Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. (3305 Views)

Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Why Lil Kesh Release Apa MI (my Hand) / Oritsefemi Ft. Lil Kesh – Ireti (audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by sketcherJ(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
We have all seen and heard about the headies next rated saga which had caused a beef between donjazzy and Olamide, automatically causing a rift between Mavin's dynasty and ybln crew, this had been trending on twitter, instagram , Facebook, nairaland etc
we might have not have seen the end of this drama yet because don jazzy had not replied and maybe will decide to snub Olamide and never reply..some people and even celebrities are choosing sides and blaming the two bosses, but that is not the purpose of this article, we are here to know why lil kesh didn't win, why reekado banks won,do you know that there are signs reekado banks had won even before it was announced at the event? Do we even know the criteria the headies used in choosing the next rated? Where is korede bello?

THESE ARE SOME REASONS WHY LIL KESH DIDN'T WIN

1. His lyrical content ; lil kesh is a good rapper, you can't be in a party and hear his song without dancing to it... The beats are temptating and captivating but it would be dishonesty on our part if we say his lyrical content is all that good, most of the lyrics he uses are dirty, and one tracked, love, sex etc these are in contrast to reekado's diverse soft lyrical content.

2. the type of fans he have ; if you go out into the street and ask people who they like and prefer between lil kesh and korede bello, six (6) would go for lil kesh and four (4) would go for reekado banks , because of his street lyrics, lil kesh and Olamide ( king of mainland) controls the streets where they have their fans, meanwhile reekado still has a touch or hold on the elite part of the society.

Now who are the street?

The street is mostly made up of ghetto boys and girls , some of lil kesh die hard fans don't even know about the headies not to talk of voting for lil kesh, you might be surprised and oppose this point due to the 1000+ retweets and favorites you have been seeing on lil kesh 's tweet lately but you will agree with me this headies fuss had made him more popular and he is also benefitting from olamide's fan base.

The elites are the not rich , not poor people coupled with the rich ones, the elites are the one that looks for good beats and good lyrical contents. Most importantly the elites are the ones active on social medias; twitter, nairaland. Instagram, Facebook etc, and the elites are the ones who voted. Reekado won because of this and also because of don jazzy's nice guy approach and hold on the elites( I hope you get this)

3. Lil kesh had been bragging that he is the next rated before the headies event; some people decided not to vote for lil kesh because of this behaviour, out of all the next rated nominees, lil kesh was the only one bragging that he had already won ,indirectly terming others as incompetent.
This even came out in hip TV news , and reekado was asked to comment on the issue , people would have expected reekado banks to flare up and antagonize him but his comment was surprising and full of sportsmanship..he said
"Yes he is the next rated, yes he is"
The journalist was surprised and she told him "but you are nominated too"
He replied her" yes but lil kesh is my guy, I like him..so he is the next rated"

I didn't vote but because I watched this news, you know who would have gotten my vote.
But right then, if I were to place my bet, I would have placed it all on reekado banks, it is obvious then that he had won..why? He was the only nominee that was asked to comment on lil kesh's statement. Why not kiss Daniel? Korede bello? Etc..no, don't tell me its mere coincidence.

WHY REEKADO BANKS WON

Believe it or not, another major reason why reekado won was because he was pitied ,many people actually thought don jazzy is pushing reekado banks to the backstage and edging korede bello to the limelight, you would agree with me, korede was trending in the news throughout the last months of 2015, he was even made youth ambassador or something of the sort by the inspector general of police,so people actually thought they would be helping reekado's career by voting for him..believe it.

I hope I have not been biased in this write up, if I have ,please forgive me, I am not here to fight, I am just here to play..remember there are no permanent friends nor permanent enemies...peace.

Source : http://dandywriter..nl/2016/01/headies-saga-why-reekado-banks-won-why.html?m=1#sthash.7kph8IwT.dpuf

Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by MzPecs(f): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by sketcherJ(m): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by jaymejate: 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
[size=15pt]If you had say that na because lil kesh nor de prostrate greet elders, i would have Concord. Buh this wey you write for here na... Nothing. undecided[/size]
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by 20bc(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by David0(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ur very correct...I guess Reekado's humility gave him d award.

1 Like

Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by sketcherJ(m): 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lalasticlala, ijebabe, ishilove.
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by yoji: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
David0:
Ur very correct...I guess Reekado's humility gave him d award.
then they should create most humble artist category seperately

1 Like

Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by 0luwap3lumi: 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
I cry for you, it's that simple #IAmTeamYBNL
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by David0(m): 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
yoji:

then they should create most humble artist category seperately

They don't need to, it's about d vote, everyone have their reasons for voting who dey like. May not necessarily be the songs dey sang.
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by Isaacvin(m): 12:03am On Jan 03, 2016
CAPITAL RUBBISH!!!!!!! Call a spade a spade! Diz na OJORO in d highest order. U can go on and brag if u tink u are d best, politician brag b4 d election, wrestler brag b4 dey enter d ring, footballers brag, musician brag and many more. So keep quiet u no get point. And what do u mean by saying lil kesh fans no sabi use internet? U b BIG FOOL! I no jst wan swear for u...
Re: Headies Saga; Why Reekado Banks Won, Why Lil Kesh Didn't And More.. by dionisaiah(m): 8:35am On Jan 03, 2016
Adm. Pls u need to introduce lik on nairaland Web.... Cos some comment need to be liked... Wink

(1) (Reply)

Mastering Tips For Producers And Sound Engineers / Help Me With The Link To Download Mawo Mi Roro By Orlando Owoh . / Mix Tape And Album-what Is The Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.