleshsenior2000:
Long Life Young O.
simple observation: am sure banks are monitoring this thread too. watch out. Lol
Lol. Hahahahaha.

You are so funny. Lwkmd. Crazy dude
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by tugrow(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2016
tugrow:
4. Import a New Keke or Buy Here in Nigeria

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

Below is a second hand keke Napep I got some time back.

Bro please talk more on this, how to bring in keke with 35k@ Ymodule

Ymodule, please reply me on this
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by princeuk21(m): 7:22am On Jan 04, 2016
Nice one.......
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by blym4real: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2016
hungryboy:
oga you just leave thread like dat without to settle boys,
You no try oh ,

But anyways,
i wan be like you when i grow up,

Do you know his age?
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by achu442(m): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2016
YModulus after getting your eBook Abeg show me love too na
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by mojeed4(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2016
achu442:
YModulus after getting your eBook
Abeg show me love too na

Ymodulus get eBook? How I fit take get am bro
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
I don't have an eBook. And don't see a reason to create one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by chenor(f): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wow I am impressed. I am a student and will also need ideas. Ymodulus any help on that.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Ymodulus: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Bitcoin:
Every corner corner way doesn't last and the end doesn't always justify the means. This isn't to say you are doing anything illegal per se and if you are, you have a better chance of getting away with it in Nigeria but your contacts in the U.S are definitely taking chances with the law here.
They are indirectly running their own remittance business without the legal licenses from FinCEN, SEC, IRS and co all in the name of making $15 per $1000. I'm not sure about the tax laws in China but the tax laws in the U.S are very strict and it's not something to joke with. If the tax laws in China are any good, that your Alieexpress Chinese seller will be forced to pay sales tax on all transactions every 4 months. So in essence, all that money you were sending him via fake alieexpress purchases will be reviewed as total sales and he will pay a hefty tax on it, so what sense does it make? If the scale of these transactions were really astronomical, it will result in a higher tax bracket which will be a huge loss for him.

There are reasons why financial institutions have licenses and employ that Know-Your-Customer rule whereby every customer must present with state issued government ID'S and other proofs of identity upon opening an account. These rules are placed to prevent money laundering which can result in the sponsorship of terrorism and other illegal activities. I'm particularly worried about those your American contacts because I can bet you the government are watching them from the shadows... they will think they are evading tax or money laundering (boko haram, hello).

I commend your entrepreneurial spirit, however I will advise you never to bend your morals for profit (like you did with your customization business). Like you, I like to try new things; I bought bitcoins in 2009 for less than $1 each then sold them in 2013 for $1085 each, this was pure luck and nothing else cos I actually bought and forgot about them. I'm now in the process of starting a Bitcoin Remittance Business which will allow people to send any amount of money anywhere in the world for pennies. You can view my only topic on Nairaland about this venture and i'm obtaining the required licences both in Nigeria and the U.S where I will have my company. It's been over a year now and by March of this year, if everything goes smoothly, we will be live and ready. Nothing stops me from running this company without the high legal fees and time required but I like to sleep in my bed with peace of mind, not worrying about the FBI knocking on my door.

Sometimes, making money in unconventional ways may cost you your freedom and 10X the money you made. Be wise.

1. Aliexpress owned by AliGroup charges 5% of every transaction on its website. A break down if the 5% shows that 1.2% Goes as tax to Chinese Government and 1.5% goes to Hong Kong Government and the left over to their purse as source of revenue.

So that burden is placed on any buyer. However with new Hongkong laws the tax will be slashed this year, if the company adjust its 5% that is left for the company to decide.

2. The American Case: A simplified version of how it works. Americans want to send money to Nigeria, if they do, the Nigerian recipient gets 196/$1. But we cash in on the opportunity and say, don't send to Nigeria. Send the money to china. And we will pay your Nigerian clients.

I.e

America ( company ) send to China.
Nigeria pays The intended recipient.

So all transactions between the law.

Another way, we buy a well known oil coy. And they send over there. This some Nigerians do.

Thanks bye

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Rooneyboy(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ymodulus:

1. Aliexpress owned by AliGroup charges 5% of every transaction on its website. A break down if the 5% shows that 1.2% Goes as tax to Chinese Government and 1.5% goes to Hong Kong Government and the left over to their purse as source of revenue.

So that burden is placed on any buyer. However with new Hongkong laws the tax will be slashed this year, if the company adjust its 5% that is left for the company to decide.

2. The American Case: A simplified version of how it works. Americans want to send money to Nigeria, if they do, the Nigerian recipient gets 196/$1. But we cash in on the opportunity and say, don't send to Nigeria. Send the money to china. And we will pay your Nigerian clients.

I.e

Another way, we buy a well known oil coy. And they send over there. This some Nigerians do.

Thanks bye

Hi bro , tried communicating with u , funny enough I've misplaced ur nub , I used to have it back then when u were in that data sales bizz , I bought airtime from u on some occasions......

I look forward to doing bizz with u "currency bizz" , where do I come in

Finance shouldn't be my problem, clients also, "atleast from Nigeria" shouldn't be a problem I've got loads of contacts in alaba international mkt and trade fair respectively, these guys import goods every other month.

My only fear is in the area of trust , "trusting ur chinese client 100 percent" cld be risky.

What if one sends in cash to ur chinese partener for a trailer load of goods and ur chinese partner disappoints (disappears).

.... We need to talk man

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by tosinjay(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ymodulus:

I.e

Thanks bye
Oga Ymodulus, was just passing by since oo... but i have an issue, so i won't bug you with too many things. I just want to buy dollars, physical cash dollar. Abeg so i can clear my goods first for the new year. Qnd then i like some ideas here ooo, I'll ask questions about some later. Kudos to you sir. I understand that i haven't met anyone like you before, so willing to share priceless infos and an atheist join. I certainly haven't seen jare. But abeg help me. With your links or even if you sell too. Thanks. Am in lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by adelowoken: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ymodulus, can you please contact me on isolafunlola@yahoo.com as we need to discuss urgently
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Enosa1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
young boss, what a thread! this is simply 'wisdom to make wealth' at work. only God gives such. You've greatly inspired me, this came at the right time...wishes you more wisdom; more money.

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by tosinjay(m): 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
adelowoken:
Ymodulus, can you please contact me on isolafunlola@yahoo.com as we need to discuss urgently
Just saying ooo... Too many people asking him to contact them, please let's not use the fact that he seem simple to exploit it. Y'all can find means of reaching him and by asking how to reach him na. Only way i learnt is to send him message on bbm and wait till he replies. Most of us keep infos to ourselves and not share and wanna devour what others have got upstairs but please sires if you people keep sending number and email, how many he go contact ooo.? Infact i need to yarn with him too sef. #Smiles

7 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by sholex020: 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello ymodulus, I want to buy a second hand keke nepep, do u knw where I can get it in lagos. Hope to hear frm u. My email is raheem.akeem01@gmail.com
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Charis15(f): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Y modulus please am interested in the second hand keke please I need your contact. You can contact me at thekingsdaughter86@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Femi Otedola Doesn't Wear Wristwatch, Here Is Why / Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.